To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Dem Co-Sponsor Of Late-Term Abortion Bill Apologizes, Says She Did Not

Rate this topic

Liz

Dem Co-Sponsor Of Late-Term Abortion Bill Apologizes, Says She Did Not Read The Text

Fox News

By Alex Pappas

31 January 2019

Excerpt:

A Democratic co-sponsor of a controversial Virginia bill that would repeal restrictions on third-trimester abortions is apologizing to her constituents for supporting the legislation, saying she didn’t read the bill or know how far it went.

The backpedal comes as Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam is defending himself amid fierce criticism that he suggested a child could be killed after birth in remarks a day earlier about the same legislation. And Virginia Democratic Del. Kathy Tran, the primary sponsor, released a video Thursday standing by the bill.

But in an email to her constituents on Wednesday, Del. Dawn Adams of Richmond said she didn’t fully understand the bill when she signed on to it as a co-sponsor.

“By now you have heard about the abortion bill, or seen the video,” Adams said in the email. “I vaguely remember signing on to this, and I did this in solidarity with my colleague and as a symbolic gesture for a woman’s right to choose.”

Adams said she didn’t know what was in the legislation before adding her name to it. “I did not read a bill I agreed to co-patron and that wasn’t smart or typical. I will work harder and be better for it.”

She added: “I am sorry that I did not exercise due diligence before this explosion of attention; had I done so, I would not have co-patroned.” Adams said she thought it only reversed “onerous” abortion regulations implemented by Republicans in 2012, and didn’t realize it “sought to do much more.”

The email was first reported by the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

*snip*

Full Story

tailgunner

BS!

Ticked@TinselTown

Is this yet another case of Democrats crowing that you have to sign the bill before you get to know what's in it???

ETA:

She added: “I am sorry that I did not exercise due diligence before this explosion of attention; had I done so, I would not have co-patroned.” Adams said she thought it only reversed “onerous” abortion regulations implemented by Republicans in 2012, and didn’t realize it “sought to do much more.”

Translation: I didn't cover my ass before this piece of legislation hit the fan.

Edited by Ticked@TinselTown

Ben Cranklin

Good thing such a lazy, innattentive slacker doesn’t have a job that impacts people’s lives...

Ticked@TinselTown

Good thing such a lazy, innattentive slacker doesn’t have a job that impacts people’s lives...

yeah, it's only those onerous Republicans... :whistling:

Severian

This, in a microcosm, is what's wrong with just about all legislative bodies, up to and especially including Congress.

NH Populist

This, in a microcosm, is what's wrong with just about all legislative bodies, up to and especially including Congress.

And in Congress's case, it'll be some Lobbyist pushing a piece of legislation OUR representatives just sign without reading...

Tea Party Hooligan

Didn't read the text? I guess that makes you either incompetent or ignorant, or both. Just another day at the office for a politician.

What I really think is that she's lying. She wanted to get some love poured on her by the left and thought this would be an excellent way of doing so.

"pro-choice" advocates have finally lifted the vail off their true agenda.

RedSoloCup

Bumb ditch.

Buckwheat Jones

Well you have to pass it so you can find out what’s in it.

WillieChuck

Blindly follow the Democrat Agenda. "As a show of solidarity" blah blah blah.... Translation: I just vote the way I'm told to vote by the Dem Establishment so I don't have to actually read the bills I'm voting for since someone has already done that for me and has told me how I'm supposed to vote.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

:bs:

She's lying.

She's only now claiming ignorance because of the huge backlash for her vote.

gravelrash
“By now you have heard about the abortion bill, or seen the video,” Adams said in the email. “I vaguely remember signing on to this, and I did this in solidarity with my colleague and as a symbolic gesture for a woman’s right to choose.”

Now I have Pink Floyd's Money stuck in my head: "I don't know, I was really drunk at the time". And how much money did the Delegate receive for her support?

Adams said she didn’t know what was in the legislation before adding her name to it. “I did not read a bill I agreed to co-patron and that wasn’t smart or typical. I will work harder and be better for it.”

Correct, it wasn't smart. Ms. Adams should be given every opportunity to work harder and be better someplace else. Nathan Phillips would (if he was an honorable, decent person) describe her apology as: "Coached and written up. Insincerity, lack of responsibility".

zurg

Translation: I just vote the way I'm told to vote

Change the word ‘vote’ to ‘write’ and you can apply that exact same statement to mindless_leftists here Too.

Hieronymous

BS!

She didn't read the bill but sponsored it anyway. Hope her constituents remember that little bit of incompetence next election cycle, because her opponent sure will.

RedSoloCup

She didn't read the bill but sponsored it anyway. Hope her constituents remember that little bit of incompetence next election cycle, because her opponent sure will.

Oh, yes.