To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Petition Surfaces Following House GOP's Calls For Ilhan Omar To Be

Rate this topic

Liz

Petition Surfaces Following House GOP's Calls For Ilhan Omar To Be Removed From Committee Assignment

Townhall

Beth Baumann

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 8:30 PM

Excerpt:

House Republicans, as well as average Americans, want to see Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) stripped of her position on the House Foreign Affairs Committee. The calls for her removal come after Omar made statements alleging lobbying group American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) of buying support for Israel.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi condemned Omar's comments but said nothing about her being removed from the Committee:

In our conversation today, Congresswoman Omar and I agreed that we must use this moment to move forward as we reject anti-Semitism in all forms. https://t.co/UpZA3DNgQs pic.twitter.com/1Z6rH65e3M

— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) February 11, 2019

House Republicans continued to push for Omar's removal.

House Democrat leaders should condemn this anti-Semitism and immediately remove ?@IlhanMN? from the House Foreign Affairs Committee pic.twitter.com/IYAoXEGtld

— Liz Cheney (@Liz_Cheney) February 11, 2019

Good that some Dems have condemned the disgraceful anti-Semitic remarks of Rep. Omar—but their words are empty unless Dem leaders remove her from the Foreign Affairs Committee. No one with her anti-Semitic views should be allowed to represent US foreign policy on that committee.

— Steve Scalise (@SteveScalise) February 11, 2019

*snip*

Rep. Elliot Engel, the Committee Chair, released a statement but failed to address whether or not Omar was staying on the Committee.

“As I have said, as Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee, I will ensure support for Israel remains strong and bipartisan and I will shine a light on the evil of anti-Semitism and the danger it poses,” Engel said. “I will make the case to Members on both side of the aisle that our alliance and friendship with Israel are important to our countries’ shared interests, security, and values.”

A Change.org petition was started by Jacob Wohl, demanding Omar be removed.

Here's what the petition says:

*snip*

Full Article

USMCforever60

Nothing will happen, she will get a slap/scolding from Nancy satchel mouth and that is all.

MontyPython

1 - Remove her from the committee.

2 - Remove her from congress.

3 - Remove her from the country.

<_<

Ladybird

The GOP ignored Steve Kings bigotry for years and now they’re demanding someone else’s head? Pelosi should tell them and the bigot in chief, who is calling for her to resign, to sit and spin.

It’s good Ilhan apologized though. She should stay away from responding on twitter.

MontyPython

The GOP ignored Steve Kings bigotry for years and now they’re demanding someone else’s head?

So two wrongs make a right? If King "got away" with something, so should Ilhan Omar?

Pelosi should tell them and the bigot in chief, who is calling for her to resign, to sit and spin.

Pelosi should learn to love her country more than she hates its duly-elected president. And as long as you keep perpetrating the lie that he's a "bigot", you will never have anything resembling credibility.

<_<

RibeyeSteak

And as long as you keep perpetrating the lie that he's a "bigot", you will never have anything resembling credibility.

<_<

Exactly. Stuck on stupid is getting tiresome to watch.

Edited by RibeyeSteak

zurg

The GOP ignored Steve Kings bigotry for years and now they’re demanding someone else’s head? Pelosi should tell them and the bigot in chief, who is calling for her to resign, to sit and spin.

It’s good Ilhan apologized though. She should stay away from responding on twitter.

Let’s translate:

1. Trump bad. The worst. Because I hate him.

2. GOP has bigots too, I have at least one example.

3. Ilhan (we’re on first name basis, you see) was smart and apologized, to get white people and Christian and Jews off her back. Well done. Now, keep going.

LongKnife

Wasn't King stripped of his committee seats?

Good job sticking up for someone voicing open opposition to one of our staunchest allies. Real nice.

firecoco

IMG-0150.jpg

MTP Reggie

The GOP ignored Steve Kings bigotry for years and now they're demanding someone else's head? Pelosi should tell them and the bigot in chief, who is calling for her to resign, to sit and spin.

It's good Ilhan apologized though. She should stay away from responding on twitter.

But... but... but... TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMP!!!!

You are a disgusting person.

Ticked@TinselTown

:biglaugh:

Apologized?

:biglaugh:

USNRETWIFE

dry.gif

1- yes2-yes Yes3-YES YES YES

That is why I hit ignore. Same ole, same ole. Tedious.

Ladybird

Wasn't King stripped of his committee seats?

Good job sticking up for someone voicing open opposition to one of our staunchest allies. Real nice.

After years and years of ignoring Kings bigotry and coziness with neo Nazi's, the GOP was forced to remove him from committees after he stated out right that 'white supremacy' is something he is quite comfortable with. This woman says something that an air of anti-Israel sentiment and it's "oh gosh we're so outraged!", Remove her!

effin hypocrites.

Edited by Ladybird

Ladybird

So two wrongs make a right? If King "got away" with something, so should Ilhan Omar?

Pelosi should learn to love her country more than she hates its duly-elected president. And as long as you keep perpetrating the lie that he's a "bigot", you will never have anything resembling credibility.

<_<

Translation: It's fine to besmirch and tell outright lies about Hispanics and Muslims. We won't call anyone out on that, at least if he's our beloved Trump.

JerryL

Translation: It's fine to besmirch and tell outright lies about Hispanics and Muslims. We won't call anyone out on that, at least if he's our beloved Trump.

You need a new translator. I agree with you on the "thousands dancing after 9/11" comment.

The rest of your examples of so-called "bigotry" are simply because you take exception to the way he said something. Your butt-hurt does not bigotry make.

Are you denying that Ilhan Omar is a bigot?

Ticked@TinselTown

You need a new translator. I agree with you on the "thousands dancing after 9/11" comment.

The rest of your examples of so-called "bigotry" are simply because you take exception to the way he said something. Your butt-hurt does not bigotry make.

Of course she does.

She never admits to anything because being a resident of Obtunisia means that she never has to admit to anything as long as she can spin and dance away from the truth.

RedSoloCup

:crybaby2:

No, no she isn't.

Of course she does.

She never admits to anything because being a resident of Obtunisia means that she never has to admit to anything as long as she can spin and dance away from the truth.

:exactly:

IMG-0150.jpg

Zing!

Edited by RedSoloCup

RedSoloCup

1- yes2-yes Yes3-YES YES YES

That is why I hit ignore. Same ole, same ole. Tedious.

Leftardation is a mental disorder.

Ditto on the ignore. Hell will freeze over before I ever give a <censored> what a leftist thinks.

But... but... but... TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMP!!!!

You are a disgusting person.

After years and years of ignoring Kings bigotry and coziness with neo Nazi's, the GOP was forced to remove him from committees after he stated out right that 'white supremacy' is something he is quite comfortable with. This woman says something that an air of anti-Israel sentiment and it's "oh gosh we're so outraged!", Remove her!

effin hypocrites.

:crybaby2:

<_<

:clap:

:rolleyes:

MontyPython

What lies?

Good post, but I'd like to clarify one point: The "thousands dancing after 9/11" comment, while obviously inaccurate, wasn't a lie, it was a mistake. There's a very big difference.

B)

Ladybird

What lies?

Good post, but I'd like to clarify one point: The "thousands dancing after 9/11" comment, while obviously inaccurate, wasn't a lie, it was a mistake. There's a very big difference.

B)

What lies??? I've listed them countless times for you. You obviously just don't want to see them so I'm not going there anymore.

Natural Selection

The GOP ignored Steve Kings bigotry for years and now they’re demanding someone else’s head?

Did Steve King criticize our ally Israel in an anti-Semitic way?

oki

What lies??? I've listed them countless times for you. You obviously just don't want to see them so I'm not going there anymore.

Let's see... one party is credited with freeing the slaves. And one was essentially an arm of the K.K.K.

Care to take a guess which was which?

Oki

MontyPython

You have countless times listed bogus assertions which were quickly & easily debunked.

And you have repeatedly proven it's you who simply doesn't want to see or acknowledge the truth.

<_<

Magic Rat

Your selective outrage has been addressed countless times. When you address why your integrity is so wounded by Trump's so-called "lies" but are able to dismiss or completely ignore Obama's, you have zero credibility and are simply a partisan and/or race hack.

oki

Your selective outrage has been addressed countless times. When you address why your integrity is so wounded by Trump's so-called "lies" but are able to dismiss or completely ignore Obama's, you have zero credibility and are simply a partisan and/or race hack.

Let's see....

Obama made two white Marines hold umbrellas for him and someone while it was sprinkling a bit. Trump picked up the head gear (after it had blown of in the strong wind) of a young black Marine, placed it on his head and patted him on the shoulder. Yup, Trump is a racist bigot alright.

Oki