RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

Government retribution for satire?

Rate this topic

erp

Tired

Taggart Transcontinental

SO the President isn't entitled to an opinion? He's not allowed to make statements about people attacking him nightly? Is it more presidential to be pounded on the head and shoulders by intellectual nitwits while the President leads the nation in a direction they disagree with?

More importantly, if these same outlets were attacking YOU nightly would you sit back and just say "not a big deal".... Or would you be going after them in court?

zurg

Trump isn’t wrong: there’s collusion between the MSM to jointly attack everything Trump does. The Russia collusion is turning out to be a hoax, and thus a witch hunt like Trump said.

This statement isn’t saying “I declare that these things are now illegal”. It’s making the parallel that the left cheers on any ridiculous hoax as long as it is against the president, and begins to border on libel, which would be at least as fair “to be looked into” as the Russia collusion hoax.

You people on the left are unbelievably awful humans. This is not a pleasant period to go through, but it’s helpful for us on the right side of things to learn better who to watch out for in our daily lives, from work to family to strangers.

Coach

You have got to be kidding. The president is merely pointing out the obvious which is what got him elected in the first place. The First Amendment is the most abused of any in the Bill of Rights and it's exclusively done by the mainstream media and the entertainment pukes. President's have free speech rights, thank God Donald Trump uses his by speechifying, tweeting, press gaggles and any other opportunity which presents itself. You go Donald !

Ladybird

Trump isn’t wrong: there’s collusion between the MSM to jointly attack everything Trump does. The Russia collusion is turning out to be a hoax, and thus a witch hunt like Trump said.

This statement isn’t saying “I declare that these things are now illegal”. It’s making the parallel that the left cheers on any ridiculous hoax as long as it is against the president, and begins to border on libel, which would be at least as fair “to be looked into” as the Russia collusion hoax.

You people on the left are unbelievably awful humans. This is not a pleasant period to go through, but it’s helpful for us on the right side of things to learn better who to watch out for in our daily lives, from work to family to strangers.

It's a comedy show.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

SO the President isn't entitled to an opinion? He's not allowed to make statements about people attacking him nightly? Is it more presidential to be pounded on the head and shoulders by intellectual nitwits while the President leads the nation in a direction they disagree with?

More importantly, if these same outlets were attacking YOU nightly would you sit back and just say "not a big deal".... Or would you be going after them in court?

:clap: :2up: :exactly:

zurg

It's a comedy show.

A hoax is a hoax, ask Jussie for details about two Nigerians.

Trump has the right to push back if they have the right to spew lies and hate.

Once again, you and your side is wrong here, but you’ll pretend you have a point.

erp

It's a comedy show.

No, it’s not. Trump has been very tactical against your side. And he keeps winning.

Ladybird

A hoax is a hoax, ask Jussie for details about two Nigerians.

Trump has the right to push back if they have the right to spew lies and hate.

Once again, you and your side is wrong here, but youll pretend you have a point.

Saturday Night Live is a comedy show, which has poked fun at politicians, especially presidents, since its inception. These are the times one misses Bush Sr..

Edited by Ladybird

zurg

Saturday Night Live is a comedy show, which has poked fun at politicians, especially presidents, since its inception. These are the times ones misses Bush Sr..

Things would indeed be better had Obama never been elected. Then Trump would not have been needed.

Your fault.

Confessor

It's a comedy show.

So you are saying that THIS president is the only funny thing these days? Because “comedy shows” these days cannot seem to find anything else to satirize or abuse. Unlike the days of Obama,. I defy you to show me ANYTHING on SNL that was the least bit degrading or was a direct attack on Nobama. I will apologize if you can find anything that ever aired on that show that mocked, demeaned, or did ANYTHING but praise and worship him and his awesomeoness. Go ahead. I am waiting, but not holding my breath.

Ladybird

You have got to be kidding. The president is merely pointing out the obvious which is what got him elected in the first place. The First Amendment is the most abused of any in the Bill of Rights and it's exclusively done by the mainstream media and the entertainment pukes. President's have free speech rights, thank God Donald Trump uses his by speechifying, tweeting, press gaggles and any other opportunity which presents itself. You go Donald !

That pesky Bill Of Rights. It should be "looked into".

So you are saying that THIS president is the only funny thing these days? Because “comedy shows” these days cannot seem to find anything else to satirize or abuse. Unlike the days of Obama,. I defy you to show me ANYTHING on SNL that was the least bit degrading or was a direct attack on Nobama. I will apologize if you can find anything that ever aired on that show that mocked, demeaned, or did ANYTHING but praise and worship him and his awesomeoness. Go ahead. I am waiting, but not holding my breath.

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/obama-60-minutes-cold-open/2816864

You can do your own googling.

It's a comedy show. They satirize lots of people, places, and things, including matters that are topical. The more Trump proves that he not only watches the show, but that it gets under his very thin skin, the more they will not let up. And why should they?

Besides, it's a national emergency. Shouldn't he have something better to do?

RedSoloCup

:yawn:

Saturday Night Lame has stunk for years

:clap:

RedSoloCup

:exactly:

Why I preferred MADtv over SNL. They (SNL) were WAY too PC

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/obama-60-minutes-cold-open/2816864

It's a comedy show. They satirize lots of people, places, and things, including matters that are topical. The more Trump proves that he not only watches the show, but that it gets under his very thin skin, the more they will not let up. And why should they?

:yawn:

Edited by RedSoloCup

zurg

Really? You don’t see a difference in satire that glorifies one leader and ridicules the other?

GrimV

Free speech rights cut both ways, and musing over “retribution” could easily be seen as advocating censorship.

On a personal note, why Trump allows SNL to get under his skin is beyond me. Their comedy stylings are hardly new, and they’ve raked every president over the coals since inception (Dan Aykroyd did an awesome Nixon).

Severian

Saturday Night Live is a comedy show, which has poked fun at politicians, especially presidents, since its inception. These are the times one misses Bush Sr..

Correction, used to be a comedy show. They haven't been funny for one, maybe two decades now. I tell people I'm old enough that I remember rotary dial phones and when SNL actually was funny.

Taggart Transcontinental

It's a comedy show.

Its a constant political attack ad, SNL hasn't been funny in 20 years.

Taggart Transcontinental

Yeah you wished, back when you called him an idiot and a wimp and he never uttered a word in his defense, now on the other hand someone fights back and you recoil into the corner of the dark room whimpering like you should. That's what happens when people shine light on evil. It screams in pain and then slinks off to attack another day.

Taggart Transcontinental

So you are saying that THIS president is the only funny thing these days? Because "comedy shows" these days cannot seem to find anything else to satirize or abuse. Unlike the days of Obama,. I defy you to show me ANYTHING on SNL that was the least bit degrading or was a direct attack on Nobama. I will apologize if you can find anything that ever aired on that show that mocked, demeaned, or did ANYTHING but praise and worship him and his awesomeoness. Go ahead. I am waiting, but not holding my breath.

This is one of the few non-Presidential skits, not really funny anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch_hoYPPeGc

Ticked@TinselTown

Getting real tired of these ridiculous whines in the face of the outrageous truth of behaviors run amok under the guise of humor.

Joe the Pagan

Correction, used to be a comedy show. They haven't been funny for one, maybe two decades now. I tell people I'm old enough that I remember rotary dial phones and when SNL actually was funny.

Its a constant political attack ad, SNL hasn't been funny in 20 years.

The last funny SNL sketch.

Noclevermoniker

And, amazingly, in eight years never found the balls to slander Your Black Jesus.