To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

Trump Tweets Supporter’s Claim Jews Love Him ‘Like He’s the King of Is

Rate this topic

Taggart Transcontinental

Yep! DID YOU SEE WHAT HE SAID TODAY!! Good grief!

What did he say today? Its early is he even awake?

JerryL

This is the actual statement from the man. It is not comparing him to the second coming of God. It is not comparing him to anything. It is saying the people in Israel love him like.... That is much different from stating HE IS THE.... Stop interpreting things based on parsing and read the words for yourself.

This is not blasphemy, this is not arrogance. It's just a statement that brings things to a perspective. This was a contrast. The people of Israel love him and the Jewish people in the US hate him. Go figure. The DNC cannot have that because tons of their money COME FROM Jews in the US, when people start realizing the anti-Jewish position of the DNC it's all over. That's what this contrast is all about.

Do you even know what the word "like" means and is used for?

preposition

having the same characteristics or qualities as; similar to.

"he used to have a car like mine"

synonyms: similar to, the same as, identical to

"you're just like a teacher"

in the same way that; as.

"people who change countries like they change clothes"

noun

used with reference to a person or thing of the same kind as another.

"the quotations could be arranged to put like with like"

adjective

(of a person or thing) having similar qualities or characteristics to another person or thing.

"I responded in like manner"

My link

"They love him like he is the second coming of God."

This phrase from the tweet you quote is...wait for it...a COMPARISON.

BTW, and I notice you weren't smart enough to walk back your claim, but my exception to the tweet has to do with exactly two people...the original tweeter for his over the top COMPARISON and President Trump for arrogantly re-tweeting it. It has nothing to do with Jews or Israel or Antisemitism. I challenge you to find just ONE thing I have ever said here that was Antisemitism. ONE.

Good luck!

Edited by JerryL

Taggart Transcontinental

preposition

noun

adjective

(of a person or thing) having similar qualities or characteristics to another person or thing.

My link

BTW, and I notice you weren't smart enough to walk back your claim, but my exception to the tweet has to do with exactly two people...the original tweeter for his over the top COMPARISON and President Trump for arrogantly re-tweeting it. It has nothing to do with Jews or Israel or Antisemitism. I challenge you to find just ONE thing I have ever said here that was Antisemitism. ONE.

Good luck!

What ever.

Moderator T

Really? Is anti-semitism a fake thing? Is it a crime to not like a certain what ever? There are people in our little community that lose their ever loving mind the second there is a positive statement about Israel here. Now you telling me there are not people here that act like that immediately?

Having a problem with Israel's policies doesn't make you an antisemite. I've seen some of our liberals have serious problems with Israel, and I disagree with them, but I'm not putting it down to bigotry. Going further though, the majority of the people in this thread who take issue with the statements here are conservatives. Look, I get that Trump does nothing wrong ever, but damn dude, you don't have to put disagreement with/about the guy down to bigotry. That's a liberal tactic.

Currahee!

Lie.

Thanks for at least pointing to the correct speech.

“The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth. This was the moment - this was the time - when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves, and our highest ideals. Thank you, God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America. “

In context. How is this proclaiming himself God or God-like?

Maybe not God-like but there could have been just a little plagiarism involved.....

Is it me or does pres.Obama’s speech sound strangely like the same speech “pres” Morgan Freeman gave at the end of the movie “Deep Impact” while standing on the steps of the destroyed capital building?

All y’all take a look and get back to me......I mean plagiarism seems to be a fallback for some Democrats.....

JerryL

What ever.

Kind of what I thought.

JerryL

Having a problem with Israel's policies doesn't make you an antisemite. I've seen some of our liberals have serious problems with Israel, and I disagree with them, but I'm not putting it down to bigotry. Going further though, the majority of the people in this thread who take issue with the statements here are conservatives. Look, I get that Trump does nothing wrong ever, but damn dude, you don't have to put disagreement with/about the guy down to bigotry. That's a liberal tactic.

Cult of personality is creepy.

It was creepy with Obama and it is creepy with Trump.

zurg

This is the actual statement from the man. It is not comparing him to the second coming of God. It is not comparing him to anything. It is saying the people in Israel love him like.... That is much different from stating HE IS THE.... Stop interpreting things based on parsing and read the words for yourself.

This is not blasphemy, this is not arrogance. It's just a statement that brings things to a perspective. This was a contrast. The people of Israel love him and the Jewish people in the US hate him. Go figure. The DNC cannot have that because tons of their money COME FROM Jews in the US, when people start realizing the anti-Jewish position of the DNC it's all over. That's what this contrast is all about.

I think that’s a point to consider. It’s true that there’s an actual difference between “loving Trump like he’s the second coming of God” and “Trump is the second coming of God”. This is quite obviously true - the difference being that the first sentence is an “as if” exaggeration, while the second is an equating claim.

But I disagree that it wasn’t arrogant and self serving and thus dumb of Trump to re-tweet them. It was. A side of him I don’t like too much and wish he didn’t do it as much - but I like his actual accomplishments and actions, so I support him anyway.

LongKnife

Hopefully, the writer didn't feel a thrill run up his leg when he mentioned Trump. That kind of thing happened with our last president.

MontyPython

No, it's a leftist tactic.

;)

Mrdirt73

preposition

noun

adjective

My link

Good luck!

The way I read it though is that the comparison is between the amount of love the Israeli people show for him, and the amount of love they'd show to God at the second coming. To me this in no way is comparing Trump himself to the second coming which in my opinion is where it would cross over into blasphemy. If I said that Joel Osteen loves money like it's Jesus, I'm not comparing money to Jesus.