CNN’s Lemon Warns Gladys Knight: Anthem Could Hurt Your Career

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

CNN's Lemon Warns Gladys Knight: Anthem Could Hurt Your Career

https://www.newsbusters.org

Randy Hall

February 4, 2019

Article:

Before music legend Gladys Knight sang the national anthem at Super Bowl LIII on Sunday evening, Don Lemon -- host of the weeknight CNN Tonight program -- told her that another performer "basically lost her career" for singing at President Trump's inauguration in January of 2017 and asked whether she was running the same risk.

Knight replied that "nothing good comes easy" and asked that listeners remember the "many people" in the country -- and her family -- who have died or are still standing for America. "We have fought hard for a long time, and not just in wars," she stated.

Lemon began the segment by noting: "A number of artists have reportedly declined invitations to sing at the Super Bowl this year" in Atlanta.

He then played a clip of Mark Geragos, the attorney for former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who said that anyone who performs at this year's game would take "a lot of heat, and I think rightfully so.

Geragos added: "The idea that you're going to basically cross a picket line because that's what they're doing, crossing an intellectual picket line.

"They are saying to themselves: 'I care more about my career than I do about whether what I'm doing is right,'" he continued. "That's taking the short money, so to speak."

Knight, who is also known as the "Empress of Soul," responded: "People are going to have their opinions, you know, about whatever."

Full Story

Bookdoc

Lemon (an oddly appropriate name) working for a badly failing network, threatens a legend's career. Is this how low the commie news network is going to go? Heck, Russia Today is more accurate! My applause for Ms. Knight-it was a beautiful, meaningful rendition. (Got some dust in my eye...) :clap:

LeansToTheRight

Gladys Knight could take jobs at the cruddiest run-down bars for the rest of her remaining days and it will do NOTHING to lessen her already very stellar career. Gladys Knight is a freaking LEGEND and at age 70-whatever, she doesn't need to worry about decisions that may or may not reflect on her "career". It goes without saying, but Don Lemon is an idiot.

Ticked@TinselTown

Gotta tell ya, I was waiting for this. She did a phenomenal job with the NA and I knew, KNEW that some asswipe would come at her for performing.

The bigots are everywhere and yet they don't seem to realize who they are.

AnnieGotHerGun

Gladys Knight could take jobs at the cruddiest run-down bars for the rest of her remaining days and it will do NOTHING to lessen her already very stellar career. Gladys Knight is a freaking LEGEND and at age 70-whatever, she doesn't need to worry about decisions that may or may not reflect on her "career". It goes without saying, but Don Lemon is an idiot.

He was also very disrespectful to her in questioning her choice to perform. She's proven herself to be a stellar artist and performer, she doesn't need his approval. And from what I hear (did not watch much of the game), there are nothing but good reviews for her performance, from both sides.

grimreefer

:blink:

:rofl: :rofl: :blink: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

oki

I think he is just jealous in the fact that a 70 some year old woman is not only more of a man then him, but even years after retiring comes out for one performance and gets a better rating then he ever has. Must be race thing, oh that's right, people don't give a damn about that any more and WE see her as a living legend and feel blessed to hear her sing.

Oki

MontyPython

Poor Don Lemon. It can't be pleasant to be that stupid.

:comfort:

NH Populist

You can call out Lemon for his stupidity, but it's really the network that's pushing this negative shidt. Wake up CNN viewers, you're being played...

RedSoloCup

Lemon the Loser is one to be talking.

RedSoloCup

Lemon (an oddly appropriate name) working for a badly failing network, threatens a legend's career. Is this how low the commie news network is going to go? Heck, Russia Today is more accurate! My applause for Ms. Knight-it was a beautiful, meaningful rendition. (Got some dust in my eye...) :clap:

:exactly:

Lemon the Loser should do something productive, like walk out in front of a bus.

mjperry51

Poor Don Lemon. It can't be pleasant to be that stupid.

:comfort:

Yeah -- but being that stupid he doesn't realize it. . .

Taggart Transcontinental

You would think this moron was born in another country the way he thinks. Time these fools left our nation for their utopia.

gravelrash
He then played a clip of Mark Geragos, the attorney for former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who said that anyone who performs at this year's game would take "a lot of heat, and I think rightfully so.

Well, Mark, unlike your client, Ms. Knight is good enough to perform in the NFL.

ETA: GFY, Don.

Edited by gravelrash

MontyPython

Yeah -- but being that stupid he doesn't realize it. . .

Good point.

:coolshades:

satellite66

CNN Don Lemon warns Gladys Knight her career could be damaged by singing NA

I'm fairly certain that democrats segregation and opposition to voting rights was far more harmful to her in the 50s and 60s than singing the NA at a sporting event in 2019

Instead of warning her Lemon should be thanking her and so many others who came before him for enduring and resisting democrat party racism

zurg

You can call out Lemon for his stupidity, but it's really the network that's pushing this negative shidt. Wake up CNN viewers, you're being played...

Herein lies the problem, the dilemma, and the incredible apparent truth: the viewers believe CNN and prefer to be told what to think rather than looking for truth themselves.

Half of America are lazy, stupid, and by definition - below average.

Bookdoc

Herein lies the problem, the dilemma, and the incredible apparent truth: the viewers believe CNN and prefer to be told what to think rather than looking for truth themselves.

Half of America are lazy, stupid, and by definition - below average.

Half of America doesn't watch cnn-if they did, their ratings wouldn't be in the basement. The ones that do watch it are too ignorant to understand reality anyway.

Wag-a-Muffin (D)

Gladys Knight is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. (Mormon) So in Lemmon's eye's she's already wrecked her career.

zurg

Half of America doesn't watch cnn-if they did, their ratings wouldn't be in the basement. The ones that do watch it are too ignorant to understand reality anyway.

Of course they don’t have that audience, but using sampling and/or polling theory, CNN audience is a sample of the below average half.

USMCforever60

https://www.newsbusters.org

Randy Hall

February 4, 2019

Article:

Before music legend Gladys Knight sang the national anthem at Super Bowl LIII on Sunday evening, Don Lemon -- host of the weeknight CNN Tonight program -- told her that another performer "basically lost her career" for singing at President Trump's inauguration in January of 2017 and asked whether she was running the same risk.

Knight replied that "nothing good comes easy" and asked that listeners remember the "many people" in the country -- and her family -- who have died or are still standing for America. "We have fought hard for a long time, and not just in wars," she stated.

Lemon began the segment by noting: "A number of artists have reportedly declined invitations to sing at the Super Bowl this year" in Atlanta.

Geragos added: "The idea that you're going to basically cross a picket line because that's what they're doing, crossing an intellectual picket line.

"They are saying to themselves: 'I care more about my career than I do about whether what I'm doing is right,'" he continued. "That's taking the short money, so to speak."

Knight, who is also known as the "Empress of Soul," responded: "People are going to have their opinions, you know, about whatever."

Full Story

who is this double douche bag and what network is he employed by? :sarcasm:

zurg

Hey Lemon, saying stupid <censored> on air could hurt your career...opps too late.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

There's nothing quite as pathetic as a total loser like Lemon giving advice to someone who has had a very long successful career as Gladys Knight.

He isn't even fit to wash her underwear.

Alexis

I'd be interested in knowing who this other performer was who wrecked their career.