To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Huge Story: New Report Suggests ‘Deep State’ Effort At Work To ‘Rein

Rate this topic

Liz

‘Huge Story’: New Report Suggests ‘Deep State’ Effort At Work To ‘Rein In’ President Trump

BPR

Frieda Powers

December 7, 2018

Excerpt:

A new report appears to admit that there was an effort by the DOJ and the FBI to “rein in” President Donald Trump in the “chaotic” days following the firing of then FBI Director James Comey.

Top FBI officials and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein reportedly floated options for dealing with the president, whom they believed needed to be checked, even before he fired Comey in May 2017, according to CNN.

With the ongoing, more than 18-month investigation under special counsel Robert Mueller, which has been repeatedly blasted by Trump as a “witch hunt,” the new report exposes details that have come to light about the days immediately following Comey’s firing.

The fact that report came from the normally anti-Trump network CNN got the attention of many people who believe that there must be more to come. The Federalist’s Mollie Hemingway called this, and today’s events part of a ‘huge story’ and was all over it (more from Hemingway at end of post):

Leakers now saying to friendly media that probe was about reining Trump in, not uncovering collusion with Russia (which they knew was sans evidence). Their purpose: constrain Trump. Yet is anyone even investigating this years-long scandal, much less holding people to account? https://t.co/X1CAzahYm8

— Mollie (@MZHemingway) December 7, 2018

*snip*

But according to one Justice Department official, Rosenstein was not looking at ways to rein in Trump but rather sought to discuss conducting the investigation with McCabe.

“He never said anything like that,” the source told CNN.

But other sources contend that Rosenstein and other senior officials at the FBI felt Trump needed to be curbed as his behavior made them uneasy.

“It’s shocking that the FBI would open up an obstruction case for the President exercising his authority under Article II,” Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani said.

Less than two weeks after Comey was fired, the probe was launched and Mueller was appointed. Reports came to light that indicated Rosenstein had offered to wear a wire while speaking with Trump and the idea that Cabinet members might invoke the 25th Amendment to remove the president from office. Rosenstein denied the claims later.

The fact that there was an effort by the FBI to open a case prior to the appointment of a special counsel raised eyebrows as The Federalist’s Mollie Hemingway noted in a tweet responding to the CNN report.

CNN essentially admits there is a Deep State in the DOJ/FBI trying to “rein in” Trump and to keep him in check, led by Rosentein and in the past by McCabe too. CNN also says talks of controlling Trump predated the firing of Comey.

https://t.co/LTbL0lDGCI

Hemingway also broke down comments by Trump on Friday in a tweetstorm slamming Mueller as a biased prosecutor, just ahead of Friday’s anticipated document release by the special counsel.

Comey and Mueller are extremely close, which obviously poses a conflict of interest for a real investigation. Mueller hired quite a few Democrat partisans. You may not like Trump, but these things are legitimate concerns. People should not be afraid to admit that. https://t.co/bPl3aOlC0h

Hemingway acknowledged that the president has “legitimate concerns” about the probe despite one’s feelings about him.

*snip*

Full Story

Ticked@TinselTown

Quelle surprise... :o

Effing not... <_<

MontyPython

Are there really any people out there who weren't already aware of all this? Yeah I know, the leftists will never admit it, but even they already knew it.

<_<

Censport

And who recommended to Trump that he fire Comey?

zurg

Ultimately and fundamentally, this is all because people who’ve held power and have called the shots are fearful they’ve lost at least a part of it. And they are dumbfounded that they weren’t able to control enough Americans with their games. So the truth comes out: they don’t want to respect voter opinion, even for one term.

MontyPython

And who recommended to Trump that he fire Comey?

E F Hutton?

:coolshades:

Censport

E F Hutton?

Rod Rosenstein.

MontyPython

Rod Rosenstein.

(Yeah I know. I was joking, LOL.)

;)

LeansToTheRight

E F Hutton?

As you know, when E.F. Hutton talks, people listen.

(Haha! Thanks for the memories of commercials in my youth)

MontyPython

As you know, when E.F. Hutton talks, people listen.

(Haha! Thanks for the memories of commercials in my youth)

:2up:

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who remembered those old E F Hutton commercials. This one was always my favorite: