To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Petition Surfaces Following House GOP's Calls For Ilhan Omar To Be

Rate this topic

MontyPython

I think it's been established that Obama knew he wasn't telling the truth about Obamacare.

I'd have to take your word for it, since I haven't personally seen it established.

:shrug:

He also knew he wasn't telling the truth about Benghazi. Just like everyone else.

Well yeah, that lie I'm aware of. :yes: Rest assured my point wasn't that Obama was an "honest" person, LOL.

:coolshades:

Censport

Honestly, I want her to keep her seat. Just like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. For who they represent, they could pick a far better more competent example of that constituencies' mindset. But they didn't.

They are both buffoons. And everyone, on both sides, knows it. (Or at least I hope they do)

This would be akin to Pepsi protesting the new ad campaign for "New Coke" in the 80's.

When your opponent is digging their own grave, the last thing you tell them is "Stop digging!"

You say, "Yea, you got us there. You win this one. The only thing we have left is to counter you with your own ideas."

If it wasn't my country these buffoons were taking down with them...

Natural Selection

Didn't David Duke just come out in support of Omar? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Yep!

(source)

JerryL

“I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering.”

And faced with criticism, he repeats his lies as usual.

I agreed with you on this. I am not a Muslim apologist, but this was not necessary and he shouldn't have said it. I don't know if, like Monty said, this was originally a mistake or if it was deliberate, but continuing on when it has been shown to not be true (to that extent) is dishonest.

Now, why do you care about honesty all of a sudden? Why does Trump stretching the truth, exaggerating, and lying invoke such a visceral response in you? 8 years of Obama and his administration's non-stop falsehoods and lies and "mispeaks" and nary a word. They lied about Obamacare. They lied about Fast and Furious. They lied about the "stimulus." They routinely lied about economic indicators and the state of the economy. They lied about the police. They lied about and demonized white Americans, gun owners, and Christians. They lied about Benghazi. They lied about being transparent. They lied about EVERYTHING. PERIOD.

But, now that you don't like the way he says things and you don't like the groups he calls out, you suddenly care about honesty. This isn't "what about-ism." I admit that Trump is a politician and that he sometimes lies and stretches the truth and exaggerates. He is (now) a politician and he has always been a blowhard. This is about YOUR blatant hypocrisy. After supporting Obama and his minions for 8 years, you should LOVE dishonesty coming from Trump and his administration.

RedSoloCup

So you once again PROVE yourself a blind, shameless, brainwashed partisan, AS WELL AS incapable of discerning (or at least admitting) the obvious difference between a lie (something you know isn't true) and a mistake (something that, although not true, you honestly believe to be true.)

No wonder you're a democrat, a leftist, and a mindless Trump-hater.

Sad, that.

<_<

:clap:

No, he didn't lie. There indeed were Arabs dancing in celebration and there were also Israeli reporters dancing in front of the Trade Center as well in celebration. Maybe not in the thousands, but by the dozens in several places.

Lots of videos with proof here:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=arabs+were+dancing+on+911&view=detail&mid=9E57101BAC6E61FF79C69E57101BAC6E61FF79C6&FORM=VIRE

Not that this will do any good because as always with your selective/subjective obtuseness, selective/subjective attention span, selective/subjective morals, selective/subjective memory, you won't even look at the proof no matter what when it doesn't suit your deluded proggy mind.

:exactly:

A man tells a vicious lie about Arab Americans (who gives a <censored> about them, right?) and repeats it more than once, but it's not a lie. You really bend over for this guy. Comeon Monty. It was pointed out to him that he was wrong, but he still repeated it and has never apologized. You know why he repeated it? Because it fits into his narrative of why those people should be barred from the country, that's why. It's a talking point, like bragging to the military that he got them a bigger raise than any other president.

Did you read the Military Times article. He lied, it was pointed out, and he lied again. That means it's purposeful, not a mistake. He simply does not care.

God..

:crybaby2:

God...you are dense.

You are a racist, bigoted, obtuse hypocrite. You are a disgusting person.

It was a lie which was pointed out to him and he continued to lie about it, and has never apologized or retracted the claim.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017/09/trump-hasnt-retracted-claim-about-muslims-cheering-9-11.html?gtm=top&gtm=top

Because he is Trump and because his loyal Trumpkins don't care about lies as long it's from his lips, he never will.

Ditto to what MTP said.

*yawn*

Yes, stubborn people (and NOBODY denies Trump is stubborn), tend to stand by their statements, even when they're shown later to be mistaken. It still doesn't prove them to be lies.

For example, you probably haven't noticed but I'm one of the few around here who has never called it a "lie" when Obama stated things like "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor"..."If you like your insurance you can keep your insurance"..."Obamacare will save the average family $2500 per year"...and so forth. He was obviously mistaken, and in fact unlike Trump's harmless mistake about Muslims dancing in New Jersey Obama's mistakes were harmful, causing horrific harm to healthcare, healthcare insurance, the economy in general, etc. Nonetheless I'm convinced Obama really believed that nonsense, and therefore even though clearly mistaken, it doesn't qualify as lying, which means deliberately saying things you know aren't true.

Now let's look at the other side of this coin: The DELIBERATE lies the left tells about Trump. For just two obvious examples: The lie that he's a "racist" and the lie that he's a "misogynist". Those are deliberate lies because the left has had to deliberately misrepresent and/or misinterpret the things Trump has said.

Sorry, but the more you double-down on the crap you spew about Trump, the more you prove yourself a blind, shameless, brainwashed partisan.

<_<

:clap:

Ladybird

I agreed with you on this. I am not a Muslim apologist, but this was not necessary and he shouldn't have said it. I don't know if, like Monty said, this was originally a mistake or if it was deliberate, but continuing on when it has been shown to not be true (to that extent) is dishonest.

Now, why do you care about honesty all of a sudden? Why does Trump stretching the truth, exaggerating, and lying invoke such a visceral response in you? 8 years of Obama and his administration's non-stop falsehoods and lies and "mispeaks" and nary a word. They lied about Obamacare. They lied about Fast and Furious. They lied about the "stimulus." They routinely lied about economic indicators and the state of the economy. They lied about the police. They lied about and demonized white Americans, gun owners, and Christians. They lied about Benghazi. They lied about being transparent. They lied about EVERYTHING. PERIOD.

But, now that you don't like the way he says things and you don't like the groups he calls out, you suddenly care about honesty. This isn't "what about-ism." I admit that Trump is a politician and that he sometimes lies and stretches the truth and exaggerates. He is (now) a politician and he has always been a blowhard. This is about YOUR blatant hypocrisy. After supporting Obama and his minions for 8 years, you should LOVE dishonesty coming from Trump and his administration.

I was pointing out the hypocrisy and was challenged that there were any.

Ladybird

The mooselimb thing reallly sticks in your craw, doesn’t it? What is it about defending a bunch of godless goatfkkers that you relish so much?

I believe in our constitution. What is it about founding principles that you find so loathsome?

Buckwheat Jones

It was a lie which was pointed out to him and he continued to lie about it, and has never apologized or retracted the claim.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017/09/trump-hasnt-retracted-claim-about-muslims-cheering-9-11.html?gtm=top&gtm=top

Because he is Trump and because his loyal Trumpkins don't care about lies as long it's from his lips, he never will.

Trump is a liar. Anybody who voted for him knew that on Election Day.

Obama is a liar. Anybody who voted for him either didn’t care or was a dupe.

Which one were you?

Buckwheat Jones

The GOP ignored Steve Kings bigotry for years and now they’re demanding someone else’s head? Pelosi should tell them and the bigot in chief, who is calling for her to resign, to sit and spin.

It’s good Ilhan apologized though. She should stay away from responding on twitter.

King paid the bill for it. Your turn to stand up.

JerryL

Try dealing with your own hypocrisy first and maybe you will get a little traction. Until then, you are the pot pointing to the kettles.

RedSoloCup

I believe in our constitution. What is it about founding principles that you find so loathsome?

:rolleyes:

Try dealing with your own hypocrisy first and maybe you will get a little traction. Until then, you are the pot pointing to the kettles.

Noclevermoniker

Nothing at all. I don't find anything in the Constitution (it is capitalized, you must know) that requires the accommodation of a death cult that seeks to overturn the very document they hide behind as protection.

See, that was easy.

Edited by Noclevermoniker

oki

There is a video on Youtube where Dinesh crushes a liberal professor over this topic. The liberal professor claims that blacks became Democrats when the racist Southern Democrats switched parties to Republican. Dinesh systematically uses facts to destroy the professor pointing out that blacks started switching parties during the Depression and Southerners started switching in the late 70's early 80's.

The DNC figured out the best way to grow a reliable voter base was to promise people free stuff and ingrane an entitlement mentality on people. Given the fact that a hell of a lot of people are reliant on Government from the day they are born to the day they die and they vote Dem no matter what is proof that this concept works. And I ain't talkin' about someone born with disabilities preventing them from working either. The fact that people of color or any minority can't see this is heartbreaking.

Oki

Ladybird

Pelosi, Steyer, and others rebuked Omar and she apologized.

When our president apologizes for using lies to foment bigotry and hatred of an ethnic group, and the GOP uses the same standards for all members with accusations of racism, we can all deal with our hypocrisy.

JerryL

When our president apologizes for using lies to foment bigotry and hatred of an ethnic group, and the GOP uses the same standards for all members with accusations of racism, we can all deal with our hypocrisy.

If the President apologized you leftists would never accept it. Apologies only count coming from Democrats. BTW, "Muslim" is not an ethnic group, it is a religion practiced by many ethnic groups. That religion is also at the center of almost all of the terrorism in the world today, but that is neither here nor there and carries no weight because "not all Muslims are terrorists."

And, that has nothing to do with you having kept quiet through the Obama lie-fest...that is your hypocrisy, not this hateful witch. Obama divided America and the world along any fault line he could find and he did so with lies, half-truths, misleading statements, misdirection, sending out senior officials to lie on television, and so on. You were silent. That is why your criticism of Trump rings so hollow.

oki

Really? How about the whole Fast and Furious GUN RUNNING SCHEME?

First, Obama and the entire DNC are pushing for assault rifles to be banned in this country tougher gun laws making it harder for the law abiding American to even own a firearm. All the while forcing dealers here to sell firearms to people they otherwise would not have which as they feared ended up in the drug cartels hands, AT LEAST one of which was used to kill a Border Patrol Agent and countless Mexicans. THEN OBAMA turns around and says %90 of guns used in crimes in Mexico come from the U.S. Then to top it off THEY KNEW this statement was utter B.S. in the fact that most guns recovered in Mexico are not even traceable to begin with. The only grain of truth was that %90 of the TRACEABLE GUNS came back to the U.S. BUT, at the same time only %30 where traceable in the first place.

Not only is this absolute B.S. Eric Holder's Just Us department WITH OBAMA'S KNOWLEDGE IF NOT BLESSING WHERE ESSENTIALLY RUNNING GUNS TO MEXICO in the first damn place. You want to talk about Trump lying through his teeth?

Oki

Ladybird

If the President apologized you leftists would never accept it. Apologies only count coming from Democrats. BTW, "Muslim" is not an ethnic group, it is a religion practiced by many ethnic groups. That religion is also at the center of almost all of the terrorism in the world today, but that is neither here nor there and carries no weight because "not all Muslims are terrorists."

And, that has nothing to do with you having kept quiet through the Obama lie-fest...that is your hypocrisy, not this hateful witch. Obama divided America and the world along any fault line he could find and he did so with lies, half-truths, misleading statements, misdirection, sending out senior officials to lie on television, and so on. You were silent. That is why your criticism of Trump rings so hollow.

I know Muslim is not an ethnic group, but ‘Arab’ is. He claimed Arabs were cheering in NJ.

oki

I know Muslim is not an ethnic group, but ‘Arab’ is. He claimed Arabs were cheering in NJ.

And how about Obama telling lies about the guns Eric Holder made sure made it to Mexico?

Isn't that equally as bad? I would say worse given the fact that Obama wanted new laws and restrictions not only based on outright lies, but also in part to an illegal program run by the Justice Department.

Oki

Natural Selection
islamophobia.jpg

Censport

I signed the petition. As I said on another thread, Omar is a threat to national security.

First Sarge

I think you missed the walk back by Botox, and that was a non apology, apology. Par for the course by a demoncrapt.

Edited by First Sarge

Moderator T

Nothing at all. I don't find anything in the Constitusion (it is capitalized, you must know) that requires the accommodation of a death cult that seeks to overturn the very document they hide behind as protection.

See, that was easy.

Not only is it capitalized, its spelled "Constitution" not "Constitusion." :P

MontyPython

islamophobia.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ladybird

I think you missed the walk back by Botox, and that was a non apology, apology. Par for the course by a demoncrapt.

Did she? I missed that one.

Omar apologized. Let the first break in the discussion be those who have apologized and those who have refused.

MontyPython

Did she? I missed that one.

Omar apologized. Let the first break in the discussion be those who have apologized and those who have refused.

"Apologized"?

BACKFIRE: Ilhan Omar's 'Apology' For Anti-Semitism Ends In Disaster

Ryan Saavedra

Daily Wire

Feb 11, 2019

Anti-Semitic Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) tried to apologize for promoting anti-Semitic conspiracy theories over the weekend in a statement released on Monday and ended up promoting her anti-Semitic views even more.

Omar painted herself as a victim of attacks over her "identity," and continued to espouse false anti-Semitic conspiracy theories about AIPAC giving money to members of Congress as she also tried to score political points.

"Anti-Semitism is real and I am grateful for Jewish allies and colleagues who are educating me on the painful history of anti-Semitic tropes," Omar wrote. "My intention is never to offend my constituents or Jewish Americans as a whole. We have to always be willing to step back and think through criticism, just as I expect people to hear me when others attack me for my identity. This is why I unequivocally apologize."

"At the same time, I reaffirm the problematic role of lobbyists in our politics, whether it be AIPAC, the NRA or the fossil fuel industry," Omar continued. "It's gone on too long and we must be willing to address it."

Omar's attempted apology drew stern criticism online with many notable figures noting that they did not believe her apology was sincere or that she had actually learned anything.

"For her apology to be believed, one would have to believe that she didn’t know of the anti-Semitic trope that Jews use their money to control world politics," The Republican Jewish Coalition tweeted. "Furthermore, she equivocates by saying that she finds pro-Israel advocacy to be problematic. Her apology is not accepted."

"'I apologize for my anti-Semitic comments,'" Ben Shapiro tweeted, mocking Omar's statement. "'Now I shall double down on my anti-Semitic comments, but word them slightly differently.'"

More Here