To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Dem Committees Win New Powers To Investigate Trump

Rate this topic

MTP Reggie
Barr and Trump are OBSTRUCTING CONGRESSIONAL INVESTIGATION by ILLEGALLY refusing testimonies Congress demands. Why aren't you talking against that?
The hypocrisy of the left is limitless, as you prove on a regular basis.

Where were you when Holder defied subpoenas and contempt charges?

Where were you when DOJ and DOS refused to turn over documents that Congress had the legal authority to ask for?

Aren't you the one who keeps telling us that HRC was exonerated because no charges were ever filed even though she:

Ran an illegal private server for USG business?

Deleted 30000 emails AFTER they were asked for by the FBI?

Wiped a server, destroyed hard drives and phones AFTER they were asked for by the FBI?

Seriously, how do you walk around with all the contradictory beliefs you hold in your head?

I know you know this, Jerry, but I'm going to state it anyway...

It's because Anton is a partisan hack who cares only about who is in charge. And because he's a <censored>ing idiot.

RedSoloCup

I know you know this, Jerry, but I'm going to state it anyway...

It's because Anton is a partisan hack who cares only about who is in charge. And because he's a <censored>ing idiot.

:exactly:

Who should have been gone eons ago.

Where were you when DOJ and DOS refused to turn over documents that Congress had the legal authority to ask for?

Aren’t you the one who keeps telling us that HRC was exonerated because no charges were ever filed even though she:

Wiped a server, destroyed hard drives and phones AFTER they were asked for by the FBI?

Seriously, how do you walk around with all the contradictory beliefs you hold in your head?

Schizophrenia.

Coach

Progressives give a whole new meaning to circle jerk.

RedSoloCup

Progressives give a whole new meaning to circle jerk.

:biglaugh:

tonguezilla

They did not win anything!

They acquired new powers. I swear, proofreaders are getting dumber and dumber.

Taggart Transcontinental

They did not win anything!

They acquired new powers. I swear, proofreaders are getting dumber and dumber.

They didn't even acquire these "powers" they seized them from the states. The Constitution does not give them the authority to do these things they claim to have a right to. Therefore they are the states or the people's rights. Therefore by claiming these powers they have stolen them either from the states or from the people. (or both) Only power Congress has are legally enumerated in the Constitution. Thus anything they create is theft.

Squirrel

The democrats are getting out of hand. In My stupid mind this is what I’ve seen so far. I don’t like my neighbor. I pay someone to call the police and say he sells drugs ( mueller report) the police investigate him for 2 yrs and find nothing. I demand reports the police are not legally allowed to give me. I then yell well someone said he hides them in his butt and cry because they won’t give me doctor gloves to check.

AntonToo

Funny, you were silent when Holder, the IRS, the DOJ etc etc did it during Barry's term.

Funny, that what you just said DOES NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION YOU QUOTED.

Amazing that you think you can talk about hypocracy while giving a pass ot this administration what you were protesting last administration for.

Now, are you referring to the refusal to provide an unredacted copy of the Muller report? Because if you are, to remind you once again, the redactions pertain to grand jury testimony. To release it is illegal.

Sorry, I see you beat me to it.

here again, objection is silly and DOES NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION YOU QUOTED

Congress will have faster, more streamlined process to file a challenge in courts, thats all.

The court is still free to side with DOJ 's position if the subpoena for materials/testimony by the Congress is not apropriate.

So here is the central question again, since no one can rationaly answer it:

The resolution empowers the House Judiciary Committee to go before a federal court in seeking the Department of Justice's (DOJ) compliance with subpoenas for disputed materials and witness testimony. - what is so objectionable about that?

Edited by AntonToo

RedSoloCup

Amazing that you think you can talk about hypocracy while giving a pass ot this administration what you were protesting last administration for.

Congress will have faster, more streamlined process to file a challenge in courts, thats all.

The court is still free to side with DOJ 's position if the subpoena for materials/testimony by the Congress is not apropriate.

The resolution empowers the House Judiciary Committee to go before a federal court in seeking the Department of Justice's (DOJ) compliance with subpoenas for disputed materials and witness testimony. - what is so objectionable about that?

No comments on Bidumb's lying?

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=222815

GrimV

What's being "protested" is the rank hypocrisy. It's taking a page from Alinsky and "make[ing] the enemy live up to its own book of rules."

To repeat, this is the world Democrats wanted. When it served their purpose. Just like "the nuclear option" was the world Democrats wanted. Again, when it served their purpose. The fact that this world the Democrats wanted no longer serves their purpose is not the Right's f***ing problem.

AntonToo

What's being "protested" is the rank hypocrisy. It's taking a page from Alinsky and "make[ing] the enemy live up to its own book of rules."

To repeat, this is the world Democrats wanted. When it served their purpose. Just like "the nuclear option" was the world Democrats wanted. Again, when it served their purpose. The fact that this world the Democrats wanted no longer serves their purpose is not the Right's f***ing problem.

Ooooohhh, because I thought you were objecting Democrats streamlining enforcement of the Congressional subpoenas.

But again, what leg do you, or any other righties/Republicans have to stand on to complain about hypocrisy in this case?

Did you consistently object to Trump administration wholesale non-compliance with subpoenas as you object to a rare non-compliance from Obama’s administration?

Edited by AntonToo

Severian

Aren’t you the one who keeps telling us that HRC was exonerated because no charges were ever filed even though she:

Doublethink and black/white, they're doubleplusgood!

RedSoloCup

Ooooohhh, because I thought you were objecting Democrats streamlining enforcement of the Congressional subpoenas.

But again, what leg do you, or any other righties/Republicans have to stand on to complain about hypocrisy in this case?

Did you consistently object to Trump administration wholesale non-compliance with subpoenas as you object to a rare non-compliance from Obama’s administration?

Your comments, please.

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=222815

GrimV

Irritating when the shoe's on the other foot, isn't it?

Well tough sh!t. This is the world YOU created.

Liberals have an irritating habit of demanding everyone live according to the rules they create. But how often do Liberals attempt to change the rules when the rules no longer serve their purpose?

Presidents ignoring subpoenas (Obama did the same thing)? The Electoral College? The Nuclear Option (Harry Reid?)? Locking children in cages (Obama did the same thing)? Using intelligence from a foreign source to dig up information on a political opponent (Hillary did the same thing)? Using a former Japanese internment camp to house illegals (Obama did the same thing)?

Squirrel

What leg do you have to stand on when you made the rules? Plus once again you are making rules to force the law to be broken. Hey go through the process of changing the law first then ask. Oh wait then they would have to admit they are asking for a law to be broken. But we’ve all seen how bright you are in every post. So you think bad because they are doing what democrats have done and I’m noot sure at the time republicans were asking them to break the law. So I’d like a further answer xplanstion why it’s so badbad. Feel free to take your time I know you have to wait on talking points. As a democract you not only get to break the law but demand other people do too? Is that the ground your standing on?

Edited by Squirrel

AntonToo

Liberals have an irritating habit of demanding everyone live according to the rules they create. But how often do Liberals attempt to change the rules when the rules no longer serve their purpose?

Presidents ignoring subpoenas (Obama did the same thing)? The Electoral College? The Nuclear Option (Harry Reid?)? Locking children in cages (Obama did the same thing)? Using intelligence from a foreign source to dig up information on a political opponent (Hillary did the same thing)? Using a former Japanese internment camp to house illegals (Obama did the same thing)?

That is a really really weird way of saying

“yes, it’s true, my own position is a double standard and I have no foot to stand on to complain about hypocrisy.”

You basically looked at what I said, could not refute it, but at the same time could not admit it, so your mind ran off into the sunset about some baaaaad liberals.

Well let me assure you, only YOU can make yourself a hypocrite, no one else.

Edited by AntonToo

zurg

“yes, it’s true, my own position is a double standard and I have no foot to stand on to complain about hypocrisy.”

You basically looked at what I said, could not refute it, but at the same time could not admit it, so your mind ran off into the sunset about some baaaaad liberals.

That’s a funny funny way of admitting you have no understanding of what Grim wrote, and then you google translate from gibberish to English and try to pretend you have a point. Which you don’t.

GrimV

Anton, if you had a “foot to stand on” you wouldn’t spend so much time attacking me for my alleged hypocrisy.

Do I believe a President (any President, not just Trump...that includes your precious Obama) anyway, do I believe a President should simply ignore congressional subpoenas? No, I don’t. I believe Checks and Balances are important, even when it puts “my party” at a disadvantage. But this is the world Liberals wanted, and they should be forced to live by the rules they created. It’s the only way they’ll learn. Do I believe a President should be allowed to essentially make new laws using Executive Orders? No, I don’t. Lawmaking is strictly for Congress. But this is the world Liberals wanted, and they should be forced to live by the rules they created. It’s the only way they’ll learn. Do I believe a congressional majority should “nuke” the minority party’s only leverage so they don’t get steamrolled? No, I don’t. The “majority party” won’t always be in the majority. But this is the world Liberals wanted, and they should be forced to live by the rules they created. It’s the only way they’ll learn. Do I believe politicians should accept “opposition research” from foreign entities? Not sure there’s a law against it, but it’s certainly skeezy. But again — this is the world Liberals wanted, and they should be forced to live by the rules they created. It’s the only way they’ll learn.

To repeat: You fed it, now eat it.

RedSoloCup

:crybaby2:

Stuff it.

Anton, if you had a “foot to stand on” you wouldn’t spend so much time attacking me for my alleged hypocrisy.

Do I believe a President (any President, not just Trump...that includes your precious Obama) anyway, do I believe a President should simply ignore congressional subpoenas? No, I don’t. I believe Checks and Balances are important, even when it puts “my party” at a disadvantage. But this is the world Liberals wanted, and they should be forced to live by the rules they created. It’s the only way they’ll learn. Do I believe a President should be allowed to essentially make new laws using Executive Orders? No, I don’t. Lawmaking is strictly for Congress. But this is the world Liberals wanted, and they should be forced to live by the rules they created. It’s the only way they’ll learn. Do I believe a congressional majority should “nuke” the minority party’s only leverage so they don’t get steamrolled? No, I don’t. The “majority party” won’t always be in the majority. But this is the world Liberals wanted, and they should be forced to live by the rules they created. It’s the only way they’ll learn. Do I believe politicians should accept “opposition research” from foreign entities? Not sure there’s a law against it, but it’s certainly skeezy. But again — this is the world Liberals wanted, and they should be forced to live by the rules they created. It’s the only way they’ll learn.

:clap:

Still waiting for Antoon's $0.02 (plus tax) on Bidumb's lying...

Edited by RedSoloCup

RedSoloCup

What leg do you have to stand on when you made the rules? Plus once again you are making rules to force the law to be broken. Hey go through the process of changing the law first then ask. Oh wait then they would have to admit they are asking for a law to be broken. But we’ve all seen how bright you are in every post. So you think bad because they are doing what democrats have done and I’m noot sure at the time republicans were asking them to break the law. So I’d like a further answer xplanstion why it’s so badbad. Feel free to take your time I know you have to wait on talking points. As a democract you not only get to break the law but demand other people do too? Is that the ground your standing on?

:yes:

:clap:

That should leave a mark.

MontyPython

(With my standard caveat that you should have said "leftists", not "liberals"):

VERY well said.

B)

AntonToo

I’m laughing hard at you so worried about liberhuls, but at the same time seem to admit that what Trump admin is doing with WHOLESALE denial of congressional sabpoenas is wrong.

When I take a position it because I think IT IS A REASONABLE, FAIR POSITION, and nothing about right wing or left wing or anyone else’s hypocracy or virtue can change that. IT ISN’T PERSONAL.

Bottom line on this thread - what Democrats are doing to streamline adjudication of subpoenas is A PROPER change. Both for Democrats as well as Republicans who will be able to enforce subpoenas better going forward.

GrimV

I’m laughing hard at you so worried about liberhuls, but at the same time seem to admit that what Trump admin is doing with WHOLESALE denial of congressional sabpoenas is wrong.

When I take a position it because I think IT IS A REASONABLE, FAIR POSITION, and nothing about right wing or left wing or anyone else’s hypocracy or virtue can change that. IT ISN’T PERSONAL.

Bottom line on this thread - what Democrats are doing to streamline adjudication of subpoenas is A PROPER change. Both for Democrats as well as Republicans who will be able to enforce subpoenas better going forward.

...oh no, anton's laughing at me. please pardon me while I weep tiny tears of grief into lacy pillows.

Anton, I've tried reasoning with Libs. Believe it or not I have. Both on RN and in real life. But when they're "in power", they have no interest in compromise. They make rules that only benefit Democrats, then laugh themselves silly at "Owning the Cons". But when the rules no longer benefit Democrats, do they live with those rules they created? The rules they themselves created? No. They change the rules.

This has happened repeatedly. And will continue to happen until you learn your lesson.

And yeah, I agree -- a President is not king. Not even President Jesus, when he too ignored a congressional subpoena. But again -- a president is not king, and congress has a duty to keep them in check. But you've given me no reason to join your fight. If the Right capitulates and adopts your new rule, some time down the road when another Democrat is elected president, I absolutely, 100% guarantee you'll go back on your word and change the rules once again.

Because that's what Liberals do.

The line has to be drawn somewhere.

Edited by GrimV

JerryL

LAUGH. OUT. LOUd.

That is a flat out lie. For that to be true you would have had to have been here railing against Obama, Holder, Lynch, HRC, and their ilk when they were ignoring subpoenas, contempt charges, actively destroying evidence, trotting out the « nuclear option. ».

You didn’t, though, did you? You are a lockstep partisan hack. You are incapable of independent thought and have no opinion until it is given to you.

THAT is what a hypocrite looks like. Mirror meet AntonToo.

Edited by JerryL

Buckwheat Jones

What’s objectionable is that democrats expect republicans to follow rules that democrats dont and won’t. So when they grant themselves new powers they don’t have any legitimacy.

That’s the problem.