To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Howsithangin

‘Whiteness Studies’ Professor Says White People Who Treat All Races Eq

Rate this topic

Howsithangin

‘Whiteness Studies’ Professor Says White People Who Treat All Races Equally Are ‘Dangerous’

By Michael Lee | Apr 19, 2019

Pluralist.com

“I’d like to be a little less white, which means a little less oppressive.”

A guest lecturer at Boston University said last month that white people who judge others as individuals instead of by their skin color are “dangerous,” according to a report in the College Fix.

The lecture, entitled “What Does It Mean To Be White,” was given by University of Washington Professor Robin DiAngelo, a white woman. DiAngelo, who according to her website specializes in “whiteness studies,” added that people who say they’ve been taught to treat everyone the same deny black people their reality.

“If you are being honest, you’ve probably said it,” she said of being taught to treat everyone the same. “Your parents could lecture you to do it [but] you don’t do it, you can’t do it, there is no human objectivity.”

DiAngelo said that when she hears people say they are colorblind, they are revealing their own ignorance. “This person doesn’t understand basic socialization,” she said. “This person doesn’t understand culture. This person is not self-aware.”

“And I need to give a heads up to the white people in the room,” DiAngelo said. “When people of color hear us say this, they’re generally not thinking, ‘Alright, I’m talking to a woke white person right now.’ Usually some version of eye-rolling is going on, and a wall is going up.”

“My friend Erin Trent Johnson — she says, ‘When I hear a white person say this, what I am thinking is: ‘This is a dangerous white person. This is a white person who is going to need to deny my reality,’” DiAngelo continued.

DiAngelo’s remarks seem diametrically opposed to the teachings of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., a Boston University graduate, who famously hoped his children would “one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”

link

Ticked@TinselTown
The lecture, entitled “What Does It Mean To Be White,” was given by University of Washington Professor Robin DiAngelo, a white woman. DiAngelo, who according to her website specializes in “whiteness studies,” added that people who say they’ve been taught to treat everyone the same deny black people their reality.

Well, bitch, perhaps you should have a deep and meaningful discussion with Martin Luther King, Jr. about color blindness among everyone across the board.

NH Populist

How is it Whitey's fault when even successful blacks like Jussie Smollett play the 'Victim' game? Can't even lock him up for his crimes because he's black. This professor's a BS'er, white poverty pimp.

E Van der Vliet

I’ll give her some props. I hate it when people say they are “color blind.” Really? You don’t see that a person is black? Why? If they are black, they are black. On the flip side, if they are white, they are white. Ignoring this helps nothing.

I believe that if we get past this stupid “colt blind” nonsense we can start reseating each other as individuals. This is where this idiot professor goes off the rails.

We need to revel in each other’s skin color. Not run away from it.

And I am no way guilty for being white. I

Alexis

Non-leftists may notice color, but they don't give a damn! People are just people! :insanity:

Ladybird

I’ll give her some props. I hate it when people say they are “color blind.” Really? You don’t see that a person is black? Why? If they are black, they are black. On the flip side, if they are white, they are white. Ignoring this helps nothing.

I believe that if we get past this stupid “colt blind” nonsense we can start reseating each other as individuals. This is where this idiot professor goes off the rails.

Agreed. We’re all different and that’s a good thing.

Just let go of the hate.

gravelrash
This is a white person who is going to need to deny my reality,’” DiAngelo continued.

I'm pretty sure that I won't be the last one, either.

Tikk

Any professor who utters the phrase "my reality" should have their accreditation revoked.

stick

Agreed. We’re all different and that’s a good thing.

Just let go of the hate.

...and calling everything racist.

ASE

I look at one's skin color as being a physical attribute, one of many to distinguish you from all the other indivuduals on the Earth; not as a 'condition' or an 'affliction', and nothing more.

Also, treating people of different racial groups differently, because you don't want to 'deny them their reality' (acc. to the 'professor'), is RACISM!!!!

ASE

Any professor who utters the phrase "my reality" should have their accreditation revoked.

Kinda seems the same as 'my truth', neh? There is real truth, and 'my truth'; just as there is reality, and 'my reality'.

Edited by ASE

MontyPython

*YAWN*

So here we go again: If white people don't treat all races equally we're racist, but if we do treat all races equally we're "dangerous". In other words, white people are just always wrong no matter what. Heads they win, tails we lose.

And they wonder why some of us have an attitude.

<_<

GrimV

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal'.”

Keep dreamin'...

Taggart Transcontinental

I'll give her some props. I hate it when people say they are "color blind." Really? You don't see that a person is black? Why? If they are black, they are black. On the flip side, if they are white, they are white. Ignoring this helps nothing.

I believe that if we get past this stupid "colt blind" nonsense we can start reseating each other as individuals. This is where this idiot professor goes off the rails.

We need to revel in each other's skin color. Not run away from it.

I am color blind. I don't give a damn about the skin color of another person. I care about the way they act in public. Act like an idiot and I treat you as such, acting like an idiot is not based on a color, it's based on a set of presentations by those of us around.

Being "aware" of one's skin color means expecting a specific response simply because of one's skin color. There should be none of that in this nation. Stop being aware of that and all this crap goes away. Then you can realize that someone's reactions are more based on their own issues than yours. When I get pissed at someone it's because something is going wrong in MY world almost 99% of the time. So why should that person on the other end receive that emotional response?

Stop being so uppity about skin color (all of us) and skin color becomes the non-issue, then we can identify the real problem in this nation and that is people in the inner city are treated like slaves by the DNC and their cohorts in power (that is all colors).

Agreed. We're all different and that's a good thing.

Just let go of the hate.

What hate?

MTP Reggie

'Whiteness Studies' Professor Says White People Who Treat All Races Equally Are 'Dangerous'

By Michael Lee

Apr 19, 2019

Pluralist

<More Laughs Here>

"I'd like to be a little less white, which means a little less oppressive."

A guest lecturer at Boston University said last month that white people who judge others as individuals instead of by their skin color are "dangerous," according to a report in the College Fix.

The lecture, entitled "What Does It Mean To Be White," was given by University of Washington Professor Robin DiAngelo, a white woman.

DiAngelo, who according to her website specializes in "whiteness studies," added that people who say they've been taught to treat everyone the same deny black people their reality.

"If you are being honest, you've probably said it," she said of being taught to treat everyone the same. "Your parents could lecture you to do it [but] you don't do it, you can't do it, there is no human objectivity."

DiAngelo said that when she hears people say they are colorblind, they are revealing their own ignorance. "This person doesn't understand basic socialization," she said. "This person doesn't understand culture. This person is not self-aware."

"And I need to give a heads up to the white people in the room," DiAngelo said. "When people of color hear us say this, they're generally not thinking, 'Alright, I'm talking to a woke white person right now.' Usually some version of eye-rolling is going on, and a wall is going up."

"My friend Erin Trent Johnson — she says, 'When I hear a white person say this, what I am thinking is: 'This is a dangerous white person. This is a white person who is going to need to deny my reality,'" DiAngelo continued.

DiAngelo's remarks seem diametrically opposed to the teachings of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., a Boston University graduate, who famously hoped his children would "one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

For DiAngelo, however, racial identity is not a trait that should be transcended.

"I want to be clear that as I stand up here with authority and a voice on this topic, I'm reinforcing whiteness and the centrality of the white view," she said, admitting to her own limitations as a white person. "I'd like to be a little less white, which means a little less oppressive, oblivious, defensive, ignorant and arrogant."

(snip)

<More Laughs Here>

mjperry51

"I want to be clear that as I stand up here with authority and a voice on this topic, I'm reinforcing whiteness and the centrality of the white view," she said, admitting to her own limitations as a white person. "I'd like to be a little less white, which means a little less oppressive, oblivious, defensive, ignorant and arrogant."

Too late, , , ,