To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
MTP Reggie

'Empire' actor indicted on 16 felony counts by grand jury

Rate this topic

MTP Reggie

Jussie Smollett update: 'Empire' actor indicted on 16 felony counts by grand jury

A Cook County grand jury has returned a 16-count indictment against "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett, according to court records.

03/08/2019

ABC7 Chicago

<More Potential Good news About A Worthless POS Here>

CHICAGO (WLS) -- A Cook County grand jury has returned a 16-count indictment against "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett, according to court records. The Cook county State's Attorney's Office confirmed the indictment, which they said was returned by a grand jury on Thursday.

CLICK HERE to read the full indictment

Smollett was originally charged with one felony count of disorderly conduct for filing a false police report by the Cook County State's Attorney's Office on Feb. 20. There have been dozens of twists and turns since "Empire" start Jussie Smollett reported being attacked. Here are some key moments from the start of this story. Now the grand jury has returned 16 felony counts of disorderly conduct for filing a false police report.

The TV actor claimed he was the victim of a vicious hate crime in the Streeterville neighborhood on Jan. 29. He said two men physically attacked him while yelling racist and homophobic slurs, threw a chemical liquid on him and looped a rope around his neck. The grand jury returned two separate sets of charges. The first set are related to what Smollett told officers about the alleged attack, including that the attackers called him racial and homophobic slurs, struck him with their hands, put a noose around his neck, and poured some sort of chemical substance on him. The second set of charges are related to the second interview Smollett had with police about the alleged attack later that day.

A charge of felony disorderly conduct for filing a false police report carries a possible sentence of probation to three years. Smollett already pleaded not guilty to the first disorderly conduct charge. He was taken into custody and posted $100,000 bond to be freed. Experts believe it is likely he will strike a plea deal and potentially not spend time in prison.

(snip)

<More Potential Good news About A Worthless POS Here>

erp

Somehow, this is all whitey's fault. Somehow.

NH Populist

I can't say that I feel sorry for the guy, you'd think a young man with the resources to post a $100,000 bail would find better things to do with his time. But he didn't, or couldn't. And the resources alone spent to solve a nonexistent hate crime should be reason enough for time behind bars. Race relations are bad enough already without adding this kind of fuel to the fire...

MontyPython

Good. Screw that little sh*t.

<_<

gravelrash

Just in time to publish my Magnum Opus "A False Flag Too Far". And good on Jussie for matching me dollar for dollar on the Victim Scale. What a loser bitch.

tailgunner

Another stupidity badge for a black.

Squirrel

But it’s just a simple black mistake. Those racists just don’t understand give him 1 chance. Every white boy gets 2 or 3. Damn racsist system

Dean Adam Smithee

A charge of felony disorderly conduct for filing a false police report carries a possible sentence of probation to three years. Smollett already pleaded not guilty to the first disorderly conduct charge. He was taken into custody and posted $100,000 bond to be freed. Experts believe it is likely he will strike a plea deal and potentially not spend time in prison.

If this was his "first offense" I would agree with the experts. But my understand is that this is his second strike for something similar, though don't recall the details of the first one except that there WAS a prior.

Judges don't generally like it when you didn't "learn your lesson" the first time, so I predict at least a token amount of jail time: 10 days, 30 days, something like that.

Disorderly conduct as a "felony" ??? First I'd ever heard of that.

Ticked@TinselTown

Probably too many of them on the grand jury, therefore their findings are racist and should be summarily set aside...

Ticked@TinselTown

But it’s just a simple black mistake. Those racists just don’t understand give him 1 chance. Every white boy gets 2 or 3. Damn racsist system

He was just trying to start a conversation, and then capitalize on it and make a shidtload of $$$$ off it like he as raised to do... And making Trump and whitey look bad was just a massive layer of icing on that cake...

Now someone will have to check the cakes he gets in prison to make sure there ain't no nail file in it!

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

It's the typical leftist proggy mantra; commit false flag attacks against one's ownself to generate sympathy for one's own deviant perversions against everything that was considered normal and good in the past for centuries especially by moral (especially white) conservatives.

If this was his "first offense" I would agree with the experts. But my understand is that this is his second strike for something similar, though don't recall the details of the first one except that there WAS a prior.

Judges don't generally like it when you didn't "learn your lesson" the first time, so I predict at least a token amount of jail time: 10 days, 30 days, something like that.

There you go again?

Always on the wrong side.

It was far worse than just disorderly conduct and you should know better than that.

He had deliberately conspired/planned the entire thing and it is all indeed felonies and his stupid ass needs to burn for it. You act as if it's nothing?

He was just trying to start a conversation, and then capitalize on it and make a shidtload of $$$$ off it like he as raised to do... And making Trump and whitey look bad was just a massive layer of icing on that cake...

Now someone will have to check the cakes he gets in prison to make sure there ain't no nail file in it!

In his case check for any lube.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Jussie Smollett update: 'Empire' actor indicted on 16 felony counts by grand jury

nelson-haha.gif

grimreefer

nelson-haha.gif

:lol: :yeahthat:

MontyPython

There you go again?

Always on the wrong side.

It was far worse than just disorderly conduct and you should know better than that.

He had deliberately conspired/planned the entire thing and it is all indeed felonies and his stupid ass needs to burn for it. You act as if it's nothing?

???

You must've misunderstood Smithee's post. The initial charge against Smollett was merely "Disorderly Conduct", and Smithee was saying it didn't seem sufficient because clearly Smollett was guilty of far worse. Just like Smithee, I've never heard of Disorderly Conduct being a felony either. No way was Smithee attempting to suggest Smollett's crime was "nothing".

B)

RedSoloCup

Don't drop the soap....

Dean Adam Smithee

???

You must've misunderstood Smithee's post. The initial charge against Smollett was merely "Disorderly Conduct", and Smithee was saying it didn't seem sufficient because clearly Smollett was guilty of far worse. Just like Smithee, I've never heard of Disorderly Conduct being a felony either. No way was Smithee attempting to suggest Smollett's crime was "nothing".

B)

Exactly.

AntiObama

The Cook County grand jury must have a strong case with a mountain of evidence.

MontyPython

Exactly.

:yes:

erp

Don't drop the soap....

I don’t think that that is a concern for him. Not that there is anything wrong with that. ;)

GrimV

Honestly, there's a hint of overkill, and risks turning Smollett into a sympathetic character.

gravelrash

Honestly, there's a hint of overkill, and risks turning Smollett into a sympathetic character.

Bingo.

tailgunner

He was trying for that before he stuck his wang in the butt.

Howsithangin

Simply sublime 😊