To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
BerkeleyUnderground

Rush Limbaugh Says He Has Advanced Lung Cancer

Rate this topic

BerkeleyUnderground

I hope there's a way to beat this because I would sure miss that guy.

BerkeleyUnderground

Rush announced this at the end of his show today, which he said he would try to keep doing but with time outs for treatments.

Dean Adam Smithee

Depends on what he means by "advanced". If his only symptom was "shortness of breath" around 1/12 as mentioned on his twitter feed, then it could be well within "Stage 1" (ONLY in the lungs) and the five year survival numbers are pretty good. Let us hope - and pray - that "advanced" just means just past A1. Stage 2 would be spreading to the lymph nodes, and then elsewhere, etc

lung-cancer-5yr-chart-04-5b8558d3c9e77c00253444cb.png

dan r

I've been a listener since 1992 when I was 10 with my dad. He feels like family to me.

But it's like I told my ex, He's worth $600 million, has a salary of $85 million, so he can afford the best doctors, treatments, dietitians, and drugs available anywhere in the world. He's also got 20+ million listeners that will be praying for him. I think he's going to be ok, but I sure hope I'm not wrong. Love that guy.

Severian

I made the mistake of going over to DU to see what they thought. Now I need to shower with Comet cleanser.

Alexis

Depends on what he means by "advanced". If his only symptom was "shortness of breath" around 1/12 as mentioned on his twitter feed, then it could be well within "Stage 1" (ONLY in the lungs) and the five year survival numbers are pretty good. Let us hope - and pray - that "advanced" just means just past A1. Stage 2 would be spreading to the lymph nodes, and then elsewhere, etc

The article I read said Stage 4.

This is devastating news! There's no one like him. He is irreplaceable!

OilFieldGuy

Rush has been riding shotgun with me on the ranch 3 hours a day for around 3 decades. His is a voice I hope we never lose, a nation of prayers for his healing.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

I was a listener since his show began to be on the air here in 1991 during the first gulf war.

This is a kick in the guts to say the least. :(

I've lost so many of my family and friends to this awful disease.

I've tried to get my brother to stop smoking cigars because I have for good after losing my mother to cancer too as she was a long time cigarette smoker. Why take the chance?

She got her cancer from two sources, her prescribed blood pressure meds and talcum powder. The cigarettes were not good to her lungs either. The chemo had wiped out her entire immune system and sepsis killed her instead of the cancer.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Maybe Trump can hook up Rush to a source for a secret cure that has been deliberately suppressed from the public by the profiteers?

They're said to exist?

Dean Adam Smithee

Maybe Trump can hook up Rush to a source for a secret cure that has been deliberately suppressed from the public by the profiteers?

They're said to exist?

Laetrile aka Amygdalin? From peach pits? That was a "thing" back in the '70s, and the word was that the Gov't had pressured Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center into covering up years of their research with positive results.

It's one of few - VERY FEW - conspiracy theories where I've ever thought there was a "there" there, and more recently a team in Germany seems to have replicated Sloan-Kettering's original results.

Peer-Reviewed 2014 study: Amygdalin Blocks Bladder Cancer Cell Growth In Vitro by Diminishing Cyclin A and cdk2 by researchers with excellent credentials.

Laetrile aka Amygdalin? From peach pits? That was a "thing" back in the '70s, and the word was that the Gov't had pressured Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center into covering up years of their research with positive results.

It's one of few - VERY FEW - conspiracy theories where I've ever thought there was a "there" there, and more recently a team in Germany seems to have replicated Sloan-Kettering's original results.

Peer-Reviewed 2014 study: Amygdalin Blocks Bladder Cancer Cell Growth In Vitro by Diminishing Cyclin A and cdk2 by researchers with excellent credentials.

AKA vitamin B-17 and it's commonly derived from apricot pits.

By the time my mother was diagnosed with her advanced cancer, we got some for her but she was too sick then to keep them down.

Ladybird

Terrible disease. It Killed my father.

I wish him all the best.

Noclevermoniker

I’ve been a listener and viewer since the Rush necktie days. The very beginning.

RedSoloCup

I made the mistake of going over to DU to see what they thought. Now I need to shower with Comet cleanser.

It's DU after all. The cesspool of the interwebs.

Dean Adam Smithee

I’ve been a listener and viewer since the Rush necktie days. The very beginning.

Almost the beginning here. First heard him in '89/'90/'91-ish. WDBO-AM Orlando FL. He was syndicated by then but not yet a household name.

BerkeleyUnderground

When Rush burst on the scene back in the late 80's, I was aware of the phenomenon he seemed to be. But back then I was an NPR addict. I loved their programing and Saturday was a special delight. The only NPR program I never really got into was "The Prairie Home Companion" with Garrison Keller. But at some point, I did start trying to find Rush on the radio. And I liked his program but I was really kind of a slow convert until that day when on an NPR lunch time call in program the NPR crowd let loose with all the meanness and hatefulness they could on then President G.W. Bush. I was so pissed, I quit NPR cold turkey and every day thereafter it was Rush Limbaugh.

And how many things or people could I say this about, that, over the years, my appreciation and respect for Rush has only gotten greater. He is so, so special and just an amazing guy in so many fascinating ways.

In my high school history class I remember a pundit quote (Walter Lippmann?) about FDR: "A second class mind but a first class temperament". And I would make this observation about Rush: "A first class mind and a first class temperament".

Edited by BerkeleyUnderground

Dean Adam Smithee

When Rush burst on the scene back in the late 80's, I was aware of the phenomenon he seemed to be. But back then I was an NPR addict. I loved their programing and Saturday was a special delight. The only NPR program I never really got into was "The Prairie Home Companion" with Garrison Keller. But at some point, I did start trying to find Rush on the radio. And I liked his program but I was really kind of a slow convert until that day when on an NPR lunch time call in program the NPR crowd let loose with all the meanness and hatefulness they could on then President G.W. Bush. I was so pissed, I quit NPR cold turkey and every day thereafter it was Rush Limbaugh.

And how many things or people could I say this about, that, over the years, my appreciation and respect for Rush has only gotten greater. He is so, so special an just an amazing guy in so many fascinating ways.

In my high school history class I remember a pundit quote (Walter Lippmann?) about FDR: "A second class mind but a first class temperament". And I would make this observation about Rush: "A first class mind and a first class temperament".

Big NPR fan too. Not their "political" stuff but that they were the only ones with things like "Prarie Home Companion", "Car Talk", "Jazz on the Beach", and I think for a while "The BB King Blues Hour" though I've also head that on commercial stations in the day.

When I first heard Rush, it immediately seemed like he was "something different". He almost lost me for a while in what I'd call the "dittohead" era of early/mid-'90s to mid '00s in which it seemed like he was almost becoming a caricature of himself, but I'm back again.

Taggart Transcontinental

Maybe he will get the same level of treatment Jimmy Carter and RBG got.

Liz

'There Is Nobody Like Him': Trump Wishes Rush Limbaugh A 'Speedy Recovery'After Cancer Diagnosis

Washington Examiner

by Mike Brest

February 03, 2020 10:33 PM

Excerpt:

President Trump sent encouraging words to conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh after he announced he had been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer.

"Many people do not know what a great guy & fantastic political talent the great Rush Limbaugh is. There is nobody like him. Looking for a speedy recovery for our friend!" the president tweeted Monday night.

Many people do not know what a great guy & fantastic political talent the great Rush Limbaugh is. There is nobody like him. Looking for a speedy recovery for our friend! https://t.co/GRTt56BjEu

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 4, 2020

Limbaugh, 69, made the announcement on his radio show earlier on Monday. He also explained that he would likely miss time on the program while he undergoes treatment.

*snip*

In addition to Trump, Vice President Mike Pence also wished Limbaugh well in the wake of the news.

"Rush Limbaugh is a National Treasure who has made a difference on the airwaves of America for 30 years," he tweeted. "Rush, Karen and I will be joining millions across this Country in praying for your swift recovery. God Bless You!"

*snip*

Full Story

Liz

'Best Wishes': Tulsi Gabbard Sends Rush Limbaugh 'Love' After Cancer Diagnosis

Washington Examiner

by Spencer Neale

February 03, 2020 10:59 PM

Excerpt:

Democratic presidential candidate Rep. Tulsi Gabbard sent her support to Rush Limbaugh after the radio host announced he has been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer.

*snip*

To Rush Limbaugh: I and my family send our love and best wishes to you and your loved ones at this difficult moment in your life. May your hearts and minds be filled with and strengthened by God's love.

— Tulsi Gabbard
🌺
(@TulsiGabbard) February 4, 2020

Gabbard, 38, has faced criticism from fellow Democrats during the primary season due to some of her libertarian-leaning policy positions, including her anti-interventionist stance. She is suing former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for calling her a "Russian asset" in October.

*snip*

Full Article

Kilmerfan

Cancer sucks fight it Rush. My brother is going though cancer treatment right now.

Howsithangin

A formative person in my life, I've been listening since 1992. Like many, he put words to how I felt. To discover that there were so many others out there who mirrored my beliefs was like a light turning on in a dark room.

I have only a short list of people whom I truly admire, and Rush Limbaugh is on that list. I do not think it is over the top to claim that he saved this nation, politically. I hope that if he passes during Trump's Second Term, that Trump calls for flags to be flown at half staff for this national treasure.

I'm heartbroken to hear this, but deep down I knew it was coming, given his cigar habit.

Howsithangin
Democratic presidential candidate Rep. Tulsi Gabbard sent her support to Rush Limbaugh after the radio host announced he has been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer.

*snip*

To Rush Limbaugh: I and my family send our love and best wishes to you and your loved ones at this difficult moment in your life. May your hearts and minds be filled with and strengthened by God's love.

— Tulsi Gabbard
🌺
(@TulsiGabbard) February 4, 2020

Gabbard, 38, has faced criticism from fellow Democrats during the primary season due to some of her libertarian-leaning policy positions, including her anti-interventionist stance. She is suing former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for calling her a "Russian asset" in October.

*snip*

Full Article

I've said it before and I'll say it again, agree with her politically or not, she is class.

Liz

I've said it before and I'll say it again, agree with her politically or not, she is class.

I agree. I was touched by her thoughtfulness and I wish more people would think before they spoke.