To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Dutch13

Trump's batsh*t crazy coronavirus 'cure' theories

Rate this topic

Dutch13

President Trump's batsh*t crazy coronavirus 'cure' theories are not just shockingly senseless and stupid - they're going to kill people

•Here's how to help people impacted by Covid-19

By Piers Morgan for MailOnline

Published: 08:18 EDT, 24 April 2020 | Updated: 09:30 EDT, 24 April 2020

SHUT THE F**K UP, PRESIDENT TRUMP.

Seriously.

Throughout this coronavirus crisis, the leader of the free world has turned the daily White House task force briefing into a rambling two-hour self-promoting rally.

He's devoted large chunks of them to trashing the media, attacking political opponents, telling us how great he is, and re-writing history as he tries to defend all the mistakes he's made since the virus first erupted.

And he's done all this while 50,000 Americans have died from COVID-19, the worst death toll in the world, and nearly a million cases have now been reported across the country.

But by far the most reckless and dangerous thing President Trump has done is use the most powerful podium on earth to air his batsh*t crazy theories about how to beat the virus.

And last night he stooped to a shameful new low by suggesting people suffering from COVID-19 should be injected with toxic disinfectant.

Yes, you read that right.

President Donald Trump stooped to a shameful new low at yesterday's White House press conference by suggesting people suffering from COVID-19 should be injected with toxic disinfectant

He made the claim after William Bryan, the Department of Homeland Security under secretary for science and technology, gave a presentation about new research which supposedly shows 'emerging results' that coronavirus degrades faster in warm conditions and dies quickest when exposed to direct sunlight. He also said that his research also indicated bleach can kill the virus in five minutes, and a concentrated isopropyl alcohol solution can kill it in 30 seconds

<SNIP>

https://www.dailymai...ill-people.html

gravelrash

I stopped reading at "Du".

Dutch13

I have only seen a couple of clips on twitter, so I don't have the full context. Piers Morgan is a big supporter of Donald Trump, so he is usually pretty supportive (when Trump isn't doing something like this).

Piers Morgan has been fanatical about shutting the world down to prevent deaths from Covid-19......and he has pulled no punches to anyone.

Dutch13
Posted (edited)
I stopped reading at
Somebody make sure that gravelrash can breathe with his head buried in sand.

If you don't have the balls to comment on the topic, then why even chime in?

Edited by Dutch13

Ladybird

I have only seen a couple of clips on twitter, so I don't have the full context. Piers Morgan is a big supporter of Donald Trump, so he is usually pretty supportive (when Trump isn't doing something like this).

Piers Morgan has been fanatical about shutting the world down to prevent deaths from Covid-19......and he has pulled no punches to anyone.

Fox News has a link that presents it in the full context.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/media-erupt-over-trump-comments-on-disinfectant-heres-what-he-said

Why doesn't Trump stick with subjects he knows about, instead of injecting (pun intended) himself into aspects of this pandemic where he has no expertise? There was no reason for him to make that comment that got the ball rolling, after the science and technology man from the DHS made his presentation.

gravelrash

Somebody make sure that gravelrash can breathe with his head buried in sand.

If you don't have the balls to comment on the topic, then why even chime in?

You're TDS has led you (and a couple of others) to the depths of inanity. Reality is the Sgt. Hulka to your William Francis. I know what PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump said. I also know not to take him literally because he uses generalizations and hyperbole. As an added bonus, I think clearly. Whereas some people choke in their own fog.

What I have to say on a number of current events is lengthy and complex. I try to be succinct. I see posts and exchanges that go on for several pages over dozens of paragraphs. Not my style. Some things are difficult to ignore but worth a guffaw not an exhaustive response.

LeansToTheRight

You're TDS has led you (and a couple of others) to the depths of inanity. Reality is the Sgt. Hulka to your William Francis. I know what PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump said. I also know not to take him literally because he uses generalizations and hyperbole. As an added bonus, I think clearly. Whereas some people choke in their own fog.

What I have to say on a number of current events is lengthy and complex. I try to be succinct. I see posts and exchanges that go on for several pages over dozens of paragraphs. Not my style. Some things are difficult to ignore but worth a guffaw not an exhaustive response.

Agree!

AntiObama

President Trump didn't just dream this up. He talked to highly skilled people that said there may be a treatment with this and it doesn't mean chugging Clorox Bleach.

Kilmerfan

Kilmerfan

Piers Morgan really, isn't he in trouble with British authorities? TDS sufferers will swallow anything.

Dutch13
You're TDS has led you (and a couple of others) to the depths of inanity.  Reality is the Sgt. Hulka to your William Francis.  I know what PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump said.  I also know not to take him literally because he uses generalizations and hyperbole.  As an added bonus, I think clearly.  Whereas some people choke in their own fog.

What I have to say on a number of current events is lengthy and complex.  I try to be succinct.  I see posts and exchanges that go on for several pages over dozens of paragraphs.  Not my style.  Some things are difficult to ignore but worth a guffaw not an exhaustive response.

The President didn't tell people to drink Lysol or Clorox, but you do understand that he opens himself up for this by trying to explain complex medical treatments using his extremely poor understanding of it and his inability to consider how he comes across as a figure of authority.

Just like folks do with Ladybug, you have assigned Piers Morgan's thoughts as mine. I didn't write the piece, just like Ladybug didn't write any story that she posted. If you disagree with the article, then explain why you disagree with the Trump supporter that wrote it, Piers Morgan. Don't make the story about Dutch13 and your preconceived notion of TDS.

When the left can't argue a point, they scream racism. When folks that support Trump can't argue a point, they scream TDS.

I posted it because no one else had. I clearly said that I have not seen the full "briefing"....I only saw a couple of his quotes in news clippings. That is how 85% of Americans get their news.....in soundbytes. The majority of America thinks that President Trump said to drink or inject Lysol.......and he has no one to blame but himself. He knows how his words will be reported.

Hopefully, in the future he will have his brainstorming sessions behind closed doors, away from the cameras, and simply stick to briefing the American people on the facts that he knows.

Taggart Transcontinental

Fox News has a link that presents it in the full context.

https://www.foxnews....es-what-he-said

Why doesn't Trump stick with subjects he knows about, instead of injecting (pun intended) himself into aspects of this pandemic where he has no expertise? There was no reason for him to make that comment that got the ball rolling, after the science and technology man from the DHS made his presentation.

Because he's a LEADER, and he's sitting in 100's of briefings you and I don't have the opportunity to sit through. This may have been discussed at one of them. However leftists like yourself would prefer he sit back and be bludgeoned with your talking points so you can win an election.

By the way, how is the flu vaccine "injected" into the body? In 2 ways, aerosol and IV/needle. So how would this be any different? Instead of demanding Trump shut up/resign/die maybe you should pull your head out and realize he's talking with tons of smart people that see the problem with different views.

Lets say they create a aerosol that will kill the virus. In front of various places like malls you have a small tent you walk through while breathing deeply or normally. Lets say this kills most of the viral load. Wouldn't that be an awesome process? You can "breathe easily" in the mall knowing that everyone walked in through one of those and it killed most of the germs and thus lessened the chances of getting this crap.

Or you can hide in your home until 2026 when a vaccine is good, you know choices.

Taggart Transcontinental

The President didn't tell people to drink Lysol or Clorox, but you do understand that he opens himself up for this by trying to explain complex medical treatments using his extremely poor understanding of it and his inability to consider how he comes across as a figure of authority.

Just like folks do with Ladybug, you have assigned Piers Morgan's thoughts as mine. I didn't write the piece, just like Ladybug didn't write any story that she posted. If you disagree with the article, then explain why you disagree with the Trump supporter that wrote it, Piers Morgan. Don't make the story about Dutch13 and your preconceived notion of TDS.

When the left can't argue a point, they scream racism. When folks that support Trump can't argue a point, they scream TDS.

I posted it because no one else had. I clearly said that I have not seen the full "briefing"....I only saw a couple of his quotes in news clippings. That is how 85% of Americans get their news.....in soundbytes. The majority of America thinks that President Trump said to drink or inject Lysol.......and he has no one to blame but himself. He knows how his words will be reported.

Hopefully, in the future he will have his brainstorming sessions behind closed doors, away from the cameras, and simply stick to briefing the American people on the facts that he knows.

Here's the problem right here. You and the others want him to sit down and take his beatings. He on the other hand speaks in terms American's understand. I for one after hearing that understood it to mean there are people with degrees doing various things to kill this virus. Not all of them are taking some sort of shot. Some are methods of breathing, or UV lighting etc. There are many ways to get to the bottom of the problem.

This is TDS. You want to see him fail. Get over yourself.

Squirrel

So the media is dishonest enough to believe trump is saying go to your local heroine dealer get a needle and inject cleaning supplies at home? Then evidently the left knows enough dumb people they are worried family or freinds may do this? I’m not surprised after the one thought trump told them to drink fish tank chemicals.

ThePatriot

If you're forming opinions from sound bytes that the corrupt MSM is spewing, you're doing yourself and others harm, Dutch.

You already know they are trying their best to spread false narratives - so why would you take anything they say at face value?

If you're not going to bother to investigate for yourself and you're just going to rely on the MSM to tell you what to think, that's your prerogative.

I don't think it's a smart thing to do, but hey, it's your life.

Ladybird
Posted (edited)

Because he's a LEADER, and he's sitting in 100's of briefings you and I don't have the opportunity to sit through. This may have been discussed at one of them. However leftists like yourself would prefer he sit back and be bludgeoned with your talking points so you can win an election.

By the way, how is the flu vaccine "injected" into the body? In 2 ways, aerosol and IV/needle. So how would this be any different? Instead of demanding Trump shut up/resign/die maybe you should pull your head out and realize he's talking with tons of smart people that see the problem with different views.

Lets say they create a aerosol that will kill the virus. In front of various places like malls you have a small tent you walk through while breathing deeply or normally. Lets say this kills most of the viral load. Wouldn't that be an awesome process? You can "breathe easily" in the mall knowing that everyone walked in through one of those and it killed most of the germs and thus lessened the chances of getting this crap.

Or you can hide in your home until 2026 when a vaccine is good, you know choices.

I wouldn't suggest not huffing any household cleaners until such time it has cleared clinical trials for curing whatever ails you, but you can do what you want.

Edited by Ladybird

SARGE

I wouldn't suggest huffing any household cleaners until such time it has cleared clinical trials for curing whatever ails you, but you can do what you want.

Where did Taggart suggest people start huffing household cleaners?

You're just like the Lamestream media, and about as dishonest.

Dutch13
If you're forming opinions from sound bytes that the corrupt MSM is spewing, you're doing yourself and others harm, Dutch.

You already know they are trying their best to spread false narratives - so why would you take anything they say at face value?

If you're not going to bother to investigate for yourself and you're just going to rely on the MSM to tell you what to think, that's your prerogative.

I don't think it's a smart thing to do, but hey, it's your life.

I posted an article that millions of people have read about a topic that millions(maybe closer to billions) more have heard in soundbytes. I didn't form an opinion based on the news reports, but ingesting or injecting clorox is (or was) the #1 trending topic in the world based on the President's press briefing.

I know the President says stupid things out loud. I know that millions of people will ignore it because they support him regardless of what he says or does. When it is about "famous people" people able to molest women because they are famous, it doesn't affect anybody except the ones around that famous person.

When it is about a topic that billions of people are terrified about right now, maybe it isn't such a great idea to brainstorm during a "press briefing" . We already know that someone died after listening to the President's press briefing and taking a toxic substance. Yes, people are stupid and they do stupid stuff........but the President does himself no favors when he talks about topics of which he knows very little.

Now, I appreciate your patronizing me as if I was going to believe the stories at face value, but I don't have two hours to devote to the President every night......and I bet 95% of voting Americans don't either. So, when the majority of American's believe that he said to think about consuming Clorox, don't blame me.

USNRETWIFE

I stopped reading at "Du".

yeahthat.gif

NH Populist
Posted (edited)

Wouldn't it be more constructive to ask why the Chinese allowed flights out of their country for DAYS, allowing the virus to spread all over the world, after they knew the virus was loose in their own country?! This typical Leftist whine about what Trump allegedly said is just more of the same old political gamesmanship...

Edited by NH Populist

Italian Biker

So the media is dishonest enough to believe trump is saying go to your local heroine dealer get a needle and inject cleaning supplies at home? Then evidently the left knows enough dumb people they are worried family or freinds may do this? I’m not surprised after the one thought trump told them to drink fish tank chemicals.

The left is worried they'd lose to many of their voting base.

Weaseljd
Posted (edited)

You have done what many here have done - read a soundbite or media interpretation of what was said or done and run with it instead of actually reviewing the source. I watched the full segment of this question and answer session, and Trump never made any such recommendations or suggestions. He was talking about what one of the department heads had just reported about the findings as to the effect of sunlight and temperature on the virus, and he was asking questions of the guy (in responding to another question) in these statements saying, "hey, can we look into this, and could we see if that would work?" the who disinfectant thing was him asking the guy if there was any research or way to look into seeing if something similar to cleaning a hard surface with these disinfectants that work in minutes could be done inside the body or under the skin (the expert said the government does not do that research so basically put the kabosh on it in the same interview). He never suggested we do this, he was asking the expert if we could research or look into whether this could be done. Its the media that then runs with this and says "Trump recommends" to make him look like an idiot, and then people like yourself that run with the headlines thinking its true.

So Piers Morgan basically read what another reporter said Trump said and then ran with calling Trump an idiot for suggesting this, when in reality, if you watch the whole segment, Trump never once suggested this was in fact a remedy or cure, but instead was himself asking if something like that would work (noting several times in his statements he was not a doctor and everyone should talk to their own doctors before doing ANYTHING).

edit to add - looks like a bunch pf people here beat me to the same idea. I am just getting slow in my old age

Edited by Weaseljd

Italian Biker

(mentioned in other thread)

The makers of Lysol have issued a warning that “under no circumstance” should its products be administered into the human body or be used as a treatment for coronavirus.

https://www.rb.com/media/news/2020/april/improper-use-of-disinfectants/

Do you honestly believe that Trump is suggesting to ingest or shoot household disinfectants in there bodies? Do you believe the reporters saying this are correct in their assesment? Or do you believe the that due to their dislike of him, they're twisting what he said?

Dutch13
<br />You have done what many here have done - read a soundbite or media interpretation of what was said or done and run with it instead of actually reviewing the source.

Let me repeat the first sentence again. The President didn't tell people to drink Lysol or Clorox, but you do understand that he opens himself up for this by trying to explain complex medical treatments using his extremely poor understanding of it and his inability to consider how he comes across as a figure of authority. I didn't "run" with anything. I posted an article about the #1 trending topic in the world.

He has professionals that can talk about this. He has demonstrated on numerous occasions that he isn't good at brainstorming medical topics on the fly. We all know that Trump could shoot someone on Fifth Ave and he isn't going to lose many votes from rightnation participants, but my goodness, I post an article and I am deranged and I fell for the media's manipulative ways.

President Trump has been a great President. His actions are noteworthy. His statements since this Covid 19 situation began have been horrendous. Some of his decisions since this all began have been good and some have been poor. This was a poor decision to decide to brainstorm on the fly.