To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Dean Adam Smithee

I hate PBS

Rate this topic

Dean Adam Smithee

Well, actually I like them. especially their cooking shows (Julie Taboulie, etc) and their home repair stuff (This old house, etc).

So today, a short nap on a Sunday afternoon. Go to sleep with Cooking. Wake up with Home Repair. "Lucid Dreaming" between the two. And now i'm wondering if I should use Latex or oil-based paints on my grilled salmon.

Damn them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fMgzz3vs0w

Edited by Dean Adam Smithee

USNRETWIFE

Definitely oil based to it doesn't get dried out. And pick a nice pretty appetizing color.

Dean Adam Smithee

Definitely oil based to it doesn't get dried out. And pick a nice pretty appetizing color.

House is in deference to GA, blue and grey. pastel blue on the walls, medium grey on the woodwork. Office area is Laurens' "Design Studio White" because I need to see colors on my (calibrated) computer screen as they are.

NH Populist

You're into healthy eating, eh? lol Skip the grilled salmon, buy a can of wild caught instead, separate the meat from the bones, add meat and cooked baby sweet peas to milk gravy and viola, Salmon Pea Wiggle! Tastes great over potatoes or toast and as a bonus, there's no paint in the menu to obsess over... :thumbsup:

zurg

And gotta make sure it’s a lead based oil paint. Adds nice flavor.

MontyPython

You're into healthy eating, eh? lol Skip the grilled salmon, buy a can of wild caught instead, separate the meat from the bones, add meat and cooked baby sweet peas to milk gravy and viola, Salmon Pea Wiggle! Tastes great over potatoes or toast and as a bonus, there's no paint in the menu to obsess over... :thumbsup:

Oh man, why would anybody do that to perfectly good salmon?? Gimme a salmon steak powdered with a mix of flour, old bay and salt & pepper, then pan-fried in olive oil.

Yummers!

salmon-steak-1.jpg

NH Populist

Oh man, why would anybody do that to perfectly good salmon?? Gimme a salmon steak powdered with a mix of flour, old bay and salt & pepper, then pan-fried in olive oil.

Yummers!

salmon-steak-1.jpg

I'm the same way, love Salmon filets cooked skin side down 'til just about done, one quick turn and off the heat. The canned stuff isn't pretty, but just as healthy and something my wife will eat if camouflaged enough...Lol Dean just needs to schedule Salmon on the menu when he's had a good night's sleep, that way, there's no mid-day nap to deal with...Lol

Edited by NH Populist

Hieronymous

Viola or cello?

:D

NH Populist

Viola or cello?

Yeah, I know... Lol Spell check wasn't any help at all...Lol

Tikk

Yummers!

salmon-steak-1.jpg

Wild caught Pacific Salmon <> Farm Raised Atlantic.

I only can eat the former. The latter should only be used for catfood.

Severian

I've never been fond of salmon, but I really like arctic char, which is kind of half way between salmon and trout in taste, more delicate than salmon, meatier and more flavorful than trout.

Rub it with salt, and grains of paradise, saute in a pan with some olive oil, yummy.

MontyPython

Wild caught Pacific Salmon <> Farm Raised Atlantic.

I only can eat the former. The latter should only be used for catfood.

I've never been fond of salmon, but I really like arctic char, which is kind of half way between salmon and trout in taste, more delicate than salmon, meatier and more flavorful than trout.

Rub it with salt, and grains of paradise, saute in a pan with some olive oil, yummy.

I love every form of seafood there is; Wild-caught & farmed, freshwater & saltwater, white meat & pink meat, shellfish that swim & shellfish that burrow or attach, and it can be prepared by frying or boiling or baking or steaming or BBQing or anything else. Hell, some (like oysters & lox & sushi) are just as good raw as cooked.

I LOVE seafood.

Nom Nom Nom.

:yes:

Noclevermoniker

Beef. It's what's for dinner.

OK, Surf & Turf. Beef with shrimp on the side.

NH Populist

I love every form of seafood there is; Wild-caught & farmed, freshwater & saltwater, white meat & pink meat, shellfish that swim & shellfish that burrow or attach, and it can be prepared by frying or boiling or baking or steaming or BBQing or anything else. Hell, some (like oysters & lox & sushi) are just as good raw as cooked.

I LOVE seafood.

Nom Nom Nom.

:yes:

When you went from grilled Salmon to raw oysters, you went from eating healthy to living life on the edge...Lol I hope this is how you spell Eeeeewwww! Lol

MontyPython

When you went from grilled Salmon to raw oysters, you went from eating healthy to living life on the edge...Lol I hope this is how you spell Eeeeewwww! Lol

LOL. Yeah, I know lots of people who are grossed out by raw oysters. Not me. But that doesn't mean I'll just pry it off a muddy rock and pop it in my mouth, LOL. I'll take it home and rinse it off first.

B)

Severian

LOL. Yeah, I know lots of people who are grossed out by raw oysters. Not me. But that doesn't mean I'll just pry it off a muddy rock and pop it in my mouth, LOL. I'll take it home and rinse it off first.

B)

What always gets me is I know more than a few people who say "sushi, raw fish! EWWWWW! I'm not eating that!" who slurp down raw oysters by the bucket full! Fatty tuna, raw, is an amazing thing. I went to a pricey sushi place in Atlanta that had three kinds of tuna, fatty tuna, middle fatty tuna, and regular tuna, being able to compare them side by side was fascinating. In Japan there are like a dozen grades between fatty tuna and regular tuna, all of increasing levels of fat, the Japanese are fanatical about their tuna.

MontyPython

What always gets me is I know more than a few people who say "sushi, raw fish! EWWWWW! I'm not eating that!" who slurp down raw oysters by the bucket full! Fatty tuna, raw, is an amazing thing. I went to a pricey sushi place in Atlanta that had three kinds of tuna, fatty tuna, middle fatty tuna, and regular tuna, being able to compare them side by side was fascinating. In Japan there are like a dozen grades between fatty tuna and regular tuna, all of increasing levels of fat, the Japanese are fanatical about their tuna.

Mmmm...Sounds good; I'd like to try that sometime. I don't pretend to know much about sushi, just that I like it (or at least most of it, LOL. I had some really nasty sushi once. Had a bad taste in my mouth for three days.)

B)

Severian

Stay away from gas station sushi. At the place I had the tuna we dropped 600 bucks for four people, but we went for a lot of the priciest items and it is one of the best sushi places in the US allegedly.

Liz

Some years ago my late husband and I owned a commercial fishing boat which we operated as a hobby. I went from loving salmon to not being able to stand the sight of it. I'm still crazy about lox though and I love oysters, raw, steamed, fried or barbecued.

MontyPython

Stay away from gas station sushi. At the place I had the tuna we dropped 600 bucks for four people, but we went for a lot of the priciest items and it is one of the best sushi places in the US allegedly.

LOL. I've never seen sushi at a gas station. But if I ever did nothing could persuade me to eat it, considering some of the hot dogs & chicken legs & cheeseburgers I've seen at gas stations.

:yucky:

Some years ago my late husband and I owned a commercial fishing boat which we operated as a hobby. I went from loving salmon to not being able to stand the sight of it. I'm still crazy about lox though and I love oysters, raw, steamed, fried or barbecued.

Yummy yummy oysters!

mazing_lilman

its probably a good thing no restaurants I know of serve abalone because then id have NO paycheck left haha

Liz

its probably a good thing no restaurants I know of serve abalone because then id have NO paycheck left haha

I haven't had abalone in years but when we lived in San Francisco we were fortunate to know several abalone divers and we threw more than a few abalone parties. It's a lot of work to prepare, but worth every minute and much easier when you have friends to help.

Severian

I've only eaten abalone once, my Chinese friend's dad made it with huge black mushrooms for me once. It was amazing, just delicious. Gee, that was what? Over 30 years ago! Jeez.

MontyPython

I've never eaten abalone. Good huh? I'd like to try it someday.

B)

Severian

I've never eaten abalone. Good huh? I'd like to try it someday.

B)

If prepared right, if not it's like eating an old inner tube. They can be tough suckers. Thinking on it I have had it one other time but it was barely edible it was so tough, not sure how my friend's dad prepped it but I remember him saying it took work to make it tender.

This is the guy who, when they made up egg rolls en masse, would put all the shredded and washed vegetables in a huge tripled up burlap bag, I mean huge, so big it would take four or five of the guys to muscle it outside. Where they put it on a big piece of inch thick marine plywood, and put another piece of plywood on top, and they the my friend's dad would drive his Isuzu pickup truck onto the plywood, one wheel, and let the weight squeeze out the water for an hour or two. Freaked me out, I had never seen the like, but it worked, and he made awesome egg rolls. :coolshades: