To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Martin

CNN to Host Democrats Town Hall on Homosexual Rights

Rate this topic

Martin

The homosexual pressure group Human Rights Campaign has prevailed on CNN to host a joint appearance by Democrats running for President. The topic is to be homosexual rights.

CNN, Human Rights Campaign To Host LGBTQ Town Hall With 2020 Candidates

By Hayley Miller

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cnn-lgbtq-town-hall_n_5d71145ee4b09bbc9efaa01a

The Human Rights Campaign Foundation announced Wednesday that it’s partnering with CNN to host a 2020 Democratic presidential town hall focused on issues affecting the LGBTQ community. The event, named “Power of Our Pride,” is set to take place at the Novo, a Los Angeles venue, on Oct. 10, the night before the 31st annual National Coming Out Day, the foundation said.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This announcement comes just two days after DNCNN conducted a similar "town hall" (I use scare quotes because this is a joint television appearance with a live audience. It is not a "town meeting" in any sense.) on the subject of global warming and climate change.

What makes the latest announcement worthy of comment is that DNCNN has acceded to the wishes of a pressure group to give their favorite cause a lot of expensive air time. The squeaking wheel gets grease. But, people are different from wheels in that when you grease a wheel the other wheels do not start trying to out-squeak each other. DNCNN cannot conduct a television show of Dem candidates on every pressure group's favorite issue. There are too many of them and the audience would soon grow bored. You might consider statehood for Puerto Rico or legalizing marijuana the most important issue in the campaign but you aren't going to get DNCNN to devote a show to it.

Therefore, my first question is which pressure groups can squeak loud enough to get DNCNN to broadcast a show on their issue and which pressure groups will get short shrift. Is Black Lives Matter, for instance, sufficiently influential to get a Dem candidates show on DNCNN? How about the Committee on American Islamic Relations, CAIR? Or the abortion rights enthusiasts or the gun confiscators or the Medicare For All crowd?

Next question: Are there some issues too hot for DNCNN to broadcast a show about? E.g., illegal immigration or Muslim terrorism. Or is DNCNN desperate enough for ratings that they will air show on anything which attracts eyeballs?

MontyPython

It'll be fabulous!

:coolshades:

Dean Adam Smithee

Well, this will certainly go over well with about 4.5% of the registered voters out there.

Severian

CNN is bending over backwards to help. :whistling:

Martin

I will hazard a guess that DNCNN is most likely to host Dem candidates shows about issues important to journos, who are college-degreed liberals who reside mostly in cities on the East and West Coast. Conversely, I don't expect them to pay much attention to issues important to people in flyover country, like agricultural subsidies and the Mexican invasion. They might or might not host a Dem candidates show about the difficulties of labor unions or single mothers. What I would really like to see and certainly do not expect is a Dem candidates show about one of the fastest-shrinking industries in the whole economy, the MSM.

jr_tex

CNN is bending over backwards to help. :whistling:

Don't ya mean forward? :)

RedSoloCup

CNN?

So like only 2 or 3 people will be watching. :biglaugh:

grimreefer

CNN?

So like only 2 or 3 people will be watching. :biglaugh:

Yeah, but they never have the volume up in the boarding areas.

Squirrel

I saw a post today that sums up gods intent and natural selection. It simply said “gay people need straight people to make more gays.”. It’s a bit crude but a fact straight people don’t need them. I have no opinion on anyone else’s sex life but stfu

Edited by Squirrel

Howsithangin

I'm trying to figure out what rights I don't currently have.

It's a short list:

:shrug:

:zip:

Well, this will certainly go over well with about 4.5% of the registered voters out there.

Less than that, I promise you

Big Dave

Beat me to it!

And doesn't this mean giving Buttigieg a leg up? Or, both legs?

Joe the Pagan

Looks like the love that dare not speak its name won't shut up again.

Ladybird

What are they going to talk about for 3 hours?

Alexis

They have the same rights that everyone else has. Period.

Taggart Transcontinental

Probably what is good and fashionable.

What rights are they missing from the rest of us? Do they want SPECIAL rights that the rest of us aren't allowed to have? They are already fashionable, isn't that enough? And they own like the entire fashion channel on TV.

Tikk

Just swap 'gay' for 'black'

How Trump hates gays.

See?

Martin

If their campaigns up to now are any guide, they will engage in an auction with other people's money.

E.g., Senator Warren filed a bill to allow same-sex married couples to amend their federal income tax returns as far back as ten years to claim deductions they could not claim before the Supreme Court imposed same-sex marriage on the country. Ordinarily, you can only amend your federal income tax returns from three years ago, but Senator Warren wants to extend it for ten years exclusively for same-sex married couples. The amount of money she estimates this would recoup for her Massachusetts constituents is about $55 million.

For her part, Senator Harris wants sex-change surgery subsidized either through government or by requiring medical insurance policies to cover it (at $25,000-$50,000 a chop). She claims that this is not elective surgery, it is a medical necessity for those who want it. This is a gigantic flip-flop for Harris, since as Attorney General of California she argued that the state prison system did not owe sex-change surgery to a pair of incarcerated murderers, on the ground that their health did not suffer because the prison system wasn't willing to castrate them.

Senator "Spartacus" Booker has the weakest record. He says he refused to officiate at any marriages at all when he was Mayor of Newark because his state did not allow same-sex marriages at the time. In my view, when Mayor Booker denied opposite-sex couples among his constituents his assistance in getting married, on the ground that he could not legally marry same-sex couples, he was negligent of his mayoral duty. To hell with him.

Howsithangin

whining about gay marriage, I suppose. Other than that? :shrug:

Edited by Howsithangin

E Van der Vliet

Trump

JerryL

I'm trying to figure out what rights I don't currently have.

It's a short list:

:shrug:

:zip:

Less than that, I promise you

You mean you don’t need a gaggle of leftist morons pandering to you in order to validate your life?

I, for one, am not convinced that you really are homosexual. You are not nearly “needy” enough.

Edited by JerryL

E Van der Vliet

You mean you don’t need a gaggle of leftist morons pandering to you in order to validate your life?

I, for one, am not convinced that you really are homosexual. You are not nearly “needy” enough.

That’s funny. Years ago, on this site, a leftist was surprised I was a conservative. Why was he/she/it surprised? Because at the time I was married to a black women. They just can’t think outside of the tribe group think mentality.

tailgunner

The rights they should have over all others.

Howsithangin

Don't laugh. I once was told that "You can't be one of us if you vote Republican'.

It's not often that I'm left speechless, I assure you. But all that I could muster for about 10 seconds was a WTF facial expression.

Joe the Pagan

Trump

They will leave out the point that Trump was the first Presidential candidate for gay marriage before he ran for President.

JerryL

Don't laugh. I once was told that "You can't be one of us if you vote Republican'.

It's not often that I'm left speechless, I assure you. But all that I could muster for about 10 seconds was a WTF facial expression.

Ahhhhh, the tolerant and inclusive left....

If you tie their line!!!

That’s funny. Years ago, on this site, a leftist was surprised I was a conservative. Why was he/she/it surprised? Because at the time I was married to a black women. They just can’t think outside of the tribe group think mentality.

Like I said to Howsithangin, the tolerant and inclusive left!!