MontyPython

Hollywood Celebrities Charged

Rate this topic

mazing_lilman

im thinking "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes"

Halfwits in Hollywood- who knew?

Ticked@TinselTown

I'd say it's more like it's totally effed up? :rolleyes:

Trying to be lady-like in honor of my mother, who was a freaking saint. Never should have been saddled with a daughter like me if there was any fairness in the world...

RedSoloCup

That's really disappointing. She's the star of one of my favorite shows -- The Garage Sale Mysteries, with old fashioned values, and I thought she might be a conservative.

I don't exactly know that, but given this behavior I wouldn't be surprised if she did...

JerryL

It doesn't matter if they are leftist or conservative. Hypocrisy is not unique to the left, although they have mastered it, embrace it, polish it, and place it on their mantles.

She is a wealthy and privileged parent. Wealthy and privileged people often leverage that wealth and privilege for their own advantage. Part of the "power (money/wealth/influence) corrupts" paradigm. This is seen in all walks of life...left, right, atheist, (self-professing) Christian." For Christians, God, in His Word, warns against this very thing.

Leftists decry inequality and the down trodden who are being kept there because of the evil rich who need to give more. Yet in their lives, they don't give more themselves and some will leverage their wealth and power against those with less power to advance themselves and their families becoming the very thing they publicly condemn.

Conservatives profess to be about true "fairness," i.e. equality of opportunity. They profess the merits of individual liberty and individual responsibility and hard work. Yet some will leverage the fruits of their hard work in order to create an advantage for someone close to them who did NOT earn it and who will take an earned slot/advantage from someone who did.

These are wealthy people using their wealth to illegally/unfairly purchase "education" for their entitled offspring. Not a left/right issue, IMO.

RedSoloCup

Felicity Huffman was a big time Hitlery supporter though.

MTP Reggie
54432300_1034093253456161_5795751391754452992_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=155d6a53910646065355466dbf099111&oe=5D17C545

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Trying to be lady-like in honor of my mother, who was a freaking saint. Never should have been saddled with a daughter like me if there was any fairness in the world...

But we love ya the way that you are! :hug:

RedSoloCup

54432300_1034093253456161_5795751391754452992_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=155d6a53910646065355466dbf099111&oe=5D17C545

:biglaugh:

BootsieBets

Hmmm, interesting. So, she says she was raised Catholic and believes in God, and you naturally equate that with being conservative. Politically conservative? I gotta point out that I am an ex-catholic and almost everyone I know who are practicing Catholics are flaming leftist/progressive. I’m not saying that all Catholics are leftists, but that also doesn’t mean they are unquestionably conservative. Also noting that according to you, if someone pronounces a faith in God and Christianity they are automatically conservative, ergo, if they don’t, they are leftists??

As far as I can tell from how she seemed to raise her two girls, she is appears to be a hypocrite and a bad mother. I would also add she has a lot to answer for with her God.

Ladybird

Hmmm, interesting. So, she says she was raised Catholic and believes in God, and you naturally equate that with being conservative. Politically conservative? I gotta point out that I am an ex-catholic and almost everyone I know who are practicing Catholics are flaming leftist/progressive. I’m not saying that all Catholics are leftists, but that also doesn’t mean they are unquestionably conservative. Also noting that according to you, if someone pronounces a faith in God and Christianity they are automatically conservative, ergo, if they don’t, they are leftists??

As far as I can tell from how she seemed to raise her two girls, she is appears to be a hypocrite and a bad mother. I would also add she has a lot to answer for with her God.

I responded to Alexis who wrote this:

That's really disappointing. She's the star of one of my favorite shows -- The Garage Sale Mysteries, with old fashioned values, and I thought she might be a conservative.

Which was in response to a claim, one without a shread of proof, that she voted for Hillary Clinton. I remember articles about Ms. Loughlin being resistant to the permissiveness of most Hollywood actors. As far as I can tell, she still espouses traditional values, at least publicly.

That link I posted is from an interview with CBN. They’re not exactly Mother Jones when ot comes to politics.

Edited by Ladybird

linewinder

Amen

spt

I want to know why the husbands haven't been charged. Surely if they are paying out that much in bribes to get their kids in college the husbands were probably in on it as well.

Ladybird

I want to know why the husbands haven't been charged. Surely if they are paying out that much in bribes to get their kids in college the husbands were probably in on it as well.

Was wondering about that myself.

BootsieBets

I responded to Alexis who wrote this:

Which was in response to a claim, one without a shread of proof, that she voted for Hillary Clinton. I remember articles about Ms. Loughlin being resistant to the permissiveness of most Hollywood actors. As far as I can tell, she still espouses traditional values, at least publicly.

That link I posted is from an interview with CBN. They’re not exactly Mother Jones when ot comes to politics.

I know who you were responding to and I read the link. Again, that story only said she had been raised Catholic and believed in God. It did not specifically – in that story – say she was conservative or republican or who she voted for. Christians can identify as and be progressive. Very progressive! I pointed out that Catholics don’t always lean politically conservative. Nancy Pelosi ring a bell?

Edited by BootsieBets

BootsieBets

Loughlin’s husband, Mossimo Giannulli, was charged. Williams H. Macy, Huffman’s husband, wasn’t for some reason. :shrug:

Ladybird

I know who you were responding to and I read the link. Again, that story only said she had been raised Catholic and believed in God. It did not specifically – in that story – say she was conservative or republican or who she voted for. Christians can identify as and be progressive. Very progressive! I pointed out that Catholics don’t always lean politically conservative. Nancy Pelosi ring a bell?

Right. Because The 700 Club would highlight the Hollywood version of Nancy Pelosi.

Junto

What is the difference between rich kids buying their way in to schools and it not based on their merit, and minority kids getting in who score less than whites or Asians, but Affirmative Action buys their way in? In the end, aren't there just a lot of white and Asian kids getting screwed?

Hieronymous

Loughlin’s husband, Mossimo Giannulli, was charged. Williams H. Macy, Huffman’s husband, wasn’t for some reason. :shrug:

Maybe Macy and Huffman keep their assets separate. She may not have told him about this plan or if she did he may have said something like, "You're on your own." What college were they trying to get their kid into? Seems like having two parents who are well established in the industry would be enough to get one into a place like USC film school.

BootsieBets

Right. Because The 700 Club would highlight the Hollywood version of Nancy Pelosi.

What?

You are really reaching here, but then that is just you being you.

Maybe I should have separated the paragraph for you. Try reading this slowly.

I said THAT story doesn’t point out that she is politically conservative. She says she was raised a Catholic. It doesn’t specify that she still is, although she says she still believes in God.

It doesn’t list her political affiliation. Or who she voted for. Or if she donated money to a candidate. So, from this story, we don’t know much about her politics, do we. Even supporting Israel doesn’t mean she is a rightwing republican. Sheesh.

Now, I said being Catholic doesn’t mean you are conservative. I know many Catholics, personally, that are very progressive. This is a fact. I didn’t say Lori Loughlin was the Hollywood version of Nancy Pelosi. I said Nancy Pelosi is Catholic and she is progressive. Try to keep up.

And the fact that she did an interview with CBN probably had little bearing on her political affiliation, as I don’t think she has been very outspoken. And it was done about five years ago. Have you ever heard of doing an interview to promote your newest project? From what I could tell, this interview was done about the time that The Garage Sale Mysteries were starting up on Hallmark. I can guess that the interview was done to promote that as CBN and Hallmark would have a similar audience demo. Hallmark wanted to show her as being a wholesome actor staring in their new series. Ya think maybe?

I also said she was a hypocrite. Still stands.