To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Moderator T

White House proposed releasing immigrant detainees in sanctuary cities

Rate this topic

MTP Reggie
Uh huh. And once all of these people are dropped in sanctuary cities, do you think they're going to stay there if there is inadequate shelter and food? No. They're going to move about the country, where there is work and relatives, even at the risk of being caught.
I recall that you would make dinner for someone who broke into your house because they were hungry before calling the cops. What changed?

TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMP !!!

singingcat1.jpg

Moderator T

I didn't say only North Dakota. I said, besides the detainees being allowed to stay with existing relatives (which is a lot cheaper than a shelter), they could be housed in other places. Sending thousands of people to already over burdened municipalities is impractical. What is so wrong with a place like North Dakota picking up the slack?

THese overburdened municipalities are contributing to the problem of illegal immigration through creating much of the demand for illegal labor as well as doing their best to obstruct immigration enforcement. Why should ND have to help fix problems that places such as California cause? The only argument I can see against sending them to sanctuary cities is that those cities (the ones you claim are overburdened already) will do everything in their power to ensure that immigration agents are never able to deport these illegals.

Howsithangin

Who will pay for it if thousands of families are bussed by this administration to sanctuary cities? You think the federal government will get away with dropping human beings off on a street corner and driving away? This is the presidents idea (sending detainees to cities of those whom he opposes).

It would be heartless and cruel to send them with nothing even if they are foreigners.

So exactly what is different from setting them free and watching them scatter like roaches? What would be the difference between the defect open border policy that you and The Left support where they cross the border by the tens of thousands, going who knows where?

stick

I didn't say only North Dakota. I said, besides the detainees being allowed to stay with existing relatives (which is a lot cheaper than a shelter), they could be housed in other places. Sending thousands of people to already over burdened municipalities is impractical. What is so wrong with a place like North Dakota picking up the slack?

It's like....we OWE them a livelihood or something...

Absolutely fascinating.

Ladybird

So exactly what is different from setting them free and watching them scatter like roaches? What would be the difference between the defect open border policy that you and The Left support where they cross the border by the tens of thousands, going who knows where?

I have never been “open borders”. Not everyone who refuses to genuflect at Trumps feet oppose immigration reforms, which include a secure border. The methods of achieving those goals however are different.

From a purely humanitarian standpoint as well as practicality, I think shipping people to sanctuary cities would be foolish. There are better ways of relieving the over population of detainees, IF that in fact is what the president is trying to achieve.

Magic Rat

I have never been “open borders”. Not everyone who refuses to genuflect at Trumps feet oppose immigration reforms, which include a secure border. The methods of achieving those goals however are different.

From a purely humanitarian standpoint as well as practicality, I think shipping people to sanctuary cities would be foolish. There are better ways of relieving the over population of detainees, IF that in fact is what the president is trying to achieve.

Yeah, send them to frigid North Dakota who never asked for them instead of temperate Southern California who did. Makes sense to me.

stick

Better ways of relieving the overpopulation of detainees??!!?? How about preventing them from BECOMING an overpopulation of detainees in the first place, like, not just letting them across the border. They want a better life, how about improving the country they call home instead of coming here and becoming OUR burden? We don't have a shortage of people or labor here in the USA, despite what you might believe. Unemployment is pretty low, just what are these low skilled, non-English speaking people supposed to do, other than immediately become in need of welfare or social services? Do you people ever think any of this crap policy of your through, or because it feels good to you people we're all just supposed to accept it?

Edited by stick

johnnybravo

Yeah, send them to frigid North Dakota who never asked for them instead of temperate Southern California who did. Makes sense to me.

Exactly. Those sanctuary cities are a draw for people to come here illegally. They are about to be hoisted by their own petard.

MontyPython

I’m not talking about putting people outdoors in tents or busing thousands of people in. There are homes and structures in ND, correct? How has anyone else who emigrated from a warm climate manage to acclimate to a cold one? My sister and her family moved from San Antonio to Anchorage. No one perished.

Remember...this was actually said....by an adult.....

By an alleged adult, you mean. Lately Ladybird hasn't displayed much in the way of "adult" thinking, logic, honesty, credibility, maturity, etc.

Who will pay for it if thousands of families are bussed by this administration to sanctuary cities? You think the federal government will get away with dropping human beings off on a street corner and driving away? This is the presidents idea (sending detainees to cities of those whom he opposes).

It would be heartless and cruel to send them with nothing even if they are foreigners.

The president's idea??? Whose idea was it to create these "sanctuary" cities/states in the first place? You realize of course (though you probably won't be honest enough to admit it) one of the foremost reasons the illegals are coming in much larger droves than ever before is specifically because the idiot leftists/Democrats/"progressives"/etc have made it clear they will protect and defend the illegals no matter what it takes, including openly violating the very laws they are sworn to protect and obey. Now that illegals are being attracted in much larger numbers by those very same "sanctuary" policies, OF COURSE that's the only logical place to send them. Tell the idiots on your side of the aisle if they don't want to give illegals "sanctuary" from the law, then QUIT DESIGNATING YOUR CITIES/STATES to be "sanctuary" cities/states.

Sheesh, isn't there even one honest, intelligent, properly-functioning brain cell to be found anywhere on the left???

:pinch:

zurg

So a wall is also inhumane?

corporal_little

So a wall is also inhumane?

In fairness, she's not "open borders" per se......she's just against every single option we have to stop illegal entry into our country.....unless a Democrat proposes it.

Edited by corporal_little

JerryL

In fairness, she's not "open borders" per say......she's just against every single option we have to stop illegal entry into our country.....unless a Democrat proposes it.

You mean unless a Democrat proposes it for specific political aims knowing full well they have no intention of actually doing anything?

Howsithangin

ok, I'll bite: what ideas do you support? how many millions would you grant citizenship? (call it a hunch that this would be an integral part of your "immigration reform")

PS. why do we need to "reform immigration" anyway? where is this written? why do we need to make it easier?