To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
That_Guy

“You’re Gonna Kill Me”: Body-Cam Footage Shows

Rate this topic

helton

Actually you are not correct. We don't KNOW what was done before the video is presented. Calls don't take 2 minutes, calls take upward of hours to resolve. You rarely show up to any call and spend 2 minutes there. Hell I spent a 5 hours at a call simply to write a report about harassment that will go nowhere.

Again, 1 million contacts with police daily, and you claim it keeps happening. No one died on my shift last night, no one died on any of my shifts as a Sheriff deputy.

Chuckleheads like you are a major problem in our society. You believe that there is a happy ending for all situations, or more realistically as Booker T Washington put it.

That's what you are right there. Wrapped around your grievances, just looking for another cross to climb up on.

You don't have the balls to do a shift as a cop, you couldn't find them if you begged your significant other to pull them out of their bag and give them to you. Instead you want to whimper about how unsafe it is to travel this world as a black person always being stalked by the police. Newsflash genius, over 10,000,000 million black people on the road yesterday were not even looked at by a cop, they weren't pulled over, they weren't run and they weren't bothered. Why? BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T BREAK THE LAW.

You are like the tool that told me there are area's of "over-policing" and "under-policing". As if I patrol based upon the percentage of time I spend in area's where there are rich and poor. Cops are like vampires, if you invite us in your home then someone's going to get bit. Be an idiot, invite a cop in and you might go to jail. Act like an idiot and you might get hurt.

:clap: :clap:

helton

That Guy has no stats to back up anything he says. He just talks about "the culture of bad policing", whatever that means. Even he knows that police are deployed in the neighborhoods that have the highest crime rates.

I have some stats that show why NYC police are deployed as they are - to the neighborhoods with the highest crime rates. From the 2018 NYC police enforcement report for various crimes (https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/stats/reports-analysis/crime-enf.page):

CRIME/ VICTIM/ ARRESTEE

Shootings/ Black (73.3%)/ Black (68.3%)

Hispanic (22.4%)/ Hispanic (28.2%)

White (2.6%)/ White (2.2%)

Murder/ Black (62.6%)/ Black (60.1%)

Hispanic (24.9%)/ Hispanic (33.4%)

White (9.6%)/ White (4.6%)

Rape/ Black (37.4%)/ Black (43.3%)

Hispanic (35.1%) Hispanic (42.4%)

White (19.7%) White (7.2%)

Robbery/ Black (30.6%)/ Black (60.5%)

Hispanic (38.7%)/ Hispanic (30.5%)

White (13.9%)/ White (5.7%)

Does anyone see a pattern here?

Sorry TG. The black community has a crime rate for victims and perps that is much higher than their general population rate. You need to ask your community why that is. The white man has nothing to do with it.

Not for nothing, besides black on black crime being way out of proportion, the out of birth wedlock rate for blacks is 70%. The white man didn't force any black woman to have a baby without being married or being able to provide a stable household for the newborn, either.

The black community is to blame for their overwhelming problems. No one else. I know it hurts to hear that, but the facts are the facts.

As opposed to your fact-free allegations.

Edited by helton

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

What about when there are so many "bad cops" that bad policing becomes ingrained in a particular agency or area?

In part because some jurisdictions have become so inured to bad policing that the people who live and work there have learned to accept it.

Or because their reality is dealing with a culture of bad policing, not just individual "bad cops."

Everyone doesn't have the same kind of relationship with their local law enforcement agency.

How about all of the bad culture caused by the bad behavior of criminals in those neighborhoods? They have nothing to do with it? Maybe that's why they are being policed more?

You always ignore that fact and cry for your beloved criminal thugs as if they are the innocent victims.

I have had many run ins with bad cops in my day, but in my case I was innocent. I'm all for holding bad cops accountable for wronging INNOCENTS no matter what race they are, but the FACT is that a much higher percentage of guilty criminals are black.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Taggart Transcontinental

I ask because you appear to be reducing the lives lost while in police custody to statistics.

I would take issue with that categorization.

You would take issue with any categorization. Stalin said it best, an individual is a tragedy a million are a statistic. Stop being a bad actor and then you won't end up being a statistic.

Have you ever dealt with a coked up person that has a knife to their throat? Have you dealt with a meth head that is violent? I have both, the coke head 2 nights ago. Neither of those individuals died. One is in BMU, the other in jail. The difference? Force, and how it's applied, experience and rationality of the individual in question. And yes, sometimes the competence of the officers / deputies in question. But the for naught, question is always what brought the police there. Did they just decide to kick someone's door in and start acting like oppressors as you like to present it, or did someone bring them there. I had a call where the brother was "assaulting" the sister (both adults) and the father told the 911 operator that he would shoot the brother if it continued. Nothing happened. I got there on my own backup was 10 minutes away and by the time they arrived all was resolved. I wrote a report.

Actually you are not correct. We don't KNOW what was done before the video is presented. Calls don't take 2 minutes, calls take upward of hours to resolve. You rarely show up to any call and spend 2 minutes there. Hell I spent a 5 hours at a call simply to write a report about harassment that will go nowhere.

Again, 1 million contacts with police daily, and you claim it keeps happening. No one died on my shift last night, no one died on any of my shifts as a Sheriff deputy.

Chuckleheads like you are a major problem in our society. You believe that there is a happy ending for all situations, or more realistically as Booker T Washington put it.

That's what you are right there. Wrapped around your grievances, just looking for another cross to climb up on.

You don't have the balls to do a shift as a cop, you couldn't find them if you begged your significant other to pull them out of their bag and give them to you. Instead you want to whimper about how unsafe it is to travel this world as a black person always being stalked by the police. Newsflash genius, over 10,000,000 million black people on the road yesterday were not even looked at by a cop, they weren't pulled over, they weren't run and they weren't bothered. Why? BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T BREAK THE LAW.

You are like the tool that told me there are area's of "over-policing" and "under-policing". As if I patrol based upon the percentage of time I spend in area's where there are rich and poor. Cops are like vampires, if you invite us in your home then someone's going to get bit. Be an idiot, invite a cop in and you might go to jail. Act like an idiot and you might get hurt.

:clap: :welldone:

That Guy has no stats to back up anything he says. He just talks about "the culture of bad policing", whatever that means. Even he knows that police are deployed in the neighborhoods that have the highest crime rates.

I have some stats that show why NYC police are deployed as they are - to the neighborhoods with the highest crime rates. From the 2018 NYC police enforcement report for various crimes (https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/stats/reports-analysis/crime-enf.page):

CRIME/ VICTIM/ ARRESTEE

Shootings/ Black (73.3%)/ Black (68.3%)

Hispanic (22.4%)/ Hispanic (28.2%)

White (2.6%)/ White (2.2%)

Murder/ Black (62.6%)/ Black (60.1%)

Hispanic (24.9%)/ Hispanic (33.4%)

White (9.6%)/ White (4.6%)

Rape/ Black (37.4%)/ Black (43.3%)

Hispanic (35.1%) Hispanic (42.4%)

White (19.7%) White (7.2%)

Robbery/ Black (30.6%)/ Black (60.5%)

Hispanic (38.7%)/ Hispanic (30.5%)

White (13.9%)/ White (5.7%)

Does anyone see a pattern here?

Sorry TG. The black community has a crime rate for victims and perps that is much higher than their general population rate. You need to ask your community why that is. The white man has nothing to do with it.

Not for nothing, besides black on black crime being way out of proportion, the out of birth wedlock rate for blacks is 70%. The white man didn't force any black woman to have a baby without being married or being able to provide a stable household for the newborn, either.

The black community is to blame for their overwhelming problems. No one else. I know it hurts to hear that, but the facts are the facts.

As opposed to your fact-free allegations.

:exactly:

The numbers don't lie.

That_Guy does.

Taggart Transcontinental

The numbers don't lie.

That_Guy does.

That's the real story, he's deflecting from all the bad actors in his clique, they didn't do nuffin!

That_Guy

Yet "this stuff" (by which I assume you mean "losing one's life while in police custody") keeps happening.

In case anyone is truly interested in data regarding deaths in police custody (which would almost be the definition of “bad policing”), here is the link I provided in a previous post.

That_Guy

You don't have the balls to do a shift as a cop, you couldn't find them if you begged your significant other to pull them out of their bag and give them to you.

How is this not a personal attack?

zurg

In case anyone is truly interested in data regarding deaths in police custody (which would almost be the definition of “bad policing”), here is the link I provided in a previous post.

Looking at ONLY your anecdotes from the article, we’re on pace for about 15 deaths in police custody in 2019, there were 14 such reports from 2018, and 16 from 2017.

I didn’t click on each report to see whether they were about different instances or whether your list had some duplicate reports about the same deaths.

All these are regrettable, BUT:

1) at a glance, not all appear the fault of the police, some people had unknown or undisclosed afflictions.

2) where are the statistics of what percentage of the total these are? Individuals matter, but it’s important to begin to understand how good or how bad police custody really was. Statistics are used as a measure of performance over a longer period, a larger set of people. They’re not intended for putting down individuals.

3) now that you’re advocating that individuals matter, maybe you’ll understand how many taxpayers feel or how many people with private health insurance feel. Of course, you will likely say “that’s different “.

Edited by zurg

That's the real story, he's deflecting from all the bad actors in his clique, they didn't do nuffin!

That_Guy

I didn’t click on each report to see whether they were about different instances or whether your list had some duplicate reports about the same deaths.

All these are regrettable, BUT:

1) at a glance, not all appear the fault of the police, some people had unknown or undisclosed afflictions.

2) where are the statistics of what percentage of the total these are? Individuals matter, but it’s important to begin to understand how good or how bad police custody really was. Statistics are used as a measure of performance over a longer period, a larger set of people. They’re not intended for putting down individuals.

If you’re truly interested in finding those answers, you may want to actually read the reports...

zurg

If you’re truly interested in finding those answers, you may want to actually read the reports...

If you truly want people to know, you’ll summarize the results. Why do you always expect people to ask “how high?” when you say “jump!”?

Anyways, you completely didn’t respond to anything I stated. Why? Do you not understand that your behavior is less than nice?

Edited by zurg

USNRETWIFE

Just another clickbait thread to create a black hole of bandwidth...

Yup, here we go again.

Dean Adam Smithee

It is only useful if that is compared to the death rate of people NOT in police custody.

According to Bureau of Justice Statistics Mortality in Local Jails,2000-2014 - Statistical Tables, mortality rate in local jails from ALL causes including suicide and natural causes such as heart disease is 140 per 100,000.

Compare to the CDC's Mortality in the United States, 2017 which puts the overall mortality in the "Standard Population" at 731.9 per 100,000 and 1,083.3 per 100,000 for Black Males.

That is to say, the average person of the type most likely to be in jail - and I don't mean just blacks but criminal types in general - is statistically 5.2 to 7.7 x healthier and safer IN jail than OUT.

That's a staggering statistic. And easy to take wrong. Does it imply that the average person should sacrifice freedom for safety and security? NO, it most certainly DOESN'T. There is a saying: "Ships are safe in harbors. But that's not what ships are for". Likewise with people. But at the same time, there IS the occasional person who, like the occasional ship, NEEDS a "Safe Harbor". (and/or needs to be "Harbored Safely", as the case may be.) That's what the "SYSTEM" is for.

Factor in drug use. This mentally ill guy, by his own admission, was using cocaine rather than his prescribed meds ("self-medicating"?). That's a mortality factor. According to NIH, a "heavy" cocaine user, factoring in all other factors such as age, general health, etc, is 3.4x more likely to die at any given moment than a non-user similarly situated. NIH: Cocaine use and the likelihood of cardiovascular and all-cause mortality: data from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey Mortality Follow-up Study. Who is to say that, given the same scenario but WITHOUT the cops present, this guy wouldn't be dead anyway?

ESPECIALLY, factor in mental illness. The guy was mentally ill enough to have been prescribed meds, but wasn't taking them. I'm not saying he should have necessarily been "institutionalized", but there are also things like group homes, half-way houses, etc.

The SYSTEM killed this mentally-ill guy, not the cops. And that's worth grieving over.

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

- Matthew 25:40-45 New International Version (NIV)

Not a hand-out, but a hand UP.

Edited by Dean Adam Smithee

Shaky McSelfie

You are a piss poor source. Anything you say, do, suggest, or link too, is suspect. You have negative credibility. You’ve earned it over the years.

That_Guy

I have some stats that show why NYC police are deployed as they are - to the neighborhoods with the highest crime rates. From the 2018 NYC police enforcement report for various crimes

What does any of that have to do with the DPD officers who allowed this man, Tony Timpa, to die in their custody?

How about all of the bad culture caused by the bad behavior of criminals in those neighborhoods? They have nothing to do with it? Maybe that's why they are being policed more?

You always ignore that fact and cry for your beloved criminal thugs as if they are the innocent victims.

I have had many run ins with bad cops in my day, but in my case I was innocent. I'm all for holding bad cops accountable for wronging INNOCENTS no matter what race they are, but the FACT is that a much higher percentage of guilty criminals are black.

Same question...

That_Guy

It is only useful if that is compared to the death rate of people NOT in police custody.

I would say a better comparison is people who are taken into custody and DON'T lose their lives.

helton

What does any of that have to do with the DPD officers who allowed this man, Tony Timpa, to die in their custody?

I've already said that any LEO who is found to have acted inappropriately deserves to be held accountable for their actions. Did you not read that or, more likely, does that not fit your agenda? Of course, your agenda is that you hate police and think they're all racists.

I noticed that you had zero comments - as usual - about the NYC facts that I presented which showed that black on black crime is an epidemic in NYC. Police are sent to the areas where the most crime is. That's the black neighborhoods. You can't even acknowledge those facts, so how can anyone have a rational discussion with you about the problems in the black community?

You want the police to be accountable when they act improperly? Fair enough. But, you then refuse to hold the same level of accountability to the black criminal population in NYC since their crime numbers are off the chart compared to their population.

Accountability cuts both ways. You either want full accountability or you don't.

So far, it's a one way street for you.

Buckwheat Jones

How is this not a personal attack?

Maybe it is. Remember...when you invite abuse, it is rude not to accept. I think Tag was just being polite.

🙂

zurg

Good point Adam. I had that in mind to look up as well...like you said, not entirely apples to apples but an important “what are we looking at here” assessment, like we always do in engineering.

That_Guy

I've already said that any LEO who is found to have acted inappropriately deserves to be held accountable for their actions.

What's your reaction to the fact that Dallas County DA John Creuzot dismissed the charges after a grand jury indicted three of the LEO's on the scene that night for misdemeanor deadly conduct?

Taggart Transcontinental

What's your reaction to the fact that Dallas County DA John Creuzot dismissed the charges after a grand jury indicted three of the LEO's on the scene that night for misdemeanor deadly conduct?

Oh you mean like what the prosecutor did in the Smollet case? You mean like what happens daily around the nation? The prosecutor MAY have received further evidence after the grand jury that exonerated the officers, unlike the case of your new hero Kamala Harris who suppressed evidence that would exonerate a innocent man. Prosecutors decide on prosecution all day every day. Here is another one for you, the Cop in Charge of New York has stated he was against the politically motivated findings of the judge that decided the cop should be fired over the Gardner case. So more than likely that officer will be returning to work. What's your reaction to that?!?! Don't break your neck from whiplash.

That_Guy

<bump>

zurg

<bump>

What do you mean, <bump>? You haven answered mine or many other questions. The nerve....