To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
MTP Reggie

'Adulting Day' teaches high schoolers how to pay bills, cook,

Rate this topic

MontyPython

"X" was those movies you kept trying to get into when you were 14.

I do remember Home Ec and shop class for youngsters and i did get in to an 'X" movie..sort of... Me and some friends watched "Fritz the Cat" from over the fence at the drive in..(remember those?)

Kestrel...

Sure do, and really miss them. At the drive in you could adjust your seat for more legroom, could talk all you want without getting "shushed" by people around you, could smoke & drink, etc etc etc. Drive-ins were great, modern theaters suck.

B)

Dean Adam Smithee

Sure do, and really miss them. At the drive in you could adjust your seat for more legroom, could talk all you want without getting "shushed" by people around you, could smoke & drink, etc etc etc. Drive-ins were great, modern theaters suck.

B)

I think a lot of the demise of drive-in had to do with lack of decent sound; Drive-ins started to really decline about the same time that Dolby and THX and surround-sound etc started to become popular in indoor theaters versus those cheap-ass metal boxes you hung on your car window.

On the other hand, does anybody REALLY go to a drive-in just to watch the film?

I agree that modern theaters suck....except for my HOME theater, wherein you can adjust your seat, drink all you want, and do whatever else you would do at a drive-in AND has a decent sound system AND you don't have to worry about someone starting up their engine with no muffler right next to or shining their high-beams into your car.

Ladybird

B)

Before Times Square became respectable, you could do all that and more in the theater. The first Cheech & Chong movie, Up In Smoke, I watched in 42nd St theater that had so much weed smoke, we didn't need our own supplies. I was about 13 and had never laughed so hard in my life.

The theaters down there also didn't care how old you were, so R (or whatever) rated movies were no problem.

MontyPython

I think a lot of the demise of drive-in had to do with lack of decent sound; Drive-ins started to really decline about the same time that Dolby and THX and surround-sound etc started to become popular in indoor theaters versus those cheap-ass metal boxes you hung on your car window.

On the other hand, does anybody REALLY go to a drive-in just to watch the film?

I agree that modern theaters suck....except for my HOME theater, wherein you can adjust your seat, drink all you want, and do whatever else you would do at a drive-in AND has a decent sound system AND you don't have to worry about someone starting up their engine with no muffler right next to or shining their high-beams into your car.

I'll bet you don't allow smoking...:whistling:...Nobody does anymore. I think our place is the last place on earth where we don't make anybody go outside to smoke a cigarette.

:smoker:

MontyPython

Before Times Square became respectable, you could do all that and more in the theater. The first Cheech & Chong movie, Up In Smoke, I watched in 42nd St theater that had so much weed smoke, we didn't need our own supplies. I was about 13 and had never laughed so hard in my life.

The theaters down there also didn't care how old you were, so R (or whatever) rated movies were no problem.

I'll bet there was still the "legroom" problem all us tall people encounter in theaters.

:coolshades: