To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

A mayor reportedly said her city isn’t ready for black leader. A counc

Rate this topic

Howsithangin

If how this is reported is true, the mayor is a flagrant racist and should be admonished.

However, this same type of intolerable language and beliefs (or worse) are routinely spouted by black politicians, "community organizers", and "artistes" on a regular basis and no one bats an eye.

So here's my reaction: :shrug:

corporal_little

I’m sorry, but I just don’t believe anything the Washington Post reports. Especially on race.

JerryL

Well said. What he refers to as his "Christian Beliefs" are found nowhere in the Bible.

B)

Amen! ;)

oki

I bet these cretins think that Jesus and his apostles must have all been Ghost White and soft featured. When in reality we don't know for sure what they looked like, AND MOST LIKELY they would have been more of a darker complexion and had rough features due in large part to the harsh life people tended to live back then. In short would they have met their 'standards'? Obviously not, CINO(pronounced seee no) Christian In Name Only. I utterly despise these types. Self righteous, holier than thou types who make their own versions of Christianity, think they 'know the way' when in reality they don't jack sh$t about Jesus teachings, much less realize that as human beings it is impossible to be a perfect Christian. Sure they can quote you the Bible verse for verse, tell you all about the stories and such. But that doesn't mean you know it, memorizing words doesn't mean your truly understand what they mean.

I could go on, but I think you all get the idea.

Oki

corporal_little

I've tried looking for a video that supports what happened here and I've found nothing. Does anyone know of one out there? I think we are all taking a very dangerous road here believing what these media folks are reporting.

Especially after they've been proven wrong so many times.

Ladybird

I've tried looking for a video that supports what happened here and I've found nothing. Does anyone know of one out there? I think we are all taking a very dangerous road here believing what these media folks are reporting.

Especially after they've been proven wrong so many times.

The councilman hasn’t denied saying what was reported.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/hoschton-officials-told-resign-over-handling-black-job-candidate/ibkMJJOG5GjGoJyNYdNHuI/

corporal_little

Really? From the article you posted:

The mayor previously issued a statement saying she didn’t recall making the March comments that two of her colleagues reported to the city attorney.

I’m sorry, I just don’t believe the media anymore. Especially on race. More especially about southerners. Even more especially when reporting on Republicans. Sorry.

zurg

Really? From the article you posted:

I’m sorry, I just don’t believe the media anymore. Especially on race. More especially about southerners. Even more especially when reporting on Republicans. Sorry.

This is a reasonable stance.

(Obviously, if someone said what the <censored>ing media claim she said, it’s hyper racist. But that’s not corporal’s point, should some asswipe think of going there. If you can’t understand what his obvious point is, bugger off.)

Howsithangin

Truth in this for sure

E Van der Vliet

I’m sorry, but I just don’t believe anything the Washington Post reports. Especially on race.

I live in GA. And this has been a pretty big story locally. Erik Erickson, a local conservative radio host has been all over it.

My first knowledge of the story was not from the Washington Post. It was from local media here.

So it looks like this did happen.

corporal_little

I live in GA. And this has been a pretty big story locally. Erik Erickson, a local conservative radio host has been all over it.

My first knowledge of the story was not from the Washington Post. It was from local media here.

So it looks like this did happen.

Remember the Covington deal? Everyone was convinced these kids attacked that Indian guy, convinced they were racists, convinced that the guy was a Vietnam vet....even the Principle of their school.

Sorry, but I’m just not buying this... especially the part when the guy says his Christian values make him against interracial marriage. That doesn’t make sense and to quote Judge Judy.....if it doesn’t make sense, then it isn’t true.

Ladybird

Remember the Covington deal? Everyone was convinced these kids attacked that Indian guy, convinced they were racists, convinced that the guy was a Vietnam vet....even the Principle of their school.

Sorry, but I’m just not buying this... especially the part when the guy says his Christian values make him against interracial marriage. That doesn’t make sense and to quote Judge Judy.....if it doesn’t make sense, then it isn’t true.

What’s so hard to believe? There were laws against interracial marriage at one time. You don’t think there are still people who hang on to those beliefs?

As I clumsily mentioned above, Bob Jones University forbid interracial dating of it’s students up until 2000.

Edited by Ladybird

corporal_little

What’s so hard to believe? There were laws against interracial marriage at one time. You don’t think there are still people who hang on to those beliefs?

As I clumsily mentioned above, Bob Jones University forbid interracial dating of it’s students up until 2000.

What’s so hard to believe? Basically anything the media reports. They’ve misreported so many things that it’s hard to keep track. Covington, Kavenaugh, Russia/Trump, Jussie, etc

And, 2000 was 19 years ago. Things have changed.

If these people said these things, then I would be the first person in line to light the match on their stake burning.

However, the only thing they seem to be guilty of right now is being white, southern and redneck looking.

Sorry, I’ll hold out for more proof and not just take the media’s word for it.

Severian

What’s so hard to believe? Basically anything the media reports. They’ve misreported so many things that it’s hard to keep track. Covington, Kavenaugh, Russia/Trump, Jussie, etc

And, 2000 was 19 years ago. Things have changed.

If these people said these things, then I would be the first person in line to light the match on their stake burning.

However, the only thing they seem to be guilty of right now is being white, southern and redneck looking.

Sorry, I’ll hold out for more proof and not just take the media’s word for it.

You make a good point, my trust in anything the media says is nonexistent. Do I believe that in some backwater town there could be a woman with this attitude, yup. Do I think the press could be lying or exaggerating it, oh hell yes.

Howsithangin

You make a good point, my trust in anything the media says is nonexistent. Do I believe that in some backwater town there could be a woman with this attitude, yup. Do I think the press could be lying or exaggerating it, oh hell yes.

QED

Ticked@TinselTown

None of which has anything to do with his race.

Was that the case here? Seems that the only people making an issue of his race were the mayor and council member

He got voted into office because of his race and he got a second term because of his race.

Howsithangin

He got voted into office because of his race and he got a second term because of his race.

:yeahthat:

Ladybird

How in the world did Obama get into this discussion?

WTF does former president Obama have to do with this mayor eliminating from consideration a qualified individual for a public position, based on the color of his skin?

Howsithangin

WTF does former president Obama have to do with this mayor eliminating from consideration a qualified individual for a public position, based on the color of his skin?

Since the world revolves around him, it only seemed natural :P

Seriously though, what this mayor said is precisely what many on The Left think. The Left should laud her for being correct, in their eyes. The mayor supposedly said that her city "isn't ready for a black leader". Is this not what The Left claim all the time, that we Americans are not ready for a [black/woman] leader? Hell, it was a chorus in the 2008 election, and continues to be used as an affirmation every time a black/woman candidate loses an election.

Why is one condemned and the other not? Why can a measurable portion of the population outwardly state that gender and/or race are a primary qualification (meaning female and/or black, respectively), but for someone to state the exact.same.thing but mean male and/or white be a sexist/racist?

:popcorn:

Edited by Howsithangin

RedSoloCup

:yes:

Just like Barry Soetoro.

:crybaby2:

We had a half black President who was on vacation for 8 years on our tab, and when he did show up, he emboldened our enemies, racial division, class warfare and demeaned and demoralized America and her people during his entire tenure, echoed by his titular wife and his entire administration.

I have no problem saying that we don't need political leaders who expect to be elected because of their skin color.

:clap:

Ladybird

Since the world revolves around him, it only seemed natural :P

Seriously though, what this mayor said is precisely what many on The Left think. The Left should laud her for being correct, in their eyes. The mayor supposedly said that her city "isn't ready for a black leader". Is this not what The Left claim all the time, that we Americans are not ready for a [black/woman] leader? Hell, it was a chorus in the 2008 election, and continues to be used as an affirmation every time a black/woman candidate loses an election.

Why is one condemned and the other not? Why can a measurable portion of the population outwardly state that gender and/or race are a primary qualification (meaning female and/or black, respectively), but for someone to state the exact.same.thing but mean male and/or white be a sexist/racist?

:popcorn:

Who on the left said that America is not ready for a black president, therefore Obama should not become president? That is what the mayor is saying.

This is so weak.

And where are the usual “"what aboutism!"” town criers?

Edited by Ladybird

zurg

And where are the usual “"what aboutism!"” town criers?

:lol: This is very funny! (Given the source.)