To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

Trump Fires Ambassador Gordon Sondland

Rate this topic

MontyPython

Of course I support their service. My support and respect of ALL our service men and women does not depend on their politics, unlike some in here.

It's not a simple matter of "their politics" in this specific case, and you know it. It's their outright treason against their country and the fact that previous service doesn't make treason "forgivable".

<_<

Edited by MontyPython

Joe the Pagan

It's not a simple matter of "their politics" in this specific case, and you know it. It's their outright treason against their country and the fact that previous service doesn't doesn't make treason "forgivable".

<_<

Monty I have another suggest if you are still having computer problems. Go find a military veteran and go to your local computer store. Ask for the most powerful computer. Hand it off to the veteran. When he walks out the door without paying for it berate the employees for besmirch the reputation of a veteran.

MontyPython

Monty I have another suggest if you are still having computer problems. Go find a military veteran and go to your local computer store. Ask for the most powerful computer. Hand it off to the veteran. When he walks out the door without paying for it berate the employees for besmirch the reputation of a veteran.

LOLOLOL

:thumbsup:

Ticked@TinselTown

It's not a simple matter of "their politics" in this specific case, and you know it. It's their outright treason against their country and the fact that previous service doesn't doesn't make treason "forgivable".

<_<

Monty, you're clouding the issue here.

You and I know that facts are kryptonite to the left.

When faced with them, the disingenuous and obtuse will be unable to respond with anything resembling honesty or comprehension.

MontyPython

Monty, you're clouding the issue here.

You and I know that facts are kryptonite to the left.

When faced with them, the disingenuous and obtuse will be unable to respond with anything resembling honesty or comprehension.

True indeed. But we can't and won't be "surprised" - If they were capable of honesty and objective comprehension, they wouldn't be leftists in the first place!

Ticked@TinselTown

True indeed. But we can't and won't be "surprised" - If they were capable of honesty and objective comprehension, they wouldn't be leftists in the first place!

Damned straight.

But, you have far more patience that I do in dealing with their ilk here. When the trolling posts start, I just shake my head and wonder how you all can keep putting up with the toddler brigade.

MontyPython

Damned straight.

But, you have far more patience that I do in dealing with their ilk here. When the trolling posts start, I just shake my head and wonder how you all can keep putting up with the toddler brigade.

Well for me it's just fun, like a cat toying with a mouse for a while before killing it. Or even better, it's like taking your .22 rifle out back and shooting at tin cans. Sure, you know perfectly well you're not doing anything "important" like hunting to put food on the table, ridding the area of a dangerous predator or rabid dog or anything else along such lines - you're just having fun shooting at tin cans.

And so it is when arguing with mindless leftists - I know perfectly well I'm not "accomplishing" anything: They're never going to start arguing honestly or reasonably, they're never going to admit how wrong they are or how corrupt their whole party is. But it's still lots of fun watching them twist & turn, LOL. And as long as it's still fun, I don't consider it a total waste of time. As soon as it stops being fun, I'll stop doing it.

:shrug:

Ladybird

It's not a simple matter of "their politics" in this specific case, and you know it. It's their outright treason against their country and the fact that previous service doesn't make treason "forgivable".

<_<

The hatred for their politics or crimes your side believes they have committed does not diminish service of Vindman, McCain, or anyone else. But once again, the posts I commented on were about Rep. Duckworth's time in Iraq.

gravelrash

By the by... anyone hear from Colin Powell lately?

Ticked@TinselTown

The hatred for their politics or crimes your side believes they have committed does not diminish service of Vindman, McCain, or anyone else. But once again, the posts I commented on were about Rep. Duckworth's time in Iraq.

It also doesn't excuse their actions after their service, a point you take relish in ignoring while pointedly repeating your cherrypicking response to a post.

Yet more pearls from Obtunisia.

RedSoloCup

It also doesn't excuse their actions after their service, a point you take relish in ignoring while pointedly repeating your cherrypicking response to a post.

Yet more pearls from Obtunisia.

:exactly:

Squirrel

And any prior service or acts don’t pardon current acts. That’s a point you just can’t admit can you, the current acts and charecter of these people. But again I don’t give a f about their past. But just a small bit of knowledge you might not know in your expert millitary experience. I served with a lot of scum while in combat arms. Guess what some even held rank. That’s including in iraq. I knew a ton of soldiers I wouldn’t trust around my kid, to watch my dog or even barrow my car. But hey great guys according to you can’t say anything bad about them or their time in service. Your butt hurt is noted carry on. Maybe while your preaching read abit about McCain and what other people in that pow camp said he did or his actions or let’s talk about Kerry. Yep you have a point hell let’s give Jane Fonda a medal didn’t she go to nam and do a few things the left cheered. As I said carry on

Edited by Squirrel

MontyPython

I've said nothing anywhere in this thread about McCain or Duckworth. And you're just plain lying that the only comments you've made in this thread were about Duckworth's time in Iraq.

And you're just plain wrong about Vindman, too. His direct stabbing of his country in the back completely erases any earlier service to his country, just like Benedict Arnold.

B)

Squirrel

Talk about cult the left can’t even admit when their leaders are wrong or should be held accountable. Just back pedal, spin , what about , well 15 yrs ago they were a good person , what about ,,,, etc. Hopefully there’s not a Bernie or Obama soon handing out actual Jonestown koolaide because they’d line up for seconds. Right now it’s just a slow swirl down the drain. Not one left member on this site has yet been able to list what the democrats are offering that’s positive. Just koolaide they can’t pay for I guess

Howsithangin

By the by... anyone hear from Colin Powell lately?

haven't heard anything come out of the colon in a while

scotsman

And any prior service or acts don’t pardon current acts. That’s a point you just can’t admit can you, the current acts and charecter of these people. But again I don’t give a f about their past. But just a small bit of knowledge you might not know in your expert millitary experience. I served with a lot of scum while in combat arms. Guess what some even held rank. That’s including in iraq. I knew a ton of soldiers I wouldn’t trust around my kid, to watch my dog or even barrow my car. But hey great guys according to you can’t say anything bad about them or their time in service. Your butt hurt is noted carry on. Maybe while your preaching read abit about McCain and what other people in that pow camp said he did or his actions or let’s talk about Kerry. Yep you have a point hell let’s give Jane Fonda a medal didn’t she go to nam and do a few things the left cheered. As I said carry on

Except if your name is Ollie North. Then its a-ok, cos he's 'one of us'. Hell, he's a damn hero. An all-American boy.

The fact that he subverted a congressional act, lied to and misled congress, accepted illegal monies, destroyed govt documents.....well, erm, well.....

MontyPython

Except if your name is Ollie North. Then its a-ok, cos he's 'one of us'. Hell, he's a damn hero. An all-American boy.

The fact that he subverted a congressional act, lied to and misled congress, accepted illegal monies, destroyed govt documents.....well, erm, well.....

I can't help being confused - Who has said anything in defense of Oliver North anywhere in this thread?

:scratch:

scotsman

I can't help being confused - Who has said anything in defense of Oliver North anywhere in this thread?

:scratch:

I am making a clear point about what could be seen as hypocrisy when the miscreant is 'one of us'. The same people spewing hate against Vindman (which I fully understand) are the same people who lionise the like of Ollie. A man who also disgraced the uniform. Except he happens to be one of us, so he gets a pass. In fact is still hailed by millions as some sort of hero.

scotsman

You're saying 70 million Trump supporters are a cult?! Yeah I know, the number was 63 million in 2016, but I revised it up to compensate for the 24/7 attacks from the Left that's alienating their base. I'm sure you can relate...

If RN is to go by, nearly. RN is turning fanboy in comparison to how most here felt about Trump at the start of 2016.

I didn't say she was a hero. If a Republican Trump supporter had sacrificed as much as Tammy Duckworth has, would you and the rest of the cult not only downplay, but mock their service?

Even Colin Powell is getting chucked under the bus.

scotsman

"A pass?" For what, exactly?

Serving honorably? Reporting up the chain of command? Responding to a House subpoena and answering truthfully?

Her point is that neither Lt. Col Vindman nor Senator Duckworth deserve the abuse they're taking in this thread.

(dude, get it together...you're going full you-know-what again)

I have never said RNers shouldn't be angry at Vendman, I guess I naively thought his veteran status would mean the hatred would be a bit held back. Boy, was I wrong lol.

Oh, to answer an earlier post, TG, don't get too smug re Trump. He may divide the country, but he will win in Nov. And handsomely. Frankly, as a unbiased and objective furrner, the list of Dem candidates is a depressing bunch. If a Faux-Indian, an old geezer with heart issues, an untested young politician and god help us, Joe Biden, are your answers to the question 'who beats Trump', then you are, as we say in the UK, 'right royally f*cked'. I'd give up for 2020 and start planning for 2024. Seriously.

Edited by scotsman

MontyPython

I am making a clear point about what could be seen as hypocrisy when the miscreant is 'one of us'. The same people spewing hate against Vindman (which I fully understand) are the same people who lionise the like of Ollie. A man who also disgraced the uniform. Except he happens to be one of us, so he gets a pass. In fact is still hailed by millions as some sort of hero.

That's not exactly accurate. Yes, some of the same people who hate Vindman defend North. But not all of us. Not me, for example. To say "The same people spewing hate against Vindman . . . are the same people who lionise the like of Ollie" is an inaccurate and unfair assertion.

If RN is to go by, nearly. RN is turning fanboy in comparison to how most here felt about Trump at the start of 2016.

Well that's perfectly understandable, considering the unexpectedly great president Trump has turned out to be. I'm one of those who was extremely reluctant to vote for him in 2016, and only did so because of the utterly worthless, vile and corrupt alternative. I never expected him to be even "good", let alone "great". I just knew he couldn't possibly be as bad as Hillary Clinton, no matter what.

But he has not only turned out to be a great president, he has managed to do it under daily attacks, resistance, libel, slander and outright lies from Democrats. If only the Democrats loved America as much as they hate Trump, and had been willing to put all that energy into helping America rather than hurting Trump, he could have accomplished ten times as much.

So I don't think "fanboys" is accurate at all. A more correct label would be "honest, objective observers".

B)

Edited by MontyPython

JerryL

This is what you come back with?

I was on active duty as US Naval Officer when his whole scandal hit the fan. I remember thinking "What an idiot!" He was my first in a significant number of officers who made me wonder just WTF happens to certain people when they make O-5 (Commander/Lieutenant Colonel)?

Vindman and North have one very important thing in common. They were both seconded to the National Security Council as staff officers and both had important sounding titles.

Here is what the NSC is supposed to do:

"Since its inception under President Truman, the Council's function has been to advise and assist the President on national security and foreign policies. The Council also serves as the President's principal arm for coordinating these policies among various government agencies. The NSC is chaired by the President."

My link

If any of the defenders of either Vindman or North, although I have no idea what he has to do with this other than a nearly 40 year old "what about," care to show me where it is the job of a staff officer on the NSC to make or interpret policy or to advise or negotiate with foreign governments, I would be very interested to see it.

Bottom line is that Vindman jumped his CoC because he KNEW his CoC didn't trust him, and with good reason. He leaked protected information. It is more than likely that he is the source of the information that the "whistle blower" who, if you remember, had NO first hand information of his own. He advised a foreign leader on how to deal with US policy that he, Vindman, disagreed with. He testified that he felt he had to do this because the President...WHO SETS FOREIGN POLICY...wasn't sticking to the talking points that a mid career staff officer prepared.

Vindman is a disgrace to the uniform and he violated his commissioning oath and betrayed his service and his chain of command. His purple heart is for an injury from a roadside bomb, not from direct action with the enemy. He has no personal valor awards and has done nothing to distinguish himself from thousands of other officers who have served honorably...except for betraying his oath.

His service up to his betrayal gets no pass from me.

And in case you didn't get it, I feel the same way about North.

JerryL

Really. Some people who were skeptical about a man who subsequently proves to be more than capable of doing the job and who racks up a long list of fulfilled campaign promises and achievements now gladly support him. Mind boggling, isn't it?

Even Colin Powell is getting chucked under the bus.

Colin Powell was a political animal and has been since he first put on stars. I lost most of my respect for him when he agreed to go before the UN with the weak crap that GWB sent him in there with.

JerryL

I have never said RNers shouldn't be angry at Vendman, I guess I naively thought his veteran status would mean the hatred would be a bit held back. Boy, was I wrong lol.

Why should it? Seriously, why?

Well, he served honorably right up until he betrayed his oath.

Well, he was good kid right up until he burned down that church.

Well, he was a friendly neighbor and family man right up until he murdered his family.

I think we should "hold back" a bit.

JerryL

Except you are making a generalization that doesn't hold water to cover for your support, or "holding back on hatred," of a serving military officer betraying his oath.