To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
MTP Reggie

“Ragged Old Flag” Super Bowl 2020 Spot Under Fire

Rate this topic

MTP Reggie

"Ragged Old Flag" Super Bowl 2020 Spot Under Fire: "A Slap in the Face" to Colin Kaepernick

By Claire Spellberg

Feb 2, 2020 at 6:45pm

Decider

<More Here About A Whiny, Worthless POS>

In what may be a Super Bowl record, the NFL managed to make viewers angry with 30 minutes to go before the Super Bowl 2020 kickoff with a new commercial set to Johnny Cash's "Ragged Old Flag." The three-minute ad followed Medal of Honor recipient Kyle Carpenter and other members of the military as they reflected on their service, but not everyone came away with good vibes. While the NFL's "Ragged Old Flag" ad didn't specifically mention Colin Kaepernick, many viewers felt that the commercial was a way of throwing some not-so-subtle shade at the former San Francisco 49er. As one viewer put it, "That ragged old flag bit was the stinkiest propaganda piece I've ever seen."

During the Super Bowl 2020 pregame show, Fox aired a commercial starring Kyle Carpenter, a retired U.S. Marine who received a Medal of Honor in 2014 after he was injured in Afghanistan. Images of the American flag flashed on screen as Carpenter and a few female NFL owners, including Kansas City Chiefs owner Norma Hunt, recited verses from the Constitution and reflected on Johnny Cash's "Ragged Old Flag."

The commercial didn't specifically mention former San Francisco 49er Colin Kaepernick, who drew the world's attention when he protested police brutality by kneeling during the national anthem, many viewers felt that the implication was clear. "This 90% white people 'ragged old flag' piece is bull<censored>," tweeted one viewer. "This old flag was a wonderful slap in the face of Colin Kaepernick," wrote another.

(snip)

<More Here About A Whiny, Worthless POS>

E Van der Vliet

What if it is? Is that pansy ass Patrick the only one allowed a platform to spew his discontent for our country? Does that mean no one else is allowed a platform that takes pride in our country?

Leftist are such babies. <censored> em!

Kilmerfan

Claire is a @#$%

NH Populist

Excuse me, but didn't the NFL give Kaepernick an opportunity to rejoin the organization? And didn't he walk away rather than show his talents to teams with an interest in signing him? How is respect for the flag a slap in the face for Kaepernick? He got the attention he wanted, then caved when it came time to put up or shut up...

Noclevermoniker

While I enjoyed the spot, I felt it was a bit pandering rather than patriotic, given the NFL has made all kinds of accommodations and excuses for their misinformed players to opt out of being present and standing for the National Anthem in the past few years.

Severian

Who died and appointed Kapernick god?

Magic Rat

Kaepernick is a nobody. If he feels offended, that's his problem. We've given this worthless human being enough attention.

MontyPython

Didn't see it, but I wish I had.

And Colin Kaputnik can suck my ____.

B)

MontyPython

THANK YOU for posting that, Reggie. My wife & I both enjoyed it very much. And Kaputnik can still suck my ____.

:salute:

RedSoloCup

Hey Colon Blow Krapernick...

ESAD, you worthless piece of <censored>. May you suffer one hell of a career ending (or life) ending injury. I will be so happy when you do. #Karma

Kaepernick is a nobody. If he feels offended, that's his problem. We've given this worthless human being enough attention.

Colon Blow can go straight to hell. If he hates it here he can leave, perhaps to a Muslim country. I will gladly chip in to buy his plane ticket.

Who died and appointed Kapernick god?

He did...

Edited by RedSoloCup

Ticked@TinselTown
"Ragged Old Flag" Super Bowl 2020 Spot Under Fire: "A Slap in the Face" to Colin Kaepernick

First of all, Colonoscopy has been free to kneel in his protest against a nation that has given him remarkable opportunities for mediocre skills, which means that OTHERS have the right to espouse their beliefs in any way they choose to.

Second of all, his is a face worth slapping repeatedly.

oki

Such a racist country we are, that's why we have scores of people of color who are millionaires for playing a game or entertaining a crowd and make more than most CEO's or even the President of the United States. Yup, being black and being able to make 10's of millions play a game, sing a song, or act in a movie is a tell tale sign of a inherently oppressive racist country all right.

RedSoloCup

First of all, Colonoscopy has been free to kneel in his protest against a nation that has given him remarkable opportunities for mediocre skills, which means that OTHERS have the right to espouse their beliefs in any way they choose to.

Second of all, his is a face worth slapping repeatedly.

With a 2x4