To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
MTP Reggie

NYC Workers Aren’t Jazzed About the $15 Minimum Wage

Rate this topic

AntonToo

Here's the point in case you missed it: The people who got their "living wage" are now taking home LESS money after getting their hours cut.

Bang-up job screwing the poor once again.

Am I the only one who finds it flat out hysterical how the Left consistently f**k over the very people they claim to wanna help?

Any more baseless assertions to share?

I happen to deal with hiring here in NYC - at this point it’s tough to get entry level workers at ABOVE minimum wage.

RedSoloCup

Yep, NYC is doomed.

Unemployment is through the roof (4%),

Real estate is collapsing (record high),

Restraunts closing left and right (more open than ever)

Crime is out of control (lowest it's been since 1950's),

People are running over each other trying to escape (population keeps growing)

Like California, it will fall apart any day now...any day now..any day now..anyday...

:yawn:

Adults are talking.

I happen to deal with hiring here in NYC - at this point it’s tough to get entry level workers at ABOVE minimum wage.

Here's the point in case you missed it: The people who got their "living wage" are now taking home LESS money after getting their hours cut.

Bang-up job screwing the poor once again.

Am I the only one who finds it flat out hysterical how the Left consistently f**k over the very people they claim to wanna help?

:clap:

Your forgot to mention that BOTH STATES are losing people, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ACTUALLY PAY TAXES.

Oki

Did you actually expect a Russian Illegal Alien to get it?

:lol:

MTP Reggie
I happen to deal with hiring here in NYC - at this point it's tough to get entry level workers at ABOVE minimum wage.

This from the 'genius' who regularly poo-poos anecdotal evidence. You antons should really get together and get your stories straight.

Noclevermoniker

I'll send you one bullet when it all comes crashing down. Your choice of caliber. Just one 'ping', Vasily.

DJGoody

Pennsylvania (D) is ready to take the leap on minimum wage as well. *Sigh*

Good Lord, I can't wait to get out of this state!.. Turning into Southwest New York

oki

Adults are talking.

:clap:

Did you actually expect a Russian Illegal Alien to get it?

Hey Genius, tell us why people are leaving the state in droves and it's not creating a huge revenue loss issue?

And, what happens when the people who pay the states bills leave again? What happens to jobs and commerce when these people leave?

Oki

RedSoloCup

Hey Genius, tell us why people are leaving the state in droves and it's not creating a huge revenue loss issue?

And, what happens when the people who pay the states bills leave again? What happens to jobs and commerce when these people leave?

Oki

I take it you was talking to Anton Occasional Cortex, and not me?

No offense taken.

Edited by RedSoloCup

zurg

Anecdote.

Besides, you have Trump to thank for all the good economic news, particularly the record low unemployment numbers. For example, the January numbers came out ... 304,000 added ... 165,000 forecast ... “surprisingly” good. https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/january-2019-jobs-report-analysis/card/1549028572

oki

I take it you was talking to Anton Occasional Cortex, and not me?

No offense taken.

I truly apologize yes it was meant for Anton.

One of my co workers actually has the best name for Cortex...

Always On Crazy..

Oki

GrimV

MGM is thinking about replacing workers with robot technology in its Las Vegas Strip properties: Its 2020 plan calls for reducing thr workforce by about 2,1000 people to save $300m in the coming years

First Sarge
capitolism.jpg

erp

They why the need for this law?

Squirrel

How many jobs or professions has anton claimed so far? This is the first personal hiring job claim I’ve seen. But I can rember a few others over the time following the site. So how large is the company you work for anton and how many people are you getting n charge of “ hiring”? Pizza delivery you call doesn’t count

oki

How many jobs or professions has anton claimed so far? This is the first personal hiring job claim I’ve seen. But I can rember a few others over the time following the site. So how large is the company you work for anton and how many people are you getting n charge of “ hiring”? Pizza delivery you call doesn’t count

Well.. maybe he was in charge of hiring movers to finally get out of his parents basement?

Either way, if things are so Ducky in New York then why are people leaving in droves.

It is said that the pricing of moving trucks is a very good indicator of things....

A 10 Foot U Haul Truck from New York City to Miami Beach Florida

$2,599

https://www.uhaul.com/Reservations/RatesTrucks/

The other way....

$1,673

https://www.uhaul.com/Reservations/RatesTrucks/

The same holds true across the country.

San Francisco - Dallas

Really begs the question why?

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/u-haul-data-states-people-fleeing

Renting a truck from New York to Orlando costs $2,214 and back $1,557 (the difference is $657, a 42% surcharge.)

Renting a truck from New York to Dallas costs $2,442 and back $1,962 (the difference is $480, a 24% surcharge.)

Renting a truck from San Francisco to Orlando costs $3,308 and back $1,988 (the difference is $1,510, an 84% surcharge.)

Renting a truck from San Francisco to Dallas costs $3,206 and back $1,128 (the difference is $2,078, a 184% surcharge.)

For comparison, renting the same truck from New York to San Francisco costs $3,409, and back $3,058 (the difference is $351, a surcharge of 11%).

Other than that last comparison – where the surcharge is minimal – people are leaving states like New York and California for better opportunities, lower taxes and a better standard of living in states like Florida and Texas.

Don't like the Federalist?

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/the-conversation/sd-how-much-cost-to-move-out-of-san-francisco-california-20180306-htmlstory.html

The cost to rent a 26-foot U-Haul truck — big enough to move a three- to four-bedroom home — out of San Francisco headed to Las Vegas reached as high as $2,085 for four days. To rent the same truck going in the opposite direction is only a fraction of that cost — $132.

Oki

Squirrel

I’m sure he can explain all that. I just like asking him to, then waiting..............well in a minn, be patient...........give him a second he’s just getting facts sorted, that way it will be logical this time. I have faith in him

erp

Notice how he said “I have to deal with hiring?” Not that he does the hiring or is even part of the process. My guess is that he works a low wage job and is jealous of this who have higher paying jobs.

Noclevermoniker

...???

Thank you for the confirmation that your assertion was in fact baseless.

Just pick up the Makarov and finish it, Anton. You’re done here.

zurg

...???

You’re not qualified to make that statement.

RedSoloCup

...???

Now get lost, Occasional Cortex.

You’re not qualified to make that statement.

Occasional Cortex isn't even qualified to post here.

helton

Yep, NYC is doomed.

Unemployment is through the roof (4%),

Real estate is collapsing (record high),

Restraunts closing left and right (more open than ever)

Crime is out of control (lowest it's been since 1950's),

People are running over each other trying to escape (population keeps growing)

Like California, it will fall apart any day now...any day now..any day now..anyday...

1) Thank Trump for the improved job situation

2) Real estate developers control NY, resulting in ridiculously high rents for apartments. Bloomberg started that trend and DeBlasio has kept it going.

3) There are more empty storefronts in NYC than ever before because the rents are just too high. In addition, the stifling anti-business environment championed by the Dope from Park Slope (regulations and b.s. sanitation penalties) combined with sky high rents make opening a business a dangerously risky proposition. (https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/new-york-retail-vacancy/572911/)

4) The reason that there are low crime rates is not because crime has gone down (murder and rape are up). It's because the idiot mayor decided in his infinite wisdom to decriminalize many crimes that used to cause the perp to be arrested. Now they are given a ticket like you would get for a parking violation. The most egregious example of this is subway turnstile jumping, which has had 2 major consequences:

A1) Many of these jumpers have criminal records, which means they are free to roam the subways and cause havoc and commit crimes, thus endangering the millions who ride the subways each day. Remember Giuliani's "broken window" policy for policing? That meant when you caught a turnstile jumper, quite often the perp had outstanding warrants for other crimes, so you stopped him before he could commit more crime. DeBlasio felt that too many minorities were being arrested, so he did away with it. His policy is that we must have equal rates of everything for minorities. So he started by ordering Manhattan DA Cy Vance Jr. to stop prosecuting these lower level types of crimes. Other boroughs have followed this policy

A2) Andy Byford, the President of the NY Transit Authority (which is part of the MTA) says that lost revenue due to turnstile jumpers is estimated to be $215 million dollars each year, or $589,000 EACH DAY! (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-03/nyc-turnstile-jumpers-bus-fare-cheats-costing-mta-215-million) Good thing the city is so rich and operates at a surplus so we can afford to lose hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue each year.

5) As usual, Anton is wrong again. In Jan 2019, United Van Lines released its 42nd annual "National Movers Study," which tracks comings and goings from all the states.

Last year, the study said 61.5% of New York movers left the state; just 38.5% moved in. Among those who left, 41% earned $150,000 or more. Just 8.4% earned less than $50,000.

From 2010 to mid-2017, New York had a net outmigration of over 1 million people, more than any other state.

Of course, left unsaid is who is moving to NYS - illegal aliens, thanks to the politicians that control NY and support sanctuary cities. You're left with productive and middle income New Yorkers leaving the state and being replaced by minimum wage, no tax paying illegal invaders. It doesn't take a math genius to compute that when those who pay the bills leave, the bills no longer get paid. That's the road to fiscal insolvency.

Edited by helton

AntonToo

1) Thank Trump for the improved job situation

Why not Obama?

Shall we go to the job growth and unemployment graphs?

Edited by AntonToo

MontyPython

Why not Obama?

Shall we go to the job growth and unemployment graphs?

What for? Never forget the old adages: "Figures don't lie, but liars figure"...and..."There are lies, damned lies, and statistics".

There's no point in wasting your time digging up yet again a bunch of graphs & charts concocted by people who hate Trump almost as much as you do. Yes, I had to include "almost" because let's face it, you're the most mindlessly partisan Trump-hater there is. You're the king of the Trump-haters.

Anyhow, I repeat: Don't waste your time.

B)

MontyPython

Here, Anton, here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about: According to someone who knows how to manipulate algebra, 1=2:

https://www.education.com/activity/article/Algebra_Sleuth_Proof_that_1_2/

Of course, 1 obviously doesn't equal 2, but if you manipulate the figures, and don't take into consideration who's doing the manipulating, many people can be fooled.

Just as you've been fooled.

B)