To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Squirrel

What is trump actually doing wrong? What did Obama ever do to unite ra

Rate this topic

Squirrel

I would honestly like a left answer to what Obama did to bring race relations together. What do you think he actually achieved in us standing in the world? How did his policies help the middle class worker, white, black Asian or purple what promises did he make that actually came through? Anyone’s health insurance drop 2500$, anyone get to keep thier doctor? Did our trillion dollar shovel ready jobs fix highways in some ones state, it didn’t here. So for every trump hater what good came out of 8 yrs of Obama with an open check book? I really am curious what you believe was achieved

Edited by Squirrel

House MD

Free healthcare plans with their brand spanking new cheap Obama phones? i really don't know! :shrug:

gravelrash

Omaha's Metro Area Transit system has a lot of new busses. They have a decal boasting that the "American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009" paid for them. The busses are all assembled in Canada with parts almost 100% made in Mexico.

I know this because Union Pacific Railroad ships the parts north. GPS trackers on the finished vehicle originate from cities like Saint Thomas and Windsor in Ontario. All backed by bills of lading and waybills.

zurg

I would honestly like a left answer to what Obama did to bring race relations together. What do you think he actually achieved in us standing in the world? How did his policies help the middle class worker, white, black Asian or purple what promises did he make that actually came through? Anyone’s health insurance drop 2500$, anyone get to keep thier doctor? Did our trillion dollar shovel ready jobs fix highways in some ones state, it didn’t here. So for every trump hater what good came out of 8 yrs of Obama with an open check book? I really am curious what you believe was achieved

Being able to say “Trump sucks and I hate him” is worth $5-10 grand a year to a lot of people apparently.

GhostOfAndrewJackson

Obama gave this nation a great gift: Donald Trump.

Think about it, this country has been given on last chance, my personal view is "we" are not taking it, but the chance has been given. The choice should be very clear but apparently it is being rejected. Yet the chance has been given and I believe Obama is what gave us the chance.

Howsithangin

Details, details. All you need to know is: Orange Man Bad, Obamaisgodifyoudonotbelievethisyouareracist

Taggart Transcontinental

Free healthcare plans with their brand spanking new cheap Obama phones? i really don't know! :shrug:

True story, I was talking to a woman that reported her celphone stolen. She couldn't describe it or anything and didn't know the number. (Probably a false report, just to get a guy out of her house that she knew had warrants). So she said to me no biggie, I will just get another Obama-phone..... I said you mean Trump phone? I mean he is the President now, and it's now his program......

The look on her face was priceless!

Squirrel

I guess our open minded left members have no answer or what he did positive or how it helped the country? I’m not being snarky or sarcastic. I just honestly want to know what did Obama do good to help the country, middle class, race relations, the working man or America’s standing. I’d like an open discussion and to learn what I’m missing. That shouldn’t be a hard question for our trump haters. Honestly I want to know. Anyone have the backbone to honestly point out the good they think he achieved, debate it and tell me why I’m wrong?

Edited by Squirrel

Squirrel

I can guess this is a left member free topic that will die. But that’s an answer in itself I guess

Edited by Squirrel

RedSoloCup

Of course, leftists are cowards.

Squirrel

I’m not calling anyone a coward. I’m just asking for honest examples and a conversation of how we were helped. In 8 yrs they basically had all 3 branches of goverment and the Supreme Court. So what was accomplished . I’m not even pointing out what was harmed. I just want to know what do they think was a plus they achieved and talk about that. I’m tired of everyone hating each other, trump, right, left and talking about bad. So let’s talk about how much good Obama did, the left, how much he helped us. Then debate that. After that we can talk about the economy, the us standing etc, good trump did and they can debate that. It’s called being open minded so someone tell me the progress Obama made

Edited by Squirrel

MontyPython

...In 8 yrs they basically had all 3 branches of goverment and the Supreme Court...

Just for future reference: The Supreme Court IS one of the three branches.

Sorry for the interruption. Carry on.

B)

Squirrel

B)

My mistake sorry. I meant they had, house,senate, presidency and Supreme Court. My mind just glitched.

MontyPython

My mistake sorry. I meant they had, house,senate, presidency and Supreme Court. My mind just glitched.

:2up:

Dean Adam Smithee

What is Trump actually doing wrong?

He's trespassing in an office that rightfully belongs to HRH HRC.

LOL

Squirrel

I’m still amazed our open minded left members can’t address either question. Guess open minded discussion and defending thier beliefs and statements is not a strong point👀

MADGestic

Since I am not a "leftist", I'm probably not qualified to answer your queries. I will note the leading nature of your topic-title, as if Trump's "wrongness" is somehow dependent on what Obama did or did not do. Trump is "wrong" in many obvious ways regardless of who held the office afore him but it's evident you don't want to talk about that.

I think Obama improved race relations by being elected President; regardless of anything else, that stands on its own. We, the voters, essentially proclaimed that the Presidency is not a white-man-only club; and his election was (is) a remarkable turning point in this great nation's history. And yes, I think this did help our national status in the global political landscape; or, at least, did not damage it.

Obama also steered us through the Great Recession that he inherited when he took office. It's debatable how much influence he wielded but it's a fact that the nation's economy improved during his administration. (Since, apparently, that's a measure of a President's effectiveness.)

The Affordable Care Act (ACA), misnamed "Obamacare" (actually, Ted Kennedy's legacy), while not perfect, did generally increase health insurance coverage for millions of folks.

Finally, off the top of my head, I don't recall Obama's position on infrastructure projects. However, it's ironic that you "went there", considering Trump's recent and carefully-staged petulance. You know, the 3-minute meeting walkout rant, immediately followed by a press conference?

I tend to consider each President based upon their own words and deeds, and NOT measure them by the arbitrary meter of prior officeholders.

MontyPython

MADG - While I find several of your points debatable, I'll just address this single one:

You honestly believe Obama improved race relations?? Seriously???

Wow, I confess myself truly taken aback. Of all the things Obama did wrong, all the mistakes he made, all the things he wrecked, etc, his shredding of race relations in America just might be the worst.

B)

Taggart Transcontinental

B)

According to occasionally Cortex, the three branches of government are the House, Senate, and the President......

Taggart Transcontinental

Since I am not a "leftist", I'm probably not qualified to answer your queries. I will note the leading nature of your topic-title, as if Trump's "wrongness" is somehow dependent on what Obama did or did not do. Trump is "wrong" in many obvious ways regardless of who held the office afore him but it's evident you don't want to talk about that.

I think Obama improved race relations by being elected President; regardless of anything else, that stands on its own. We, the voters, essentially proclaimed that the Presidency is not a white-man-only club; and his election was (is) a remarkable turning point in this great nation's history. And yes, I think this did help our national status in the global political landscape; or, at least, did not damage it.

Obama also steered us through the Great Recession that he inherited when he took office. It's debatable how much influence he wielded but it's a fact that the nation's economy improved during his administration. (Since, apparently, that's a measure of a President's effectiveness.)

The Affordable Care Act (ACA), misnamed "Obamacare" (actually, Ted Kennedy's legacy), while not perfect, did generally increase health insurance coverage for millions of folks.

Finally, off the top of my head, I don't recall Obama's position on infrastructure projects. However, it's ironic that you "went there", considering Trump's recent and carefully-staged petulance. You know, the 3-minute meeting walkout rant, immediately followed by a press conference?

I tend to consider each President based upon their own words and deeds, and NOT measure them by the arbitrary meter of prior officeholders.

So by showing up and stating he's present, race relations went up? Not on the streets where I patrol they didn't.

MADGestic

MADG - While I find several of your points debatable, I'll just address this single one:

You honestly believe Obama improved race relations?? Seriously???

Wow, I confess myself truly taken aback. Of all the things Obama did wrong, all the mistakes he made, all the things he wrecked, etc, his shredding of race relations in America just might be the worst.

B)

No, his election did so.

MontyPython

No, his election did so.

Nope, I just plain can't agree. Today's race relations are the worst they've ever been during my 64 years on this planet, and it's the direct fault of Barack Obama. And it's both heartbreaking and infuriating simultaneously, when I consider all the great progress in race relations that had been achieved before he ruined everything.

B)

MontyPython

According to occasionally Cortex, the three branches of government are the House, Senate, and the President......

LOL

Well in her case I'm surprised she got that close.

;)

JerryL

No, his election did so.

How?

First, he didn’t elect himself...the people elected him. So, that is not something “he did.” If you want to make the case that his campaign improved race relations then please do so. That would be interesting to read.

Second, a significant number of voters voted for him simply because he was black. Not because of his policies or his plans or his agenda...Because of his skin color. That is pretty much the opposite of removing race as an issue.

Finally, his actions were pure, divisive identity politics. He purposefully pitted black against white, poor against rich, conservative against leftist. He encouraged and supported lawlessness and thuggery if the perp was black. His admin and his media lapdogs labeled all disagreement with him as “racism.”

There is my $0.02. Do you have anything he did besides being elected (which the electorate actually did)?

Edited by JerryL

zurg

Let’s deal in facts:

1. Obama getting elected isn’t “his” accomplishment as far as electing a non-white male. It’s the opposite: it’s an achievement by the voters. Unless you think being black is an accomplishment beyond being of a different racial makeup. I’ll admit that, disregarding his politics, the election of a black president was symbolic and probably the best part of the first election.

2. Race relations got worse under Obama. This is particularly sad because Obama could have accomplished a lot here. He could have had a tone of forgiveness and inclusion and thus move the nation to the next level. He alone was in a unique position to do so, as this gesture would not be accepted from a white person, particularly a white male. It was his biggest potential, but because he chose vengeance over forgiveness, he actually set us back considerably.

3. Recovery from recession? This is fake news. Obama’s recovery was the worst on record, and it traded an inordinate amount of debt for a needlessly long and painful “recovery”. Trump has been able to improve the economy dramatically even after democrats claimed the recovery was complete.

4. Obamacare increased health insurance coverage BUT at what cost? Huge premiums and huge co-payments that were unaffordable to many, at the expense of making coverage affordable to a select few that Obama deemed worthy. Like the “recovery”, Obamacare was a failure. And infuriatingly, it was labeled “—care” when it provided no care, only dealing in insurance.

Edited by zurg