To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Gertie Keddle

I'm a Senior Trump Official and I Hope a Long Shutdown Smokes Out

Rate this topic

zurg

Laid off is not the same thing as working with no pay. The essential workers, like TSA screeners and air traffic controllers are working without pay and are not eligible for unemployment, as far as I know. Even if they are, unemployment pay sucks. Belive me I know.

This situation is not of their making.

Your point was not getting a paycheck. Therefore my example of laid off workers is valid. They’re ALSO not getting a paycheck. And furthermore, as others have pointed out, and as is OBVIOUS, the laid off workers are worse off than those whose pay is deferred. Congress passed a law just a week ago that guarantees back pay to government workers. So they’re safe long term. They’ll get their paychecks in full, once Pelosi and Schumer come to their senses and understand that we need a wall/barrier.

zurg

How long can you go without paying the mortgage or car insurance before getting threatened with being cut off? Car insurance is most important. Next is medicine and food. Take out a loan for a few weeks? Who besides a loan shark will hand over money to someone who’s not getting a regular paycheck?

Actually it’s not loan sharks. Local banks are ADVERTISING loans at low rates to government employees. They know it’s a low risk loan.

zurg

So they should quit. Who will our government get to replace them if the position won’t pay until the impasse is over?

Their dilemma is way better than those who have been laid off. Way better.

Go get a new job starting Monday. Govt shutdown goes on another month? You go in to resign when they’re back and you’ll have a month’s worth of extra dough for doing no extra work.

The issue of the southern border is too important to fold on because of inconvenience to government workers. Inconvenience that they can resolve.

Ladybird

Isn't that the government's problem to find a solution to since they caused the problem?

I'm just pointing out that the people you are weeping for have options.

I feel the government should find a solution without using workers as pawns. The longer this goes on, the more it will become everyone’s problem.

MontyPython

How long can you go without paying the mortgage or car insurance before getting threatened with being cut off? Car insurance is most important. Next is medicine and food. Take out a loan for a few weeks? Who besides a loan shark will hand over money to someone who’s not getting a regular paycheck?

EVERY bank in the country will be HAPPY to loan money at low interest to any government worker affected by this shutdown. Talk about guaranteed payment in full.

So they should quit. Who will our government get to replace them if the position won’t pay until the impasse is over?

Nowhere did he suggest they "should" quit. He merely pointed out that's an option if they can't handle the hazards of government work, especially since there are currently so many other jobs available (thanks to our great president!)

I feel the government should find a solution without using workers as pawns. The longer this goes on, the more it will become everyone’s problem.

Then write to your Democrat congresscritters, who are directly responsible for the problem.

B)

JerryL

Then contact your Dem congress people and tell them to fund border security like they have said and campaigned on and legislated for years.

That would be the government solution.

Edited by JerryL

RedSoloCup

When a person’s arguments descend into name calling and personal attacks, it’s clear they have nothing worthwhile to say. Tell you what, since this is all you have been able manage for the past few months, I will put you on ignore from here on out.

Capiche?

Pot, meet kettle.

zurg

This is squarely caused by your side.

I guess we’re about to find out, sooner or later, what Americans think overall.

stick

The Deep State Fat needs to be removed.

stick

I guess saving for a rainy day does have its merits. Do you think these gov't workers are living paycheck to paycheck with no savings whatsoever? If so, I feel even LESS sorry for them. YMMV

Noclevermoniker

Just wow! I fogots that i don live in da hood, where somebody will break my legs if I'm late. See, in my world, I go to a bank, and they know I still have a job, but pay has been delayed. I have a mortgage, so I have collateral, to back up a small loan. etc.

The sky is not falling.

stick

Unemployment is at all time lows, these people should get off their asses if they don't like their current employment. REGULAR AMERICANS do it EVERY DAY.

DJGoody

Have you called your Democrat Congresspeople and demanded that they come to the table and negotiate instead of partying it up in Puerto Rico?

stick

Have you called your Democrat Congresspeople and demanded that they come to the table and negotiate instead of partying it up in Puerto Rico?

She'd rather argue with us about it in the virtual world than actually do something to move it forward in the real world, can't you tell?

Tabla_Man

There was a huge negative backlash after the 1995 govt shutdown, because the media was still in control of the viewing public. That paradigm is no longer true, and despite the media trying to blame this on Trump, the fact is, most people don't care about the shutdown. They don't care that this is the longest shutdown ever. The media is screaming their heads off, but the fact is people aren't listening. Maybe the Dems should stop trying to play this as a political game and get serious and sit down and have real negotiations.

DJGoody

She'd rather argue with us about it in the virtual world than actually do something to move it forward in the real world, can't you tell?

Yes, I completely agree. I knew it was more rhetorical when I wrote it.

I see the Democrats turned down an offer from President Trump for a deal making lunch. Who are the obstructionists, again?

Dean Adam Smithee

As has been pointed out, the will get paid. Even the people furloughed and not working will get paid for the time they weren't working. I was when I was furloughed.

That being said, have you noticed that the there are a ton of jobs out there? If they don't want the inconveniences that come from working in government service, no one is stopping them from finding another job.

I have an idea...how about the Democrats fund border security like they have been saying for decades they want to do instead of playing political football with it. If I were furloughed, I would be pretty pissed off at those asshats like Pelosi who are on film calling for stronger border security, including barriers. This is a Dem. Congress Shutdown!!!

:yeahthat:

Dean Adam Smithee

Ask ANY financial advisor, not just me. Assume "no paycheck", any given person should be able to weather it 3-6 months.

Someone can't? because they're up to their eyeballs in debt? No Es Mi Problema, Signora.

Buckwheat Jones

Were pawns every time the government spends our money on stupid programs, so if you’re going to use that line of thinking, the first party to ever threaten shutdown on anything has a hecklers veto and an uncrossable red line.

Ladybird

Ask ANY financial advisor, not just me. Assume "no paycheck", any given person should be able to weather it 3-6 months.

Someone can't? because they're up to their eyeballs in debt? No Es Mi Problema, Signora.

If it’s air traffic controllers that are required to work without pay, then it is everyone’s problem if they are inattentive after working a second job.

Edited by Ladybird

MontyPython

If it’s air traffic controllers that are required to work without pay, then it is everyone’s problem if they are inattentive after working second job.

Then once again - Raise hell with those directly responsible for the problem: Congressional Democrats.

B)

Ladybird

Then once again - Raise hell with those directly responsible for the problem: Congressional Democrats.

B)

The president has the power to reopen the goverment and still fight for his wall.

zurg

The president has the power to reopen the goverment and still fight for his wall.

He does not. If he folds, the wall ain’t happening. Pelosi and Schumer will make sure of that.

JerryL

You are partisan but you aren’t stupid. That statement is stupid.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

If they've caught several hundred, how many do you suppose haven't been caught? Or are you really as stupid as you come across?

2r8285.jpg

When a person’s arguments descend into name calling and personal attacks, it’s clear they have nothing worthwhile to say. Tell you what, since this is all you have been able manage for the past few months, I will put you on ignore from here on out.

Capiche?

:crybaby2: :violin: