To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

Government retribution for satire?

Rate this topic

MontyPython

It's a comedy show.

Really? And here I was all these years thinking to qualify as a "comedy show" it would have to be funny. Who knew?

:shrug:

And yeah, just like previous posters I can remember way back when it actually was a funny show. I still remember watching the very first-ever episode (back when it was still called "NBC's Saturday Night". The "Live" was added later), and the big buzz it caused the next day at work. EVERYBODY was talking about it.

But nowadays? It hasn't been "funny" for many years.

B)

JerryL

Really? And here I was all these years thinking to qualify as a "comedy show" it would have to be funny. Who knew?

:shrug:

And yeah, just like previous posters I can remember way back when it actually was a funny show. I still remember watching the very first-ever episode (back when it was still called "NBC's Saturday Night". The "Live" was added later), and the big buzz it caused the next day at work. EVERYBODY was talking about it.

But nowadays? It hasn't been "funny" for many years.

B)

Stumbled across a recent sketch on Occasionally-Conscious by accident and it was kind of funny.

But she is so blazingly stupid and rocking the Dem boat she is fair game.

erp

Nothing as funny as this...

RedSoloCup

Yeah you wished, back when you called him an idiot and a wimp and he never uttered a word in his defense, now on the other hand someone fights back and you recoil into the corner of the dark room whimpering like you should. That's what happens when people shine light on evil. It screams in pain and then slinks off to attack another day.

:exactly:

And, amazingly, in eight years never found the balls to slander Your Black Jesus.

Zing!

Ladybird

And, amazingly, in eight years never found the balls to slander Your Black Jesus.

Slander? This is a comedy sketch show. "Slander" has zero context here. Comedians mock, exaggerate, and otherwise make fun of people and situations. They even lie. So what? Apparently Trump and his minions cannot take a joke. That's fine, but the POTUS making veiled threats over the content of TV shows is not.

Folks on the right used to know this.

Edited by Ladybird

RedSoloCup

Slander? This is a comedy sketch show. "Slander" has zero context here. Comedians mock, exaggerate, and otherwise make fun of people and situations. They even lie. So what? Apparently Trump and his minions cannot take a joke. That's fine, but the POTUS making veiled threats over the content of TV shows is not.

:yawn:

JerryL

Slander is over the top. But, just a couple of points:

1. Don’t forget that a significant subset of our population gets their “news” from comedy and satire shows. The Daily Show, anyone? How many people actually believed that Sara Palin said she could see Russia from her house?

2. Just like everything in MSM, the quantity of anti-Trump, anti-conservative sentiment is so lopsided that it eclipses the coverage that is critical of or satirizes the left.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Correction, used to be a comedy show. They haven't been funny for one, maybe two decades now. I tell people I'm old enough that I remember rotary dial phones and when SNL actually was funny.

:yeahthat:

Its a constant political attack ad, SNL hasn't been funny in 20 years.

Yeah you wished, back when you called him an idiot and a wimp and he never uttered a word in his defense, now on the other hand someone fights back and you recoil into the corner of the dark room whimpering like you should. That's what happens when people shine light on evil. It screams in pain and then slinks off to attack another day.

And there are also a lot of conservatives (especially on this site) that prefer that all of their presidents be such "take the high road" pussy wimps as they cry out what a big ole meanie that Trump is on his tweets. They still cry and cry that he's "not acting presidential" according to their standards. To them Trump is supposed to do like all other republican presidents before, just shut up and take all of the lies and insults and like it.

I'm glad that we have a street wise street fighter like Trump in office who fights back to win and I tell all those wussies who can't stand him to kiss my arse and STFU.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Getting real tired of these ridiculous whines in the face of the outrageous truth of behaviors run amok under the guise of humor.

:yeahthat:

Ladybird

Slander is over the top. But, just a couple of points:

1. Dont forget that a significant subset of our population gets their news from comedy and satire shows. The Daily Show, anyone? How many people actually believed that Sara Palin said she could see Russia from her house?

2. Just like everything in MSM, the quantity of anti-Trump, anti-conservative sentiment is so lopsided that it eclipses the coverage that is critical of or satirizes the left.

People that get their news from comedy shows (or Alex Jones) are kooks and morons, but that is not the shows problem or a problem for the rest of us who know the difference between infotainment and serious news.

Edited by Ladybird

:crybaby2:

The light bulb in your head will never turn on. :no:

People that get their news from comedy shows (or Alex Jones) are kooks and morons, but that is not the shows problem or a problem for the rest of us who know the difference between infotainment and serious news.

:biglaugh:

Infowars is great truthful news source. They were the first to expose gaslighting, Alinsky tactics, government and proggy scripted fake news, false flags, staged paid professional protests, paid riots, and the deep state.

All 100% TRUTH.

Nobody else in the world was doing this. PERIOD.

Their record of telling the truth against the lying assed lamestream proggy media blows them all right out of the water.

You can attack and mock it all that you want (which is a real laugher in itself considering that it's YOU who's doing it), but the truth always wins out against liars.

The only real kooks are those who call those revealing and telling the TRUTH kooks. You cannot counter the truth so you resort to trashing and ridicule of those telling the truth to try to shut them down. That proggy Alinsky shidt doesn't work like it used to.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger

JerryL

It is when your side is doing everything they can via “education”, degrading culture and cultural norms, etc., to a point that people ARE that stupid to begin with.

As for the “rest of us,” you are exhibit A representing how off the rails people have gone about Trump. You may think you are above the influence of the tidal wave of bad media but you clearly are not.

Ladybird

It is when your side is doing everything they can via education, degrading culture and cultural norms, etc., to a point that people ARE that stupid to begin with.

As for the rest of us, you are exhibit A representing how off the rails people have gone about Trump. You may think you are above the influence of the tidal wave of bad media but you clearly are not.

This is still about a TV comedy sketch show, which has a long history of mocking presidents, being attacked by the current one. Talk about off the rails.. It's the right, who under any other circumstance would look negatively upon these actions now making excuses for bad behavior that is 'off the rails'.

Edited by Ladybird

JerryL

This is still about a TV comedy sketch show, which has a long history of mocking presidents, being attacked by the current one. Talk about off the rails.. It's the right, who under any other circumstance would look negatively upon these actions now making excuses for bad behavior that is 'off the rails'.

WTH are you raving about?

I don’t want to see anyone censored but can realize the overwhelming negativity against the President in the MSM, both what is supposed to be journalism and in satire.

I have also watched you plunge over a cliff of histrionics and irrational reactions since his election.

It is when your side is doing everything they can via “education”, degrading culture and cultural norms, etc., to a point that people ARE that stupid to begin with.

As for the “rest of us,” you are exhibit A representing how off the rails people have gone about Trump. You may think you are above the influence of the tidal wave of bad media but you clearly are not.

RedSoloCup

:clap:

Bad_Apple

Off topic.....but is there a way on here that allows you to ignore a person (not see their posts).

Buckwheat Jones

Nothing as funny as this...

Like...like, like you know? Like?

NH Populist

Unless I've missed something, the title of this thread insinuates the Government should get into the censuring business to protect the president's fragile ego. Could it be that Trump was just talking to his base, suggesting they boycott SNL? If you watch the goofy award shows musicians and actors hand out to themselves, you know their ratings tanked after their anti-Trump rants took over. Again, this is nothing more than a little nudge from Trump to his base, "How 'bout we take these jerks down"? After all, the award shows seem to have gotten the message...

Edited by NH Populist

zurg

Let’s cut the crap. What are you really saying?

Sounds to me like it is, “Republican presidents have to be perfectly well behaving people before democrats will ever consider accepting them”.

Sorry. No go. New era has swamped you. Don’t like it? Can’t help you there. Deal with it.

Ladybird

Lets cut the crap. What are you really saying?

Sounds to me like it is, Republican presidents have to be perfectly well behaving people before democrats will ever consider accepting them.

Sorry. No go. New era has swamped you. Dont like it? Cant help you there. Deal with it.

What Im really saying is what I wrote.

What youre really saying is dont hurt the fragile ego of our guy or he will throw a temper tantrum and embarrass us all. See how that works?

Edited by Ladybird

Ladybird

Unless I've missed something, the title of this thread insinuates the Government should get into the censuring business to protect the president's fragile ego. Could it be that Trump was just talking to his base, suggesting they boycott SNL? If you watch the goofy award shows musicians and actors hand out to themselves, you know their ratings tanked after their anti-Trump rants took over. Again, this is nothing more than a little nudge from Trump to his base, "How 'bout we take these jerks down"? After all, the award shows seem to have gotten the message...

He said [the show] should be looked into.

zurg

What I’m really saying is what I wrote.

What you’re really saying is don’t hurt the fragile ego of our guy dear leader he will throw a temper tantrum and embarrass us all. See how that works?

No; I’m saying president Trump is not perfect - apologies for that, but your infantile outrage isn’t going to rock the cheese.

I’ve said a million times that Trump does not come across like the kind of guy I’d have fun having a beer with. Politics aside, even Obama seems more fun and relatable, even though I couldn’t stand listening to him talking about himself all night either.

Trump’s quirky tweets and ahole personality don’t embarrass me. I didn’t vote for a friend. I voted for someone who can help the nation when people on your side are hellbent on wrecking it.

You just simply cannot state what you really mean with these dumb posts of yours, because it WOULD be embarrassing for you if everyone knew without a doubt.