To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
MTP Reggie

Trump says he’s fixing coronavirus testing issues

Rate this topic

MTP Reggie

Trump says he's fixing coronavirus testing issues, blames Obama for complicating things

BY THE POLITICAL INSIDER STAFF

MARCH 13, 2020

Lifezette

<Too Short To Excerpt>

President Donald Trump hammered the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) over issues surrounding the testing of coronavirus, claimed he was cutting red tape to speed up the process, and blamed Barack Obama for the position we are currently in by slowing things down during the H1N1 outbreak during the prior administration.

The president took to Twitter early Friday morning to suggest his predecessor was behind problems that caused the CDC to be unprepared in the event of a pandemic.

The public health institute, rather than using test kits from the World Health Organization, made their own, creating undue issues with delays and accuracy.

Trump lambasted the CDC, alleging they had spent years simply hoping an emergency health issue of this scale would never hit the United States. "For decades the [CDC] looked at, and studied its testing system, but did nothing about it. It would always be inadequate and slow for a large scale pandemic, but a pandemic would never happen, they hoped," he tweeted.

<Too Short To Excerpt>

mliff1

I support Trump 100% but this kind of rhetoric should stop! Just my opinion.

Dean Adam Smithee

JMHO, But if they REALLY want to fix what's broken, STOP requiring people to go to Hospital Emergency rooms to get tested.

FOR ONE, That's not what ERs are for; they were never designed as places to do mass testing like this. And having to do it interferes with their real job.

FOR TWO, well, the country is practically going into lockdown trying to keep people from gathering en mass and passing this back and forth. So, where to get tested? A place where hundreds of othere who may or may not have the disease are gathered en mass to get tested - An idea SO frickin' STOOPID that only a bureaucrat could have thought of it.

Timothy

At least he's no longer lying and claiming there isn't a shortage.

Severian

The CDC problems surprise me...not at all. Going all the way back to the Ebola Reston outbreak at the monkey processing facility, described in the book "The Hot Zone," CDC has a history of incompetence and inefficiency and failure to take threats seriously. Just reading about the butting of heads between USAAMRID and CDC was telling, the Army guys were ready to pull their hair out. The only thing that dodged a bullet is that the disease in that instance never jumped to humans. If it had, CDC would have been not only incapable of handling it but complicit in causing it to spread.

CDC is like every single bureaucracy in the country. No wonder Reagan said the most frightening words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ladybird

JMHO, But if they REALLY want to fix what's broken, STOP requiring people to go to Hospital Emergency rooms to get tested.

FOR ONE, That's not what ERs are for; they were never designed as places to do mass testing like this. And having to do it interferes with their real job.

FOR TWO, well, the country is practically going into lockdown trying to keep people from gathering en mass and passing this back and forth. So, where to get tested? A place where hundreds of othere who may or may not have the disease are gathered en mass to get tested - An idea SO frickin' STOOPID that only a bureaucrat could have thought of it.

NY is starting drive-through testing, starting with down state counties, which have been harder hit.

And in booze news, NY is also allowing bars and restaurant to sell alcohol as 'carry-out' items.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-new-york-permit-carryout-booze-20200316-iujzodbdlnb6jo6y2272dwdzni-story.html

GrimV

Stop being overly concerned with laying blame and focus on fixing the damn problem.

Magic Rat

NY is starting drive-through testing, starting with down state counties, which have been harder hit.

And in booze news, NY is also allowing bars and restaurant to sell alcohol as 'carry-out' items.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-new-york-permit-carryout-booze-20200316-iujzodbdlnb6jo6y2272dwdzni-story.html

I heartily endorse both policies.

Magic Rat

Agreed. Not helping anything. Don't complain about "politicizing" this situation while blaming someone else for it. It doesn't hurt to look like the cool competent leader who is above the nonsense. Let the media look like <censored>s over it.

zurg

Stop being overly concerned with laying blame and focus on fixing the damn problem.

Agreed!

At least you no longer are only posting anti-Trump statements. Oh wait.

Taggart Transcontinental

Is he wrong? He's blamed because we don't have enough respirators, and yet we forget that Obamacare added a 2.5% tax on medical equipment. Which at the time it was stated would cause companies to lose demand in respirators. Is it wrong to bring this up, or should he just let them place the blame on him and our Capitalist system? Marxism guarantees the worst outcome for everything. Worry about the rhetoric coming from the left and NOT responding to it. That is much more damaging than your opinion that he should stop defending himself.

Taggart Transcontinental

He fixed that, you will go to remote sites run by CVS pharmacy and other organizations.

Taggart Transcontinental

https://twitter.com/...%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

https://www.nydailyn...dzni-story.html

In other words in our Federal Republic Governors and Mayors are doing what they should do. The Federal Government is nothing more than a coordination and facilitation branch. Local, city, county and State run the lead. This is not Trumps camel to hump, he merely facilitates those that should do it.

Ladybird

Is he wrong? He's blamed because we don't have enough respirators, and yet we forget that Obamacare added a 2.5% tax on medical equipment. Which at the time it was stated would cause companies to lose demand in respirators. Is it wrong to bring this up, or should he just let them place the blame on him and our Capitalist system? Marxism guarantees the worst outcome for everything. Worry about the rhetoric coming from the left and NOT responding to it. That is much more damaging than your opinion that he should stop defending himself.

The buck stops over there..

zurg

Every single buck of every aspect of economy and society?

You’re the LAST person to wish Trump to have that level of power. And it’s not doable anyway. You’re being totally flippant and dishonest.

mliff1

When i glanced at this i thought i read "NY is doing drive through booze bars" ha. Had to re-read it.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
Posted (edited)

He wasn't lying at all in the first place.

You are.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger

:exactly:

Damned straight.

Taggart Transcontinental

Apparently the buck stops where ever you leftists place the buck and the person receiving the blame has no right to rebuttal. Obama could do no wrong, Trump can do nothing right, but that's just how you leftists are.

It never stops upon a lefty because of your double standards and moving goalposts.

If it weren't for double standards, your party wouldn't have any at all.

Ladybird

He wasn't lying at all in the first place.

You are.

“I’ve always known this is a, this is a real, this is a pandemic,”

-Trump today..

He lies so much that it's as natural to him as breathing, and by extension, the super duper fans come to believe any revision themselves.

Oathtaker

This FEMA document says the buck stops at the local level:

https://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/1582825590194-2f000855d442fc3c9f18547d1468990d/NRF_FINALApproved_508_2011028v1040.pdf

It has for some time including what went down in Puerto Rico.

This was why Trump responded to your idiot Governor the way he did concerning doing more.

Ladybird

This FEMA document says the buck stops at the local level:

https://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/1582825590194-2f000855d442fc3c9f18547d1468990d/NRF_FINALApproved_508_2011028v1040.pdf

It has for some time including what went down in Puerto Rico.

This was why Trump responded to your idiot Governor the way he did concerning doing more.

I was referring to blaming the previous president three years into his.

I'm not wild about Cuomo, but he's been pretty solid of late.

Ticked@TinselTown

-Trump today..

He lies so much that it's as natural to him as breathing, and by extension, the super duper fans come to believe any revision themselves.

Wow. That keen sense of observation being able to see who is lying and who isn't must have come along late in life, because after 2 tenures of Obama, you never once recognized when he lied.

Go figure.

NH Populist
Posted (edited)

-Trump today..

Seriously LB?! IF YOU LIKE YOUR DOCTOR, YOU CAN KEEP YOUR DOCTOR? Who are you trying to kid?! And how about your man's MILLIONS in cash to the world's leading state sponsor of terror?! Climb down off your high horse LB, no-one's buying what you're peddling!

Edited by NH Populist