To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

Stop the 'anecdotal' nonsense

Rate this topic

Ticked@TinselTown

You have nothing to offer, so let's focus on the messenger.

Typical..

And you proved his point spectacularly.

Magic Rat

So? This disinfectant manufacturer chose to release a statement (not just about Lysol, FYI) to make clear to the public what the proper and safe safe usage of their product is, and that internal use to fight the coronavirus is not one of them.

And I wonder why they did that... Could it be that the president said disinfectant? Or could it be that CNN reported that he specifically said "Lysol or Clorox"? I guess I just have to keep wondering.

He did mention injecting disinfectant. The press did not make that up and neither did I. If any other president had made statements like Trump, the press would be all over it, no matter which the party.

He did NOT mention household cleaners. A disinfectant is a disinfectant, a solution to kill microorganisms. That's all. Lysol and Clorox are disinfectants but not all disinfectants are Lysol and Clorox. Jesus, I'm an accountant and I know this. We both know this. CNN knows this. And stop with the dumb, naive act, pretending to believe that the media isn't biased. You know better so the act doesn't fly.

Ladybird

And I wonder why they did that... Could it be that the president said disinfectant? Or could it be that CNN reported that he specifically said "Lysol or Clorox"? I guess I just have to keep wondering.

He did NOT mention household cleaners. A disinfectant is a disinfectant, a solution to kill microorganisms. That's all. Lysol and Clorox are disinfectants but not all disinfectants are Lysol and Clorox. Jesus, I'm an accountant and I know this. We both know this. CNN knows this. And stop with the dumb, naive act, pretending to believe that the media isn't biased. You know better so the act doesn't fly.

I didn't reference CNN. In the other thread, I said the company is likely doing CYA because the public is unpredictable and Trump mentioned "disinfectant". Do you think everyone will make these distinction? The lawyers for this manufacturer are likely betting no.

I just said right up there the media has been, occasionally, unfair to Trump. I NEVER said it was not biased.

Magic Rat

I didn't reference CNN. In the other thread, I said the company is likely doing CYA because the public is unpredictable and Trump mentioned "disinfectant". Do you think everyone will make these distinction? The lawyers for this manufacturer are likely betting no.

You didn't have to. I referenced CNN for you because that is where as of last night, were STILL reporting that Trump said to inject Lysol or Clorox. I honestly do not think anyone with Covid-19 will go down to their city homeless camp where the idiotic needle exchanges are, grab a few syringes, pull the lemon scented Lysol Clean & Fresh from under the bathroom vanity and inject themselves with it. But if some moron does, it will be his own fault for ignoring what the president actually asked and decided that he would listen to CNN or MSNBC lying about it.

I just said right up there the media has been, occasionally, unfair to Trump. I NEVER said it was not biased.

I appreciate that. Are you now willing to admit this non-story has been bent so out of shape because of media hysterics based on their "occasional" biases?

MontyPython

If any other president had made statements like Trump, the press would be all over it, no matter which party they belonged to.

Oh freaking brother. You KNOW the part I highlighted is pure unadulterated horsesh*t.

LOLOLOLOL

"...occasionally..."

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

zurg
Posted (edited)

He did mention injecting disinfectant. The press did not make that up and neither did I. If any other president had made statements like Trump, the press would be all over it, no matter which party they belonged to.

One - he did mention disinfectant. Like MR has told you many times, that’s a word that’s not synonymous with Lysol or Chlorox. Also, you ignored the link I gave about H2O2, a common disinfectant, in fact so common that it’s used currently by many many cleaning companies to do “electrostatic fogging” of various commercial spaces. My office will probably get it in a couple of weeks. I thought that’s what Trump was referring to, and was going to come back with, but I was wrong. Why H2O2? This particular DISINFECTANT has actually seen use as an IV therapy, controversial yes, but done also under monitoring. I’m not saying I advocate that BUT it’s an actual possibly injectable disinfectant. True fact.

Regarding the “if any president had...” - that’s just such a pile of BS it flops around more than Trump’s hairdo. Have you not noticed how much the media covered for Obama? I guess not. Have you not noticed how the media covers for Biden who wants to be Pres? About the sexual assault charge? Didn’t notice eh? So no, it’s not “any” president who gets every misstep or unclear statement used in an attempt to crucify him. Every press conference he goes to, none of the media questions are in any way complimentary. They all try to find fault and dig for errors and to get the president to have to only talk about stuff that’s maybe imperfect. ALL of the questions are anti-Trump. So hell yeah, I’ll continue to defend him, because he needs all the help he can get when having citizens like people on your side of the divide who have only one goal in life: remove Trump, by any means necessary.

Edited by zurg

GrimV

If any other president had made statements like Trump, the press would be all over it, no matter which party they belonged to.

Please.

If you wanna see a prime example of media "balance" and "fairness", look no further than Tara Reade; a story they're currently "grappling" with, yet CNN alone posted 700 Kavanaugh stories.

I'll admit Trump brings a lot of this on himself, but our "unbiased" media is filled with shameless advocates for the DNC. Shameless to the point where they're no longer hiding it.

AntonToo

I was just going to say something about that.

Wow, a non-doctor President said something stupid about medicine. What president hasn't said stupid stuff?

I will say that making fun of what he DID say is understandable. The lies about it, though, are just typical leftist dishonesty.

Yea ok, we can give Trump some allowance for expected ignorance of someone distant from the medical field.

Even so, he has been dealing with this pandemic for months now, every day, and almost every hour as a president and he still talks about it like someone who has no idea WTF is going on.

I’m not giving allowance for that, thats a bridge too far.

Magic Rat

Yea ok, we can give Trump some allowance for expected ignorance of someone distant from the medical field.

Even so, he has been dealing with this pandemic for months now, every day, and almost every hour as a president and he still talks about it like someone who has no idea WTF is going on.

Yeah, you are otherwise so objective. BARF!

Dean Adam Smithee

One - he did mention disinfectant. Like MR has told you many times, that’s a word that’s not synonymous with Lysol or Chlorox. Also, you ignored the link I gave about H2O2, a common disinfectant, in fact so common that it’s used currently by many many cleaning companies to do “electrostatic fogging” of various commercial spaces. My office will probably get it in a couple of weeks. I thought that’s what Trump was referring to, and was going to come back with, but I was wrong. Why H2O2? This particular DISINFECTANT has actually seen use as an IV therapy, controversial yes, but done also under monitoring. I’m not saying I advocate that BUT it’s an actual possibly injectable disinfectant. True fact.

Yup. I think I posted early on, in a discussion of N95 masks, that H2O2 vapor was one method of sterilizing them for re-use. I hadn't heard of "fogging" a room, but why not? (Be sure to let it air out well before re-entry)

I like the UV-C possibilities as well. It's "tried and true", also well-known germicidal. But maybe the key is 'prevention' rather than 'cure'? Kill the COVID-19 in the environment BEFORE it gets inhaled into the lungs? I need to go up to the attic and dig out all those black lights and grateful dead posters from the '70s. I'll be frickin' IMMUNE.

thumbnail_large.jpeg?v=1441136381

ThePatriot

So once you see a litany of stupid remarks from Obama that you can't possibly defend, you're suddenly "ok" with giving Trump allowance for his remarks.

Good for you, Antons.

I'm sure he would be heart broken to learn that someone on the far left thinks ill of him. :rolleyes:

Taggart Transcontinental

In other words the study sample was worthless. . .

coffeenpc.gif

In other words you are correct, but if you are a leftist then the meaning is Trump is an idiot.

Taggart Transcontinental

So? This disinfectant manufacturer chose to release a statement (not just about Lysol, FYI) to make clear to the public what the proper and safe safe usage of their product is, and that internal use to fight the coronavirus is not one of them. Sure I highlighted it. The last few days have been like the Twilight Zone.

He did mention injecting disinfectant. The press did not make that up and neither did I. If any other president had made statements like Trump, the press would be all over it, no matter which party they belonged to.

Not even right.

https://thelibertarianrepublic.com/top-10-dumbest-quotes-from-president-barack-obama/

</h2>

<h2>You didn’t build that.

If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. Period.

I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.

Guantanamo will be closed no later than one year from now.

It’s here that companies like Solyndra are leading the way toward a brighter and more prosperous future.

Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.

I think when you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody.

It’s not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system.

I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money.

<h2></h2>Yeah the media was all over him about these weren't they?

GrimV

Please.

If you wanna see a prime example of media "balance" and "fairness", look no further than Tara Reade; a story they're currently "grappling" with, yet CNN alone posted 700 Kavanaugh stories.

I'll admit Trump brings a lot of this on himself, but our "unbiased" media is filled with shameless advocates for the DNC. Shameless to the point where they're no longer hiding it.

As usual, this keeps getting better...

Once again our "unbiased" media who "totally doesn't have an agenda, you guys" showcases their latest agenda driven narrative.

In case you didn't know, Republican Governor Brian Kemp (R-GA), who's a Republican governor from Georgia, which is a state run by Republicans. Anyway, Republican Governor Brian Kemp (R-GA), also known as "the Republican governor of Georgia", recently sentenced millions to literal death by "reopening" his Republican run state.

Meanwhile, another Governor from another state essentially issued the same order; yet, due to narrative conflicts, his name will be withheld while the media grapples.

JerryL

I acknowledged in the thread that inexplicably shutdown that Trump, sometimes, is quoted out of context and gets unfair media coverage.

Doesn't change the fact that many of these problems he brings on himself.

You didn't answer the question.

So, you "acknowledge" something that is a blatant and obvious fact. Nice for you.

The question is why does it seem to not matter to you at all that this is a daily occurrence? Is it OK simply because you have a visceral hatred of the the President? What if it were Obama? Would it still be OK or not worthy of comment then?

I agree completely. I cringed when he made the lame remark the he was being sarcastic. The scumbag media flat out lied about what he said, and if we want to put them on a scale, there is no doubt who committed the larger sin. However, it doesn't excuse the president for making such a lame comment.

Agreed.

JerryL

Way to not even address the point. The POINT of this is the leftist media's blatant lying about what he said, whether what he actually said was stupid or not. Why can't the completely in the bag leftist media question and make fun of what he did say? Why do they feel the need to make <censored> up and report completely false information? Could it be to pander to their low information, bat<censored> crazy, base that will jump all over something like this (read: You)?

I'm sure that he is crushed that a genius that once compared a fetus developing lungs to installing AC in a house ("They both didn't have them until they did.") feels that he has no idea "WTF is going on." Crushed.