Kamala Harris Insists She Doesn't Know Anything, Again, And Again,

Rate this topic

Liz

Kamala Harris Insists She Doesn't Know Anything, Again, And Again, And Again

Washington Examiner

by Philip Wegmann

December 06, 2018 05:37 PM

Excerpt:

Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., doesn’t know anything — and that’s her best defense.

When news broke that the California Department of Justice settled a $400,000 sexual harassment settlement involving one of her longtime staffers, Larry Wallace, Harris was supposedly stunned.

The senator didn’t know that Wallace preyed on a female executive at the California Department of Justice while Harris was attorney general in 2016. The senator was similarly oblivious to the fact that Wallace was still a defendant in a lawsuit the next year when she decided to bring him to Washington to serve as a senior adviser.

“We were unaware of this issue and take accusations of harassment extremely seriously. This evening, Mr. Wallace offered his resignation to the senator, and she accepted it,” spokeswoman Lily Adams wrote in an email to the Sacramento Bee.

This would be more believable if this was an isolated incident of ignorance. Unfortunately for Harris and her presidential hopes, she has a habit of know-nothingness: Things would go bad, the headlines would be ugly, and California's top cop would insist on her own obliviousness.

When her lawyers argued against releasing nonviolent prisoners from overcrowded prisons in 2014, then-Attorney General Harris said she didn’t know. Her team argued in court that prisoners needed to remain in prison because California couldn’t spare them. They needed the incarcerated to stay incarcerated lest the state run out of forced labor to fight forest fires.

Then the press caught wind and Harris swore she hadn’t known what was done in her name.

"I will be very candid with you, because I saw that article this morning, and I was shocked, and I'm looking into it to see if the way it was characterized in the paper is actually how it occurred in court," Harris told BuzzFeed. "I was very troubled by what I read. I just need to find out what did we actually say in court."

When Kevin Cooper, a black man on death row, begged California for a DNA test to exonerate him of hacking a white family to pieces in the 1980s, the state attorney general’s office refused. There was evidence of a coverup. There was evidence of white cops framing a black man. There was evidence that could have been tested with advanced DNA testing.

Again the press investigated. This time it was the New York Times in 2018 with an in-depth spread that raised the prospect that California might execute an innocent man and that then-Attorney General Harris refused to allow the testing.

After publication, Harris was again oblivious, but this time horrified.

*snip*

Full Story

Ticked@TinselTown

I posted this story yesterday and what amazes me is that this guy was her senior aide and yet she maintains that she knew NOTHING about the situation?

Really?

And they let her get away with that, especially given her behavior during the Kavanaugh hearings?

Puh-leeeze!

Wag-a-Muffin (D)

It's the Sergeant Schultz defense.

MontyPython

It's the Sergeant Schultz defense.

4f0e5d1ee775c7f8eab906aec7993c72ea396946a9f10dfd6cce56c0846a2b16.jpg

tailgunner

4f0e5d1ee775c7f8eab906aec7993c72ea396946a9f10dfd6cce56c0846a2b16.jpg

Nothing!!!

zurg

At the same time she claims that Trump must have known about every campaign staffer he had for a week.

AnnieGotHerGun

At the same time she claims that Trump must have known about every campaign staffer he had for a week.

She she can be dumber than a box of rocks but no one else is allowed to be, huh? She must be super special to be so ignorant and to be in Congress already...

RedSoloCup

Willie Brown's "mistress": I Dindu Nuffin!

Taggart Transcontinental

I posted this story yesterday and what amazes me is that this guy was her senior aide and yet she maintains that she knew NOTHING about the situation?

Really?

And they let her get away with that, especially given her behavior during the Kavanaugh hearings?

Puh-leeeze!

She probably didn't know a damn thing. Most narcissists don't know anything about the people serving them.

Confessor

While I agree she is a “know-nothing” idiot, I am willing to bet she was well aware of this.