To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

Government retribution for satire?

Rate this topic

Ladybird

So? That is his opinion. Has he ordered anyone to "look into them?" Do you honestly think that he will?

Like I said, off the rails.

As has been demonstrated, this president does not care about protocols, a character trait his fans applaud. Who knows what he intended. The president making a statement that he is displeased with the content of an entertainment program and that ‘it should be looked into’ is chilling. From any other president, conservatives would be howling about the first amendment.

This complaint and talk of “retribution”, and that it should be looked into is not about press coverage. It’s about a TV comedy show.

Edited by Ladybird

MTP Reggie

As has been demonstrated, this president does not care about protocols, a character trait his fans applaud. Who knows what he intended. The president making a statement that he is displeased with the content of an entertainment program and that 'it should be looked into' is chilling. From any other president, conservatives would be howling about the first amendment.

This complaint and talk of "retribution" and that it should be looked into is not about press coverage. It's about a TV comedy show.

Hyp. O. Crite.

JerryL

As has been demonstrated, this president does not care about protocols, a character trait his fans applaud. Who knows what he intended. The president making a statement that he is displeased with the content of an entertainment program and that ‘it should be looked into’ is chilling. From any other president, conservatives would be howling about the first amendment.

This complaint and talk of “retribution”, and that it should be looked into is not about press coverage. It’s about a TV comedy show.

Tell you what, LB. you just keep feeling that way. Take everything said by the, whether you like him or not, most transparent and plain spoken President in decades with some nefarious plot behind it. Get you panties in a twist about not following “protocols.” Continue to be triggered when he says things that you find “chilling” after adding in your paranoid ill intent on his part.

You are helping him to win...again.

GrimV

This is what Democrats and Liberals don't get: This is the world *you* created. It's the world *you* wanted.

If SNL attacked Obama the way they attack Trump, would Liberals sit back and take it? Would the media sit back and take it? Would the media showcase these skits as sick burns on Obama (like they do with Trump), or would they demand a "National Conversation" on civility?

And honestly, I agree. Trump's comments could easily be seen as advocating censorship. But he's simply taking a page from the Liberal Playbook, while the Right takes a page from Alinsky's Playbook ("Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules").

Ticked@TinselTown

Ticked, I think you just made LB's hot air balloon crash and burn... :welldone:

Well, I know I'm on ignore, but she can read other's posts who respond to mine and thus far there hasn't been a response to the content of my original post and I doubt there will be.

The level of venom and hatefulness directed toward President Trump is unparalleled and all the leftards can spin and spew their doubletalk drivel until the cows come home and they will never be able to justify or excuse these sorts of things.

As others pointed out, if SNL had devoted a skit to Ovomit with the level of hatred and vileness displayed toward Trump, the hue and cry of the SJWs would have been deafening, screaming racism from the jump and tacking on anything else they thought they could get to stick so that no one could be critical of their false prophet.

No, the double standard and absolute dishonesty from the left is staggering and not a single one of them will ever admit to it.

Ladybird

Ticked, I think you just made LB's hot air balloon crash and burn... :welldone:

A skit on SNL making fun of a presidential press conference is hardly the same as a bloody disembodied head.

And as a reminder, Kathy Griffin was roundly criticized and shunned after her stunt.

The poutrage is misplaced.

Edited by Ladybird

Ticked@TinselTown

A skit on SNL making fun of a presidential press conference is hardly the same as a bloody disembodied head.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: