To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
MTP Reggie

Schumer slams Trump for sharing photo of him in Islamic garb

Rate this topic

Natural Selection

Of course some Muslims commit wicked acts, even in the name of religion. I never said they didn't.

No, you didn't. You said the following which implies that calling muslims wicked is a flawed belief. Now you just admitted that muslims commit wicked acts in the name of Islam. That means it's not a flawed belief. Do you understand how your statements qualify as cognitive dissonance?

I suppose if you believe Muslims are wicked, it makes sense.

Magic Rat

There's lot's of pictures 'all over the internet', some funny, some offensive. There's pictures of his wife stark naked. The doesn't the POTUS should share it with the world.

You are spitting so much venom over a JOKE, that you can't even type coherent sentences. Maybe you should take a walk in the park, go watch a Hallmark movie, get a dog, do something to relax. Because you are going off the rails.

MontyPython

Yes it's same "anyone who differs from Monty's opinion is demonstrably wrong".

Oh grow up. The proofs supporting my positions don't need to be endlessly repeated. It's not that they're "differ[ing] from Monty", it's that they're "differ[ing]" from the facts.

:rolleyes:

Even if all their actions were pure as the driven snow, when is it appropriate for a president to use religious garb to paint his opponents as evil?

When the "religion" in question is responsible for so much evil, and those opponents routinely defend that evil. Notice Schumer objects to the portrayal; In other words, he recognizes the inherent evil.

<_<

Ladybird

No, you didn't. You said the following which implies that calling muslims wicked is a flawed belief. Now you just admitted that muslims commit wicked acts in the name of Islam. That means it's not a flawed belief. Do you understand how your statements qualify as cognitive dissonance?

Calling any religious (or racial) group "wicked" is flawed.

I said some commit wicked crimes. So do some Christians. So dome some Hindu. So do some blacks. So do some whites.

The president's message got through loud and clear to his audience.

Ladybird

Oh grow up. The proofs supporting my positions don't need to be endlessly repeated. It's not that they're "differ[ing] from Monty", it's that they're "differ[ing]" from the facts.

:rolleyes:

When the "religion" in question is responsible for so much evil, and those opponents routinely defend that evil. Notice Schumer objects to the portrayal; In other words, he recognizes the inherent evil.

<_<

Just like I said, this is not just anti-Iran message from Trump, it is also anti-Islam, as most of his supporters are evidently.

Magic Rat

Because they support, or at least won't call out the "wicked Muslims" who are ruining people's lives.

Dressing them in the clothes of the people they seem to identify with doesn't seem bigoted to me.

Schumer saying, "how dare Trump. . ." seems to indicate he is offended by being portrayed as Muslim.

To me (and maybe I'm wrong) it's like when a leftist calls someone on the right a homosexual. How is that an insult if there is nothing wrong with homosexuality? How is showing Schumer as a follower of Islam a bad thing to do if there is nothing wrong with following Islam???

Full Disclosure: I know we're not supposed to talk much about the ignore function available on RightNation, but I have ignored several people who have posted blanket "all Muslims are bad" comments. I live in an area with many Muslim families. My children are friends (youngest son, best friend) with Muslims. We are assisting a family that left Iraq who helped the resistance during both gulf wars and were in danger there because of it. I've had arguments with multiple leftists who tell me because I'm a conservative I have to hate Muslims--which I obviously don't.

The bolded needs repeating. Very well said. Of course, it was ignored.

MontyPython

Just like I said, this is not just anti-Iran message from Trump, it is also anti-Islam, as most of his supporters are evidently.

*sigh*

The only real question here is whether you're really this dishonest, or really this clueless.

I suppose it could be both.

*shakes head sadly*

<_<

Natural Selection

Calling any religious (or racial) group "wicked" is flawed.

I said some commit wicked crimes. So do some Christians. So dome some Hindu. So do some blacks. So do some whites.

If one religion commits 10,000 wicked acts and another religion commits 5 wicked acts, are they equally wicked?

JerryL

Just out of curiosity, should the creator of the meme who obviously meant it to be provocative and exaggerated have dressed them in sombreros to highlight their support of the Islamic State of Iran over their own country?

Edited by JerryL

Ladybird

The bolded needs repeating. Very well said. Of course, it was ignored.

Showing a non Muslim (or non-Jew or heterosexual) as something they're not, in order to paint them and, therefore any who looks like them as evil is bigoted, prejudiced, wrong. That the president sent this out as our representative is sickening.

No way Obama would have not been criticized - rightly and honestly - by the right if he'd done such a thing.

Edited by Ladybird

Ladybird

Just out of curiosity, should the creator of the meme who obviously meant it to be provocative and exaggerated have dressed them in sombreros to highlight their support of the Islamic State of Iran over their own country?

'I' would have shown them as they are, with the Iranian flag waving and a silhouette of the dead general or the latest Ayatollah. But that's me. Internet meme creators are not problem here. The president sending it out is. It matter not to him, and those who hate Muslims that their are thousands of their fellow Americans who practice the religion and look just like the mocking picture.

Edited by Ladybird

JerryL

'I' would have shown them as they are, with the Iranian flag waving and a silhouette of the dead general or the latest Ayatollah. But that's me. Internet meme creators are not problem though. The president sending it out is.

To you, I have zero doubt.

To people who don’t agree with our elected representatives hypocritically supporting a murderous Islamic State over their own country and President, who BTW only did what Black Jesus did with no criticism from them...not so much.

MontyPython

Showing a non Muslim (or non-Jew or heterosexual) as something they're not, in order to paint them and, therefore any who looks like them as evil is bigoted, prejudiced, wrong. That the president sent this out as our represitive is sickening.

Twist & turn & spin any way you please. The fact remains that Democrats in general...and Schumer & Pelosi in specific...routinely defend Iran and the evil committed there by the "leaders" (i.e. the Ayatollahs, the Mullahs, the generals & politicians, etc.) Especially lately. Remember the blocking of the resolution, the blaming Trump for the plane shoot-down, the "outrage" over the perfectly legal & justified killing of the world's most wicked Iranian terrorist murderer, and far too much more to list here.

The joke (and it was just a joke) was obviously about American traitors' defense of the evil represented by Iran.

It comes as no surprise that you'll dodge that fact 'til the cows come home.

<_<

No way Obama would have not been criticized - rightly and honestly - by the right if he'd done such a thing.

Why would Obama do something to portray his buddies in Iran as "evil"?

:scratch:

Magic Rat

Showing a non Muslim (or non-Jew or heterosexual) as something they're not, in order to paint them and, therefore any who looks like them as evil is bigoted, prejudiced, wrong. That the president sent this out as our represitive is sickening.

If Islam is not "wicked", why is Schumer pretending he is offended?

We both know he's truly not. This is simply phony political outrage and pretty typical of the left ever since you didn't get your way back in 2016. Jokes can only go one way with you clowns.

Not by me because I know a joke when I see one. And not by you because you do nothing but worship that narcissistic jackoff.

gravelrash

Why is Chuck Schumer mad at PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump? He should go after the real culprit. The one who created the internet which enables ordinary citizens the opportunity to express their dissatisfaction with a few taps on a keyboard.

Edited by gravelrash

erp

Why is Chuck Schumer mad at PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump? He should go after the real culprit. The one who created the internet which enables ordinary citizens the opportunity to express their dissatisfaction with a few taps on a keyboard.

Al Gore?

USNRETWIFE

Al Gore?

MontyPython

Al Gore?

;)

zurg

If President Obama tweeted a picture of two Gentile congresspersons dressed as Hasidic Jews, to voice his displeasure with an Isreali government policy some find barbaric, would he not rightly be called anti-Jewish?

This example and your Idi Amin example miss as analogies because Pelosi and Schumer opposed a bill that would have called out Iran’s actions, this they appeared (or actually did) to side with the bad guys.

If some rightwinger opposed sending a message to Idi Amin after a massacre, it would actually be appropriate to photoshop them in blackface and Ugandan costumes.

If some rightwinger gentiles opposed sending Israel a harsh rebuke after an Israeli atrocity (this is extremely hypothetical because they don’t do that, they have it done to them), then it would be okay to photoshop them as Hasidic Jews.

Lost in this whole thing to you is the fact that your side refused to rebuke Iran for the downing of the Ukrainian plane, instead your side went with the “Trump’s fault” rhetoric.

stick

Neither of those two people are Muslim. Why photoshop them as "wicked Muslims" when they are not?

Obviously. That's why it's funny.

Ladybird

To you, I have zero doubt.

To people who don’t agree with our elected representatives hypocritically supporting a murderous Islamic State over their own country and President, who BTW only did what Black Jesus did with no criticism from them...not so much.

I am not disputing Pelosi and Schumers hypocritical spinning and twisting roles in this instance. I'm saying there was no reason to put those two non Muslims in religious wear to make the point. In doing so, however, he painted those who follow the religion in the same light.

Edited by Ladybird

stick

You are spitting so much venom over a JOKE, that you can't even type coherent sentences. Maybe you should take a walk in the park, go watch a Hallmark movie, get a dog, do something to relax. Because you are going off the rails.

LB just woke up in 2020 having no recollection of the past couple of centuries of American politics.

gravelrash

Correct, Al Gore. Thanks to him, ordinary citizens can mock and ridicule Chuckleheads at anytime, from anywhere. We're not supposed to be able to do that. PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump didn't create the meme. He found it amusing and just the right amount of GFY to retweet it.

zurg

I am not disputing Pelosi and Schumers hypocritical spinning and twisting roles in this instance. I'm saying there was no reason to put those two non Muslims in religious wear to make the point. In doing so, however, he painted those who follow the religion in the same light.

No; it was more cultural than religious. Trump painted Schumer and Pelosi as being on Iran’s side, and not condemning the atrocious killing of 176 innocent people, on purpose.

Ladybird

No; it was more cultural than religious. Trump painted Schumer and Pelosi as being on Iran’s side, and not condemning the atrocious killing of 176 innocent people, on purpose.

He painted them as being on the side of killers. It doesn't take their physical presence in a hijab or a turban to do that.