To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

White House defends Trump as 'counter-puncher' after he sugges

Rate this topic

Noclevermoniker

You are right......but taking potshots at dead people and their families IS perfectly in character for President Trump. That is a pathetic thing to have to admit.

No more pathetic than ‘nice’ losers like McCain and Romney.

I don’t expect George Patton was a charming, genteel dinner guest, either. But he was a winner.

Trump loves this country and the people in it. He’s doing right by that, unlike swarmy backstabbers.

zurg

There is a difference between being tough and not taking it from the democrats.......and then there is Trump being a piece of human garbage that the masses cheer on. Trump acts like he is still the character he played in the WWF/ WWE. He is living in their ATTITUDE era.

I don’t think this is accurate the way it’s stated. Or you need to explain more thoroughly, like Monty said, words and phrases have meanings.

The way I understand your writing above (simply being factual from my reading comprehension viewpoint) is that Trump is a piece of human garbage much, most, or all of the time. And that the masses constantly cheer him on to be like that, and in those masses are many or most people who post here.

That’s absolute hyperbole, and demonstrably untrue. If that’s NOT what you meant but intended to say that occasionally Trump behaves like a piece of human garbage, then that’s what you should have said. I would still disagree with the “piece of human garbage” description, and say he’s being hyper sensitive or childish, but I would agree with the frequency that it’s occasional and not continuous.

Now, if you are unhappy with my understanding of what you stated, and if you think that I should give you leeway because you didn’t mean that Trump is constantly a piece of human garbage, just say so and I’ll be fine with that. However, I’ll then point out that you must therefore give Trump the same latitude, and not presume everything he says to mean what you think it means, but wait for an explanation.

(BTW, this is a non-trivial point. Trump is being impeached over one phrase where he stated “do us a favor”. It now means what democrats claim it means even though both Trump and Zelensky tell them it doesn’t mean what they claim. Explanations not allowed!!! Impeach!!)

JerryL

He was making an attempt at a joke. As often the case with his jokes, they are pretty unfunny, in poor taste, and should have remained in his head instead of coming out of his mouth.

I, like Monty, wish that he would simply stop saying stupid <censored> like this. That being said, he is the product of the left's lowering the state of discourse in the country, embracing every deviancy known to man and those not yet invented, and their constant divisiveness. Get over it. You built this playing field. Don't bitch about having to play on it.

That_Guy

Mhe is the product of the left's lowering the state of discourse in the country, embracing every deviancy known to man and those not yet invented, and their constant divisiveness

This “product” bears the Republican brand.

There is no escaping the fact that your party has embraced and celebrated Trump’s takeover.

NH Populist

There is no escaping the fact that your party has embraced and celebrated Trump’s takeover.

Yes, after watching the country circling the drain during Obama's 8 year takeover, Trump's a refreshing change... :thumbsup:

Taggart Transcontinental

So of course, it is perfectly acceptable for the President of the United States to suggest that he is in hell.

BTW, why was he a leach?

I bet your grandparents are looking up at you with pride in defending Donald Trump.*

Have you ever read Dante's Inferno? Its about a public figure lambasting his political and personal rivals indicating which level of hell and what tortures they are undergoing on those levels. Personally I don't give a damn about what Trump feels. I care about what the American people are feeling under Trump. For the first time in a LONG time jobs are increasing, wages are increasing and people's outlook on the economy is growing.

His personal feelings about a leach that sat in the halls of Congress for 60 years? I don't care. Oh and unlike you and I, he probably knows the SOB personally since he ran around in those circles. SO who cares.

As far as the dead in my family? They got their own problems, as do I. So their opinions of my actions or thoughts is theirs. I can't care any less.

Taggart Transcontinental

I have no idea what you mean about "get back in the game" *.

He's telling you to pull your head out of your fourth point of contact and focus on the important measures. Stop being a petulant child.

RedSoloCup

:biglaugh:

Straight into the wind!

No more pathetic than ‘nice’ losers like McCain and Romney.

I don’t expect George Patton was a charming, genteel dinner guest, either. But he was a winner.

Trump loves this country and the people in it. He’s doing right by that, unlike swarmy backstabbers.

:exactly:

Yes, after watching the country circling the drain during Obama's 8 year takeover, Trump's a refreshing change... :thumbsup:

He's telling you to pull your head out of your fourth point of contact and focus on the important measures. Stop being a petulant child.

Moderator T

Of course they have - in response to the left's nonstop vile attacks. Every Republican who's ever run for or been elected President in the last four decades has been labeled one variation of stupid/moron/idiot by the left and their media allies. Bush Jr? Dummy that looks like a monkey. Bush Sr.? Old out of touch dummy. Quayle? Dummy who can't spell. Reagan? Old senile dummy. Ford? Clumsy dummy. The only real deviation was Rommey who was instead branded as evil, heartless, racist, out of touch, and bent on the destruction of the middle and lower classes at all cost. Anything the right says is immediately smeared as racist or otherwise bigoted by the left and their media allies and members of the right spend a great deal of time apologizing for imagined or outright fabricated slights. The left has cried wolf so many times that now that the Republicans have elected someone you likely do believe is a racist idiot, no one's buying your crap.

You can deflect and pretend the left had nothing to do with this, but much like everything else you peddle: you're wrong.

Taggart Transcontinental

Were you not an adult 4 years ago? You shouldn't be held up to the standards you self-righteously hold others to? You never took them back. You never apologized, therefore one can safely assume you still hold that kind of contempt for half the voters in this country and the vast majority of members of this site. Why should I take your objections seriously? You are obviously a hypocrite.

I knew my grandparents and I even have told stories about them to a few on this site. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they were forced to look up at me now.

As for the bolded: you're a <censored>ing liar. I don't defend him when he's being obnoxious. I point it out. You can clearly see that if you weren't such an hysteric. I also don't get myself worked up with phony righteous anger over his petty bull<censored> and that is exactly what this is.

I defend him, and you know why? Every time they attacked Reagan they called him an idiot, incapable of making the big decisions. He's going to get us into a war, etc. Reagan responded in his own way which destroyed them. However, he did it with his own personal dignity and that is fine.

When GHWB was attacked for being "weak and timid". A man who flew dive bombers in WW2 and was shot down, a man who LED the CIA. He didn't respond, and took it with "dignity" while they attacked him mercilessly. He was their punching bag.

When GWB was elected he was a monkey, an idiot etc. No response, just took it. and ON and On and ON.

We elected a New York Brawler. A man that can get into the mud and punch back as well as take a punch. Trump is a disruptor, they are rarely nice, and fluffy. In fact they are wrecking balls that crash through all opposition to remodel a situation.

Those of you on the nice right may have wanted the next Bush or the next McCain or the next Romney-bot or Kasich. How has that worked out for you? Their left wing leanings have been exposed. McCain kept us mired in Obama-care. Kasich is more left that butthead, and Romney-bot is just a standard leftist idiot.

I don't care what Trump does at this point. I will defend it, because 7 Million more people have jobs, we have our wall slowly going up, and our economy is on fire. China is in retrograde, and being forced to negotiate a better trade agreement, Mexico and Canada are now getting a new trade agreement, and the UK once Brexit is done will get a massive trade agreement. Do you want Biden/Crackhead, Fake Indian, Karl Marx reincarnated, or Alfred E Butthead negotiating that contract?

Stay on target, when you are catching the most fire, it's when you are over the enemy's position and you don't want bombs that say boom in your bomb bay, you want 5,000lb city buster bombs in there to create the most damage to the enemy. The enemy is the Democrat party. They are not "american's" with a differing opinion. Their beliefs demand the destruction of our Constitution. They want to bow to a world government. They tell us this every damn day. And to pretend that this is something important is to disregard your own rights to freedom simply because someone was "hurt".

Just like Elijah Cummings.

Just like the Entire Democrat Party and about 1/3 of the Republican party.

JerryL

Of course they have - in response to the left's nonstop vile attacks. Every Republican who's ever run for or been elected President in the last four decades has been labeled one variation of stupid/moron/idiot by the left and their media allies. Bush Jr? Dummy that looks like a monkey. Bush Sr.? Old out of touch dummy. Quayle? Dummy who can't spell. Reagan? Old senile dummy. Ford? Clumsy dummy. The only real deviation was Rommey who was instead branded as evil, heartless, racist, out of touch, and bent on the destruction of the middle and lower classes at all cost. Anything the right says is immediately smeared as racist or otherwise bigoted by the left and their media allies and members of the right spend a great deal of time apologizing for imagined or outright fabricated slights. The left has cried wolf so many times that now that the Republicans have elected someone you likely do believe is a racist idiot, no one's buying your crap.

You can deflect and pretend the left had nothing to do with this, but much like everything else you peddle: you're wrong.

Which is why I stated don't build the playing field and then bitch because you have to play on it.

Taggart Transcontinental

Before he died obviously, but he had no issue insulting Trump. "Take two running leaps and go straight to hell" is one of his attacks on Trump

https://twitter.com/...236645741850628

The actual Tweet.

But remember it's all about faux outrage over Orange Man, you can't let little things like facts distract you.

Alinsky Tactics used by the left in this argument:

RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.”

RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”

RULE 6: “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”

RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.”

RULE 10: “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.”

RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”

All of these rules were employed by both sides in this latest outrage. It had the telling effect, those who dislike Trump got their validation as to why they dislike the mean man. Those of us that support Trump said hey look he's punching back. Oh and please explain to me how any man wrongfully accused is going to sit back happily and take that crap?

The man's strength is his ability to fight back, running from that fight is not an option, it means we sacrifice more of our rights.

Edited by Taggart Transcontinental

Taggart Transcontinental

Ah. Had to look it up. In response to Trump saying he wouldn't want to be in foxhole with McCain and others, he tweeted.

"On behalf of so many of my fellow veterans: Please take two running jumps and go to hell, Mr. Trump," Dingell wrote.

Ouch. Guess he never got over it.

So Dingell was OK in his statement, but Trump is not, is that the take Agenda-bird?

Taggart Transcontinental

This man is my president. Don't tell me what I feel (or should) about his words. Your smug dismissal of any opinion that differs from yours is annoying, but predictable at this point.

edt

Oh!!!! He's your President now?!?!?! Only when you can feign outrage, then he's your President, otherwise he's the Grand Dragon in Chief of an organization numbering 6,000 who apparently can destroy the universe with their super racist powers.

You are predictable.

Taggart Transcontinental

The dodge is your refusal to acknowledge Trump gets a lot more in the way of petty attacks than he gives. The widow voted to impeach after she had thanked him profusely for helping her get elected. Unless you know something that was missing in Schiff's impeachment inquiry, she voted to impeach him on what grounds?!

Hours upon hours upon hours every day since 2016:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1ab6uxg908

Taggart Transcontinental

This "product" bears the Republican brand.

There is no escaping the fact that your party has embraced and celebrated Trump's takeover.

Hahha the man that takes advice from his enemy is a fool.

DJGoody

Removed

Edited by DJGoody

Junto

I defend him, and you know why? Every time they attacked Reagan they called him an idiot, incapable of making the big decisions. He's going to get us into a war, etc. Reagan responded in his own way which destroyed them. However, he did it with his own personal dignity and that is fine.

When GHWB was attacked for being "weak and timid". A man who flew dive bombers in WW2 and was shot down, a man who LED the CIA. He didn't respond, and took it with "dignity" while they attacked him mercilessly. He was their punching bag.

When GWB was elected he was a monkey, an idiot etc. No response, just took it. and ON and On and ON.

We elected a New York Brawler. A man that can get into the mud and punch back as well as take a punch. Trump is a disruptor, they are rarely nice, and fluffy. In fact they are wrecking balls that crash through all opposition to remodel a situation.

Those of you on the nice right may have wanted the next Bush or the next McCain or the next Romney-bot or Kasich. How has that worked out for you? Their left wing leanings have been exposed. McCain kept us mired in Obama-care. Kasich is more left that butthead, and Romney-bot is just a standard leftist idiot.

I don't care what Trump does at this point. I will defend it, because 7 Million more people have jobs, we have our wall slowly going up, and our economy is on fire. China is in retrograde, and being forced to negotiate a better trade agreement, Mexico and Canada are now getting a new trade agreement, and the UK once Brexit is done will get a massive trade agreement. Do you want Biden/Crackhead, Fake Indian, Karl Marx reincarnated, or Alfred E Butthead negotiating that contract?

Stay on target, when you are catching the most fire, it's when you are over the enemy's position and you don't want bombs that say boom in your bomb bay, you want 5,000lb city buster bombs in there to create the most damage to the enemy. The enemy is the Democrat party. They are not "american's" with a differing opinion. Their beliefs demand the destruction of our Constitution. They want to bow to a world government. They tell us this every damn day. And to pretend that this is something important is to disregard your own rights to freedom simply because someone was "hurt".

+1 Exactly!

I REFUSE to vote for another Romney or McStain. I'm done with the Boeners, the Ryans, etc. There was/is so much at stake going on right now in our country, beyond the superficial outer layer of big meany names being hurled at opponents. The American people, left and right, Dem and Repub voter alike, have been getting played for YEARS by these swamp creatures.

I don't love Trump because he is going to show the other tribe a lesson. I love Trump because he is (God-willing) going to teach 'the Swamp' a lesson. Ted Cruz or any other Republican that ran against Trump wasn't going to get the job done - period.

Ladybird

So Dingell was OK in his statement, but Trump is not, is that the take Agenda-bird?

What part of dead and buried do you not understand?

KenpoDude

Just like the Entire Democrat Party and about 1/3 of the Republican party.

This. This is pretty much where I am, too.

Dutch13

In.Cred.Ib.Le.

OK Dutch. Wow. And you were the one who interjected the issue of intellectual dishonesty??

I'm seriously disappointed. I guess maybe everybody else IS right that trying to engage you in honest debate is pointless.

Damn. Seriously disappointed.

dry.gif

No, it is laughable that you are arguing this point as if you are an attorney. There was ZERO reason for him to even talk about John Dingell. The man is dead. He has ZERO to do with this impeachment. Deborah Dingell is the person that voted to impeach Trump. Trump brought up his name for one reason......so he could drop in his one liner about "looking up".

Ohhhhhhhh, but he said he is probably looking down 3 times.......and 3 is bigger than 1, so he really didn't say anything about him looking UP, he only said he was looking down.....TWO times. Simple math.

I get it. You are going to do what you do in parsing Trump's words. He probably just meant looking up from his casket....or the grave. He really wasn't suggesting that John Dingell is looking up from hell, right??? He didn't ACTUALLY say it.

I get it. That is a safe way for you defend Trump. He never actually said those words.

By that logic.........Bill Clinton didn't commit perjury. He never had "sex".....he had fellatio.

Dutch13

I don't think this is accurate the way it's stated. Or you need to explain more thoroughly, like Monty said, words and phrases have meanings.

The way I understand your writing above (simply being factual from my reading comprehension viewpoint) is that Trump is a piece of human garbage much, most, or all of the time. And that the masses constantly cheer him on to be like that, and in those masses are many or most people who post here.

That's absolute hyperbole, and demonstrably untrue. If that's NOT what you meant but intended to say that occasionally Trump behaves like a piece of human garbage, then that's what you should have said. I would still disagree with the "piece of human garbage" description, and say he's being hyper sensitive or childish, but I would agree with the frequency that it's occasional and not continuous.

Now, if you are unhappy with my understanding of what you stated, and if you think that I should give you leeway because you didn't mean that Trump is constantly a piece of human garbage, just say so and I'll be fine with that. However, I'll then point out that you must therefore give Trump the same latitude, and not presume everything he says to mean what you think it means, but wait for an explanation.

(BTW, this is a non-trivial point. Trump is being impeached over one phrase where he stated "do us a favor". It now means what democrats claim it means even though both Trump and Zelensky tell them it doesn't mean what they claim. Explanations not allowed!!! Impeach!!)

Apples and oranges.

Human communication is more than just words. We are all grown ups and understand non-verbal communication, innuendo, timing, facial cues, etc. We all know exactly what Trump's implication about John Dingell looking up was about......and a few of us are willing to admit that.

With Trump's call to Zelensky, we don't have access to anything BUT the words that were written down......so that is all we have to work with.

Dutch13

I don't disagree with any of this, except what happens when you shoot yourself in the foot while trying to drop that "bomb". Is your aim enhanced or hurt?

270 electoral votes.......

Trump won Michigan by less than 11,000 votes (0.23%)

Does saying this about John Dingell help or hurt his chances at re-election?

Taggart Transcontinental

What part of dead and buried do you not understand?

What part of he can rot in hell with the rest of the marxists do you not understand? If I were near his grave I would make a special trip to pee on it. These people have done more to destroy this nation than any enemy outside the country.

Taggart Transcontinental

I don't disagree with any of this, except what happens when you shoot yourself in the foot while trying to drop that "bomb". Is your aim enhanced or hurt?

270 electoral votes.......

Trump won Michigan by less than 11,000 votes (0.23%)

Does saying this about John Dingell help or hurt his chances at re-election?

I think Trump wins the election in Michigan by more votes this time. With the jobs numbers going up those people will be damn happy they had the job, and they will realize how easy they can lose the job. That means more votes because of money in the pocket. I don't think the people that voted for Dingell even know the damn guys history OR his name. Hell most democrats see a (D) and click that without knowing a damn thing about the individual.