To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Dem Committees Win New Powers To Investigate Trump

Rate this topic

GrimV

HA!

Here is what I said again, which part is not true?

All the people you quoted HAD A POLITICAL INCENTIVE TO SAY EXACTLY THAT, after all, they were in minority. - THAT IS TRUE.

What did these very people do when they got majority? They EXPANDED on the very same “nuclear option” they were protesting in your quotes to also apply to Supreme Court nominations. - AGAIN, ALL TRUE.

Have you even so much as ATTEMPTED to refute this clear hypocracy? NO.

Have you attempted to refute McConell's hypocracy on SC nominations during election year? NOPE.

How do you explain to yourself being completely unable to directly comment on what you quote?

I explain it as a bad case politico compartmentalization, probably incurable. And this is why I don't even usually go down this road and just stick to very narrow points and facts instead of playing the pointless broad games about which side sucks more.

This is a serious retort?

Do you not understand what I'm saying? I'm asking honestly. Is there a language barrier that needs circumventing? Or do I need to break out the crayons and slowly explain the history of the Nuclear Option, a requirement typically employed with Other_Members of your ilk.

In 2005 Republicans had an opportunity to nuke Democrats, but instead chose to compromise. You know what "compromise" means, right? "Bipartisanship", and all that other hippy crap Democrats tout but never embrace unless it serves their purpose. Yes, Republicans had the upper hand on Democrats, and yet they VOLUNTARILY chose to compromise. Do you know what "voluntarily" means? It means Republicans weren't required to compromise with Democrats, they did so of their own volition.

And how did Democrats repay that spirit of bipartisanship?

In 2013 they nuked the living sh!t out of Republicans, to much praise and fanfare courtesy of our independent media who swears they never take sides.

Meanwhile Mitch McConnell made this prediction: "You’ll regret this. And you may regret this a lot sooner than you think."

Fast forward to 2017 (aka, "a lot sooner than you think"): Democrats, spurred on by Resistance wanks with short memories, blocked Trump at every turn, because Handmaid's Tale or whatever.

So how did Republicans respond? Actually, what would you do, Anton? I'm curious to see if you'll answer honestly. If someone stabbed you in the back following a compromise, would you eagerly compromise again or return the favor in kind?

What would you do? I know what I'd do. I'd have no incentive to compromise again, so why bother? But what would *you* do? Would you be stupid enough to fall for it again, or would you finally learn your lesson?

GrimV

It's incredible, isn't it? Nothing short of incredible.

*Monty shakes head sadly*

:no:

Cognitive Dissonance in all it's glory.

RedSoloCup

Is this Russian logic?

:yes:

This is a serious retort?

Do you not understand what I'm saying? I'm asking honestly. Is there a language barrier that needs circumventing? Or do I need to break out the crayons and slowly explain the history of the Nuclear Option, a requirement typically employed with Other_Members of your ilk.

In 2005 Republicans had an opportunity to nuke Democrats, but instead chose to compromise. You know what "compromise" means, right? "Bipartisanship", and all that other hippy crap Democrats tout but never embrace unless it serves their purpose. Yes, Republicans had the upper hand on Democrats, and yet they VOLUNTARILY chose to compromise. Do you know what "voluntarily" means? It means Republicans weren't required to compromise with Democrats, they did so of their own volition.

And how did Democrats repay that spirit of bipartisanship?

In 2013 they nuked the living sh!t out of Republicans, to much praise and fanfare courtesy of our independent media who swears they never take sides.

Meanwhile Mitch McConnell made this prediction: "You’ll regret this. And you may regret this a lot sooner than you think."

Fast forward to 2017 (aka, "a lot sooner than you think"): Democrats, spurred on by Resistance wanks with short memories, blocked Trump at every turn, because Handmaid's Tale or whatever.

So how did Republicans respond? Actually, what would you do, Anton? I'm curious to see if you'll answer honestly. If someone stabbed you in the back following a compromise, would you eagerly compromise again or return the favor in kind?

What would you do? I know what I'd do. I'd have no incentive to compromise again, so why bother? But what would *you* do? Would you be stupid enough to fall for it again, or would you finally learn your lesson?

:clap:

MontyPython

:coffeenpc:

Oh, and another thing, Anton:

As long as you're going to toss the term "hypocrisy" around like confetti without bothering to learn what it actually means, you could at least learn how to spell it correctly.

<_<

Noclevermoniker

HA!

Here is what I said again, which part is not true?

All the people you quoted HAD A POLITICAL INCENTIVE TO SAY EXACTLY THAT, after all, they were in minority. - THAT IS TRUE.

What did these very people do when they got majority? They EXPANDED on the very same “nuclear option” they were protesting in your quotes to also apply to Supreme Court nominations. - AGAIN, ALL TRUE.

Have you even so much as ATTEMPTED to refute this clear hypocracy? NO.

Have you attempted to refute McConell's hypocracy on SC nominations during election year? NOPE.

How do you explain to yourself being completely unable to directly comment on what you quote?

I explain it as a bad case politico compartmentalization, probably incurable. And this is why I don't even usually go down this road and just stick to very narrow points and facts instead of playing the pointless broad games about which side sucks more.

MORE CAPS, ANTON! WE'LL BELIEVE YOU THEN!!

eta: you still suck more.

Edited by Noclevermoniker

Squirrel

Can we start a go fund me page to buy anton more crayons? I’m thinking he’s smoked or ate his last 64 pack

Tikk

It may need to be also explained to him why it was called "the nuclear option" that Harry Reid invoked.

As opposed to something like the "puppies and sunshine option".

Edited by Tikk

GrimV

MORE CAPS, ANTON! WE'LL BELIEVE YOU THEN!!

eta: you still suck more.

Honestly, I don't think he realizes that Republicans held a majority in 2005.

JerryL

Honestly, I don't think he realizes that Republicans held a majority in 2005.

No doubt about it. Seriously deficient.