To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Coach

A Great Super Bowl

Rate this topic

Coach

As a lover of the Great Game of American Football I said a special prayer of thanks last night for being able to watch yesterday's game. On every snap 11 individual battles erupted, some brutal in the trenches and true grace on the perimeter. It was a game of power and technical skills. I was especially hyped up on the running touchdown with the fullback's crunch block on the linebacker. That is pure root hog and a thing of beauty.

Strategically Belechik had a game plan to keep the Rams offense off the field even if the Patriots were not scoring a lot of points. That takes great patience and discipline. In the end they found the right play and players to go for the kill and they executed it.

Hell of a game.

Hieronymous

As a lover of the Great Game of American Football I said a special prayer of thanks last night for being able to watch yesterday's game. On every snap 11 individual battles erupted, some brutal in the trenches and true grace on the perimeter. It was a game of power and technical skills. I was especially hyped up on the running touchdown with the fullback's crunch block on the linebacker. That is pure root hog and a thing of beauty.

Strategically Belechik had a game plan to keep the Rams offense off the field even if the Patriots were not scoring a lot of points. That takes great patience and discipline. In the end they found the right play and players to go for the kill and they executed it.

Hell of a game.

Fans of defense loved this game. It was extremely physical, and Wade Phillips proved he is still one of the best DCs in the business. But all defenses wear down if their offense can't make plays.

New England threw zone at Goff and mostly rushed 4, but he never knew which 4. That's Belichick. So not a lot of fireworks, neither offense looked good, but in an era of offense everything in football, defense and ball control made a comeback...for one game anyway.

NH Populist

Agreed! I'm no expert, but the Rams' defense spent so much time on the field, by the time the 4th quarter rolled around they were toast. Both defenses played a helluva game, probably NE's best of the year. I got a kick out of Tony Romo when the Rams' punter kicked the longest punt in Super Bowl history, said it was "The highlight of the game"! Yeah right! Lol

Mrdirt73

I really enjoyed it as well. Nice to read that I'm not alone on that.

Hieronymous

Agreed! I'm no expert, but the Rams' defense spent so much time on the field, by the time the 4th quarter rolled around they were toast. Both defenses played a helluva game, probably NE's best of the year. I got a kick out of Tony Romo when the Rams' punter kicked the longest punt in Super Bowl history, said it was "The highlight of the game"! Yeah right! Lol

And the punter did not get a good foot on that kick, but it had a good bounce and plenty of roll. Liked that stat they gave about New England having never scored a touchdown in the opening quarter of a Super Bowl, yet they still have 6 titles.

Trivia question for everyone but firecoco. Who scored New England's first ever touchdown in a Super Bowl?

Taggart Transcontinental

I didn't watch it, and haven't watched more than 3 games all year. Those were in various restaurants while waiting for food. Been a big nothing burger of a season for me. If they want to wrap the noose of social justice around their neck then let them jump off that stool and be done with it.

Hieronymous

I didn't watch it, and haven't watched more than 3 games all year. Those were in various restaurants while waiting for food. Been a big nothing burger of a season for me. If they want to wrap the noose of social justice around their neck then let them jump off that stool and be done with it.

Plus, no ad for the new Godzilla movie, which, like the original, is a Toho production. Just take my money.

firecoco

And the punter did not get a good foot on that kick, but it had a good bounce and plenty of roll. Liked that stat they gave about New England having never scored a touchdown in the opening quarter of a Super Bowl, yet they still have 6 titles.

Trivia question for everyone but firecoco. Who scored New England's first ever touchdown in a Super Bowl?

Why don’t I get to play?

Here’s something....In the last 3 Super Bowls the Patriots have won they owned the 4th quarter

Against Seattle...Against Atlanta And last night against the Rams

Ben Cranklin

First ever touchdown:

Irving Fryer? I was going to college in Boston that year they lost to the Bears.

Edited by Ben Cranklin

Ben Cranklin

Dupe.

Edited by Ben Cranklin

firecoco

First ever touchdown:

Irving Fryer? I was going to college in Boston that year they lost to the Bears.

Ding...Ding...Ding

firecoco

I’m going to have to update my avatar....But I might wait until after next year

Ben Cranklin

Ding...Ding...Ding

I remember them scoring a field goal right at the start of the game, too, but otherwise it was pretty miserable for them that time.

firecoco

I remember them scoring a field goal right at the start of the game, too, but otherwise it was pretty miserable for them that time.

They got slaughtered....I remember Chicago fans getting really pissed that Ditka let Perry run a TD in instead of Walter Payton....They’re still pissed about that

Ben Cranklin

They got slaughtered....I remember Chicago fans getting really pissed that Ditka let Perry run a TD in instead of Walter Payton....They’re still pissed about that

I remember some old guy who worked on a music channel called V66 who kept bellowing on air that the Patriots were going to “Berry the Bears!” (Berry, get it?)

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

I didn't watch the super bowl.

I just can't get into it anymore with all of the political SJW activist crap with the NFL.

BUT... I'm glad that the Patriots won because they are pro-Trumpers and THAT REALLY PISSES OFF THE PROGTARDS! :D

What a bonus! :biglaugh:

firecoco

I just can't get into it anymore with all of the political SJW activist crap with the NFL.

BUT... I'm glad that the Patriots won because they are pro-Trumpers and THAT REALLY PISSES OFF THE PROGTARDS! :D

Both are winners

Hieronymous

Why don’t I get to play?

Here’s something....In the last 3 Super Bowls the Patriots have won they owned the 4th quarter

Against Seattle...Against Atlanta And last night against the Rams

Ok you can play

They should be.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Triggered Libs Call Patriots Super Bowl Win A Victory for ‘White Supremacy’

Left hates NFL team simply because President pals with Tom Brady

:D

LongKnife

I thought the highlight of the whole thing was Gladys Knight.

NH Populist

I thought the highlight of the whole thing was Gladys Knight.

She's from a time when singers used to just sing. Today's musicians strip to get your attention, (example: halftime show) real talent doesn't have to, as witnessed by the country's reaction to her rendition of the National Anthem.

Football highlight? Gronk's catch on the Rams' 2 yard line. :cheer: