To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
BerkeleyUnderground

Rush Limbaugh Says He Has Advanced Lung Cancer

Rate this topic

ilja

Cancer sucks fight it Rush. My brother is going though cancer treatment right now.

I'm so sorry Kilmerfan. I pray for his recovery and for you and all your family.

A formative person in my life, I've been listening since 1992. Like many, he put words to how I felt. To discover that there were so many others out there who mirrored my beliefs was like a light turning on in a dark room.

I have only a short list of people whom I truly admire, and Rush Limbaugh is on that list. I do not think it is over the top to claim that he saved this nation, politically. I hope that if he passes during Trump's Second Term, that Trump calls for flags to be flown at half staff for this national treasure.

I'm heartbroken to hear this, but deep down I knew it was coming, given his cigar habit.

:yeahthat: I first heard about this when I came to RN after work last night and I was so upset about it that I actually cried which I never do over celebrities or well known people since I don't know them personally. There's just something about Rush and his influence on my growth politically and new found desire to really learn about our history. He also reinforced my great love and thanks for those few who step up and risk their lives to protect all of us.

I had quit listening to him the last few years for some reason but it was never because I did not want to hear what he was saying but more like how you quit visiting a beloved relative very much due to the busyness of your every day life. But on the occasion when I was able to catch him, I still had a special place in my heart for the man because of his words inspiring me to listen to a different point of view than I was originally thinking was the only right one back when I still considered myself a liberal. He was the one who helped me to realize that I did lean more conservative than I thought I did.

I pray Rush gets his miracle and we get quite a few more years with him. I pray for his family too. I was struck back with his announcement yesterday and how he shared with us something he rarely does, his love of God. I know it's human nature to get closer to our Father when you come to a point in your life where you think you might be going to Him sooner rather than later. Still, Rush's sincerity on this subject gladdened my heart with even more love for Rush.

JerryL

Terrible disease. It Killed my father.

I wish him all the best.

You and me both. Not a fan and never have been. Just didn't care much for his presentation.

That being said, like you correctly state, a terrible disease in all it's forms

Prayers for him and his family.

JerryL

Cancer sucks fight it Rush. My brother is going though cancer treatment right now.

That it does.

Roll call right now:

Brother in law: bile duct cancer, doing very well.

Best friend: prostate cancer spread like wildfire through his bones. Has 2-3 years.

Friend of my daughters, 25, who I have known since they were 10: rare brain cancer that they couldn't beat. Attended her funeral yesterday.

Cancer sucks.

Edited by JerryL

mjperry51

That it does.

Roll call right now:

Best friend: prostate cancer spread like wildfire through his bones. Has 2-3 years.

Friend of my daughters, 25, who I have known since they were 10: rare brain cancer that they couldn't beat. Attended her funeral yesterday.

Cancer sucks.

Sorry for your loss Jerry - hope your daughter is coping okay.

Had malignant brain tumor removed a week after Thanksgiving in 2018. Larger than a golf ball. Good news about Grade 3 Menigiomas is they seldom migrate.

Six weeks of radiation (thankfully no chemo). So far two follow up MRIs have been clean.

I've been extremely blessed

Rush faces a much more difficult road; he's a fighter, and I pray for his full recovery.

Dean Adam Smithee

That it does.

Roll call right now:

Cancer sucks.

Grandmother - Diagnosed with breast cancer, but she was 90 YO by then. Decided not to treat it, at her age treatment would've done more harm than good. Kidney failure got her a year or two later.

An Aunt - She noticed some odd bumps on her legs while vacationing at the beach. Went to the doctor as soon as she got back home, diagnosed as some sort of Lymphoma, and they put her right in the hospital. She never made it out of the hospital and was dead 2 or 3 months later. But, this was early 1980s and cancer treatment was relatively primitive compared to today.

jr_tex

Been listening since back when I had brown hair. Somewhere around '92. My buddy put Rush on the radio during the "Algore" commercial. I looked at him and he said give it a few times and think SNL with politics for the radio. Been listening almost every day since.

I was playing golf yesterday when I heard. My partners wife called to tell him and she NEVER calls. I have been sad every since. My prayers are for his full recovery and thankfulness he has been on the air all this time.

Kilmerfan

That it does.

Roll call right now:

Cancer sucks.

The most terrifying part is sometimes the cure is worst than the cancer, you have to have a test for your other tests.

Ladybird

Shannon Doherty announced her cancer is stage 4 as well.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/04/entertainment/shannen-doherty-cancer-trnd/index.html

Both of my parents had breast cancer (yes men get it too), and both survived it. It wasn’t until 12 years later that my dad got lung cancer, which spread to the brain. Things progressed very quickly after the diagnosis.

Edited by Ladybird

RedSoloCup

At least he caught it in the early formation of Stage 1. He should fare well...

Edited by RedSoloCup

ASE

I've had it - beat it, too. (not lung cancer, though, I stopped smoking back in '85 so I'm hoping it is not in the picture anymore)

JerryL

Sorry for your loss Jerry - hope your daughter is coping okay.

Had malignant brain tumor removed a week after Thanksgiving in 2018. Larger than a golf ball. Good news about Grade 3 Menigiomas is they seldom migrate.

Six weeks of radiation (thankfully no chemo). So far two follow up MRIs have been clean.

I've been extremely blessed

Rush faces a much more difficult road; he's a fighter, and I pray for his full recovery.

Thank you. My daughters are doing OK. Pretty tough on them, though.

Praises for your recovery! Cancer doesn't always win. May all your MRIs be clean!

JerryL

I've had it - beat it, too. (not lung cancer, though, I stopped smoking back in '85 so I'm hoping it is not in the picture anymore)

I only quit a couple of years ago. I was never a heavy smoker and hope to have avoided it, as well.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Dutch13
At least he caught it in the early formation of Stage 1. He should fare well..

Rush Limbaugh described it as advanced lung cancer and President Trump said it was stage 4. Since it is already impacting his breathing, it doesn't sound good.

ASE

I only quit a couple of years ago. I was never a heavy smoker and hope to have avoided it, as well.

I read a while back that if you have been a reformed smoker for 10 years or more your risk levels are supposed to revert back to the same as a non-smoker.

Dean Adam Smithee

Rush Limbaugh described it as advanced lung cancer and President Trump said it was stage 4. Since it is already impacting his breathing, it doesn't sound good.

I'm still looking for a bona-fide cite as to "stage". The symptoms, as twittered, imply "Stage 1"-ish. Stage 4 is something else, meaning start making sure your affairs are in order for the probate court.