To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
MTP Reggie

‘Expert’ predictions of economic disaster were all erroneous

Rate this topic

NH Populist

In order to validate your claims, why don’t you list (numerically) the quarterly GDP growth numbers from say Q1 2013?

And let's not forget, Mr. O. wanted to know what Trump was going to do to bring back jobs from overseas, claimed those jobs were gone forever. Then this gem, "What's he got, a magic wand he's gonna wave"? So yes, anyone with a lick of sense knows it's Obama's economy we're celebrating... :comfort: :giggle:

NH Populist

Given that the vote took place months before he HAD to leave office, shows how stupid or truly arrogant he was. Unless he was so arrogant enough to think a Hillary admin. would follow his ideas, if she'd won. His warning wasn't just arrogant, it was simply stupid.

Here's a quote from him leading up to the 2016 election, "Make no mistake, I'm not on the ballot, but my policies are." And Hillary did promise to continue with his policies if elected, which is one of the reasons she's unemployed today...

Joe the Pagan
Posted (edited)

Given that the vote took place months before he HAD to leave office, shows how stupid or truly arrogant he was. Unless he was so arrogant enough to think a Hillary admin. would follow his ideas, if she'd won. His warning wasn't just arrogant, it was simply stupid.

Nigel Farage has stated that 0bama pushed Brexit over the finish line

Edited by Joe the Pagan

zurg

Because Trump is a blowhard.

2% growth is perfectly normal for a healthy economy.

Because 6% growth is unhealthy.

Wait until Anton posts the actual numbers, and you’ll see the real data compared to his claims. Of course, anyone can look them up.

My guess is that Anton won’t post them.

Joe the Pagan

LOL

It was High-larious watching Labour thinking they could win or get a hung parliament, they truly had no idea how hated Comrade Jeremy was across the UK. The fact is that millions hate the Tories, yet they still won a landslide. Jeremy was and is the definition of a man who couldn't win if he was the only candidate.

I am a bit of an Anglophile. I have always wanted to visit, but either I have the time or the money. Never both at the same time. I was watching a Sargon of Akkad video recently where he was talking about Ash Sarkar's article where she claims labor did not loose the working class. To get to her point she changed the definition of working class to include poor middle class students.

GrimV

Wait until Anton posts the actual numbers, and you’ll see the real data compared to his claims. Of course, anyone can look them up.

The United States is not an emerging economy, therefore 6% growth is both unrealistic and unhealthy.

Trump is a blowhard, we were never gonna reach 6%.

Though I do find it amusing that Anton’s best argument is to complain about 2% growth, which is perfectly normal for a heathy developed nation.

Joe the Pagan

I disagree. One of the Antons will perform a google image search for the numbers he wants and then post the image without the article or page it came from.

gravelrash

"Experts" are inconsequential and even relics. Their job was to talk down or up the economy. Now that information is unfiltered and everyone is free to believe or promote their "truth over facts", the likes of Paul Krugman have been relegated to douchebag. We're on the cusp of a rejuvenated hard economy of goods and services. Our industries and factories are not just smart and responsible, they will reshape the world order and economy for the next 40 years.

zurg

The United States is not an emerging economy, therefore 6% growth is both unrealistic and unhealthy.

Though I do find it amusing that Anton’s best argument is to complain about 2% growth, which is perfectly normal for a heathy developed nation.

Well, yeah, but my point isn’t about the 6% number.

Anton made 2 false claims and 1 truthful claim. I’m just trying to see if he can figure it out.

grimreefer

And let's not forget, Mr. O. wanted to know what Trump was going to do to bring back jobs from overseas, claimed those jobs were gone forever. Then this gem, "What's he got, a magic wand he's gonna wave"? So yes, anyone with a lick of sense knows it's Obama's economy we're celebrating... :comfort: :giggle:

It's all really confusing. Bobo is credited for our good economy by the leftists/MSM while they also state this economy is crushing everyone... except those job creating rich bastards of course. :scratch:

:wacko:

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

You talkin' to me?

If so, maybe you can go ahead and quote me to support your suggestion that I predicted economic disaster.

There was a general expectation of a slowdown in economic growth this year (thats not the same as disaster)... and while the year turned out slightly above expectation, it was still a bit of a slowdown. From 2018 Q4 through today we've had 3 of the weakest GDP growth quaters since Trump got into office.

In fact the best growth year for Trump is still 2017, before any of his policies took any real effect (tax-cuts went into effect in 2018)

Trump and his advisors promised 4, 5 or even 6% GDP growth spurred by the almighty tax-cuts...WHY IS NO ONE HERE COMPLAINING ABOUT THOSE PREDICTIONS? and why are his supporters are now very delighted with 2-point-something growth?

:biglaugh:

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
Posted (edited)

Trump is accomplishing this with massive resistance from the crooked powers that be and with little to no help from his own party.

He could do a hell of a lot better if he his own party had his back.

No other president could have ever done any better under these circumstances.

Yet you nevertrumpers always refuse to see this and live in your world of perpetual butthurt that that big ole meanie Trump may be turn out to be the greatest modern day president that ever lived.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Natural Selection

You talkin' to me?

If so, maybe you can go ahead and quote me to support your suggestion that I predicted economic disaster.

But I got news for you, Democrats are not your problem, Trump-the-small-one is your problem. His word is worthless, his ignorance is showing, his A.D.D is crippling, his policy is incoherent patchwork of people that happen to be around him and his deal making skills are amazingly non-existent.

The guy has yet to achieve much of ANYTHING that requires more than just OK from him. More and more people will realize that there is no there there, just a small man hustling desperately for greatness. And just you wait till economy takes a downward turn.

:lol:

NH Populist

It's all really confusing. Bobo is credited for our good economy by the leftists/MSM while they also state this economy is crushing everyone... except those job creating rich bastards of course. :scratch:

:wacko:

Wags needs to see this, what a great idea for her next 'toon! :thumbsup:

RedSoloCup

You talkin' to me?

There was a general expectation of a slowdown in economic growth this year (thats not the same as disaster)... and while the year turned out slightly above expectation, it was still a bit of a slowdown. From 2018 Q4 through today we've had 3 of the weakest GDP growth quaters since Trump got into office.

In fact the best growth year for Trump is still 2017, before any of his policies took any real effect (tax-cuts went into effect in 2018)

Trump and his advisors promised 4, 5 or even 6% GDP growth spurred by the almighty tax-cuts...WHY IS NO ONE HERE COMPLAINING ABOUT THOSE PREDICTIONS? and why are his supporters are now very delighted with 2-point-something growth?

Pay up before insulting the paying members first.

Again, just like in the other thread, it's nothing short of hilarious to see any leftist pointing fingers at Trump for "failing" to get something done after the left has spent the past 3+ years DOING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to MAKE SURE he got nothing done.

It's no more intelligent or mature than the 12-yr-old 6th grader who grabs the 8-yr-old 3rd grader's arm and makes his hand hit his own face, while sneering "Why are you hitting yourself? Why don't you stop hitting yourself?"

Democrats apparently never matured beyond gradeschool.

<_<

:exactly:

More like preschool.

:no:

JerryL

Nicely done, but he will just claim he didn't say "disaster." He will claim that his snarky "Just you wait..." really doesn't contribute to the context of what he is saying and that you just attributing things to him that he didn't say.

Or at least he will try. Remains to be seen which Anton is on duty and whether it will be the one who can construct a coherent sentence.

erp

Nicely done, but he will just claim he didn't say "disaster." He will claim that his snarky "Just you wait..." really doesn't contribute to the context of what he is saying and that you just attributing things to him that he didn't say.

Or at least he will try. Remains to be seen which Anton is on duty and whether it will be the one who can construct a coherent sentence.

Most likely, he will never respond. It’s the cowards way.

GrimV

Trump is accomplishing this with massive resistance from the crooked powers that be and with little to no help from his own party.

He could do a hell of a lot better if he his own party had his back.

No other president could have ever done any better under these circumstances.

Yet you nevertrumpers always refuse to see this and live in your world of perpetual butthurt that that big ole meanie Trump may be turn out to be the greatest modern day president that ever lived.

I wasn't actually knocking Trump. Other than calling him a blowhard, which is hardly an insult if it's true.

All candidates make grandiose promises, and 6% growth is not realistic for a developed nation. The last time the US came close to 6% was the mid 80s.

Thirty five years ago.

zurg

Excellent proof

Natural Selection

He can say whatever he wants. He has a First Amendment right to make himself look even more foolish than he already does.

AntonToo
Posted (edited)

Ohhh, well isn't that cute. Poly wants a graph now? Nope, those days are gone.

It has been made abandantly clear to me, posting economic data is frowned upon in this establishment. So I'm not going to anymore.

So now is a good time for you Zurg to stop being a helpless bum and go look it up for yourself. Crazy concept, I know.

Because Trump is a blowhard.

2% growth is perfectly normal for a healthy economy.

Because 6% growth is unhealthy.

Grim do you LIKE having the same discussion over and over and over?

Yes I know that YOU think that 2% is "healthy", you've made that perfectly clear, I GOTCHA.

But anyone who has been around Obama years and 2016 election knows that this WAS NOT the conservative position at large. The position was that 2% growth is ANEMIC, that the economy is stagnant, and Obama is a loser for never having had 3+% annual growth.

Well it is now 2019 and real GDP growth for the decade topped out in 2015 (2.88%), with 2017 (2.80%) coming in a close second. But somehow conservatives came around to think that the stagnant economy turned booming just a few moments after the Trumpy bear got into office on the promises of 4,5 or even 6% growth.

4% is nowhere in sight nor do we have any complaint at all from the right about those predictions turning out to be false or the fact that we are now running trillion dollar deficits in what they describe as a booming economy. Nope, under Trump the economy is finally great and who has time to worry about the deficits when we have so many tax-cuts? :drinkers:

Edited by AntonToo

MontyPython

Grim do you LIKE having the same discussion over and over and over?

:o

Oh the incredible irony.

:woot: :woot: :woot:

zurg

Ohhh, well isn't that cute. Poly wants a graph now? Nope, those days are gone.

It has been made abandantly clear to me, posting economic data is frowned upon in this establishment. So I'm not going to anymore.

So now is a good time for you Zurg to stop being a helpless bum and go look it up for yourself. Crazy concept, I know.

One: I specifically asked for you to **list** GDP growth by quarter from 2013. NPT graphing, but listing. Once again your language barrier is showing as strongly as your math and economic barriers do.

Two: as I predicted, you don’t have the balls to do as requested. Weaseling our of this once again. I’m really surprised. Not.

NH Populist

"Ohhh, well isn't that cute. Poly wants a graph now? Nope, those days are gone.

It has been made abundantly clear to me, posting economic data is frowned upon in this establishment. So I'm not going to anymore.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm just gonna take a wild guess here and say AntonToo actually did look up the graphs in question, but didn't like what he saw. Poly wants a graph now? :rofl:

erp

"Ohhh, well isn't that cute. Poly wants a graph now? Nope, those days are gone.

It has been made abundantly clear to me, posting economic data is frowned upon in this establishment. So I'm not going to anymore.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm just gonna take a wild guess here and say AntonToo actually did look up the graphs in question, but didn't like what he saw. Poly wants a graph now? :rofl:

No kidding!! As if after all these years of being mocked for his graphs he just now gets its. Not likely.