To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
MTP Reggie

Schumer slams Trump for sharing photo of him in Islamic garb

Rate this topic

MontyPython

He painted them as being on the side of killers. It doesn't take their physical presence in a hijab or a turban to do that.

Yes :rolleyes: It's true there were multiple ways to make a similar point. But obviously Trump picked the best one, when you consider the hilariously childish (faux) "outrage" this meme has produced from the Trump-hating babbling bobbleheads. And he didn't even create it, he just re-tweeted it!

Good job...AGAIN...Mr President.

:2up:

NH Populist

LB, you haven't addressed why your party's leaders condemned the taking out of Soleimani by Trump. That and the House's refusal to back Iranian protesters is why Trump RE-tweeted the picture, your party's supporting a terrorist regime. Maybe you can explain why...

Edited by NH Populist

zurg

He painted them as being on the side of killers. It doesn't take their physical presence in a hijab or a turban to do that.

True. But Trump’s tweet was very Gary Larsonesque. One sentence and picture conveyed the whole point and more. Home run.

I understand you don’t enjoy it, while you pretend it was some kind of -ism. ZZZZZZZZ.....

zurg

LB, you haven't addressed why your party's leaders condemned the taking out of Soleimani by Trump. That and the House's refusal to back Iranian protesters is why Trump RE-tweeted the picture, your party's supporting a terrorist regime. Maybe you can explain why...

Democrat answer: “oh, Soleimani was maybe a bad guy, BUT.....” (Trump’s worse.)

Edited by zurg

Ladybird

Yes :rolleyes: It's true there were multiple ways to make a similar point. But obviously Trump picked the best one, when you consider the hilariously childish (faux) "outrage" this meme has produced from the Trump-hating babbling bobbleheads. And he didn't even create it, he just re-tweeted it!

Good job...AGAIN...Mr President.

:2up:

It's not the "best one" if you consider that some of his constituents (and your fellow citizens) also dress in the same religious wear that was carelessly used to mock these senators. I understand it doesn't matter to you, therefore you don't understand any outrage. Re-tweeting to the world is an endorsement of the idea, regardless of who created it.

MontyPython

It's not the "best one" if you consider that some of his constituents (and your fellow citizens) also dress in the same religious wear that was carelessly used to mock these senators. I understand it doesn't matter to you, therefore you don't understand any outrage. Re-tweeting to the world is an endorsement of the idea, regardless of who created it.

Another fail.

*sigh*

Look, I'm gonna approach this from a new angle, HOPING (but doubting) you might finally get the point. I'm going to present a hypothetical situation:

Suppose Trump wanted to make a deliberately-insulting joke about specific people who supported specific crimes committed by the Hells Angels. So he re-tweets a photoshopped picture of those specific non-biker people sitting on Harleys with tattoos & boots & leather vests & all that stuff. Now we are talking about my typical daily garb/appearance/whatever. And I'd feel no silly "outrage", because:

A - I'm intelligent enough to recognize a joke when I see one, and

B - I'm informed enough about current events to know who the barb is specifically aimed at (Hells Angels and supporters of their crimes), and therefore understand that it's not aimed at me, even though I dress like that too.

And since I've too often witnessed your penchant for dodgeball, I'll clarify point B (though it wouldn't be necessary if you were just more honest & sensible):

Every person who is paying attention knows perfectly well the specific Iran-centered incidents being referenced in the meme. Any attempt to assert it's supposed to refer to all muslims everywhere is extraordinarily stupid, dishonest, and childish.

<_<

Magic Rat

Since there is no real outrage to understand, he doesn't have to pretend it matters to him.

This is no different than when you guys went nuts over some video of some wrestler throwing another around with Trump's face photoshopped over it. It was making light of the left's ridiculous position on terrorist sympathy. You might have a little bit sympathy yourselves if you didn't pull this temper tantrum every week.

zurg

Actually you cannot make the blanket statement that all muslims would be offended by the tweet. That’s simply an unproven assumption. My bet is that there are many who consider it funny and DON’T think it denigrates Islam.

I know that because if someone who’s not Finnish or not Christian came up with a similar/analogous example, I might think is really good or funny.

Like a lot of other leftists, you need to stop getting all butthurt over the slightest joke. I think most people understand that. Including you. I think you’re upset because you KNOW it was a humorous direct hit.

NH Populist

Yes it's same "anyone who differs from Monty's opinion is demonstrably wrong".

Even if all their actions were pure as the driven snow, when is it appropriate for a president to use religious garb to paint his opponents as evil?

What's highlighted is what you're really unhinged about, Trump's behavior isn't appropriate in your eyes. That's it, never mind WHY the tweet, which is to show your party's support for a terrorist regime. Something his followers find MORE than a little strange.

Edited by NH Populist

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Of course some Muslims commit wicked acts, even in the name of religion. I never said they didn't.

Somebody did something..... :rolleyes:

Calling any religious (or racial) group "wicked" is flawed.

I said some commit wicked crimes. So do some Christians. So dome some Hindu. So do some blacks. So do some whites.

The president's message got through loud and clear to his audience.

There's "some" and there's "most".

If one religion commits 10,000 wicked acts and another religion commits 5 wicked acts, are they equally wicked?

Wyn's razor applies in this case. :yes:

JerryL

Actually you cannot make the blanket statement that all muslims would be offended by the tweet. That’s simply an unproven assumption. My bet is that there are many who consider it funny and DON’T think it denigrates Islam.

I know that because if someone who’s not Finnish or not Christian came up with a similar/analogous example, I might think is really good or funny.

Like a lot of other leftists, you need to stop getting all butthurt over the slightest joke. I think most people understand that. Including you. I think you’re upset because you KNOW it was a humorous direct hit.

Nah. It’s because DJT calls them what they are.

They can’t stand that.

Why the <censored> not?

He didn't paint them, they painted themselves with their actions and someone else created the meme pic, not Trump.

Ladybird

Twist & turn & spin any way you please. The fact remains that Democrats in general...and Schumer & Pelosi in specific...routinely defend Iran and the evil committed there by the "leaders" (i.e. the Ayatollahs, the Mullahs, the generals & politicians, etc.) Especially lately. Remember the blocking of the resolution, the blaming Trump for the plane shoot-down, the "outrage" over the perfectly legal & justified killing of the world's most wicked Iranian terrorist murderer, and far too much more to list here.

The joke (and it was just a joke) was obviously about American traitors' defense of the evil represented by Iran.

It comes as no surprise that you'll dodge that fact 'til the cows come home.

<_<

Why would Obama do something to portray his buddies in Iran as "evil"?

:scratch:

If Obama had retweeted a meme with two congresspersons, from the opposing party, dressed as an Hasidic Jews as an insult and criticism of their support for Isreal, Mr. Obama would rightly be called out, with the loudest voices coming from the right.

:biglaugh:

Hey, I'm ABSOLUTELY LOVING how it all pisses you off so much!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! :D :salute:

Ladybird

There's "some" and there's "most".

"Most" Muslims commit wicked crimes? If that were true, we'd all be in a lot of trouble.

Your hatred is why Mr. Trumps message hits its target, every time.

Edited by Ladybird

If Obama had retweeted a meme with two congresspersons, from the opposing party, dressed as an Hasidic Jews as an insult and criticism of their support for Isreal, Mr. Obama would rightly be called out, with the loudest voices coming from the right.

IF, IF, IF, IF......... :crybaby2:

"Most" Muslims commit wicked crimes? If that were true, we'd all be in a lot of trouble.

Most Muslims quietly APPROVE of it.

JerryL

If Hasidic Jews were attacking US Embassies and setting IEDs to kill Americans, do you honestly think that that would be true?

GrimV

Another fail.

*sigh*

Look, I'm gonna approach this from a new angle, HOPING (but doubting) you might finally get the point. I'm going to present a hypothetical situation:

Suppose Trump wanted to make a deliberately-insulting joke about specific people who supported specific crimes committed by the Hells Angels. So he re-tweets a photoshopped picture of those specific non-biker people sitting on Harleys with tattoos & boots & leather vests & all that stuff. Now we are talking about my typical daily garb/appearance/whatever. And I'd feel no silly "outrage", because:

A - I'm intelligent enough to recognize a joke when I see one, and

B - I'm informed enough about current events to know who the barb is specifically aimed at (Hells Angels and supporters of their crimes), and therefore understand that it's not aimed at me, even though I dress like that too.

And since I've too often witnessed your penchant for dodgeball, I'll clarify point B (though it wouldn't be necessary if you were just more honest & sensible):

Every person who is paying attention knows perfectly well the specific Iran-centered incidents being referenced in the meme. Any attempt to assert it's supposed to refer to all muslims everywhere is extraordinarily stupid, dishonest, and childish.

<_<

Give it up.

Humor is always the first casualty.

Taggart Transcontinental

I love how this tweet came right he claimed to be standing behind the Iranian people, then tweets what looks like Schumer in an Indian turban and Pelosi in a hijab. Apparently potrayning someone as possibly Muslim is a way to insult them.

What bigoted POS this so called president is. but we knew that a long time ago.

(with that, my vacation starts)

He's done more for the Iranian people then your messiah ever did. Giving the mullah's 150 Billion in cash was not good for the "people".

Squirrel

Of course, it's meant to appeal to Trump supporters.

You evidently have a slow mind. So here’s a simple explanation who do those people in the picture support? Hint every time it’s not America. So yep I guess I think the tweets appropriate. Sorry it hurts your feelings and sarcasm is above your iq. But please enlighten me on how they are fighting for American rights or how the tweet doesn’t show truth in sarcasm? By the way what are the democrats actually offering positive next election? Hell even your house or senators? Let’s talk positive. Since I know you can’t explain why that tweet was wrong other then “ not fair, too close to truth, hurt my feelings.”. Sorry facts hurt. Honesty and facts have always been the worst enemy of idiots and the dumbest of the democrats. I don’t consider you dumb so I guess it’s just all democrats now.

Edited by Squirrel

Ladybird

If Hasidic Jews were attacking US Embassies and setting IEDs to kill Americans, do you honestly think that that would be true?

So once again, the tweet was not just anti-Iran, but anti-Islam. Schumer in a turban and Pelosi in a hijab equals terrorists.

So once again, the tweet was not just anti-Iran, but anti-Islam. Schumer in a turban and Pelosi in a hijab equals terrorists.

That's because both openly do support terrorists against this country.

The turban and hijab fit.

Squirrel

So once again your just b hurt and truth hurts. So truth is bad. Clothes make a persons religion? Or the picture shows who they support? How is putting someone that supports something in an out fit of that group wrong? Guess what if he put out a tweet about David duke in a photo shopped clan robe would the left cry? Would you say that was wrong? My guess is you’d laugh

Edited by Squirrel