To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

White House defends Trump as 'counter-puncher' after he sugges

Rate this topic

MontyPython

Aw drat, looks like the grandson isn't gonna be able to come over after all.

:(

Ladybird

Before he died obviously, but he had no issue insulting Trump. "Take two running leaps and go straight to hell" is one of his attacks on Trump

Ah. Had to look it up. In response to Trump saying he wouldn’t want to be in foxhole with McCain and others, he tweeted.

“On behalf of so many of my fellow veterans: Please take two running jumps and go to hell, Mr. Trump,” Dingell wrote.

Ouch. Guess he never got over it.

Magic Rat

That is your opinion. Others can disagree, and I do.

You don't have to admit it or even realize it. You are so consumed by hate for him and his voters, anything he does gets you foaming anyway. Either way, any discussion about it with you or Dutch is worthless.

Ladybird

Nice dodge...

Interesting choice of words.

How is it a dodge? The man is dead, right? Trump is complaining about all he supposedly did for the widow, that he should elicit blind loyalty.

No it should not.

Ladybird

You don't have to admit it or even realize it. You are so consumed by hate for him and his voters, anything he does gets you foaming anyway. Either way, any discussion about it with you or Dutch is worthless.

Because any view that doesn’t align with yours is phony.

Magic Rat

Because any view that doesnt align with yours is phony.

Anyone who claims to be outraged over something so trivial is lying and therefore phony.

You're not truly concerned about this. It is your knee-jerk response to everything since you didn't get your way in Novermber of 2016. If you saw you are, you are lying.

Edited by Magic Rat

Dutch13
1576792804[/url]' post='685632080']

:coffeenpc:

Oh and by the way Dutch, concerning this specific comment:

No, that's incorrect. His exact words were "Maybe he's looking up. I don't know". So at the very most he suggested Dingell might be in Hell, but he didn't know one way or the other. That's what he actually said, and if you can't acknowledge it, then you're being intellectually dishonest.

Look, I know you hate it when I take people's words literally and explain in careful detail why they didn't actually mean what his enemies proclaim them to mean. We've butted heads plenty of times over the "grabbing pussy" statement. Well sorry, but I'm still a firm believer that words have meanings, and must be used and interpreted accordingly.

That is naive. A ten year old could have watched him and known exactly what he was implying. His body language, tone, and cadence all play a roll in communication.

Edited by Dutch13

Ladybird

Anyone who claims to be outraged over something so trivial is lying and therefore phony.

You're not truly concerned about this. It is your knee-jerk response to everything since you didn't get your way in Novermber of 2016. If you saw you are, you are lying.

This man is my president. Don't tell me what I feel (or should) about his words. Your smug dismissal of any opinion that differs from yours is annoying, but predictable at this point.

edt

Edited by Ladybird

Magic Rat

This man is my president. Don't tell me what I feel (or should) about his words. You're smug dismissal of any opinion that differs from yours is annoying, but predictable at this point.

So be annoyed. Is it tough being a martyr?

NH Populist

Interesting choice of words.

How is it a dodge? The man is dead, right? Trump is complaining about all he supposedly did for the widow, that he should elicit blind loyalty.

No it should not.

The dodge is your refusal to acknowledge Trump gets a lot more in the way of petty attacks than he gives. The widow voted to impeach after she had thanked him profusely for helping her get elected. Unless you know something that was missing in Schiff's impeachment inquiry, she voted to impeach him on what grounds?!

Edited by NH Populist

NH Populist

I bet your grandparents are looking up at you with pride in defending Donald Trump.*

And this isn't a cheap shot?!

MontyPython

That is naive. A ten year old could have watched him and known exactly what he was implying. His body language, tone, and cadence all play a roll in communication.

Wow, really? I'm really sorry to read that. I expected better from you, Dutch. You WANT so badly to condemn him you simply can't be honest about what he actually said. (You did the same with the "pussy" thing.) You claimed AND I QUOTE: "Trump said that John Dingell is in hell. No, the words didn't come out of his mouth. If you want to argue he didn't say it, then you are being intellectually dishonest."

Sorry, but you were the one who deliberately dragged intellectual dishonesty into it, and the indisputable fact remains that in order to be intellectually honest you must admit that is NOT what he said. Yes, it's 100% true any ten-yr-old knows what he said and what he meant: It was a stupid, rude, unnecessary joke that Dingell might be in Hell, looking up. But the facts remain:

He said "looking down" more than once without any caveats or disclaimers. i.e. can be honestly interpreted as "Dingell is definitely in Heaven".

He said "MAYBE" looking up, once only, and was obviously attempting to joke. i.e. can not be honestly interpreted as "Dingell is definitely in Hell".

Sorry Dutch, you're just plain wrong this time. Yes, it was a damn dumb thing to say, and I wish he hadn't said it. But your claim that "Trump said that John Dingell is in hell" just plain IS NOT TRUE.

B)

ASE

Considering how the dems acted during the Paul Wellstone, and Elijah Cummings funerals, their whining about anything being disrespectful to the dead is merely :bs:

LeansToTheRight

If Barack Obama had said that Ronald Reagan was looking up (from hell) , most Americans would correctly be enraged.

In a vacuum, yes. Because that’s not how Barack Obama normally behaves. It would be out of character. But this was an attempt at humor - which we know from past examples of similar comments in similar settings - nothing more. Trump is an ass, but this isn’t a major issues some people are trying to make it out to be.

gravelrash

Considering how the dems acted during the Paul Wellstone, and Elijah Cummings funerals, their whining about anything being disrespectful to the dead is merely :bs:

The fact that Cummings was on his deathbed and it went unreported for a month. It's who they are and the lengths and depths and deceptions that they will go to secure and abuse power.

Dutch13
1576800281[/url]' post='685632103']

Wow, really? I'm really sorry to read that. I expected better from you, Dutch. You WANT so badly to condemn him you simply can't be honest about what he actually said. (You did the same with the "pussy" thing.) You claimed AND I QUOTE: "Trump said that John Dingell is in hell. No, the words didn't come out of his mouth. If you want to argue he didn't say it, then you are being intellectually dishonest."

Sorry, but you were the one who deliberately dragged intellectual dishonesty into it, and the indisputable fact remains that in order to be intellectually honest you must admit that is NOT what he said. Yes, it's 100% true any ten-yr-old knows what he said and what he meant: It was a stupid, rude, unnecessary joke that Dingell might be in Hell, looking up. But the facts remain:

He said "looking down" more than once without any caveats or disclaimers. i.e. can be honestly interpreted as "Dingell is definitely in Heaven".

He said "MAYBE" looking up, once only, and was obviously attempting to joke. i.e. can not be honestly interpreted as "Dingell is definitely in Hell".

Sorry Dutch, you're just plain wrong this time. Yes, it was a damn dumb thing to say, and I wish he hadn't said it. But your claim that "Trump said that John Dingell is in hell" just plain IS NOT TRUE.

B)

“No, the words did not come out of his mouth”. Sure, a lawyer can argue your point all day long and be exactly correct. You and I both know exactly what he meant and exactly why he said it.

Really funny to a family that just lost him last year and have another family member in hospice. That funny old Donald Trump....what a jokester he is.

We will be having a similar discussion many more times over the years because President Trump is an a-hole that attacks the weak. We have many examples and he will give us many more.

Dutch13
1576807477[/url]' post='685632126']

In a vacuum, yes. Because that's not how Barack Obama normally behaves. It would be out of character. But this was an attempt at humor - which we know from past examples of similar comments in similar settings - nothing more. Trump is an ass, but this isn't a major issues some people are trying to make it out to be.

You are right......but taking potshots at dead people and their families IS perfectly in character for President Trump. That is a pathetic thing to have to admit.

Dutch13
1576799313[/url]' post='685632101']

And this isn't a cheap shot?!

You tell me. Isn’t it just being tough and counter punching? This morning, I would have said it was beneath contempt......this afternoon, everyone has been excusing it.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

“No, the words did not come out of his mouth”. Sure, a lawyer can argue your point all day long and be exactly correct. You and I both know exactly what he meant and exactly why he said it.

Really funny to a family that just lost him last year and have another family member in hospice. That funny old Donald Trump....what a jokester he is.

We will be having a similar discussion many more times over the years because President Trump is an a-hole that attacks the weak. We have many examples and he will give us many more.

:dramaqueen:

Buckwheat Jones

Nope. People keep talking about a “new low”, but it’s just more from the same gutter.

You put him there. Sorry that you did?

MontyPython

In.Cred.Ib.Le.

OK Dutch. Wow. And you were the one who interjected the issue of intellectual dishonesty??

I'm seriously disappointed. I guess maybe everybody else IS right that trying to engage you in honest debate is pointless.

Damn. Seriously disappointed.

<_<

LeansToTheRight

You are right......but taking potshots at dead people and their families IS perfectly in character for President Trump. That is a pathetic thing to have to admit.

And......?

I’ve already said he’s an ass for doing this. But that’s his character. He’s an ass. He’s an ass that was single-handedly taking on the slimy Dems, has the economy humming, and gaining support in the polls by the minute. I will gladly vote for him again despite him being an ass.

LeansToTheRight

You tell me. Isn’t it just being tough and counter punching? This morning, I would have said it was beneath contempt......this afternoon, everyone has been excusing it.

Excusing it? Nobody has said it was a positive comment. Literally everyone has said it was bad taste. Should we impeach him for being an ass? What do you want out of this? Move on, man.

LeansToTheRight

We will be having a similar discussion many more times over the years because President Trump is an a-hole that attacks the weak.

Why do you think the politicians are weak? That’s a really strange commen and assumption to make.

Noclevermoniker

Nope. People keep talking about a “new low”, but it’s just more from the same gutter.

Yeah, living rent free under your weave. How do you manage day to day? Or have you scammed disability yet?