To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Gertie Keddle

I'm a Senior Trump Official and I Hope a Long Shutdown Smokes Out

Rate this topic

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

I feel the government should find a solution without using workers as pawns. The longer this goes on, the more it will become everyone’s problem.

Blame your own party for it.

It's all their fault.

Junto

Trump's shutdown trap?

Trump's shutdown trap?

By Thomas Lifson

January 15, 2019

(excerpt)

Has President Trump suckered Democrats and the Deep State into a trap that will enable a radical downsizing of the federal bureaucracy? In only five more days of the already "longest government shutdown in history" (25 days and counting, as of today), a heretofore obscure threshold will be reached, enabling permanent layoffs of bureaucrats furloughed 30 days or more.

Don't believe me that federal bureaucrats can be laid off? Well, in bureaucratese, a layoff is called a RIF – a Reduction in Force – and of course, it comes with a slew of civil service protections. But, if the guidelines are followed, bureaucrats can be laid off – as in no more job. It is all explained by Michael Roberts here (updated after the beginning of the partial shutdown):

A reduction in force is a thoughtful and systematic elimination of positions. For all practical purposes, a government RIF is the same thing as a layoff. ...

Organizations must stick to predetermined criteria when sorting out what happens to each employee. They must communicate with employees how and why decisions are made. ...

In deciding who stays and who goes, federal agencies must take four factors into account:

1. Tenure

2. Veteran status

3. Total federal civilian and military service

4. Performance

Agencies cannot use RIF procedures to fire bad employees.

A lot of procedures must be followed, and merit ("performance") is the last consideration, but based on the criteria above, employees already furloughed can be laid off ("RIFed") once they have been furloughed for 30 days or 22 work days:

When agencies furlough employees for more than 30 calendar days or 22 discontinuous work days, they must use RIF procedures.

An employee can be terminated or moved into an available position[.]

This seems to be what was referenced in this remarkable essay written by an "unidentified senior Trump official" published in the Daily Caller, which vouches for the authenticity of the author and explains that it is protecting him from adverse career consequences should the name become known. I strongly recommend reading the whole thing.

-----

If it’s air traffic controllers that are required to work without pay, then it is everyone’s problem if they are inattentive after working a second job.

From what big bucks that they make and they didn't ever save up any money to have as a safety cushion, then shame on them all.

In fact, <censored> them and all of the rest too!

I have always saved up a safety cushion since I was a teenager working full time since I was a Junior in high school. If I can do it, then so can anyone else if they tried.

But no, most who live from paycheck to paycheck buy a lot of crap and services that they do not need and I have seen many evicted and their homes taken by the banks because they refused to do without premium cable TV, always buying the newest i-phone, eating out every day and always buying other new crap that they do not need and cannot afford.

I have always tried to keep a year's pay saved up so there is no way that I would be hurting if I ever lost my job. I learned that lesson at an early age. SO long as I can help it, I will NEVER be one paycheck away from being out in the street. EVER.

Again, anyone can do this if they ever had any self control and tried.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger

The president has the power to reopen the goverment and still fight for his wall.

So does your side.

But you just love to pick and choose oh obtuse one?

You are partisan but you aren’t stupid. That statement is stupid.

No, she's stupid alright.

zurg

<ETA: meant in response to Junto’s article>

Interesting.

If Trump has the balls to pull this off, he’ll 1) be re-elected in a landslide and 2) will REALLY be able to tell all those swamp creatures: you’re fired!

Time for these folks to look for jobs in the private sector, maybe? Learn a thing or two they may?

Edited by zurg

Interesting.

If Trump has the balls to pull this off, he’ll 1) be re-elected in a landslide and 2) will REALLY be able to tell all those swamp creatures: you’re fired!

Time for these folks to look for jobs in the private sector, maybe? Learn a thing or two they may?

I can say for a fact that most government based workers are amongst the laziest and most worthless of all.

I know because I work around them everyday.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger

MontyPython

The president has the power to reopen the goverment and still fight for his wall.

You know better than that.

:rolleyes:

gravelrash

Eliminating federal bloat through reduction in force. Has there ever been a higher level of trolling? Freaking brilliant!

Magic Rat

More phony 'compassion'. It would be interesting to see the financial institution that would, in this climate, not to allow an extension at no cost. Good luck finding one that won't waive a late fee. As soon as one does, you can bet your balls CNN, MSNBC and every other media doomsayer would be all over them like white on rice. They'd blame Trump of course, but the bank would get bad ink too.

It won't happen and there isn't a lefty in the country who truly gives a damn anyway. The only time they protest any government costs, is in a attempt to score political points. My hope least 30% of these Federal employees get mad, quit and these positions absorbed. There is absolutely no reason for the fed to have 800,000 employees.

usapatriot

Laid off is not the same thing as working with no pay. The essential workers, like TSA screeners and air traffic controllers are working without pay and are not eligible for unemployment, as far as I know. Even if they are, unemployment pay sucks. Belive me I know.

This situation is not of their making.

Oh come on! Every one of these federal employees are going to eventually get paid for doing absolutely nothing. That doesn't happen in the real (non-government) world. Granted, some are working without pay, but they will get paid. Those who don't have any savings (hope this will be a lesson to them to always have an emergency fund of at least six months of expenses) will have to put their expenses on a credit card, borrow from family or dip into retirement savings. They've only missed one check so far and if they can't handle that, good grief, then they really needed this wake up call to get their finances in order. As Dave Ramsey says, "your problem isn't how much you make, it is how much you spend."

Also, federal employees like those in the Coast Guard most definitely earn their pay, but as the article states, most of them are dead weight.

usapatriot

Eliminating federal bloat through reduction in force. Has there ever been a higher level of trolling? Freaking brilliant!

There is no doubt that the Trump team authorized this "leak". It is used to scare the Dumbocraps to blink and provide the $5.7 billion Trump needs to build the wall. My hope is that the Dumbocraps don't blink because, like Reagan, they don't believe Trump will do it. Then, I really to hope Trump actually starts the RIF process on day 31. If he does (which unfortunately I have my doubts), he will probably start with a very low number, say 1,000. Then, if the Dumbocraps don't blink, the following week, Trump will RIF another 5,000 and then continuing the RIF process with even more each week until the Dumbocraps do blink. It would be awesome to see this since once the RIF process starts, it's hard to reverse it (unless it is written into the new law that the Dumbocraps include when they give Trump the $5.7 billion). With 90%+ federal employees voting Dumbocrap, Trump doesn't have anything to lose, but the Dumbocraps sure do! Citizens and business throughout the U.S. would be dancing in the streets if around 400,000 of these useless bureaucrats who only cause red tape and interfere in people's lives for no good reason were RIF'd.

grimreefer

I guess saving for a rainy day does have its merits. Do you think these gov't workers are living paycheck to paycheck with no savings whatsoever? If so, I feel even LESS sorry for them. YMMV

Ask ANY financial advisor, not just me. Assume "no paycheck", any given person should be able to weather it 3-6 months.

Someone can't? because they're up to their eyeballs in debt? No Es Mi Problema, Signora.

:yeahthat: & :yeahthat:

Taggart Transcontinental

So they should quit. Who will our government get to replace them if the position won't pay until the impasse is over?

The point is most of those non-essential positions are not needed. Thus the term NON-ESSENTIAL.

When a person's arguments descend into name calling and personal attacks, it's clear they have nothing worthwhile to say. Tell you what, since this is all you have been able manage for the past few months, I will put you on ignore from here on out.

Capiche?

OH NOSSSS The dreaded ignore!

Taggart Transcontinental

I feel the government should find a solution without using workers as pawns. The longer this goes on, the more it will become everyone's problem.

So when Obama shut the government down was he using the workers as a pawn? What about his actions to block off access to various places and giving guidance to employees to make the shutdown as "painful as possible"? Who's the real pawns here? It's not the workers, it is the taxpayers.

Taggart Transcontinental

If it's air traffic controllers that are required to work without pay, then it is everyone's problem if they are inattentive after working a second job.

Funny the ATC system where I fly is doing just fine. All controllers working and managing the aircraft. Nothing negative in the impact here. And before you ask since you will more than likely imply I don't fly alot, I have flown 38 hours in the last 15 days, with 5 days down due to weather. So 3.8 hours on average in 10 flyable days.

Taggart Transcontinental

No he does not, that's what happened for the past 2 years, fighting and being ignored with one CR after another. Remember Paul Ryan guaranteed "regular order" that means passing a damn budget and getting it through the process not idiot continuing resolutions one after another. Pass an ACTUAL budget.

Taggart Transcontinental

Trump's shutdown trap?

Trump's shutdown trap?

By Thomas Lifson

January 15, 2019

(excerpt)

Has President Trump suckered Democrats and the Deep State into a trap that will enable a radical downsizing of the federal bureaucracy? In only five more days of the already "longest government shutdown in history" (25 days and counting, as of today), a heretofore obscure threshold will be reached, enabling permanent layoffs of bureaucrats furloughed 30 days or more.

Don't believe me that federal bureaucrats can be laid off? Well, in bureaucratese, a layoff is called a RIF – a Reduction in Force – and of course, it comes with a slew of civil service protections. But, if the guidelines are followed, bureaucrats can be laid off – as in no more job. It is all explained by Michael Roberts here (updated after the beginning of the partial shutdown):

A reduction in force is a thoughtful and systematic elimination of positions. For all practical purposes, a government RIF is the same thing as a layoff. ...

Organizations must stick to predetermined criteria when sorting out what happens to each employee. They must communicate with employees how and why decisions are made. ...

In deciding who stays and who goes, federal agencies must take four factors into account:

1. Tenure

2. Veteran status

3. Total federal civilian and military service

4. Performance

Agencies cannot use RIF procedures to fire bad employees.

A lot of procedures must be followed, and merit ("performance") is the last consideration, but based on the criteria above, employees already furloughed can be laid off ("RIFed") once they have been furloughed for 30 days or 22 work days:

When agencies furlough employees for more than 30 calendar days or 22 discontinuous work days, they must use RIF procedures.

An employee can be terminated or moved into an available position[.]

This seems to be what was referenced in this remarkable essay written by an "unidentified senior Trump official" published in the Daily Caller, which vouches for the authenticity of the author and explains that it is protecting him from adverse career consequences should the name become known. I strongly recommend reading the whole thing.

-----

Wow~ wouldn't that be an amazing feat!

Ticked@TinselTown

Wow~ wouldn't that be an amazing feat!

A POTUS striving to save the American people their tax dollars but cutting fat from the system...

Now that's a rare turn of events.

Plus, with that surplus of tax revenue NOT being wasted on people who don't do jack, the people who DO do the work can get raises and there will STILL be money left over to go where it should go, like repaying the SS system that chunk that the Ovomit Administration 'borrowed' and has yet to pay back.

MTP Reggie
You are partisan but you aren't stupid. That statement is stupid.

Jerry - Your two statements contradict each other.

RedSoloCup

I can say for a fact that most government based workers are amongst the laziest and most worthless of all.

I know because I work around them everyday.

Overpaid and underworked.

I hope this SchumerShutdown lasts for a good while.

From what big bucks that they make and they didn't ever save up any money to have as a safety cushion, then shame on them all.

In fact, <censored> them and all of the rest too!

I have always saved up a safety cushion since I was a teenager working full time since I was a Junior in high school. If I can do it, then so can anyone else if they tried.

But no, most who live from paycheck to paycheck buy a lot of crap and services that they do not need and I have seen many evicted and their homes taken by the banks because they refused to do without premium cable TV, always buying the newest i-phone, eating out every day and always buying other new crap that they do not need and cannot afford.

I have always tried to keep a year's pay saved up so there is no way that I would be hurting if I ever lost my job. I learned that lesson at an early age. SO long as I can help it, I will NEVER be one paycheck away from being out in the street. EVER.

Again, anyone can do this if they ever had any self control and tried.

:clap:

JerryL

Jerry - Your two statements contradict each other.

I think that she knows that there is no negotiating in good faith with Democrats. She is old enough to remember them screwing Reagan on the amnesty deal in exchange for spending cuts that...surprise, surprise...never came. She is definitely old enough to remember Obama and horde completely freezing out Republicans on healthcare reform.

I also don't believe that all Democrats are stupid. I think that many of them simply have their pet special interest...gay marriage, abortion, the current gender circus nonsense, anti-Israel, pro-Palestinian, punishing the rich, climate change, whatever...that the Dems pander to for their loyalty. Their pet special interest is so important to them that they put up with the rest of the Democrat crap so that they don't lose their "thing." The Democrat party, since it is amoral and has no principle other than power, is more than happy to oblige and pander to any and every fringe and minority out there.

MTP Reggie
I think that she knows that there is no negotiating in good faith with Democrats.

If so, she is the worst kind of person, because she KNOWS she's a hypocrite; she's not just one out of stupidity (the jury is still out).

JerryL

If so, she is the worst kind of person, because she KNOWS she's a hypocrite; she's not just one out of stupidity (the jury is still out).

All Democrats are hypocrites. It's the price of admission. It makes you dishonest, not necessarily stupid.

JMO.

usapatriot

All Democrats are hypocrites. It's the price of admission. It makes you dishonest, not necessarily stupid.

JMO.

Actually, if a Dumbocrap is talking, they're lying.

Mrdirt73

A few bad apples mean they’re all worthless?

Apparently only when describing gun owners.