To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Junto

'No justification:' North Carolina sheriff's deputy fired

Rate this topic

Junto

'No justification:' North Carolina sheriff's deputy fired after caught on video body-slamming child

By Bill Hutchinson

(Link)

(Excerpt)

A sheriff's deputy caught on security video twice body-slamming a child under the age of 12 at a North Carolina middle school was fired on Monday morning and state investigators are deciding whether to file criminal charges against him, officials said.

The deputy's termination is "effective immediately," Vance County, North Carolina, Sheriff Curtis Brame told ABC station WTVD in Durham, North Carolina.

The disturbing incident occurred on Thursday at the Vance County Middle School in Henderson, about 40 miles northeast of Durham.

The deputy's name has not been released.

In the school surveillance video, the deputy, a school resource officer, is seen walking with the child down a hallway when suddenly he lunges at the boy, lifts him off the ground and slams him to the floor on his back. Without checking the child for injuries, the deputy picks the student up again and throws him to the floor a second time and drags him down the hall and out of the view of the camera, according to the footage.

Brame said that after viewing the video, he placed the deputy on paid leave of absence and called in the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation to launch a use-of-force probe.

Vance County District Attorney Mike Waters said the boy, whose name was not released, suffered minor injuries.

---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUaxRS1Pe-0

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Kid must have smarted off to the deputy, but this was way over the line.

He should go to jail for this crap.

This is why I'm glad that there are cameras around to catch this. It always used to be our word against the cops and nobody used to believe anyone's word against the cops, especially the courts and news media back in the day.

I know from personal experience.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Junto

I'm always surprised that in this day and age with all the cameras in a place like this, people still lose their cool and do these things. No matter how you feel about whether you should smack the kid in the mouth or not - you are on camera, so maybe don't?

Coincidentally, this is how I'd want to treat some of these school bullies if they were especially bad towards one of my kids. I most likely still wouldn't do it.

Edited by Junto

Taggart Transcontinental

Yeah, what the hell? This guy went a bit crazy there. That's just plain stupid. Not even sure what this guy was thinking with regards to use of force.

Now though what is the "rest of the story" on this one? What would have triggered this reaction?

Edited by Taggart Transcontinental

Ladybird

Jerk. I don't care what the kid said to him. Take his little smart mouth to the principals office, get a cup of coffee, and be grateful he's not your kid.

Moderator T

Yeah, what the hell? This guy went a bit crazy there. That's just plain stupid. Not even sure what this guy was thinking with regards to use of force.

Now though what is the "rest of the story" on this one? What would have triggered this reaction?

Honestly it doesn't matter. He wasn't fighting, he wasn't fleeing, he wasn't trying to pull a weapon. I can't think of anything the kid could have said or done on that video or before it to justify it.

NH Populist

That's probably a cement floor he's bouncing the kid off, it's surprising there weren't any broken bones. Resource Officer, eh? From Hell...

Buckwheat Jones

Jerk. I don't care what the kid said to him. Take his little smart mouth to the principals office, get a cup of coffee, and be grateful he's not your kid.

That’s what I’d do. Oh yeah. I’d also start picking out my new jailhouse nickname. Like Tiny. Or Stupid.

tailgunner

Honestly it doesn't matter. He wasn't fighting, he wasn't fleeing, he wasn't trying to pull a weapon. I can't think of anything the kid could have said or done on that video or before it to justify it.

Think the "N" word without the "AR" at the end.

Taggart Transcontinental

Oh believe me I am not justifying the reaction, I just want to know the FULL STORY. I am tired of 1 sided reporting. When I write any police report, I get as much information that is available and try to shape as much as possible what happened. The media wants to shape perspective, they don't want to get to the bottom of the situation. That's been the problem with our media for at least 5 generations.

Junto

Oh believe me I am not justifying the reaction, I just want to know the FULL STORY. I am tired of 1 sided reporting. When I write any police report, I get as much information that is available and try to shape as much as possible what happened. The media wants to shape perspective, they don't want to get to the bottom of the situation. That's been the problem with our media for at least 5 generations.

I too am curious what it was that caused him to throw a lot of his quality of life close to retirement away over a small child. There is a story within a story there.

oki

This is painful to watch. I can accept that the kid was a un disciplined little sh$t who mouthed off, sure. BUT, dear God, that CHILD looked like he was knocked un conscious! Or damn near so at least. And then this P.O.S. does it a second time? Part of being in a position of power means you must have the ability to keep your cool, and, at least as a Cop respond only with an appropriate level of force. Good God, under any other circumstance that would be assault of a child and the person would be in jail already. This is a case where to hell with jail time, just let the kids next of kin have this S.O.B. in a locked room for a couple minutes. See how he likes getting his fat ass slammed like that a few times.

This is painful to watch. I can accept that the kid was a un disciplined little sh$t who mouthed off, sure. BUT, dear God, that CHILD looked like he was knocked un conscious! Or damn near so at least. And then this P.O.S. does it a second time? Part of being in a position of power means you must have the ability to keep your cool, and, at least as a Cop respond only with an appropriate level of force. Good God, under any other circumstance that would be assault of a child and the person would be in jail already. This is a case where to hell with jail time, just let the kids next of kin have this S.O.B. in a locked room for a couple minutes. See how he likes getting his fat ass slammed like that a few times.

Alexis

He needs to be prosecuted to the max!

ASE

Actually, he needs a real intense beat-down. That will remind him of his need for actual restraint, and enlighten him to what the kid must have experienced.