To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Dershowitz: Mueller ‘Will Blur The Line Between Crimes And Sins And

Rate this topic

Liz

Dershowitz: Mueller ‘Will Blur The Line Between Crimes And Sins And Write A Report Designed To Put The President In A Bad Light’

‘Collusion itself is not a crime’

Grabien

Dec 8, 2018 1:00 PM

By Grabien Staff

[Too short to excerpt]

DERSHOWITZ: “But I don’t see any crimes. Collusion itself is not a crime. Using information given by Russia to WikiLeaks would not be a crime unless the campaign participated with WikiLeaks in the hacking itself. There’s no evidence to support that. So what I’m afraid is going to happen is this Special Counsel, whose job it is only to find crimes, not sins, only crimes, will blur the line between crimes and sins and write a report designed to put the President in a bad light but in the end, they won’t be able to find any specific violations of federal criminal statutes unless they stretch these vague laws like obstruction of justice beyond any recognition.”

Link

Taggart Transcontinental

Of course then the idiots in left-ville will demand his scalp and push the DNC to go for impeachment. There will be enough squishy Republicans in the Senate to support it or at least threaten him and force him to capitulate on his promises. They will then run against him in 2020 and the base will abandon him, and the only chance we had to save this republic will be brought down by lies and manipulation of idiots.

NH Populist

Of course then the idiots in left-ville will demand his scalp and push the DNC to go for impeachment. There will be enough squishy Republicans in the Senate to support it or at least threaten him and force him to capitulate on his promises. They will then run against him in 2020 and the base will abandon him, and the only chance we had to save this republic will be brought down by lies and manipulation of idiots.

The base won't abandon him and you've already given the reason why, who else is even Trying to save the Republic?!

Edited by NH Populist

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

We knew that the proggy left is trying to make something perfectly legal into something to smear and take down Trump with.

Trump's supporters see right through this :bs: scheme and he will sail right through re-election.

RedSoloCup

We knew that the proggy left is trying to make something perfectly legal into something to smear and take down Trump with.

Trump's supporters see right through this :bs: scheme and he will sail right through re-election.

:exactly:

The leftards can ESAD..

Martin

Lawyers call the phrase "high crimes and misdemeanors" in the Constitutional grounds for impeachment a "term of art." That is, "a term which has a specialized meaning in a particular field or profession." Hence, they say, Trump doesn't have to commit any actual serious crimes or even misdemeanors to deserve impeachment. All he has to do is anything a Democrat-run House of Representatives wants to call grounds for impeachment even if it's perfectly legal.

Politically, though, this puts the lawyers of the land, who are mostly liberals, on thin ice with the electorate. The public is bound to see impeachment of a President for doing something neither he or anybody else can be prosecuted for as a purely political act passed off as a judicial one. They will not be satisfied with "it's a term of art, you're too ignorant to understand this, just leave it to us lawyers." The public will call it a witch hunt.

zurg

Lawyers call the phrase "high crimes and misdemeanors" in the Constitutional grounds for impeachment a "term of art." That is, "a term which has a specialized meaning in a particular field or profession." Hence, they say, Trump doesn't have to commit any actual serious crimes or even misdemeanors to deserve impeachment. All he has to do is anything a Democrat-run House of Representatives wants to call grounds for impeachment even if it's perfectly legal.

Politically, though, this puts the lawyers of the land, who are mostly liberals, on thin ice with the electorate. The public is bound to see impeachment of a President for doing something neither he or anybody else can be prosecuted for as a purely political act passed off as a judicial one. They will not be satisfied with "it's a term of art, you're too ignorant to understand this, just leave it to us lawyers." The public will call it a witch hunt.

Exactly. I’m actually hoping the dims go for it. (I’m pretty sure I don’t have to ‘hope’ - they’ll do it. And talk about the deplorable voters afterwards.)

Kilmerfan

I can't speak for the others but I will not abandon him.

That_Guy

The public is bound to see impeachment of a President for doing something neither he or anybody else can be prosecuted for as a purely political act passed off as a judicial one.

FYI - Trump's impeachment will be for committing crimes that literally ANYONE else would be prosecuted for.

zurg

FYI - Trump's impeachment will be for committing crimes that literally ANYONE else would be prosecuted for.

:biglaugh:

mjperry51

A broad, meaningless statement. . .

I'm shocked. . .cool_shades.gif

MontyPython

And yet nobody has come up with any such crime, despite a couple years of desperately digging under every rock, behind every tree, around every corner.

Do you really truly have no self-awareness at all? Don't you grasp how much you morons on the "impeach" bandwagon resemble the Keystone Kops?

:rolleyes:

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

:bs:

The Clintons have done far worse in accepting illegal campaign money from the Chinese and from other countries.

Democraps never get prosecuted for their high crimes or misdemeanors.

History proves you wrong.

That_Guy

And yet nobody has come up with any such crime

Not true. If "Individual-1" as described below were anyone OTHER THAN the President, DoJ would be indicting that person right along with Michael Cohen:

During the campaign, Cohen played a central role in two similar schemes to purchase the rights to stories – each from women who claimed to have had an affair with Individual-1 – so as
to suppress the stories and thereby prevent them from influencing the election.
With respect to both payments, Cohen acted with
the intent to influence the 2016 presidential election.
Cohen coordinated his actions with one or more members of the campaign, including through meetings and phone calls, about the fact, nature, and timing of the payments. In particular, and as Cohen himself has now admitted, with respect to both payments, he acted in coordination with and at the direction of Individual-1. As a result of Cohen’s actions, neither woman spoke to the press prior to the election.

Edited by That_Guy

AntonToo

And yet nobody has come up with any such crime

Your memory is failing you.

Obstruction of Justice is pretty straight forward one (as I ALREADY spent time outlining directly to you and you had no refute)

Trump is also a co-conspirator to some of charges Cohen plead guilty to, and will be doing time for.

zurg

Trump is also a co-conspirator to some of charges Cohen plead guilty to, and will be doing time for.

He hasn’t even been charged yet.

Here’s the mistake your side is making. You say Cohen lied before, but now (under duress and threat of jail and loss of wealth) he’s telling the truth. That’s so typical.

If Trump is charged with a crime, there will have to be a whole process, and that includes re-questioning of Cohen, and a whole host of other people. Trump isn’t going to be sentenced on “oh Mueller found out from Cohen that Trump told him to pay the hookers because of the election”.

It would be unbelievable, if it wasn’t coming from you or TG.

JerryL

I don’t see that happening.

Censport

You're not qualified to make that statement.

RedSoloCup

Only in your dreams, sport.

Obstruction of Justice is pretty straight forward one (as I ALREADY spent time outlining directly to you and you had no refute)

:tantrum:

RedSoloCup

:bs:

The Clintons have done far worse in accepting illegal campaign money from the Chinese and from other countries.

Democraps never get prosecuted for their high crimes or misdemeanors.

History proves you wrong.

Not to mention $$ from countries that abuse women and gays, the same ppl that Hitlery claims to be a "champion" for.

Bookdoc

And yet nobody has come up with any such crime, despite a couple years of desperately digging under every rock, behind every tree, around every corner.

Do you really truly have no self-awareness at all? Don't you grasp how much you morons on the "impeach" bandwagon resemble the Keystone Kops?

Self-awareness has never been a libturd trait. If it was there would be a wave of suicides among their ilk.

zurg

You're not qualified to make that statement.

:lol: That’s funny ... multiple levels .... history, truthfulness, irony ...

MontyPython

Not true. If "Individual-1" as described below were anyone OTHER THAN the President, DoJ would be indicting that person right along with Michael Cohen:

During the campaign, Cohen played a central role in two similar schemes to purchase the rights to stories – each from women who claimed to have had an affair with Individual-1 – so as
to suppress the stories and thereby prevent them from influencing the election.
With respect to both payments, Cohen acted with
the intent to influence the 2016 presidential election.
Cohen coordinated his actions with one or more members of the campaign, including through meetings and phone calls, about the fact, nature, and timing of the payments. In particular, and as Cohen himself has now admitted, with respect to both payments, he acted in coordination with and at the direction of Individual-1. As a result of Cohen’s actions, neither woman spoke to the press prior to the election.

LOLOLOL

That twaddle again?? Once again you display the attention-span of a gnat. I already showed you the gaping holes in that nonsense in the other thread.

But hey! Dig in! Hang in there! Clench your teeth! Stand immovable! That way when this whole idiotic "Mueller investigation" house of cards falls apart (as it inevitably must), it will just be all that much more painful and embarrassing for you.

Re - The bolded enlarged part: LOL. If your "outline" that you say I failed to "refute" was posted within the past 10 hours or so, then relax. I've just finished spending the day playing with my grandson (who is much more important to me than any idiot leftist, and even though only 5 yrs old and learning impaired, is far more intelligent too), and I just now got here. I haven't yet seen this supposed outline, but I'm sure I'll come across it eventually.

Censport

Re - The bolded enlarged part: LOL. If your "outline" that you say I failed to "refute" was posted within the past 10 hours or so, then relax. I've just finished spending the day playing with my grandson (who is much more important to me than any idiot leftist, and even though only 5 yrs old and learning impaired, is far more intelligent too), and I just now got here. I haven't yet seen this supposed outline, but I'm sure I'll come across it eventually.

You mean you're not paid to post on here?

;)

MontyPython

You mean you're not paid to post on here?

;)

I wish!

:yes: