Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

'Meth. We're On It.': South Dakota spends $449K on ne

Rate this topic

Ladybird

'Meth. We're On It.': South Dakota spends $449K on new anti-meth ad campaign

LISA KACZKE | SIOUX FALLS ARGUS LEADER | 1 hour ago

Gov. Kristi Noem has a message for South Dakota: "Meth. We're On It."

Noem launched her new anti-meth campaign on Monday to bring awareness to the meth epidemic in South Dakota that will include a new TV ad, billboards, posters and website. The campaign's motto features the phrase, "Meth. We're on it," over an outline of South Dakota, and the ad and posters feature people of differing in ages and races saying, "I'm on meth."

South Dakota's meth crisis is "growing at an alarming rate" and impacts every community in the state, Noem said in the campaign's public service announcement.

"This is our problem and together, we need to get on it," Noem said.

Broadhead Co., a marketing and ad agency in Minneapolis, created the "Meth. We're On It." campaign. The state's Department of Social Services paid the agency just short of $449,000 this fall, according to the state's finances website, open.sd.gov.

<snip>

Link

:whistle:

Edited by Ladybird

USNRETWIFE

Just asking- what is the snarky whistling.gif for?

This problem is in every state of the Union, not just South Dakota. And it does hit about every community. Since I live in the state, I can say one of the major areas hard hit are the reservations. And guess what? Our local, county and state law enforcement cannot go onto the reservations without a federal or Indian LEO. The reservations are their own nations and are under federal jurisdiction. So, no, it isn't just South Dakota. All 50 states need to stop whistling and try doing something about it.

Ladybird

Just asking- what is the snarkywhistling.gif for?

This problem is in every state of the Union, not just South Dakota. And it does hit about every community. Since I live in the state, I can say one of the major areas hard hit are the reservations. And guess what? Our local, county and state law enforcement cannot go onto the reservations without a federal or Indian LEO. The reservations are their own nations and are under federal jurisdiction. So, no, it isn't just South Dakota. All 50 states need to stop whistling and try doing something about it.

I think the slogan is hilarious.

Taggart Transcontinental

Rolled up a 56 y/o Woman who apparently found 2 different vials of meth along with a meth pipe (used) and she wanted to "throw them away". Woman weighed about 90lbs and was an obvious meth user. On top of that she had back meds in a MnM container (her ex husbands) as well as some MJ. So yeah It's what we are "on". Sadly it's not funny, it's just the worst reality out there for some people. 1 Bad decision marks you for life with that crap.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Yep.

They are on meth alright.

Spent 500 grand on this :bs:

grimreefer

Yeah... somebody didn't think that one through completely. :stooges:

Tikk

To be clear. That's their message. That the Meth epidemic is so pervasive that even people that you wouldn't think are are on it, are "On it".

It's depressing that I have to point that out to you people.

It's not a message that's not thought out .....

Yeah... somebody didn't think that one through completely. :stooges:

Ibid

Edited by Tikk

Wag-a-Muffin (D)

It's a ridiculous (and confusing) waste of money. "Meth. I'm on it," to me means I am a user. And this isn't what the message was intended to mean.

Sheesh.

It's a stupid ad. It's a waste of taxpayers money. And an embarrassment for the State of South Dakota.

you-can-live-in-south-dakota-hed-2015.jpg

Link to AdWeek, South Dakota's Official Ad Campaign

If you like "Meth. I'm On It", you'll love South Dakota's 2015 ad campaign: "Why die on Mars, when you can live in South Dakota?" (It was an actual ad.) South Dakota sets the bar low with a new ad campaign that basically says, "Hey, at least we're not Mars."

Ladybird

It's a ridiculous (and confusing) waste of money. "Meth. I'm on it," to me means I am a user. And this isn't what the message was intended to mean.

Sheesh.

It's a stupid ad. It's a waste of taxpayers money. And an embarrassment for the State of South Dakota.

you-can-live-in-south-dakota-hed-2015.jpg

Link to AdWeek, South Dakota's Official Ad Campaign

If you like "Meth. I'm On It", you'll love South Dakota's 2015 ad campaign: "Why die on Mars, when you can live in South Dakota?" (It was an actual ad.) South Dakota sets the bar low with a new ad campaign that basically says, "Hey, at least we're not Mars."

:lol:

Maybe there’s something in the SD water..

South Dakota pulls 'Don't Jerk and Drive' safety campaign

By COLLEEN KELLY , STAR TRIBUNE

December 12, 2014 - 7:01 PM

South Dakota officials have decided to yank a "Don't Jerk and Drive" safety campaign after a powerful legislator and some members of the public complained about the sexual innuendo in the phrase.

The campaign, intended to raise awareness about the dangers of jerking, or overcorrecting, with a steering wheel while driving on icy roads, was pulled after officials decided that the phrase was too risque and detracted from the serious message of the safety campaign.

<snip>

Link