To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Squirrel

What is trump actually doing wrong? What did Obama ever do to unite ra

Rate this topic

Ladybird

How?

First, he didn’t elect himself...the people elected him. So, that is not something “he did.” If you want to make the case that his campaign improved race relations then please do so. That would be interesting to read.

Second, a significant number of voters voted for him simply because he was black. Not because of his policies or his plans or his agenda...Because of his skin color. That is pretty much the opposite of removing race as an issue.

Finally, his actions were pure, divisive identity politics. He purposefully pitted black against white, poor against rich, conservative against leftist. He encouraged and supported lawlessness and thuggery if the perp was black. His admin and his media lapdogs labeled all disagreement with him as “racism.”

There is my $0.02. Do you have anything he did besides being elected (which the electorate actually did)?

What utter nonsense. Just because you and others didn't notice or listen to black voices concerning police treatment before Obama's election, doesn't mean that the problems magically appeared.

JerryL

What utter nonsense. Just because you and others didn't notice or listen to black voices concerning police treatment before Obama's election, doesn't mean that the problems magically appeared.

Learn to read. What in what you bonded talks about anyone but Obama? I specifically referenced Obama and what HE did and said... the cases he tied his horse to. Trayvon. Professor Gates. Michael (the “gentle giant” who stole, assaulted the police officer, and tried to kill the police officer) forgot his last name, Ferguson and BLM. He put the weight of his office behind “None of this is your fault. All violence against blacks is because of racism.”

So, in addition to legitimate cases of violence or racism against blacks, Obama told blacks that violence THEY INSTIGATED was also because of racism against them.

That changed the entire discussion. That is not “utter nonsense.”

Edited by JerryL

Squirrel

Since I am not a "leftist", I'm probably not qualified to answer your queries. I will note the leading nature of your topic-title, as if Trump's "wrongness" is somehow dependent on what Obama did or did not do. Trump is "wrong" in many obvious ways regardless of who held the office afore him but it's evident you don't want to talk about that.

I think Obama improved race relations by being elected President; regardless of anything else, that stands on its own. We, the voters, essentially proclaimed that the Presidency is not a white-man-only club; and his election was (is) a remarkable turning point in this great nation's history. And yes, I think this did help our national status in the global political landscape; or, at least, did not damage it.

Obama also steered us through the Great Recession that he inherited when he took office. It's debatable how much influence he wielded but it's a fact that the nation's economy improved during his administration. (Since, apparently, that's a measure of a President's effectiveness.)

The Affordable Care Act (ACA), misnamed "Obamacare" (actually, Ted Kennedy's legacy), while not perfect, did generally increase health insurance coverage for millions of folks.

Finally, off the top of my head, I don't recall Obama's position on infrastructure projects. However, it's ironic that you "went there", considering Trump's recent and carefully-staged petulance. You know, the 3-minute meeting walkout rant, immediately followed by a press conference?

I tend to consider each President based upon their own words and deeds, and NOT measure them by the arbitrary meter of prior officeholders.

So race relations in your opinion got better while Obama was president? Obama care helped people get healthcare, does that take into account the majority of people that had thier health insurance negatively effected? Slowest recovery in history is a good thing? And your trump is wrong major point is he got mad and walked out in 3 minns then talked to the press. Wow

MontyPython

And what about those of us who were listening? Those of us who were paying attention? Those of us who grew up in the "poor" neighborhoods and played with plenty of black kids? Who worked with plenty of black people as adults? Who jammed with plenty of black musicians in his band days, including plenty of gigs in the "black" neighborhoods? Who did plenty of partying and drinking and such in the "black" bars? And so forth?

If your response would be something like "That still doesn't mean you know what it's like to be black", LOL, I'd respond with "True, just like you don't know what it's like to be 'white trash' on a Harley." We all have our crosses to bear, and while it's true that LONG ago blacks had a tougher time than most, it just plain wasn't true for the past 50 years or so. Or at least not until Obama came along and destroyed many decades of advancements in race relations.

<_<

Edited by MontyPython

Timothy

Learn to read. What in what you bonded talks about anyone but Obama? I specifically referenced Obama and what HE did and said... the cases he tied his horse to. Trayvon. Professor Gates. Michael (the “gentle giant” who stole, assaulted the police officer, and tried to kill the police officer) forgot his last name, Ferguson and BLM. He put the weight of his office behind “None of this is your fault. All violence against blacks is because of racism.”

So, in addition to legitimate cases of violence or racism against blacks, Obama told blacks that violence THEY INSTIGATED was also because of racism against them.

https://journalisms.theroot.com/obama-blacks-and-personal-responsibility-1790884689

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/15/barack-obama-supports-both-protesters-and-police-in-questions-about-shootings

Ladybird

In the Ferguson incident the administration did not take sides, and did not get involved until after the rioting started. The civil rights investigation determined that no charges should be filed against the officer.

As far as Martin (which had nothing to do with the police) he said the kid looked like he could be his son. That’s it.. After the verdict, he said everyone should accept the juries decision.

NH Populist

This may or may not be off topic, but what hasn't been mentioned is the media's role in dividing the country. Remember the white teens and the Native American drum beater and how that story got twisted by the networks? There's plenty of examples of the same treatment given to a white cops and that's not to say some of it isn't justified, but there's an agenda by the Left to divide the country along racial lines, something Obama played for all it was worth...

gravelrash

folks.

So many things that I could address in your post. But the word "folks" tells me that I need not bother.

gravelrash

This may or may not be off topic, but what hasn't been mentioned is the media's role in dividing the country. Remember the white teens and the Native American drum beater and how that story got twisted by the networks? There's plenty of examples of the same treatment given to a white cops and that's not to say some of it isn't justified, but there's an agenda by the Left to divide the country along racial lines, something Obama played for all it was worth...

On top of that, the whole incident started with a group of racist blacks yelling obscenities at the white high school students AND the group of Native American protestors.

RedSoloCup

Since I am not a "leftist", I'm probably not qualified to answer your queries. I will note the leading nature of your topic-title, as if Trump's "wrongness" is somehow dependent on what Obama did or did not do. Trump is "wrong" in many obvious ways regardless of who held the office afore him but it's evident you don't want to talk about that.

I think Obama improved race relations by being elected President; regardless of anything else, that stands on its own. We, the voters, essentially proclaimed that the Presidency is not a white-man-only club; and his election was (is) a remarkable turning point in this great nation's history. And yes, I think this did help our national status in the global political landscape; or, at least, did not damage it.

Obama also steered us through the Great Recession that he inherited when he took office. It's debatable how much influence he wielded but it's a fact that the nation's economy improved during his administration. (Since, apparently, that's a measure of a President's effectiveness.)

The Affordable Care Act (ACA), misnamed "Obamacare" (actually, Ted Kennedy's legacy), while not perfect, did generally increase health insurance coverage for millions of folks.

Finally, off the top of my head, I don't recall Obama's position on infrastructure projects. However, it's ironic that you "went there", considering Trump's recent and carefully-staged petulance. You know, the 3-minute meeting walkout rant, immediately followed by a press conference?

I tend to consider each President based upon their own words and deeds, and NOT measure them by the arbitrary meter of prior officeholders.

Yes, Black Lives Matter was such a good creation. :yawn:

Buckwheat Jones

In the Ferguson incident the administration did not take sides, and did not get involved until after the rioting started. The civil rights investigation determined that no charges should be filed against the officer.

Doj had no reason to be here in the first place. The fact that obama sent holder here says that he took a side.

JerryL

If you have something to say then say it.

Maybe you don’t have time to make a point because you are still compiling the list of positive contributions of predominately Muslim cultures and countries??

Squirrel

I honestly thought maybe our left members could provide some positive and negative points to discuss. So far it’s same old Obama was in charge of the worst recovery in history and we got through. Must have been because by his own words those jobs aren’t coming back, this is the new normal. Or his statement you can use coal but it will bankrupt you. Maybe it was the 2500$ we are all saving on health care. Then we do get a response of I never heard of Obama’s shovel ready jobs or infrastructure. Followed up with how much he helped race relations. The negative so far trump did,,,, walked out in 3 minn and had a press conference. Even left members can’t point out what Obama actually did bad or why trumps so wrong, let alone make a statement and defend it. We did get he helped race because he was elected. Guess what electing someone based on skin color is called,wait for it,,,,, Racist. What’s not holding a person accountable for because of skin color called.... ? All his election showed was America had made race progress before he was elected. But electing an unqualified individual who accomplished nothing was a waste and is actions and words in office set back race relations yrs. There are plenty of quicker people, black, white, Asian, Spanish whatever. The only ones more worried about skin color then ability to actually do the job are the ones on the left.

Edited by Squirrel

Dean Adam Smithee

No, his election did so.

I'll agree that his election contained the possibility of doing so. After all, if a black person can get elected president in a majority-white country, then can we say that MLK's "Dream" has finally been realized unquestionably?

Except Obama squandered that opportunity by using every possible chance to turn race into a wedge issue.

Squirrel

I'll agree that his election contained the possibility of doing so. After all, if a black person can get elected president in a majority-white country, then can we say that MLK's "Dream" has finally been realized unquestionably?

Except Obama squandered that opportunity by using every possible chance to turn race into a wedge issue.

He didn’t squander anything, he spoke with actions and intent everytime of causing a divide. I’m not racist as I’ve said there are tons of people all colors including black I’d have voted for. Cain, and rice just to mention 2 more qualified. The democrats showed all they care about is a token skin color and are still defending anything negative he did. While non racsist people are asking what did he do good. The answer I’m still waiting for someone to post and openly explain. That in itself set race relations back not forward. But by all means I’m open minded explain it to me. I’m still waiting on why trump is evil,,, maybe he’s a wizard Obama new normal unemployment numbers have been broken, even for the minorities. He obviously has a magic wand that brought companies and jobs back. So other then trumps an evil wizard can the left members adress . WhT did Obama do great, why is trump evil? I knew when I posted none of them could present facts or defend them. But i’ll Wait

Edited by Squirrel

Timothy

If you have something to say then say it.

Specifically, "He put the weight of his office behind “None of this is your fault. All violence against blacks is because of racism.” "

He consistently tried to respect both sides and argue for both sides having faults and reasons to feel wronged. Conciliatory. Did he always succeed? No. Was he always right? No. But the idea that he was stirring up racial unrest and being entirely one sided is a fabrication made up by the right from people who clearly weren't actually listening to what he was saying.

Maybe you don’t have time to make a point because you are still compiling the list of positive contributions of predominately Muslim cultures and countries??

I have other things in my life that I prioritize above arguing with people on the internet.

As far as Martin (which had nothing to do with the police) he said the kid looked like he could be his son. That’s it.. After the verdict, he said everyone should accept the juries decision.

The right lives in an alternative reality on this issue. Race issues only appear to be worse because people are actually confronting them and white people who were mostly able to ignore those issues and imagine that they didn't exist are being put in a position where they have to actually confront them. Obama wasn't any more of an "agitator" than MLK was.

I honestly thought maybe our left members could provide some positive and negative points to discuss. So far it’s same old Obama was in charge of the worst recovery in history and we got through. Must have been because by his own words those jobs aren’t coming back, this is the new normal. Or his statement you can use coal but it will bankrupt you. Maybe it was the 2500$ we are all saving on health care. Then we do get a response of I never heard of Obama’s shovel ready jobs or infrastructure. Followed up with how much he helped race relations. The negative so far trump did,,,, walked out in 3 minn and had a press conference. Even left members can’t point out what Obama actually did bad or why trumps so wrong, let alone make a statement and defend it. We did get he helped race because he was elected. Guess what electing someone based on skin color is called,wait for it,,,,, Racist. What’s not holding a person accountable for because of skin color called.... ? All his election showed was America had made race progress before he was elected. But electing an unqualified individual who accomplished nothing was a waste and is actions and words in office set back race relations yrs. There are plenty of quicker people, black, white, Asian, Spanish whatever. The only ones more worried about skin color then ability to actually do the job are the ones on the left.

MADGestic provided some good points. If you want something comprehensive, if anyone on the left posted those kind of lists they'd have a dozen responses that would balloon into hours worth of responding to each point. That's why, at least for me, I try to keep my posts very defined. Don't need to always open up a half dozen pandoras boxes.

But if you want what I dislike about Trump the most. It's his consistently cruel, despicable campaign to demonize and attack refugees. It's sad and disgusting and shameful. Any political party that backs such an ideology is utterly morally bankrupt.

(Oh and Jerry if you want to know why I don't take people's claims about what a religion supposedly teaches as that important. Most people are very selective about what parts of their religion they take seriously and largely ignore it. The party that claims to be more "Christian" backing the anti-refugee ideology, when the Bible talks extensively about charity and loving your neighbor and welcoming the stranger, is solid proof of that.)

Squirrel

Specifically, "He put the weight of his office behind “None of this is your fault. All violence against blacks is because of racism.” "

He consistently tried to respect both sides and argue for both sides having faults and reasons to feel wronged. Conciliatory. Did he always succeed? No. Was he always right? No. But the idea that he was stirring up racial unrest and being entirely one sided is a fabrication made up by the right from people who clearly weren't actually listening to what he was saying.

Your confusing words again Timmy. Please post examples of him deamonizing refugees? I can post pleanty of examples of him calling out what damage illeagles do. Or what a drain illegals from 3rd world countries do. But by all means whAt did he say about refugees?

I have other things in my life that I prioritize above arguing with people on the internet.

The right lives in an alternative reality on this issue. Race issues only appear to be worse because people are actually confronting them and white people who were mostly able to ignore those issues and imagine that they didn't exist are being put in a position where they have to actually confront them. Obama wasn't any more of an "agitator" than MLK was.

MADGestic provided some good points. If you want something comprehensive, if anyone on the left posted those kind of lists they'd have a dozen responses that would balloon into hours worth of responding to each point. That's why, at least for me, I try to keep my posts very defined. Don't need to always open up a half dozen pandoras boxes.

But if you want what I dislike about Trump the most. It's his consistently cruel, despicable campaign to demonize and attack refugees. It's sad and disgusting and shameful. Any political party that backs such an ideology is utterly morally bankrupt.

(Oh and Jerry if you want to know why I don't take people's claims about what a religion supposedly teaches as that important. Most people are very selective about what parts of their religion they take seriously and largely ignore it. The party that claims to be more "Christian" backing the anti-refugee ideology, when the Bible talks extensively about charity and loving your neighbor and welcoming the stranger, is solid proof of that.)

So now trump is hating refugees Timmy? Maybe you can post some examples? I know he’s fed up with illegals. I guess that’s ok with you and I’m sure your feeding and housing a few on your own $. I know he wants to secure the border, a quick search will show prior to trump every democrat ran on that. I ono he revered to 3rd world countries as <censored> holes, they are or prove it wrong. So yeah just post a fact or 2 where he hates refugees. Again I’ll wait I’m willing to learn

Edited by Squirrel

Squirrel

All back to no facts no answers Orange man bad, hell thats super rascist since it’s a limited group. But by all means Timmy explAin whAt he’s done targeting play abiding refugees and what he’s said that is hate about them. I’m sure you have a ton of examples. By the way you can’t change the legal definition of illegal alien, to oops in documented or refugee. Go,,, I’ll wait. I’m assuming the wait will be 1 hr, 5 minn to yell from the basement for mom to make you a hotpocket, 2 minns to eat it and 1 hr to try and get talking points some where online. But if that’s actually what you know and think I’ll wait

Edited by Squirrel

Squirrel

Let’s have a conversation and discussion. You give an opinion then facts and examples. So trump hates and treats refugees cruelly. Ok that’s your statement of your opinion timmothy, any left member want to explain that and help Timmy out? See a debate Timmy is you back a statement with facts and examples. As I said I’m happy to learn if I’m wrong, so this is your fact and example time to shine

Edited by Squirrel

Magic Rat

Timothy voted for Obama and once smoked a joint with a black guy in his dorm. This makes him down with the struggle and an unofficial "African American". That's how he knows that "white people were mostly able to ignore these (race) issues".

What a bunch of condescending horse <censored>. A perfect example of Obama inserting himself into "race issues" is when he needlessly compared Trayvon Martin to his non-existent "son". He did this to create chaos between the races. No other reason. The man was a compulsive trouble maker. He was no "leader". This is why the only legacy he left was poor race relations and high insurance premiums. He was worthless as a President and even a man.

And I'd like to see the Bible quote that discusses a country's policy on criminals pretending to be refugees. We can always count on a so-called "agnostic" to lecture people about religion.

Edited by Magic Rat

Squirrel

Timothy voted for Obama and once smoked a joint with a black guy in his dorm. This makes him down with the struggle and an unofficial "African American". That's how he knows that "white people were mostly able to ignore these (race) issues".

What a bunch of condescending horse <censored>. A perfect example of Obama inserting himself into "race issues" is when he needlessly compared Trayvon Martin to his non-existent "son". He did this to create chaos between the races. No other reason. The man was a compulsive trouble maker. He was no "leader". This is why the only legacy he left was poor race relations and high insurance premiums. He was worthless as a President and even a man.

And I'd like to see the Bible quote that discusses a country's policy on criminals pretending to be refugees. We can always count on a so-called "agnostic" to lecture people about religion.

As I said I’m open minded. I just want him to post examples and facts of what he just stated. Then I’ll address those. He has to have facts and examples for the horrible treatment of refugees and the horrible racism running amuck on the right. Doesn’t he. I know trump once watched blazing saddles and laughed

Edited by Squirrel

RedSoloCup

:yawn:

Back to bussing tables, Poindexter.

:yes:

MontyPython

You beat me to it, MR. Timothy isn't old enough to have experienced or learned from the real racial struggles and gains and accomplishments that took place during the late 50's and 60's. Well I am and I did. To see all that gain and advancement and accomplishment destroyed by Obama in 8 short years was heartbreaking and infuriating. Any suggestion Obama "tried to respect both sides and argue for both sides"...and/or...that " Race issues only appear to be worse because people are actually confronting them and white people who were mostly able to ignore those issues and imagine that they didn't exist are being put in a position where they have to actually confront them"...and/or...that Trump is "consistently cruel" or "despicable" or "demonize(s) refugees" is pure horsesh*t, typical swill from mindless leftists.

There were tremendous gains made in race relations years before Timothy was even born, and Obama set them back decades.

<_<

Squirrel

You beat me to it, MR. Timothy isn't old enough to have experienced or learned from the real racial struggles and gains and accomplishments that took place during the late 50's and 60's. Well I am and I did. To see all that gain and advancement and accomplishment destroyed by Obama in 8 short years was heartbreaking and infuriating. Any suggestion Obama "tried to respect both sides and argue for both sides"...and/or...that " Race issues only appear to be worse because people are actually confronting them and white people who were mostly able to ignore those issues and imagine that they didn't exist are being put in a position where they have to actually confront them"...and/or...that Trump is "consistently cruel" or "despicable" or "demonize(s) refugees" is pure horsesh*t, typical swill from mindless leftists.

There were tremendous gains made in race relations years before Timothy was even born, and Obama set them back decades.

<_<

👍

It’s his right to have his opinions it’s also our right to ask for examples of his “known facts”, that’s where he fails and runs away.