To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Coach

FOX In Retreat

Rate this topic

MontyPython

I also would guess that they don't watch the other channels who purport to be "news" shows on an even semi-regular basis. I force myself to watch CNN, MSNBC, and others - for as long as I can without sending my blood pressure through the roof - to get a clue what the other side is thinking. Fox is so much more balanced then any of the other alphabet news stations, it isn't even a contest. Of course they are scripted and push an agenda. EVERYONE does. The best you can hope for is they tell you upfront and let you know where they are coming from. And Fox is one of the very few news outlets that consistently has actual leftwing pundits on their shows to debate

Exactly.

I too watch them all - ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, BBC, CBC, PBS, local affiliates, national networks, etc etc etc...PLUS FoxNews (and FoxBusiness.) There simply is no denying Fox is the best, most straightforward, most honest, most balanced, etc. Here's how all these comments in this thread strike me (and previous threads as well as comments to be found at other sites): When the hard-core leftwing hates Fox for being "too rightwing", and the hardcore rightwing hates Fox for being "too leftwing", clearly Fox is doing it exactly right.

:yes:

BootsieBets

Exactly.

I too watch them all - ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, BBC, CBC, PBS, local affiliates, national networks, etc etc etc...PLUS FoxNews (and FoxBusiness.) There simply is no denying Fox is the best, most straightforward, most honest, most balanced, etc. Here's how all these comments in this thread strike me (and previous threads as well as comments to be found at other sites): When the hard-core leftwing hates Fox for being "too rightwing", and the hardcore rightwing hates Fox for being "too leftwing", clearly Fox is doing it exactly right.

:yeahthat:

Junto

Exactly.

011af389aa37e76ed7234f559c086b6136e2eb17f94ccad56f37487221b30bcf.jpg

I wouldn't say its Fake news, but controlled opposition. Maybe not so much Hannity and some others, but ultimately they have to sell advertising from companies that are owned by a few megacorps. They don't project falsehoods so much as choose what stories are talked about, and then to some extent the dialogue. Again- just wait until Disney or Comcast acquire them as it will become more and more noticeable.

Trump has done a great job exposing how D.C. is played more like WWF, with the good guy vs. the heel - and who is what is based on your ideology. Fox are just more announcers. The McCain's, the Romneys, etc arent champions of the Right. The lie will be revealed in broader terms once President Trump declassified all the FISA abuse and more government corruption.

MontyPython

I wouldn't say its Fake news, but controlled opposition. Maybe not so much Hannity and some others, but ultimately they have to sell advertising from companies that are owned by a few megacorps. They don't project falsehoods so much as choose what stories are talked about, and then to some extent the dialogue. Again- just wait until Disney or Comcast acquire them as it will become more and more noticeable.

Trump has done a great job exposing how D.C. is played more like WWF, with the good guy vs. the heel - and who is what is based on your ideology. Fox are just more announcers. The McCain's, the Romneys, etc arent champions of the Right. The lie will be revealed in broader terms once President Trump declassified all the FISA abuse and more government corruption.

Well I agree that if Disney or Comcast ever acquires Fox it will ruin Fox. But as of now, Fox is unquestionably the most honest, fair, balanced, objective, reliable news source. The comments earlier in this thread that Fox is "just as bad" as the rest, that it's nothing more than "deep state apologists" or "propaganda" or whatever, are nothing short of insane. It's very telling that those comments came from the very same people who openly declared they never watch Fox! So how the F would they know?

:rolleyes:

E Van der Vliet

Well I agree that if Disney or Comcast ever acquires Fox it will ruin Fox. But as of now, Fox is unquestionably the most honest, fair, balanced, objective, reliable news source. The comments earlier in this thread that Fox is "just as bad" as the rest, that it's nothing more than "deep state apologists" or "propaganda" or whatever, are nothing short of insane. It's very telling that those comments came from the very same people who openly declared they never watch Fox! So how the F would they know?

:rolleyes:

For the record, even though I criticized FoxNews, I’m not saying they are like the others, they are now. However, I do think they are subpar. Mostly becuase of the host. The actual news parts, which are between the opinion shows, is good. And I do like Bret Baer. But Hannity and Ingram? I find them predictable and boring. Can’t stand Shep Smith. Don’t like the Five. So, for me, it’s the opinion shows I don’t like.

The only real news show is Bret Baer. Other than that, meh.

Just wanted to clarify my stance. ;)

MontyPython

For the record, even though I criticized FoxNews, I’m not saying they are like the others, they are now. However, I do think they are subpar. Mostly becuase of the host. The actual news parts, which are between the opinion shows, is good. And I do like Bret Baer. But Hannity and Ingram? I find them predictable and boring. Can’t stand Shep Smith. Don’t like the Five. So, for me, it’s the opinion shows I don’t like.

The only real news show is Bret Baer. Other than that, meh.

Just wanted to clarify my stance. ;)

I love "The Five", but I agree it's not intended to be a straight-news show; It's more like "entertainment". Same goes for the Greg Gutfeld show, another of my favorites. If you've never checked out "Life, Liberty and Levin" or "The Next Revolution" I highly recommend both.

I agree about Bret Baier: Good, honest, straightforward hard news.

B)