To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Gertie Keddle

Carolina Teachers Refuse to Release Students’ Final Grades Unless Scho

Rate this topic

Gertie Keddle

Carolina Teachers Refuse to Release Students’ Final Grades Unless School Bans Confederate Monument

Posted at 10:00 am on December 11, 2018 by Alex Parker

Red State

Excerpt:

<edit>

Here’s something you don’t see every day:

A bunch of teachers at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill have decided to protest according to their political sensibilities by withholding students’ grades.

Presently, a monument of “Silent Sam” — a 1913 memorialization of the 300 alumni who fought in the Confederate Army — is set to be installed in an on-campus building. The statue was knocked down from its original location on August 20th.

In order to fight the confederate power, at least 79 instructors and teaching assistants have reportedly agreed to a “grade strike,” whereby they’ll refuse to release final grades to the students until their demand — to have Silent Sam banned — is met.

Shouldn’t all the teachers just be fired, then? It isn’t their job to determine whether a monument is placed on campus.

Article

Dean Adam Smithee

If I were a student who didn't get a grade, I'd be suing for "breach of contract" and a full refund of tuition.

MontyPython

Shouldn’t all the teachers just be fired, then? It isn’t their job to determine whether a monument is placed on campus.

Yes, and yes.

<_<

Bubbajoebob

Even with tenure, failure to do your basic job duties, such as holding classes, submitting grades, etc. is grounds to fire a professor. Without tenure, instructors and TA's are generally "at-will" employees and don't have to be hired the next year.

But they won't be fired because they're leftists and aren't held to the standards non-leftists are. I was going to say they wouldn't be fired like someone withholding grades in support of a right-wing or libertarian position would be, but I have trouble imagining right-wing or libertarians doing that. They'd protest in some other way, not by hurting the students who need to graduate, etc.

Kilmerfan

If it was my high school grades, I wouldn't mind....

RedSoloCup

Fire the bastards...

USNRETWIFE

If I were a student who didn't get a grade, I'd be suing for "breach of contract" and a full refund of tuition.

Yup, the students need to lawyer up immediately.

DJGoody

Don't grades going into a computer system on a campus server? Just pull them off of there and put the grades out. Assuming of course these professors do their job throughout the semester.

NH Populist

Ronald Reagan when air traffic controllers went on strike, told 'em to go back to work or he'd fire 'em all. They didn't, so he did.

RedSoloCup

Ronald Reagan when air traffic controllers went on strike, told 'em to go back to work or he'd fire 'em all. They didn't, so he did.

This needs to happen, right now.

Holland25

Fire the bastards...

Yeah, I feel the same way. My family fought and were Confederate soldiers and some of high rank. These creeps hate America and it's history. These losers think the Civil War was all about slavery. Yes, it was a big social issue but the North was mainly anti- slave to cripple the South's economy. We are supposed to believe that white America went to war and lost there lives over slavery. Didn't Grant and Sherman own slaves? Didn't Lincoln originally say his purpose was not to end slavery? These are faithful American soldiers and patriots on both sides and deserve all the respect we can give them. Leave the statues and flags you carpetbaggers, it has nothing to do with racism.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Isn't this a threat?

Isn't this extortion?

Isn't that a felony?

Fire all of their asses and then have them all arrested and charged.

They do not get to call the shots nor dictate to others what to do or not.

:exactly:

Severian

Yeah, I feel the same way. My family fought and were Confederate soldiers and some of high rank. These creeps hate America and it's history. These losers think the Civil War was all about slavery. Yes, it was a big social issue but the North was mainly anti- slave to cripple the South's economy. We are supposed to believe that white America went to war and lost there lives over slavery. Didn't Grant and Sherman own slaves? Didn't Lincoln originally say his purpose was not to end slavery? These are faithful American soldiers and patriots on both sides and deserve all the respect we can give them. Leave the statues and flags you carpetbaggers, it has nothing to do with racism.

:yeahthat:

:thumbsup:

That_Guy

These are faithful American soldiers and patriots on both sides

That is literally nonsense.

MontyPython

Considering your standard "getting things right" rate, that means it must be true.

B)

Ticked@TinselTown

Exactly.

Howsithangin

While I will acknowledge your expertise when it comes to nonsense, you're wrong here.

At the troop-level, the war wasn't about slavery. Many/most valued their state above that of the country They were fighting because they were invaded, not because of slavery.

One can appreciate the bravery, honor and patriotism of one's enemy. I have witnessed it regularly living in the ex-Pacific Theater of WWII. It's called class.

I "disowned" UNC-CH as my alma mater years ago.

This is just continuing evidence as to why I did so.

The indoctrinators should be fired for breach of contract. Immediately.

Severian

Robert E. Lee's father was Light Horse Harry Lee, a renowned cavalryman of the Revolutionary War and a signer of the Declaration Of Independence. Lee was married to one of George Washington's granddaughters. He didn't agree with slavery, and was a dedicated West Point graduate and US Army officer. He decided after long thought that the North was violating the Constitution and abusing its authority over the states and decided to support his native Virginia in the struggle. I trust his judgement about the reasons for the war and it's justification far far more than I do any Johnny come lately revisionist historian/social justice whiner of today, especially T_G, who's opinion on whether water is wet would be suspect. Lee was there at the beginning and knew the Founders more intimately than we do now.

The Left is continuing a long war of cultural genocide, lately similar to the Taliban and ISIS destroying old statues and ruins, against the South, especially as many of us are Conservatives and Republicans.

Edited by Severian

Robert E. Lee's father was Light Horse Harry Lee, a renowned cavalryman of the Revolutionary War and a signer of the Declaration Of Independence. Lee was married to one of George Washington's granddaughters. He didn't agree with slavery, and was a dedicated West Point graduate and US Army officer. He decided after long thought that the North was violating the Constitution and abusing its authority over the states and decided to support his native Virginia in the struggle. I trust his judgement about the reasons for the war and it's justification far far more than I do any Johnny come lately revisionist historian/social justice whiner of today, especially T_G, who's opinion on whether water is wet would be suspect. Lee was there at the beginning and knew the Founders more intimately than we do now.

The Left is continuing a long war of cultural genocide, lately similar to the Taliban and ISIS destroying old statues and ruins, against the South, especially as many of us are Conservatives and Republicans.

:welldone: :exactly:

That_Guy

Robert E. Lee's father was Light Horse Harry Lee, a renowned cavalryman of the Revolutionary War and a signer of the Declaration Of Independence. Lee was married to one of George Washington's granddaughters. He didn't agree with slavery, and was a dedicated West Point graduate and US Army officer. He decided after long thought that the North was violating the Constitution and abusing its authority over the states and decided to support his native Virginia in the struggle.

Not exactly.

What he said was, “I look upon secession as anarchy. If I owned the four millions of slaves in the South I would sacrifice them all to the Union; but how can I draw my sword upon Virginia, my native state?“

He may have been a loyal Virginian, but he was not a patriotic American.

Ticked@TinselTown

Not exactly.

What he said was, “I look upon secession as anarchy. If I owned the four millions of slaves in the South I would sacrifice them all to the Union; but how can I draw my sword upon Virginia, my native state?“

As if YOU have an iota of a clue what it is to be a patriotic American.

The garbage you espouse is the antithesis of what America was created to be.

Not exactly.

:bs:

You're a clueless idiot.

Howsithangin

I nearly projectile vomited my lunch across the conference room at this knee-slapper.

I know more about pleasing a woman than you know about being a patriotic American, sweetie. And that ain't saying much. <_<

MontyPython

Not exactly.

Any proclamations about being a "patriotic American" coming from a leftist is the very apex of hilarious irony.

:rolleyes:

RedSoloCup

Not exactly.

:yawn:

As if YOU have an iota of a clue what it is to be a patriotic American.

The garbage you espouse is the antithesis of what America was created to be.

:bs:

You're a clueless idiot.

:clap:

Any proclamations about being a "patriotic American" coming from a leftist is the very apex of hilarious irony.

:rolleyes: