To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
MTP Reggie

Republicans Hope to Sway Voters With Labels That Demonize Democrats

Rate this topic

MontyPython

Monty, surely a guy with your experience knows how the Left feels about the truth, yours is subject to interpretation, theirs defies explanation... Lol

Oh I know, LOL. T_G has proven himself utterly incapable of objective thought (or debate) too many times to ever take him seriously. He's just fun to "goad", sorta like a cat toys with a half-dead mouse.

;)

Squirrel

Maybe I’ve missed something. But following this site I’ve seen conservatives call out republicans or liberals etc. I’ve never seen guy , ladybird or Anton call out the left when they do wrong. If they have please post it. If not can those 3 please tell me about being in a tribe. Just so I know how the facts run I’d like thier definition

zurg

Maybe I’ve missed something. But following this site I’ve seen conservatives call out republicans or liberals etc. I’ve never seen guy , ladybird or Anton call out the left when they do wrong. If they have please post it. If not can those 3 please tell me about being in a tribe. Just so I know how the facts run I’d like thier definition

Sure, here are all the times they have called out the left: .

JerryL

Sure, here are all the times they have called out the left: .

That is the main thing here. The Domacrats LIVE on identity politics. Labels and demonization are their bread and butter.

Racist

Misogynist

Homophobe

Islamaphobe

Science denier

Anti-choice

That_Moron goes so far in his identity politics to say that whites can’t even comment on black topics.

Then they roll out this <censored> and want to be taken seriously.

That_Guy

I guess "tribalist" is your newest catch-term (replacing "chambered round" and "unpaid defense team"), so I looked it up:

"an advocate or practitioner of strong loyalty to one's own tribe or social group"

You didn't need to look it up, Monty, because I already defined the word for you a month ago when you asked the first time:

My "tribe" or "social group" is one of the smallest on the planet: Classic Liberal.

No, Monty, it's not.

Classic Liberalism and tribalism are essentially incompatible (and you've chosen tribalism).

And sure, I have no problem acknowledging that UNLIKE you and your leftist ilk, I am indeed strongly loyal to the honest truth.

Yes, Monty, you have a strong feeling of identity with/loyalty to your tribe: Right-wing conservatives and Republicans.

Is that supposed to be an insult? An honest objective adherence to the truth is a "bad" thing?

The "bad thing" is your correspondingly strong antipathy toward the other.

(and your list of "others" is pretty long)

Edited by That_Guy

RedSoloCup

That is the main thing here. The Domacrats LIVE on identity politics. Labels and demonization are their bread and butter.

Racist

Misogynist

Homophobe

Islamaphobe

Science denier

Anti-choice

That_Moron goes so far in his identity politics to say that whites can’t even comment on black topics.

Then they roll out this <censored> and want to be taken seriously.

:exactly:

You didn't need to look it up, Monty, because I already defined the word for you a month ago when you asked the first time:

No, Monty, it's not.

Classic Liberalism and tribalism are essentially incompatible (and you've chosen tribalism).

Yes, Monty, you have a strong feeling of identity with/loyalty to your tribe: Right-wing conservatives and Republicans.

:yawn: :yawn:

:yeahthat:

Ladybird

You’re right. You have missed something.

NH Populist

Oh I know, LOL. T_G has proven himself utterly incapable of objective thought (or debate) too many times to ever take him seriously. He's just fun to "goad", sorta like a cat toys with a half-dead mouse.

;)

Whenever I see a post from T_G lately, I'm reminded of the TV commercial running on Fox News constantly. The My Pillow guy when he's standing on the other side of the bathroom mirror and the other guys says, "Hey, you're That_ Guy, the My Pillow Guy! Our hero answers back, "That's right, And I'm here to give you the best sleep of your lives"! Our_buddy here at R/N sure as heck puts me to sleep... :rofl:

That_Guy

And he or she is not alone.

NH Populist

I'm really disappointed MsB, that you've apparently decided not to vote Republican in the next election. There is still time for you to change party affiliation if you come to your senses though... :wave:

oki

At least they didn't get in peoples faces like a certain other president urged supporters to do.

Oki

RedSoloCup

At least they didn't get in peoples faces like a certain other president urged supporters to do.

Oki

:yes:

Whenever I see a post from T_G lately, I'm reminded of the TV commercial running on Fox News constantly. The My Pillow guy when he's standing on the other side of the bathroom mirror and the other guys says, "Hey, you're That_ Guy, the My Pillow Guy! Our hero answers back, "That's right, And I'm here to give you the best sleep of your lives"! Our_buddy here at R/N sure as heck puts me to sleep... :rofl:

:biglaugh:

Yes, the instant cure for insomnia!

Edited by RedSoloCup

RedSoloCup

;)

:yes:

Ladybird

Oki

Because getting in someone’s face is far worse than bombing a house of worship.

Okey-dokey.

That_Guy

Because getting in someone’s face is far worse than bombing a house of worship.

Okey-dokey.

They very much need you to condemn the act of getting in someone’s face, though.

MontyPython

Yes, I have a very strong antipathy for liars, hypocrites, idiots, traitors, etc.

In other words, leftists.

No, Monty, it's not.

That is, of course, your standard level of bullsh*t.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! That crap again? OK, LOL, for anybody reading along, here are just some of the things T_G has just declared are supported by "Right-wing conservatives and Republicans", since they're all things I support and have argued for many times right here at RN:

I fully support sex-ed in schools.

I understand why evolution is legitimate science and belongs in the classroom, and why creationism isn't and doesn't.

I tend to worry about the rise in recent years of families choosing to home-school their children. (Don’t misunderstand – I realize that many parents make excellent, capable, intelligent teachers. But that simply isn’t true of all, or even most, parents who home-school.)

I fully support same-sex marriage.

I don’t for one second fall for the silly nonsense that gays “choose” to be gay, and/or that they can be “cured” of it, LOL.

I see nothing wrong with gays in the military.

I would never support eliminating things like welfare, food stamps, HUD housing, etc, despite the fact that lots of people abuse them.

I have no objection whatsoever to universal background checks for firearm purchases.

I am glad trade/diplomatic relations with Cuba were restored.

I have voted for lots of Democrats, including both Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter, as well as many less-famous Democrats on the local and state level.

I love Jon Stewart, consider him a very intelligent man (as well as hilariously funny), and agree with him far more often than I agree with, say, Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity.

I think it’s stupid that prostitution is illegal. Why on earth should it be illegal to sell something which is perfectly legal to give away for free?

I support euthanasia.

I believe Terry Schiavo’s husband did the right thing, and those who vilified him were WAY out of line.

I don’t see anything wrong with taxing people according to their wealth (i.e. rich people pay a higher percentage.)

I support embryonic stem-cell research.

NOW AS I SAID (for anybody reading along), according to T_G those are all "Right-wing conservative and Republican" political positions....

No, it's actually pretty short: I despise liars/hypocrites/idiots/traitors. In other words, leftists.

B)

That_Guy

Yes, I have a very strong antipathy for liars, hypocrites, idiots, traitors, etc.

A tribalist's strong antipathy toward "the other" - check.

Then by all means, please explain how you can simultaneously call for law enforcement to investigate and imprison people you disagree with while holding to the classical Liberal view that the right and freedom to have and express unpopular opinions deserves the protection of the state.

I'll wait...

according to T_G those are all "Right-wing conservative and Republican" political positions.

You've misunderstood.

I didn't say the tribe of right-wing conservatives and Republicans has chosen you as one of their own, I said you've chosen them as your tribe.

Not the same thing.

No, it's actually pretty short: I despise liars/hypocrites/idiots/traitors. In other words, leftists.

Off the top of my head, your list has been known to include:

MSM, DNC, CBC, SPLC, Democrats, the Obamas, the Clintons, DoJ, FBI, CIA, and Trump critics in general.

MontyPython

Yup, a strong antipathy toward America's enemies. It's your idiotic attempts to pretend that's a "bad" thing that make you so hilarious.

Then by all means, please explain how you can simultaneously call for law enforcement to investigate and imprison people you disagree with while holding to the classical Liberal view that the right and freedom to have and express unpopular opinions deserves the protection of the state.

I'll wait...

What the F are you babbling about? Seriously, you're just gonna hafta be more specific here. The only people I've ever stated should be imprisoned are criminals.

:scratch:

You've misunderstood.

I didn't say the tribe of right-wing conservatives and Republicans has chosen you as one of their own, I said you've chosen them as your tribe.

Not the same thing.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. That's as stupid as everything else you've regurgitated in this thread. Sure, when the Republicans are right I don't hesitate to agree with them, just as I don't hesitate to disagree with them when they're wrong. That's called "integrity" and "honesty", not "choosing sides/tribes".

But that's OK, LOL - I can understand why you, a dyed-in-the-wool leftist (i.e. a true tribalist) can't grasp such concepts.

MSM, DNC, CBC, SPLC, Democrats, the Obamas, the Clintons, DoJ, FBI, CIA, and Trump critics in general.

The only exceptions being your lie that it includes "DoJ, FBI, CIA". It's true that the criminals and liars and traitors in those organizations (Comey, McCabe, Rosenstein, et al) are worthless traitors. But I'm fully aware that 99% of the members of those organizations are patriotic Americans and I've never suggested otherwise.

B)

That_Guy

a strong antipathy toward America's enemies

A classical Liberal wouldn't regard his fellow citizens as "enemies" because he happens to disagree with what they choose to think or believe; he would respect and protect their right to do so.

The only people I've ever stated should be imprisoned are criminals.

I'm sure you believe that to be true; but this isn't a discussion about you, Monty, so I'm just gonna leave it there.

Suffice it to say the GOP strategy for the 2020 cycle will be more about demonizing Democrats (per the OP) than it will be about highlighting any record of legislative accomplishment in the 115th Congress - and they're counting on deluded tribalists like you to be their chief enablers/head cheerleaders.

Edited by That_Guy

MontyPython

...so I'm just gonna leave it there...

Can't say I blame ya, LOL. It can't be pleasant constantly making a public fool of yourself like you've done (again) in this thread.

...deluded tribalists like you...

See? LOL. You still can't even tell the difference between a "tribalist" (like you, i.e. always take one side regardless of truth, facts, honesty, etc etc etc), and a classic liberal (like me, i.e. side with whoever's right, regardless of party; Side with the conservatives when they're right, argue against them when they're wrong.) Every time you present the sub-moronic pretense I'm some sort of "tribalist" you only further establish your own pathological incapacity to argue honestly.

B)

That_Guy

Side with the conservatives when they're right, argue against them when they're wrong.

Notice how it's always framed in terms of your tribe (conservative Republicans) and how you never, ever side with liberal Democrats under any circumstances - hence, a tribalist's strong antipathy toward "the other."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbkDa0OZetk

Edited by That_Guy

RedSoloCup

I'll wait...

You've misunderstood.

Not the same thing.

pissinginthewind.gif

That_Guy

pissinginthewind.gif

Your attempt to post an image of a grown man's urinating penis (again) has failed.

RedSoloCup

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! That crap again? OK, LOL, for anybody reading along, here are just some of the things T_G has just declared are supported by "Right-wing conservatives and Republicans", since they're all things I support and have argued for many times right here at RN:

I fully support sex-ed in schools.

I understand why evolution is legitimate science and belongs in the classroom, and why creationism isn't and doesn't.

I tend to worry about the rise in recent years of families choosing to home-school their children. (Don’t misunderstand – I realize that many parents make excellent, capable, intelligent teachers. But that simply isn’t true of all, or even most, parents who home-school.)

I fully support same-sex marriage.

I don’t for one second fall for the silly nonsense that gays “choose” to be gay, and/or that they can be “cured” of it, LOL.

I see nothing wrong with gays in the military.

I would never support eliminating things like welfare, food stamps, HUD housing, etc, despite the fact that lots of people abuse them.

I have no objection whatsoever to universal background checks for firearm purchases.

I am glad trade/diplomatic relations with Cuba were restored.

I have voted for lots of Democrats, including both Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter, as well as many less-famous Democrats on the local and state level.

I love Jon Stewart, consider him a very intelligent man (as well as hilariously funny), and agree with him far more often than I agree with, say, Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity.

I think it’s stupid that prostitution is illegal. Why on earth should it be illegal to sell something which is perfectly legal to give away for free?

I support euthanasia.

I believe Terry Schiavo’s husband did the right thing, and those who vilified him were WAY out of line.

I don’t see anything wrong with taxing people according to their wealth (i.e. rich people pay a higher percentage.)

I support embryonic stem-cell research.

NOW AS I SAID (for anybody reading along), according to T_G those are all "Right-wing conservative and Republican" political positions....

B)

:clap:

But remember, you're dealing with a known retard.

Your attempt to post an image of a grown man's urinating penis (again) has failed.

Says the master of failure!

GFY.

Edited by RedSoloCup

That_Guy

But remember, you're dealing with a known retard.

...said nobody who has ever loved a person with developmental disability.