'A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall' on Obama's Bad Cops and Spi

Rate this topic

MTP Reggie

'A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall' on Obama's Bad Cops and Spies

By Charles Lipson - RCP Contributor

May 28, 2019

Real Clear Politics

<More Bad News For democrats Here>

The skies are growing dark and increasingly ominous for dirty officials at the top of Obama-era law enforcement and intelligence agencies. Leading the "I'm really worried" list are James Comey, John Brennan, James Clapper, Loretta Lynch, and their senior aides, all political appointees. They expected Hillary Clinton to win in 2016 and bury any traces of malfeasance, just as they had buried hers. It didn't work out that way.

Now they need protection themselves. House Democrats and anonymous leakers are busy providing it. Many are delicately called "current and former senior officials" by the New York Times, Washington Post, and other legacy media. Gee, I wonder who they are?

These defenders of the old guard are sliming Attorney General Bill Barr, who heads the investigation into their actions. They have good reasons, if not clean hands, for their attack. First, they want to keep as much secret as they can. Exposure can only harm them. Their main argument is that any disclosures will damage U.S. national security. Second, they want to paint the disclosures and forthcoming indictments as President Trump's revenge, the illegitimate use of powerful agencies that should be nonpartisan. That, of course, is precisely what they are accused of doing.

Barr won't be deterred. He did not return for a second stint as AG to pad his résumé or protect Donald Trump. He returned to clean out the Augean Stables. He needs to muck out the mess left by his predecessors and find the horses that left it.

Barr is determined to do that. He intends to find out how and why the Department of Justice embarked on an all-consuming, two-year project to investigate Trump's alleged cooperation with Putin's Russia to win the presidency. The investigation by Special Counsel Robert Mueller found no such cooperation (going well beyond saying he simply could not indict). Now, Barr wants to understand the origins of the probe and whether the tools used to launch it were lies or distortions — and were known to be so by DoJ, FBI, and CIA officials. Barr wants to know if U.S. intelligence agencies were used to spy illegally on Americans, or if they outsourced that to friendly foreign services and then recovered the information from them. He wants to know if the investigations really began in July 2016, as the FBI testified, or earlier, and what evidence was used to begin them.

None dare call it spying. At least no Democrats or Obama officials will. But that's exactly what it was. As that master of the English language, Winston Churchill, put it, "Short words are best and old words when short are best of all." That's far too clear for bureaucratic obfuscators, presidential contenders, and their media allies. They prefer long, Latinate terms like "surveillance" and "surreptitious investigation." Barr is effectively telling them to "pound sand."

(snip)

<More Bad News For democrats Here>

gravelrash

Preferably acid rain.

MontyPython

I hope and pray that Barr will be different; That this time the crooks really will face justice.

I understand why so many around here are skeptical, but if anybody can finally get it done, it will be Barr. The Democrats' crimes and treasons and dishonesties and hypocrisies are as plain as the teeth in AOC's mouth, clear for all to see. It's time for the criminals to face the music.

B)

Currahee!

I hope and pray that Barr will be different; That this time the crooks really will face justice.

I understand why so many around here are skeptical, but if anybody can finally get it done, it will be Barr. The Democrats' crimes and treasons and dishonesties and hypocrisies are as plain as the teeth in AOC's mouth, clear for all to see. It's time for the criminals to face the music.

B)

From your mouth. . . To God’s ear, Monty

Hieronymous

B)

They won't. The names in the article seem like big names, but they are there to drop on their swords for someone else. Those people acted on orders.

Jon Wayne

I hope to see all of the Obama/Hillary sinister agents indicted right before the 2020 election. Trump needs to be re-elected and Republicans need to take the House back. There's a lot of payback due. The Democrat Party needs to be dismantled and destroyed for all time. And the Trump-deranged haters and liars at CNN and MSNBC need to disappear as well. Then I can retire in the Keys, go fishing every morning, drink rum runners and pina coladas until I pass out every afternoon, and wake up for Star Trek reruns on tv every night.

MontyPython

From your mouth. . . To God’s ear, Monty

:pray:

They won't. The names in the article seem like big names, but they are there to drop on their swords for someone else. Those people acted on orders.

As I said, I understand the skepticism. My mind is whispering skeptical stuff too, and I'm probably being pollyanna for purposely ignoring it. My position isn't "I'm sure it will really happen this time"...it's more like "I hope it finally happens, because Barr would definitely be the right man for the job."

:coolshades:

ASE

Every time I see that punk schiff spouting obvious lies and protests, for some strange reason I feel a very strong urge to just beat his arse. I rarely feel that way about anyone, but he just 'triggers' me.

Tikk

Every time I see that punk schiff spouting obvious lies and protests, for some strange reason I feel a very strong urge to just beat his arse. I rarely feel that way about anyone, but he just 'triggers' me.

Maybe it's the soulless pig eyes...

Edited by Tikk

LongKnife

May it's the soulless pig eyes...

adam-schiff.jpg

Severian

He looks like one of the guys on "Scanners" right before his head explodes. Either that or Barney Google With The Goo Goo Googly Eyes. I wonder if he has a thyroid condition?

ASE

adam-schiff.jpg

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!! Must SLAP Head!! Must Beat ARSE!!!!! (can't seem to reach through the screen, oh the frustration!!)

*that was very cruel of you, BTW...*

ASE

Maybe it's the soulless pig eyes...

Like the pigs in 'Animal Farm'?

bigpapa

adam-schiff.jpg

Andy Kaufman is in Congress? I KNEW he wasn't dead!

Noclevermoniker

And now....I perform....the Elvis Presley....

Severian

Marty Feldman's evil American cousin...

MontyPython

Marty Feldman's evil American cousin...

Naw, Marty Feldman was hilariously funny. Kaufman was just irritating.

"Ibida!"

:yawn: