To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

'Country before my party': Trump-supporting Georgia Democrat w

Rate this topic

kestrel

Uh oh..looks like the Dem's said they done got em another "Runaway on the loose...better capture him fast cuz he gonna talk to the other slaves and then God only knows what might happen"

KESTREL...

'Country before my party': Trump-supporting Georgia Democrat won't resign after 'outcry from the people'

by Mike Brest | Updated Apr 23, 2020, 05:02 PM

In a 180-degree turn, Georgia state Rep. Vernon Jones, a Democrat, said Thursday he will not resign because of the backlash from his endorsement of President Trump.

Jones, 59, announced his support for the president on April 14, pointing to Trump's "handling of the economy, his support for historically black colleges, and his criminal justice initiatives."

The endorsement earned swift condemnation from fellow Democrats in Georgia, who vowed retribution. In the face of this criticism, Jones said he intended to resign and not seek reelection for Georgia House District 91 on Wednesday.

He had a change of heart on Thursday.

"Because [of] what you did for me, I am going to remain on the battlefield. I am going to complete my term. I am going to continue to put my country before my party, and I’m going to do everything I can to help Donald J. Trump get reelected," Jones said in a video posted on social media, explaining that his decision was made after discussing it with his family and supporters.

The tweet included #MAGA, which is the acronym for Trump's 2016 campaign motto: "Make America Great Again."

Yesterday, I announced my intentions to resign from my office. But shortly thereafter, the outpour of support I received was too great for me to ignore.

I will not allow the Democrats to bully me into submission. I will not let them win.

I will NOT resign.

— Vernon Jones (@RepVernonJones)

He also credited the people who reached out to him with his change of mind.

"Little did I know that I would receive such [a] barrage of attacks and name-calling by the far Left in the Democratic Party," Jones said. "Yesterday, I had announced that I would not be completing my term, but then, when I started receiving the overwhelming amount of support, and outcry from the people that I represent in House District 91 … that was emotional, and that was motivational."

zurg
Posted (edited)

Good man.

(Meanwhile FoxNews wants us to believe that Biden is leading Trump in many if not most polls by 5,6,8 points. :lol:)

Edited by zurg