To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

White House defends Trump as 'counter-puncher' after he sugges

Rate this topic

Ladybird

White House defends Trump as 'counter-puncher' after he suggests late Michigan congressman in hell

Dec 19, 2019, 10:30 AM ET

After President Donald Trump lashed out against a Michigan congresswoman for supporting his impeachment -- sarcastically suggesting that her deceased husband may be in hell -- the White House press secretary said on ABC's "Good Morning America" Thursday that, while she was "very, very sorry" for the congresswoman's loss, Trump was a "counter-puncher" who was "under attack."

As he became the third president in U.S. history to be impeached on Wednesday night, Trump told supporters at a campaign rally in Michigan that Rep. Debbie Dingell, a Democrat -- whom he referred to mockingly as “a real beauty” – had called him shortly after her husband, the long-serving Rep. John Dingell, had died, to thank him for being supportive.

"She calls me up," Trump said of Dingell, who was voting for his impeachment while he spoke. "'It’s the nicest thing that’s ever happened, thank you so much, John would be so thrilled. He’s looking down, he’d be so thrilled. Thank you so much, sir.' I said, that’s okay, don’t worry about it. Maybe he’s looking up, I don’t know. I don't know. I don’t know. Maybe. Maybe. But let’s assume he’s looking down."

Asked by ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos in an interview on "Good Morning America" Thursday morning why she thought made those remarks, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said that Trump had been "under attack."

"You'd have to talk to the president about that," Grisham said. "He was at a political rally. He has been under attack, and under impeachment attack, for the last few months, and then just under attack politically for the last two-and-a-half years. I think that as we all know, the president is a counter-puncher."

<snip>

Link

Counter punching the dead..

Taggart Transcontinental

Triggered much, Agenda-Bird?

Don't worry you will have much to be triggered about in the coming days as Trump speaks his mind over and over.

r12driver

Liberal tears nourish me.

firecoco

1068190.jpg

MontyPython

Here we go again.

First and foremost, let there be no mistake later in the thread: I AGREE it was a dumb, rude, unnecessarily mean thing to say. Is that perfectly clear?

But as usual, I just can't get myself all worked up over it.

Meh.

B)

Ladybird

Don't worry you will have much to be triggered about in the coming days as Trump speaks his mind over and over.

Nope. People keep talking about a “new low”, but it’s just more from the same gutter.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

White House defends Trump as 'counter-puncher' after he suggests late Michigan congressman in hell

After President Donald Trump lashed out against a Michigan congresswoman for supporting his impeachment -- sarcastically suggesting that her deceased husband may be in hell -- the White House press secretary said on ABC's "Good Morning America" Thursday that, while she was "very, very sorry" for the congresswoman's loss, Trump was a "counter-puncher" who was "under attack."

As he became the third president in U.S. history to be impeached on Wednesday night, Trump told supporters at a campaign rally in Michigan that Rep. Debbie Dingell, a Democrat -- whom he referred to mockingly as “a real beauty” – had called him shortly after her husband, the long-serving Rep. John Dingell, had died, to thank him for being supportive.

"She calls me up," Trump said of Dingell, who was voting for his impeachment while he spoke. "'It’s the nicest thing that’s ever happened, thank you so much, John would be so thrilled. He’s looking down, he’d be so thrilled. Thank you so much, sir.' I said, that’s okay, don’t worry about it. Maybe he’s looking up, I don’t know. I don't know. I don’t know. Maybe. Maybe. But let’s assume he’s looking down."

Asked by ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos in an interview on "Good Morning America" Thursday morning why she thought made those remarks, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said that Trump had been "under attack."

"You'd have to talk to the president about that," Grisham said. "He was at a political rally. He has been under attack, and under impeachment attack, for the last few months, and then just under attack politically for the last two-and-a-half years. I think that as we all know, the president is a counter-puncher."

<snip>

Link

So what?

If his bitch wife doesn't like it, then she should keep her <censored>ing mouth shut.

She threw her hat into the ring and took a swing first, so expect to get punched back.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Nope. People keep talking about a “new low”, but it’s just more from the same gutter.

You and your party ought to know about living in the gutter?

NH Populist

Living in it? They INVENTED it!

Taggart Transcontinental

Nope. People keep talking about a "new low", but it's just more from the same gutter.

Says a supporter of a party that used a Constitutional process to undo an election. Get over yourself and your outrage. It's going to be a very long long 5 years for you.

Taggart Transcontinental

So what?

If his bitch wife doesn't like it, then she should keep her <censored>ing mouth shut.

She threw her hat into the ring and took a swing first, so expect to get punched back.

Remember the seat she is sitting in was her hubby's daddys seat before he dropped dead in it. Then she got it. She believes she's royalty. Newsflash, we don't have royalty.

Daddy took the seat originally in 1933

Dead Dingell took it in 1955 and dropped dead in 2015.

She sashayed into the seat in 2015 and will likely hold it until she drops dead.

This isn't the way our founders thought of Congress. You aren't supposed to pass that seat to the next generation. This isn't a friggin royal position.

Rot in piece Dingells and may she be the last dingleberry to occupy that seat.

Edited by Taggart Transcontinental

Ladybird

Remember the seat she is sitting in was her hubby's daddys seat before he dropped dead in it. Then she got it. She believes she's royalty. Newsflash, we don't have royalty.

Daddy took the seat originally in 1933

Dead Dingell took it in 1955 and dropped dead in 2015.

She sashayed into the seat in 2015 and will likely hold it until she drops dead.

This isn't the way our founders thought of Congress. You aren't supposed to pass that seat to the next generation. This isn't a friggin royal position.

Rot in piece Dingells and may she be the last dingleberry to occupy that seat.

She was elected to that seat. Take it up with her constituents.

Truly vile.

Dutch13

Here we go again.

First and foremost, let there be no mistake later in the thread: I AGREE it was a dumb, rude, unnecessarily mean thing to say. Is that perfectly clear?

But as usual, I just can't get myself all worked up over it.

Meh.

B)

Why does Trump have to be such a damn a-hole at every opportunity? He needs EVERY single vote he can get in states like Michigan.

I think that Donald Trump proves each and every day what a piece of human garbage he is.

Unfortunately, that piece of human garbage has been a decent President.

Living in it? They INVENTED it!

Yes......and then Trump bought it and slapped a big TRUMP on the side.

MontyPython

Says a supporter of a party that used a Constitutional process to undo an election. Get over yourself and your outrage. It's going to be a very long long 5 years for you.

Correction - Attempted to use a Constitutional process to undo an election. And not only will it fail miserably, it will actually backfire in the long run; Their own utterly corrupt actions have virtually guaranteed Trump's re-election.

:woohoo:

Taggart Transcontinental

Truly vile.

Yeah what is truly vile is this sad sack family of parasites have been harming Michigan for almost 100 years.

Truly clueless agenda-bird.

Taggart Transcontinental

Correction - Attempted to use a Constitutional process to undo an election. And not only will it fail miserably, it will actually backfire in the long run; Their own utterly corrupt actions have virtually guaranteed Trump's re-election.

:woohoo:

Ahhh! I sit corrected. I forgot for one split second that 1/2 of 1/3 of our government disagrees with the other 1/2 of our government. Wanna bet she's holding that document until she can pass it on to the new senate majority leader chucky schumer?

MontyPython

Why does Trump have to be such a damn a-hole at every opportunity? He needs EVERY single vote he can get in states like Michigan.

I think that Donald Trump proves each and every day what a piece of human garbage he is.

I think it's easily explained: For so many years...decades, even...everybody had to pussyfoot around all day like walking on eggshells. Pretty much everything somehow offended somebody. If you disagreed with Obama about anything (or any other black person) you were automatically a racist. If you disagreed with any female about anything you were automatically a sexist. If you dared whisper a slightly off-color joke to your buddy at work and a woman happened to overhear, it was "sexual assault". You didn't dare say "Merry Christmas" or put up a nativity scene in a store without being branded "intolerant" or whatever. And as you know, a list like this can go on for miles. I've by no means exhausted the available examples.

Well now I guess the pendulum has swung the other way. That's really all there is to it; Nothing complicated or difficult to understand. People are SO sick & tired of all those eggshell "PC" years that the inevitable reaction has gone beyond merely not caring about being ultra-polite all the time - Nope, the pendulum has swung so far to the opposite extreme that many actually enjoy a public figure being rude and impolite and such. The attitude basically boils down to "Don't like it? FU. Haw haw haw."

Me, I disagree. Me, I still wish he'd grow up, emotionally, grow a thicker skin, choose his battles more carefully...and for God's sake somebody take away his phone and close his Twitter account. But I still understand why those I just described above (the "FU" crowd) feel the way they do. In my younger years I'd have been right there with them.

B)

Edited by MontyPython

RedSoloCup

<snip>

Link

:crybaby2:

:exactly:

So what?

:yes:

Me too exactly!

1068190.jpg

:biglaugh:

Your boy toy Barry was an expert at that, toots.

Yeah what is truly vile is this sad sack family of parasites have been harming Michigan for almost 100 years.

Truly clueless agenda-bird.

:yes:

Truly vile.

:crybaby2:

:clap:

NH Populist

Nope. People keep talking about a new low, but its just more from the same gutter.

LB, it's comical, the faux outrage you exhibit over the cheap shots Trump takes at his attackers. Practically every news outlet takes cheap shots at him every single day , yet none of it ever gets mentioned by you. It speaks to your lack of credibility on the subject and why these outbursts of yours ring hollow, a little consistency would be nice...

Edited by NH Populist

Ladybird

LB, it's comical, the faux outrage you exhibit over the cheap shots Trump takes at his attackers. Practically every news outlet takes cheap shots at him every single day , yet none of it ever gets mentioned by you. It speaks to your lack of credibility on the subject and why these outbursts of yours ring hollow, a little consistency would be nice...

John Dingell attacked him?

How?

Edited by Ladybird

LeansToTheRight

It was a poor attempt at humor. It was dumb. Yes, it's further indication that Trump is an ass. But it's not like he went on and on about Dead Dingbell in a negative way. He took one quick pot shot about him "maybe looking up" but said at least a couple of times "he's probably looking down". So this is another big non-story but the lefties have unfortunately latched onto it. That's the biggest issue I have with Trump saying what he said - knowing how much negative airtime it will get. Especially at this time when we're fighting for our Constitution. So this is yet another nothing-burger from the cry-me-a-river crowd.

Magic Rat

Yes......and then Trump bought it and slapped a big TRUMP on the side.

Wait! Trump said something obnoxious and stupid! Are you also finally going admit you don't like Trump? You've been so vague about it so far...

You know, after you called Trump and his supporters NAZI's, you have no moral ground to point fingers at anybody about someone else acting like a "damn a-hole", when making nasty comments about others. Virtually none of your predictions came true and your hysterics proved be exactly that. A man with the integrity he expects from NAZI's would be embarrassed but not you. Every few weeks, you pop your pointed little head up and act righteous, when in reality, you are no better than anyone else.

Phony outrage is such a joke.

Edited by Magic Rat

MontyPython

It was a poor attempt at humor. It was dumb. Yes, it's further indication that Trump is an ass. But it's not like he went on and on about Dead Dingbell in a negative way. He took one quick pot shot about him "maybe looking up" but said at least a couple of times "he's probably looking down". So this is another big non-story but the lefties have unfortunately latched onto it. That's the biggest issue I have with Trump saying what he said - knowing how much negative airtime it will get. Especially at this time when we're fighting for our Constitution. So this is yet another nothing-burger from the cry-me-a-river crowd.

Very well said.

:clap:

Dutch13

If Barack Obama had said that Ronald Reagan was looking up (from hell) , most Americans would correctly be enraged.

Magic Rat

If Barack Obama had said that Ronald Reagan was looking up (from hell) , most Americans would correctly be enraged.

I'd simply take a lesson from you. I'd call him a NAZI, accuse him of molesting his daughter and hysterically claim that he will lock up reporters who disagree with him in jail.