To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ticked@TinselTown

Parkland survivor David Hogg says he's been target of 7 'assas

Rate this topic

Howsithangin

I remember once graduating from Harvard was an honor but now that this punk is going to Harvard, it has turned into a laugh

AOC went to Georgetown.

I think we can successfully argue that the idea of an Ivy League education being exceptional is dead. It was already on life support with affirmative action. Now that community service (aka activism), sports and extracurriculars are treated equally (above?) academics in college admissions, the corpse is starting to stink.

It's the mindset of a lot of youth today.

I have a 21 year old grand-daughter who I raised since she was 4 who is

wayyyyyy smarter than I ever was....if you ask her.

While I believe that we all went through that phase, I also believe that it's much, much worse currently with Millennials. They've been coddled since birth and baptized with the notion that they're all so very, very special, and everyone gets a trophy. Their egos have been left to run amok.

Edited by Howsithangin

Joe the Pagan

AOC went to Georgetown.

I think we can successfully argue that the idea of an Ivy League education being exceptional is dead. It was already on life support with affirmative action. Now that community service (aka activism), sports and extracurriculars are treated equally (above?) academics in college admissions, the corpse is starting to stink.

While I believe that we all went through that phase, I also believe that it's much, much worse currently with Millennials. They've been coddled since birth and baptized with the notion that they're all so very, very special, and everyone gets a trophy. Their egos have been left to run amok.

There was a guy a few years ago who wrote a book about getting his child into college. He said at one point that Ivy League colleges are overrated, and there are many 2nd tier colleges with superior programs. The only reason to send you child to an Ivy League college is so you can brag about it at dinner parties.

JerryL

AOC went to Georgetown.

Same <censored>, different day, but she went to Boston University from which she holds a BA (with honors) in economics that semi-prepared her to tend bar.

Edited by JerryL

Howsithangin

There was a guy a few years ago who wrote a book about getting his child into college. He said at one point that Ivy League colleges are overrated, and there are many 2nd tier colleges with superior programs. The only reason to send you child to an Ivy League college is so you can brag about it at dinner parties.

There's a lot of truth in what you say

Dean Adam Smithee

Hogg can say whatever he wants and I don’t doubt that there have been threatening internet postings. But “assassination attempts” is something different entirely. It means actual physical attempts to kill him. Like actual shots fired aiming at him, a knifing attempt aiming at him, a hit-and-run.

And by using the term “assassination attempts”, rather than (mere) "murder attempts", and going by the Merriam-Webster definition of assassination, he apparently perceives himself to be in the same category of person as a "prominent political" leader rather than just some loudmouth putz whose 15 minutes were up long ago. Does he bow towards the nearest mirror when he prays, or what?

"I want to go to school and, for lack of a better word, weaponize my knowledge and learn as much as possible to end violence," he said.

Well, a good start would be learning to stop opening his yap in a way that gives people the urge to do violence to him.

Oh, to be back in my barfighting prime of 30-some years ago (Which BTW was only one county up from his county). These days, I'd have to first put on my glasses to see him clearly enough to smack him upside the head with my cane.

oki

And by using the term “assassination attempts”, rather than (mere) "murder attempts", and going by the Merriam-Webster definition of assassination, he apparently perceives himself to be in the same category of person as a "prominent political" leader rather than just some loudmouth putz whose 15 minutes were up long ago. Does he bow towards the nearest mirror when he prays, or what?

Well, a good start would be learning to stop opening his yap in a way that gives people the urge to do violence to him.

Oh, to be back in my barfighting prime of 30-some years ago (Which BTW was only one county up from his county). These days, I'd have to first put on my glasses to see him clearly enough to smack him upside the head with my cane.

Actually I you would need your glass so you wouldn't miss his skrawny ass. I can understand why he ran from a five foot nothin' 20 year old Coed when she challenged him to an arm wrestling competition. He literally stopped his little speech and walked very very quickly(damn near running) so he would have to face her.

What we leave in the toilet is harder to flush then he is.

Oki

AntiObama

The NRA are advocates for responsible gun ownership.

The DMV are advocates for responsible driving habits.

Hollywood make money off of irresponsible use of guns and driving.

Hogg goes after law abiding citizens because he is a coward and refuses to protest gangs that kill people.

Oathtaker

Parkland survivor David Hogg says he's been target of 7 'assassination attempts'

The Hill - Owen Daugherty - link

<excerpted>

Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg said he has been the target of seven "assassination attempts" in the last year.

The vocal supporter of gun-control legislation detailed his experiences throughout the last 18 months as he went from regular high school student to one of the faces of the school safety movement in an interview with the Washington Post published Tuesday. He was not asked for further details about the threats.

*snip*

Yep, that's some seriously hard hitting journalism on display while helping an irrelevant little pischer to try to capture another fifteen minutes...

Pischer?

More like sitzpinkler....

Joe the Pagan

I wonder if he has been talking to Suey Park.