To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
dan r

Thank you Demi Lovato

Rate this topic

Oathtaker

So congratulating Kansas was correct.. I see a map with a sharpie correction coming on..

Arrowhead Stadium is in Missouri.

That being said, today I have heard several times on different radio stations the statement that Kansas City is not in Kansas, which is just as incorrect as the President congratulating Kansas (at first).

Too many too quick to “point out how the strong man stumbles”....

Or the reference in the Good Book about sinning and the casting of stones.

Ladybird

Shakira, who is part Lebanese, did an Arab style of singing called zaghrouta. She was not pretending to go down on a microphone. Has no one heard middle eastern singers do this before?

She also did belly dancing. This show was homage to many cultures.

The pole dancing from JLo was likely a reference to her movie.

mjperry51

So congratulating Kansas was correct.. I see a map with a sharpie correction coming on..

There is a Kansas City, Kansas.

You are truly the master of the insignificant. . .

BootsieBets

Yes, there is a Kansas City, Kansas and a Kansas City, Missouri! I have been to both – on the same day. It’s easy, they are like, practically right next to each other. Funny, when Obama made his 57 states gaffe, to mention it was all racists and everything. But don’t forget to point out Trump’s mistakes. I know, I know, Arrowhead is in Missouri.

I don’t watch football anymore, so I didn’t see the halftime show until I watched parts of it on twitter due to hearing about it. It looks more like something that would have been in Vegas. And yes, interesting that woman claim to want to be treated with respect and not as sexual objects, but then put themselves on display as sexual objects by writhing on the floor, or sliding down a stripper pole or wiggling their buts and thrusting their pelvis into cameras in front of millions of people. Of course, I haven’t heard JLo or Shakira say they wanted to be treated with respect or not be treated as sexual objects either, so there’s that.

gravelrash

We (denizens of Omaha and southeastern Nebraska) often refer to Kansas City, MO, as "KC Proper". Kansas City, Kansas, is "KC-1". Many teams don't play in the cities that they represent. The Dallas Cowboys play in Arlington. The Detroit Pistons play in Auburn Hills. The San Francisco 49ers play in Napa. Over 40 miles away from the Golden Gate Bridge.

Ladybird

We (denizens of Omaha and southeastern Nebraska) often refer to Kansas City, MO, as "KC Proper". Kansas City, Kansas, is "KC-1". Many teams don't play in the cities that they represent. The Dallas Cowboys play in Arlington. The Detroit Pistons play in Auburn Hills. The San Francisco 49ers play in Napa. Over 40 miles away from the Golden Gate Bridge.

"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles where there are no lakes. The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil. The Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music." - BASEketball.

Buckwheat Jones

Ah. Sounds a bit racy.

Bet your son knows where Kansas City is though..

I’m from Kansas City. It’s actually a pretty common mistake.

Dean Adam Smithee

And the Atlanta Braves (baseball) play at the formerly-known-as-Suntrust-Park in Marietta GA in Cobb County. Atlanta is mostly in Fulton Co with parts in deKalb Co.

Most egregious, though, is the three NYC area teams that don't even play in the same state that they represent: The NY Giants, NY Jets, NY Guardians (XFL) all play at Meadowlands in New Jersey. And RIP Shea Stadium in Queens NYC, final game September 2008.

gravelrash

I was actually getting into Alliance Football. XFL has more money but I don't foresee a second season. Disappointed that Legends is now the Extreme Football League. Omaha Heart was a more meaningful connection than the Red Devils. By the by, the Omaha Heart / Red Devils play at the Ralston arena.

Seattle Reign is now FC Reign since they moved to Tacoma. Doesn't have that same ring to it. I thought at first that the Glendale Raptors were Arizona. They are outside of Denver. Premier Lacrosse League avoids any reference to host city. Instead, the PLL has a round-robin touring format that aims to promote it's brand with exhibition games.

Dean Adam Smithee

I’m from Kansas City. It’s actually a pretty common mistake.

Yeah, but are you from the REAL KC or the other one?

gravelrash

Yeah, but are you from the REAL KC or the other one?

I used to drive through Kansas City, Missouri, on my way to visit my friend who lived in Hazelwood, later Belleville AFB (Illinois). I can't stand KCMO. The people there are rude, arrogant, and condescending. Save for the diners at the phantom Waffle House outside of Kingdom City. Praise be the I-435 spike that bypasses that slagheap, wannabe Manhattan of the Midwest.